When you visit Hilton Head Island, one thing on your must-do list is ride your bike! The island offers more than 50 miles of paved bike paths, and just within Palmetto Dunes alone there are plenty of places to ride your bike from the beach and the Dunes House open to resort guests to the General Store and Shelter Cove Harbour.
Our very own Hilton Head Outfitters is our resource for all things bike related on the island. They offer Hilton Head bike rentals and bike equipment rentals and can help you navigate the many bike paths within the resort and beyond.
To make it even easier to rent your bikes in Hilton Head, we’ve created a new program that allows you to rent them right from your mobile phone! You can book your bike literally from anywhere whether you’re lying at the beach, playing a round of golf or eating dinner.
There are a variety of options for renting your bike via our mobile program. You can text BIKE to 843-627-0007 to get access to our mobile website; alternately, you can scan a QR code which will be posted on a sign at Hilton Head Outfitters within the resort. Lastly, you can call us at 843-627-0007 or visit the mobile site directly at www.needabike.info. Be sure to bookmark it!
When you arrive at the mobile site, choose the dates you need your bikes and then review your bike choices, which include cruisers, kids’ bikes, fat tire sand bikes, tandems and more. From within the mobile program, you can also rent bike equipment, including helmets, baskets, kiddie carts and tag-a-longs.
Simply make your selections, enter your contact and payment information and your bike will be delivered directly to your Hilton Head vacation villa or home on the date requested and picked up on the date of return.
The mobile program also provides Hilton Head bike route maps that you can access while on your bike of both the island bike trails and lagoon bike trails.
We hope you like our new Need a Bike mobile booking option. Try it and let us know what you think!
Spring Break is on the way much to the relief of many of you experiencing lots of snow and cold temperatures this winter. Put away the snow boots and the scarf and get out your swimsuit and flip flops for a warm, sunny spring break in Hilton Head!
We have lots of great deals for you here at Palmetto Dunes, including special packages for families, great rates on golf and FREE tennis daily if you rent your Hilton Head vacation home through Palmetto Dunes.
Two great deals on accommodations include our Ultimate Family Vacation package, which saves you $1000 off regular rates, and our Sun and Fun Island Escape package, which saves you $700 off regular rates.
The Ultimate Family Package starts at $86/person/night and includes:
Our Sun and Fun Island Escape starts at $261/person per night and includes:
Browse our beautiful Hilton Head vacation villas and homes right here and start dreaming of palm trees, sandy beaches and the smell of the sea air!
We’ve also got some great deals for spring golf in Hilton Head hereat Palmetto Dunes. Our tee times start at $67 per round when you book at least three rounds of golf (who can argue with MORE golf ;-)?) We’ve also got a Buddies Golf Deal at $299 per golfer when you book a group of 12 or more. It includes a three-night stay, unlimited golf, free range balls and an onsite group coordinator. Golf Digest magazine just ranked Hilton Head No. 9 as a Best Buddies Getaway!
Golfers will also love our Stay and Play package that gives you unlimited golf and three nights of accommodations for $445 per golfer, all inclusive. Get a customized quote for your golf trip here.
When you spend spring break in Hilton Head at Palmetto Dunes, you get your choice of the most activities on the island! Bike the miles of paved paths on Hilton Head (Tip: secure your Hilton Head bike rentals early), take a dolphin or sunset boat cruise, kayak our 11-mile inland lagoon, try stand up paddle boarding, let the kids learn tennis at our Junior Tennis Programs or golf at the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy Junior clinics and classes, and so much more!
Be sure to check out our calendar of events to see everything that’s happening during your visit. And in case we haven’t convinced you yet, here’s a quick video to show you just how much fun we have here at Palmetto Dunes:
Come on and join the fun! Call us at 866-744-7558 to get started planning your Palmetto Dunes vacation today. See you this Spring Break!
With the holidays complete and much of the country engulfed in winter weather galore, many people are starting to plan their spring or summer South Carolina beach vacation. This is a good thing :)! When you book early, you get the worm!
We’ve got 5 reasons why you should book your beach vacation early to make sure you get the most out of your Hilton Head trip:
1) Savings! The first ( and best!) reason to book early is because you will save money. Who could argue with that?! Right now, Palmetto Dunes is offering 20% off Hilton Head vacation homes or villas plus FREE bikes for stays through 3/15/13. If you’re coming in summer, get 10% off all Hilton Head vacation rentals for stays 3/15-9/1/13, as well as free tennis! When you book your Hilton Head golf tee time in advance, you can save up to HALF off our regular resort rate. Those savings won’t last forever!
2) Take your pick – When you plan ahead of time, you get YOUR pick of Hilton Head vacation homes and Hilton Head golf tee times, as well as for activities such as dolphin cruises, charters, golf and tennis lessons and more.
3) Confirm your reservations – During our peak periods like spring break and the summer months, we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals and our most popular tee times and cruise times. By booking now, you can ensure you’ve got all the activities confirmed that your family would like to do ideally at the times you want to do them.
4) Time to plan – Want to take a day trip to Daufuskie Island or down to Savannah, planning to meet your friends from across the country for dinner, not sure whether to drive or fly? Planning now lets you take your time working out all the fine details, lets you research the most cost-saving options and ensures you’ve thoroughly looked into all the options and picked the right ones for your group.
5) Time to dream! – Of course, a big benefit of booking early is plenty of time to dream about your Hilton Head vacation. Snow piling outside the window? No worries! You’ll be in Hilton Head this spring or summer and it will all melt away. If winter’s really got you down, take a look at our webcams to give you a little pep in your step. Your vacation will be here before you know it!
Can we help you plan your spring or summer Hilton Head vacation? Call us today at 866-744-7558 and we’ll make sure you start the planning process early, get the best Hilton Head vacation villa for your needs, reserve plenty of bikes and get in all the activities your family wants to do at the time you want to do them. See you soon!
