Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
There are just certain things you MUST do on any vacation and of course, here on Hilton Head Island, we think there are a few items that should be on every visitor’s bucket list. Here is the Palmetto Dunes’ Hilton Head Bucket List for every island vacationer:
1) Get your picture taken at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove Harbour – This iconic statue at Shelter Cove Harbour, just across from the resort, is actually a sundial. But a pic with this guy is a favorite of vacationers, so add it to your list and post it on Facebook (while you’re there, post it on our Facebook, too)!
2) Eat at the Dunes House – Open only to resort guests and property owners, the Dunes House is a perk you can’t pass up. It’s a restaurant and bar situated right on the beach with delicious fish tacos and yummy frozen cocktails.
3) Catch a fish – Head out in our 11-mile inland lagoon with Captain Trent and see if you can catch a “big red” (reddrum or red fish). Kids, try for a flounder!
4) Get a beanie hat and have it signed by Shannon Tanner – If you visit during the summer, head over to HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour Monday-Thursday at 6:30 or 8 p.m. and catch the famous family performer Shannon Tanner. You must hear him sing “Your Hair Had a Party Last Night” and then you have to get your very own beanie hat (like his) and have him sign it with an inspirational message.
5) Eat the cinnamon rolls at the General Store – There’s no better way to start your morning in Hilton Head than with these sweet pastries from the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Ride your bike over and eat up! Just get plenty of napkins…
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – This is one of our most popular water sports that we offer at Hilton Head Outfitters, located inside the resort. Get lessons from our paddleboard instructor or let him take you out on a group tour of our lagoon. You’ll work your abs, burn lots of calories and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
7) Spot a dolphin – Keep your eye out when at the beach for our favorite friendly mammals. You’ll likely see their fins pop up out of the water. They also often swim up into inlets and tidal creeks, which may be a quieter place to find them during the busier months.
8) Try for a hole in one – Head to one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and see if you can hit a hole in one. You may improve your odds with a golf lesson from our super fun director of golf instruction Doug Weaver.
9) Try your hand at tennis – All guests of the resort enjoy two hours of free tennis court time daily with each night’s accommodation, so there’s no reason not to see if you and tennis are a “match.” We also offer tennis clinics and lessons every day, along with private instruction.
10) Take a nighttime beach walk – Grab a flashlight and take a moonlit beach walk. You’ll enjoy seeing another side of Hilton Head by night. Just keep watch for sea turtle nests, mamas or babies and stay out of their way. Light can disorient them so keep flashlights off if you spot them.
What’s on your Hilton Head bucket list? What did we miss? For more information about tennis, golf, accommodations or other activities, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-744-7558.