Let us help you with your holiday gift list this year with unique items from stores around Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Whether you’ve got a golfer, a tennis player, an outdoorsman or an ocean-lover on your holiday list, we’ve got the gift for them! Here are some of our top gift picks for 2013:
Golf Pro Shops
The golfer on your list will love this item from our Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop! The new Garmin Approach S4 GPS golf watch ($349.99) is the perfect idea for the golfer who has everything. This stylish, yet lightweight and comfortable watch uses hi-res touch screen technology and comes with a GPS receiver for precise yardage to the front, middle and back of the greens, plus layup and dogleg distances. There’s even a smart notification feature that lets you receive emails, texts and alerts from your iPhone (iPhone 4s and above models). The battery lasts up to 10 hours in GPS golf mode. Now, that’s a watch!
Be sure to use it while playing one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses: the Robert Trent Jones golf course, the Arthur Hills golf course or the George Fazio golf course.
Tennis Pro Shop
At the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop, we can’t resist the cute Spin Winz! It’s a plastic circle that attaches to the end of your racquet to help decide who serves first when the racquet is spun. Instead of the boring “M or W” or “P or D,” your options include “Trophy or Wife,” “Social or Butterfly” and “Diamonds or Pearls” as examples.
For men, we have a variety of logo shirts, great deals on Prince tennis racquets and shoes from Asics, Adidas and K-Swiss. For women, we have Life is Tennis bags in both Tote and Sling styles in a variety of colorful patterns, and LBH tops in sleeveless and long sleeve in a rainbow of colors.
Hilton Head Outfitters
Grab a new Hilton Head hoodie or Hilton Head Outfitters long-sleeve T. These are great for cooler days and to remind you of your last vacation or upcoming vacation to the island. They are available in a variety of colors, including green, pink and blue.
The Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina
Wouldn’t your loved one look great in a new pair of Costas? Or how about a new pair of Sperry Topsiders? The Ship’s Store offers a broad selection of Costa del Mar sunglasses, and when you buy any pair you get a $20 resort gift card (consider that a gift to youself!). The Ship’s Store has the largest selection of Sperry Topsider shoes on the island with more than 50 styles to choose from. They also carry Guy Harvey shirts, Sanuk sandals, Columbia Sportswear and Tervis tumblers.
The Palmetto Dunes General Store
While it would be nice if you could send your loved one a batch of cinnamon rolls freshly baked from the store, that may not be practical J. Instead choose from the General Store’s selection of coffee mugs, long sleeve T-shirts and sweatshirts. They also have some cute beach-themed ornaments, including Santa Claus with an alligator, a sea turtle and by a palm tree, as well as dolphins, sailboats and more.
Palmetto Dunes Gift Card
Not sure what to get the Hilton Head Island fans in your life? No worries! Just get them a Palmetto Dunes gift card redeemable at point of sale locations around the resort. These include Hilton Head accommodations, golf rounds and lessons, tennis court time and lessons, golf and tennis pro shops, Hilton Head Outfitters, the Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina, Big Jim’s restaurant, the golf grilles and the Dunes House. The cards are now available with free shipping and overnight options … just in case you wait till the last minute.
Come visit our Hilton Head stores this holiday season and choose the perfect gift for the people on your list. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 if you’d like us to ship an item to you. Happy shopping!
There are just certain things you MUST do on any vacation and of course, here on Hilton Head Island, we think there are a few items that should be on every visitor’s bucket list. Here is the Palmetto Dunes’ Hilton Head Bucket List for every island vacationer:
1) Get your picture taken at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove Harbour – This iconic statue at Shelter Cove Harbour, just across from the resort, is actually a sundial. But a pic with this guy is a favorite of vacationers, so add it to your list and post it on Facebook (while you’re there, post it on our Facebook, too)!
2) Eat at the Dunes House – Open only to resort guests and property owners, the Dunes House is a perk you can’t pass up. It’s a restaurant and bar situated right on the beach with delicious fish tacos and yummy frozen cocktails.
3) Catch a fish – Head out in our 11-mile inland lagoon with Captain Trent and see if you can catch a “big red” (reddrum or red fish). Kids, try for a flounder!
4) Get a beanie hat and have it signed by Shannon Tanner – If you visit during the summer, head over to HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour Monday-Thursday at 6:30 or 8 p.m. and catch the famous family performer Shannon Tanner. You must hear him sing “Your Hair Had a Party Last Night” and then you have to get your very own beanie hat (like his) and have him sign it with an inspirational message.
5) Eat the cinnamon rolls at the General Store – There’s no better way to start your morning in Hilton Head than with these sweet pastries from the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Ride your bike over and eat up! Just get plenty of napkins…
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – This is one of our most popular water sports that we offer at Hilton Head Outfitters, located inside the resort. Get lessons from our paddleboard instructor or let him take you out on a group tour of our lagoon. You’ll work your abs, burn lots of calories and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
7) Spot a dolphin – Keep your eye out when at the beach for our favorite friendly mammals. You’ll likely see their fins pop up out of the water. They also often swim up into inlets and tidal creeks, which may be a quieter place to find them during the busier months.
8) Try for a hole in one – Head to one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and see if you can hit a hole in one. You may improve your odds with a golf lesson from our super fun director of golf instruction Doug Weaver.
9) Try your hand at tennis – All guests of the resort enjoy two hours of free tennis court time daily with each night’s accommodation, so there’s no reason not to see if you and tennis are a “match.” We also offer tennis clinics and lessons every day, along with private instruction.
10) Take a nighttime beach walk – Grab a flashlight and take a moonlit beach walk. You’ll enjoy seeing another side of Hilton Head by night. Just keep watch for sea turtle nests, mamas or babies and stay out of their way. Light can disorient them so keep flashlights off if you spot them.
What’s on your Hilton Head bucket list? What did we miss? For more information about tennis, golf, accommodations or other activities, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-744-7558.
When you vacation at Palmetto Dunes, you’ll be hard pressed to find yourself bored. But just in case there’s a moment that finds you wondering what to do next, we have 5 great don’t-miss activities that are part of the ultimate Palmetto Dunes experience. Stay tuned for future posts on more top activities at the resort!