Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Part of the experience of the beach is enjoying outdoor entertainment, either under the South Carolina sun or at nighttime under the stars. Hilton Head Island offers a myriad of ways you can enjoy live shows from kids’ performances to concerts to solo performers. Here’s a list of current schedules to get you started!
The Dunes House
One of our favorite spots on Hilton Head Island is the Dunes House located within our resort. Open only to guests of the resort and property owners, the Dunes House is a big perk of staying with us! Located right on the beach, you can enjoy good food and great ocean views.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the Dunes House has live entertainment from either singer/guitarist Luke Mitchell or the Spanish Guitar Trio. Both are popular favorites and offer varieties of easygoing music that sets the tone for a relaxing evening at the beach. The Dunes House also has Lobster Night on Tuesdays and Snow Crab Night on Fridays. Check out their current calendar here.
Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza
Located conveniently on the Robert Trent Jones Hilton Head golf course within the resort, Big Jim’s is a family-friendly Hilton Head restaurant with a variety of fare from salads and chicken to a range of burgers and plenty of BBQ. Enjoy live music from Luke Mitchell Thursdays from 5-9 p.m.
Shelter Cove Harbour
If you’ve got kids with you, don’t miss the Shannon Tanner Show at HarbourFest Monday-Thursday at Shelter Cove Harbour with shows at 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Family performer Shannon Tanner entertains for his 25th year with kid-friendly tunes, lyrics you’ll never forget and his famous beanie propeller hat! Be sure to get your kids their own hat that Tanner can sign with an inspirational message each year they attend. Come on Tuesday evenings and enjoy fireworks at dusk, weather permitting through mid August.
A new addition to the summer line-up at Shelter Cove for 2013 is Parrot Palooza on Fridays, starting at 7 p.m. Enjoy an island-themed sunset celebration with live entertainment from Shannon Tanner and the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band.
Many of the restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour also offer live music many nights during the summer. Try San Miguel’s, Little Venice or Scott’s Fish Market to get you started. Just follow the music!
Where’s your favorite spot to enjoy live music in Hilton Head? Hopefully, it’s one of the places we mentioned above :-). What song do you love to hear when at the beach?