Let us help you with your holiday gift list this year with unique items from stores around Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Whether you’ve got a golfer, a tennis player, an outdoorsman or an ocean-lover on your holiday list, we’ve got the gift for them! Here are some of our top gift picks for 2013:
Golf Pro Shops
The golfer on your list will love this item from our Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop! The new Garmin Approach S4 GPS golf watch ($349.99) is the perfect idea for the golfer who has everything. This stylish, yet lightweight and comfortable watch uses hi-res touch screen technology and comes with a GPS receiver for precise yardage to the front, middle and back of the greens, plus layup and dogleg distances. There’s even a smart notification feature that lets you receive emails, texts and alerts from your iPhone (iPhone 4s and above models). The battery lasts up to 10 hours in GPS golf mode. Now, that’s a watch!
Be sure to use it while playing one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses: the Robert Trent Jones golf course, the Arthur Hills golf course or the George Fazio golf course.
Tennis Pro Shop
At the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop, we can’t resist the cute Spin Winz! It’s a plastic circle that attaches to the end of your racquet to help decide who serves first when the racquet is spun. Instead of the boring “M or W” or “P or D,” your options include “Trophy or Wife,” “Social or Butterfly” and “Diamonds or Pearls” as examples.
For men, we have a variety of logo shirts, great deals on Prince tennis racquets and shoes from Asics, Adidas and K-Swiss. For women, we have Life is Tennis bags in both Tote and Sling styles in a variety of colorful patterns, and LBH tops in sleeveless and long sleeve in a rainbow of colors.
Hilton Head Outfitters
Grab a new Hilton Head hoodie or Hilton Head Outfitters long-sleeve T. These are great for cooler days and to remind you of your last vacation or upcoming vacation to the island. They are available in a variety of colors, including green, pink and blue.
The Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina
Wouldn’t your loved one look great in a new pair of Costas? Or how about a new pair of Sperry Topsiders? The Ship’s Store offers a broad selection of Costa del Mar sunglasses, and when you buy any pair you get a $20 resort gift card (consider that a gift to youself!). The Ship’s Store has the largest selection of Sperry Topsider shoes on the island with more than 50 styles to choose from. They also carry Guy Harvey shirts, Sanuk sandals, Columbia Sportswear and Tervis tumblers.
The Palmetto Dunes General Store
While it would be nice if you could send your loved one a batch of cinnamon rolls freshly baked from the store, that may not be practical J. Instead choose from the General Store’s selection of coffee mugs, long sleeve T-shirts and sweatshirts. They also have some cute beach-themed ornaments, including Santa Claus with an alligator, a sea turtle and by a palm tree, as well as dolphins, sailboats and more.
Palmetto Dunes Gift Card
Not sure what to get the Hilton Head Island fans in your life? No worries! Just get them a Palmetto Dunes gift card redeemable at point of sale locations around the resort. These include Hilton Head accommodations, golf rounds and lessons, tennis court time and lessons, golf and tennis pro shops, Hilton Head Outfitters, the Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina, Big Jim’s restaurant, the golf grilles and the Dunes House. The cards are now available with free shipping and overnight options … just in case you wait till the last minute.
Come visit our Hilton Head stores this holiday season and choose the perfect gift for the people on your list. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 if you’d like us to ship an item to you. Happy shopping!
Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Once again this fall, Thursdays at Shelter Cove Harbour mean live music, beautiful sunsets and lots of food and drink! The Music on the Harbour concert series, which brought big crowds to the popular shopping and dining village overlooking Broad Creek last fall and earlier this spring, will return in October for four Thursdays.
From 6-9 p.m., October 3, 10, 17 and 24, local bands will take the stage at Shelter Cove. Get out your dancing shoes and dance the night away as the sun sets behind you over Broad Creek. The Headliners will perform October 3 & 17, while Target Band will entertain on October 10 & 24.
While there’s always plenty of dining available at Shelter Cove Harbour when you’re ready for dinner, a new addition this fall is Taste on the Harbour which will run at the same time as the concert series. Shelter Cove restaurants will provide small plates of food by Neptune Statue for a sampling of what they have to offer. There will also be drink specials, including $3 beers, $4 wines and $5 cocktails.
The event is entirely free to attend, though it is weather dependent. Stay tuned to the Palmetto Dunes Facebook page and Twitter account for updates and cancellations. Additionally, no coolers or outside food are allowed at the event.
Here’s a video of last fall’s Music on the Harbour event to give you a sneak peak of the fun you can expect:
See you at Shelter Cove this fall!
Part of the experience of the beach is enjoying outdoor entertainment, either under the South Carolina sun or at nighttime under the stars. Hilton Head Island offers a myriad of ways you can enjoy live shows from kids’ performances to concerts to solo performers. Here’s a list of current schedules to get you started!
