We finally made it to spring break! Say goodbye to the bad winter weather and hello to warm sunny South Carolina skies. If you’re headed down our way for spring break, we’ve got some great suggestions for kids to enjoy here at the resort. From golf to swimming to fishing and more, there’s no time for video games or for getting bored here on Hilton Head Island.
Here’s our list of top spring break activities for kids on the island:
1) Swim -- What child doesn’t love to jump in the water and splash away? We figure that’s probably the first thing they’re going to want to do when they arrive, so we put it first on the list. Depending on the weather, if the ocean waters are a little too cool yet, hit the pool at your Hilton Head vacation rental, some of which are heated, and should be plenty warm in the sun.
2) Ride a bike – Our next suggestion that kids will love is riding their bike. We’re sure they’re already used to it at home and now they’ve got an entirely new area to explore. We recently replaced most of our bike paths, which number 5 miles within the resort alone. Instead of driving your car, ride your bike to the beach, to lunch, to golf, you name it! Get your Hilton Head bike rentals and all the gear you need at Hilton Head Outfitters.
3) Learn a new skill – Palmetto Dunes offers wonderful junior programs for both golf and tennis. Not only will kids and teens stay active and keep their minds firing, they’ll come home from Hilton Head Island proud to show their friends what they’ve learned. Watch these fun videos about our Little Swingers golf class and junior tennis clinics.
4) Explore nature – Nature is all around you on Hilton Head Island from the moss-draped live oak trees and colorful azaleas to shore birds and plentiful fish. Rent double kayaks and put an adult with each child for a peaceful kayak through our calm 11-mile lagoon system. See who can spot the most birds!
5) Reel in a big one – We have lots of great fishing around Palmetto Dunes, including our fair share of “monster” fish. Take a Hilton Head fishing charter on our lagoon and see if you can reel in Elvis, the giant red fish, or head out into the ocean for some exciting shark fishing for the whole family.
6) Go crabbing – This one may surprise you, but crabbing in Hilton Head is one of our favorite activities for families because everyone can get involved. Our charter, the Crabber J, teaches you how to catch a crab and then awards their world-famous Crabber J T-shirt to the person who catches the most!
What do you think your kids will enjoy the most on their Hilton Head Island spring break?
If you still need assistance booking a Hilton Head vacation villa or would like to book any of the above, please contact us at 866-744-7558.