You just canâ€™t head to the beach without a good book! Weâ€™ve picked some of the latest books from our favorite best-selling authors who either live in or write about the Lowcountry to give you the perfect beach read list for your visit to Palmetto Dunes:
1) The Hurricane Sisters: A Novel by Dorothea Benton Frank â€“ A very popular writer and New York Times bestselling author, Dorothea Benton Frank tells another Lowcountry tale, this time focusing on three generations of women and the â€śhurricanesâ€ť in each of their lives.
2) The Stories We Tell by Patti Callahan Henry â€“ In this southern tale to be released on June 24, Henry follows the drama of a fictional Savannah power couple and their family.
3) The Summer Wind by Mary Alice Monroe â€“ The latest from Mary Alice Monroe, and the second in the Lowcountry Summer Trilogy, â€śThe Summer Windâ€ť continues the heartwarming story of three half-sisters and their grandmother as they rediscover their Southern roots and family bonds.
4) The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd â€“ Selected for Oprahâ€™s Book Club, â€śThe Invention of Wingsâ€ť by â€śThe Secret Life of Beesâ€ť author Sue Monk Kidd chronicles the life of an urban slave in 19th century Charleston and the daughter of the wealthy family for whom she serves as a waiting maid.
5) Return to Tradd Street by Karen White â€“ Debuting on the New York Times bestsellers list at No. 6, â€śReturn to Tradd Streetâ€ť takes place in Charleston and offers an element of the paranormal. It tells of a new mother, who happens to be a psychic, and the mystery of a ghostly infant crying.
What book are you most looking forward to reading this summer?
If we can help you plan your Hilton Head Island vacation to our 3 miles of beautiful beach, please donâ€™t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.