Play Golf America hosts Family Golf Month during the month of July in order to promote golf as a fun, family activity. “Summer is a great time to get involved in the game of golf, because there are so many programs that focus on the benefits that golf has for everyone,” says PGA of America President Allen Wronowski.
We’ve got plenty of family-friendly opportunities to explore golf within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, recently named one of the World’s Top-25 Family Getaways by Travel + Leisure, and our three championship Hilton Head golf courses. Here are 6:
1) Kids play FREE! Children ages 10 and younger play free with an adult paying regular rate after 4 p.m. at all three of our Hilton Head golf courses.
2) Family Golf School – Learn to play golf all together with our three-day Hilton Head Family Golf School. Our golf instructors will tailor the instruction to your family’s skill level and have you looking like pros by the end of your Hilton Head vacation.
4) Little Swingers – Kids ages 3-7 can get started on the basics of golf with fun songs at our Little Swingers kids golf class offered seasonally.
5) Junior Clinics – Kids 6 and older can join in our junior Hilton Head golf clinics, which focus on mastering the fundamentals of golf shots, etiquette and rules. Three different shots are covered daily. More advanced players ages 8 and older can participate in the Advanced Junior Class, which includes a round with a professional.
6) Dine at Big Jim’s restaurant – After your family round of golf, head over to Big Jim’s restaurant right on the Jones course for a family-friendly meal with specialties including BBQ, burgers and pizza.
How will you celebrate Family Golf Month?