The Dunes House
One of our favorite spots on Hilton Head Island is the Dunes House located within our resort. Open only to guests of the resort and property owners, the Dunes House is a big perk of staying with us! Located right on the beach, you can enjoy good food and great ocean views.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the Dunes House has live entertainment from either singer/guitarist Luke Mitchell or the Spanish Guitar Trio. Both are popular favorites and offer varieties of easygoing music that sets the tone for a relaxing evening at the beach. The Dunes House also has Lobster Night on Tuesdays and Snow Crab Night on Fridays. Check out their current calendar here.
Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza
Located conveniently on the Robert Trent Jones Hilton Head golf course within the resort, Big Jim’s is a family-friendly Hilton Head restaurant with a variety of fare from salads and chicken to a range of burgers and plenty of BBQ. Enjoy live music from Luke Mitchell Thursdays from 5-9 p.m.
Shelter Cove Harbour
If you’ve got kids with you, don’t miss the Shannon Tanner Show at HarbourFest Monday-Thursday at Shelter Cove Harbour with shows at 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Family performer Shannon Tanner entertains for his 25th year with kid-friendly tunes, lyrics you’ll never forget and his famous beanie propeller hat! Be sure to get your kids their own hat that Tanner can sign with an inspirational message each year they attend. Come on Tuesday evenings and enjoy fireworks at dusk, weather permitting through mid August.
A new addition to the summer line-up at Shelter Cove for 2013 is Parrot Palooza on Fridays, starting at 7 p.m. Enjoy an island-themed sunset celebration with live entertainment from Shannon Tanner and the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band.
Many of the restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour also offer live music many nights during the summer. Try San Miguel’s, Little Venice or Scott’s Fish Market to get you started. Just follow the music!
Where’s your favorite spot to enjoy live music in Hilton Head? Hopefully, it’s one of the places we mentioned above :-). What song do you love to hear when at the beach?
If you’re a fan of the water, and we’re guessing you are if you’re visiting Hilton Head, then Shelter Cove Marina is a spot not to be missed! From this beautiful marina, located along Broad Creek just off the Intracoastal Waterway, you can enjoy so many of the water sports and activities that Hilton Head has to offer.
Many visitors to Hilton Head come by boat and choose to dock their boats with us in the marina. Our 15.5 acre marina is the largest deep water yacht basin in Hilton Head and offers 170 boat slips for boats up to 135 feet long. We’ve seen many a beautiful yacht pull into the marina!
Shelter Cove Marina also offers a variety of charters, cruises and other activities. Take a Hilton Head fishing charter into the Atlantic to catch sharks, barracuda, kings, grouper, marlin and lots of other deep sea fish. Head out for a day of sailing on the 40-foot Special K, or enjoy a sunset dinner cruise or dolphin cruise to see some of the island’s most famous mammals and best views.
At the marina, you can also rent your own boat, go skiing or tubing in Broad Creek, rent kayaks or canoes to explore the area and more. Another fun activity for families is sport crabbing on the Crabber J. Whoever catches the most crabs by the end of the excursion wins a T-shirt!
Be sure to stop by the Ship’s Store and ask for Shipmaster Dave while you’re visiting. The store carries all sorts of marine gear, as well as stylish apparel for wearing on the water like Columbia shirts, Costa del Mar sunglasses, Guy Harvey and more. You’ll also find snacks, drinks, grocery items and lots of other supplies you might need for a day on the water.
What activity will you choose to do when you visit the marina?
For more information about marina rates or booking a charter or cruise, call us at 866-744-7558.
There are just certain things you MUST do on any vacation and of course, here on Hilton Head Island, we think there are a few items that should be on every visitor’s bucket list. Here is the Palmetto Dunes’ Hilton Head Bucket List for every island vacationer:
1) Get your picture taken at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove Harbour – This iconic statue at Shelter Cove Harbour, just across from the resort, is actually a sundial. But a pic with this guy is a favorite of vacationers, so add it to your list and post it on Facebook (while you’re there, post it on our Facebook, too)!
2) Eat at the Dunes House – Open only to resort guests and property owners, the Dunes House is a perk you can’t pass up. It’s a restaurant and bar situated right on the beach with delicious fish tacos and yummy frozen cocktails.
3) Catch a fish – Head out in our 11-mile inland lagoon with Captain Trent and see if you can catch a “big red” (reddrum or red fish). Kids, try for a flounder!
4) Get a beanie hat and have it signed by Shannon Tanner – If you visit during the summer, head over to HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour Monday-Thursday at 6:30 or 8 p.m. and catch the famous family performer Shannon Tanner. You must hear him sing “Your Hair Had a Party Last Night” and then you have to get your very own beanie hat (like his) and have him sign it with an inspirational message.
5) Eat the cinnamon rolls at the General Store – There’s no better way to start your morning in Hilton Head than with these sweet pastries from the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Ride your bike over and eat up! Just get plenty of napkins…
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – This is one of our most popular water sports that we offer at Hilton Head Outfitters, located inside the resort. Get lessons from our paddleboard instructor or let him take you out on a group tour of our lagoon. You’ll work your abs, burn lots of calories and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
7) Spot a dolphin – Keep your eye out when at the beach for our favorite friendly mammals. You’ll likely see their fins pop up out of the water. They also often swim up into inlets and tidal creeks, which may be a quieter place to find them during the busier months.
8) Try for a hole in one – Head to one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and see if you can hit a hole in one. You may improve your odds with a golf lesson from our super fun director of golf instruction Doug Weaver.
9) Try your hand at tennis – All guests of the resort enjoy two hours of free tennis court time daily with each night’s accommodation, so there’s no reason not to see if you and tennis are a “match.” We also offer tennis clinics and lessons every day, along with private instruction.
10) Take a nighttime beach walk – Grab a flashlight and take a moonlit beach walk. You’ll enjoy seeing another side of Hilton Head by night. Just keep watch for sea turtle nests, mamas or babies and stay out of their way. Light can disorient them so keep flashlights off if you spot them.
What’s on your Hilton Head bucket list? What did we miss? For more information about tennis, golf, accommodations or other activities, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-744-7558.
If there’s one celebration that Hilton Head Island is famous for it’s July 4th at Shelter Cove Harbour! This popular marina does it up in style, presenting the annual summer celebration of HarbourFest now in its 25th year.
Start your day splashing around at the beach at Palmetto Dunes, playing tennis at a world-renowned tennis facility or playing a round of championship golf. Have a leisurely lunch of fish tacos at The Dunes House, open to resort guests and property owners, and then enjoy more fun in the sun before the extra special fireworks show!
Each year, HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour hosts the island’s largest fireworks show over Broad Creek. Starting at dusk, you can watch them light up the night sky over the harbour. Come early for the best viewing and to catch a famous Shannon Tanner performance at the stage!
Grab a seat at one of six waterfront Shelter Cove restaurants like San Miguel’s, the new Sea Lady restaurant or Ela’s Blu Water Grille; visit the stage area and have a view of the fireworks plus the Shannon Tanner show; book a sunset fireworks cruise to watch them from the water; or have dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones Hilton Head golf course where you can see them from the deck. Fireworks are weather dependent, so keep your eye posted to our Facebook page if the weather is questionable.
Prior to the fireworks, Shannon Tanner will take the stage at 6:30 and 8 p.m., playing some of his favorite tunes like “My Hair Had a Party Last Night,” as well as some special patriotic selections. Don your beanie hat and get ready to boogie with Shannon and the entire crowd!
There will also be other family-friendly activities at Shelter Cove Harbour as part of HarbourFest including Cappy the Clown, face painting, bounce houses and arts and crafts.
There is new parking this year for the July 4th celebration. Traffic on Highway 278 will be directed to one of three free and secure parking lots. Free shuttles will run continuously from 4:30-11 p.m. from these lots to Shelter Cove. Guests of the resort can also ride the free Dunes Buggy, which transports guests around Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove Harbour. Bike riding is also encouraged and there is a safe passage under Highway 278 that connects the resort with Shelter Cove.
We hope to see you at our July 4th fireworks celebration! If you need help with Hilton Head accommodations or activities during your stay, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Grab your margarita, your Hawaiian shirt and get ready to eat your cheeseburger in paradise. Shelter Cove Harbour is debuting a new island sunset celebration this summer to give families, visitors and locals alike a new way to enjoy the summer season on Hilton Head Island.
Parrot Palooza will be on Fridays throughout the summer beginning June 21 and running through Aug. 16. Starting at 5 p.m., the festival will kick off at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove with street performers, entertainers, music, food, drinks, Caribbean-style décor and of course, a relaxed state of mind!
At 7 p.m., Shannon Tanner, known for his beloved performances at HarbourFest, now in its 25th year, will take the stage with the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band. They’ll let you dance the night away to island-style music while the sun sets behind them along the harbour.
Amidst the palm trees, parrots and margaritas decorating the area, Shelter Cove restaurants will also get into the spirit with island-themed drinks and other specials.
So if you’re looking for a fun new way to party down on Fridays with the family, look no further than Parrot Palooza. It will definitely be 5 o’clock at Shelter Cove every week at the celebration. Then enjoy all the Harbour has to offer like boutique shops, delicious restaurants, gorgeous views and more.
What do you think about Parrot Palooza? Will you join us? Hope to see you there!