It’s New Year’s so we’re guessing you’ve probably made a few new year’s resolutions for 2013. Health is always at the top of the resolution list so we wanted to encourage you to come on down to Hilton Head and get healthy with a beautiful view!
Here are 5 healthy activities you can do at Palmetto Dunes to support those new year’s resolutions so they don’t get left in the dust:
1) Walk the golf course – We offer three beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, each unique and challenging in its own way. When you play one of our courses, instead of opting for the cart, why not walk the course? You’ll burn some extra calories, do your heart some good and more thoroughly enjoy your beautiful surroundings. It might even give you some more quality time with your golfing buddies!
2) Bike the resort – There are many paved paths throughout Palmetto Dunes, and the streets within the resort are also bike friendly. Everyone knows a good bike ride is a great workout, plus you’re more apt to forget you’re exercising as you take in the lovely views at every turn. Instead of driving to Shelter Cove Harbour to shop or dine, why not hop on a bike using our special passageway that lets you avoid crossing Highway 278? We offer Hilton Head bike rentals at Hilton Head Outfitters for everyone in the family.
3) Try a Zike Bike! Sure, biking is great on its own, but using this unique bike, you’ll get even more of a workout. The Zike Bike is designed as a cross between a bike and an elliptical machine. You use the elliptical movement to power the bike and work your body even harder. Visit Hilton Head Outfitters to try one or rent one on your Hilton Head vacation.
4) Fall in “love” with tennis – When you book a Hilton Head vacation home or Hilton Head vacation villa with Palmetto Dunes, you get two free hours of tennis daily. Be sure to take advantage of that court time to get in a great tennis workout. If you’d like a little more structure, head over to our Hilton Head tennis academy for a variety of lessons, clinics and even a Cardio Tennis class.
5) Paddleboard our lagoon – Pick a sunny winter afternoon and head out on our 11-mile inland lagoon to try the fastest growing watersport, paddleboarding. When paddleboarding, you stand on a board similar to a surf board and use a paddle to navigate your way through the lagoon. The balance and core work required is like no other! Expect washboard abs if you do this sport regularly :).
What’s your favorite way to be healthy at Palmetto Dunes? Please share with us your new year’s resolutions and we’ll suggest some ways we can support them here at the beach. If we can help you plan activities or a vacation to our beautiful resort, please give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy New Year’s!
So, you decided over the holidays to get your extended family together again in 2013 for a warm weather vacation? Why not come to Hilton Head and Palmetto Dunes and keep everyone busy with our multitude of activities from golf and tennis to biking and kayaking?! Not to mention three miles of peaceful, private beachfront! We’ve got the perfect spot for you to stay with us: 193 Mooring Buoy.
Go ahead, close your eyes, now picture a gorgeous southern home with a grand staircase leading up to the door, a bright blue pool in back overlooking our 11-mile inland lagoon, a lovely deck with pool view, a cook’s kitchen and five beautifully decorated bedrooms. Can you see it?! Enjoy all of that plus the perks of staying with us on your next Hilton Head vacation! Plus, for a limited time you can rent this home at a discounted rate for spring or summer season! This lovely home gives you plenty of space to spread out and enjoy your family without being on top of one another. The living room, dining room and kitchen all offer views of the pool and lagoon, so it’s unlikely you’ll be inside very much with the outdoors beckoning.
If someone in your family loves to cook, they’ll enjoy the expansive kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances. The dining room seats six with room for four more in the breakfast nook.
There are two master suites, perfect for the parents and grandparents, or two sets of parents traveling together. Both offer king beds, sitting areas and flat screen TVs. One even offers a shower with six showerheads for scrubbing the sand off all the kids at once!
There are three other bedrooms, two of which have twin beds and one with a queen bed. Another bonus den has a queen sleeper sofa and private bath.
Sound good? You also get two hours of FREE tennis daily when you book this Hilton Head vacation home and the best rates on all Palmetto Dunes activities like Hilton Head bike rentals, golf and kayaking in the lagoon right behind your home!
Book 193 Mooring Buoy today by calling 866-744-7558 , get your family vacation planned in advance and save some $$!
Here in Hilton Head where most days the skies are blue and the weather is mild, there is plenty to do to keep active during the winter months. Here are our top 10 winter activities on Hilton Head Island:
1) Polish your golf game – Our Hilton Head golf academy offers a variety of classes for golfers all winter long. Learn to play more carefree like Bubba Watson, improve your mental golf game or enjoy daily 50-minute clinics on different skills. See our winter golf academy schedule. Or just head out for a round with some pals. Winter is a great time to play golf in Hilton Head, as the crowds of summer are long gone, making for better pace of play, and temperatures are mild.
2) Ride a bike! – With some 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island, there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the beauty of our island. Hilton Head Outfitters offers Hilton Head bike rentals for every member of your family, including cruisers, kiddie carts, tag-a-longs and child seats.
3) Get in a cardio workout by playing tennis – Tennis gets the blood pumping for sure and the milder weather makes for more comfortable outdoor play. Try a Hilton Head tennis lesson from our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or take it up a notch with our Cardio Tennis class offered during the winter months on holidays.
4) Shop! – There are plenty of unique boutiques and stores on Hilton Head to make sure you head home with a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your Hilton Head vacation. Try Shelter Cove Harbour waterfront shops or shop our Hilton Head golf pro shops and tennis pro shop for some great finds.
5) Kayak or canoe the lagoon – Plan to rent a kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters and head out mid afternoon, when the weather should be at its warmest. Enjoy a peaceful tour of our 11-mile inland lagoon system, take in the wildlife and see Palmetto Dunes in an entirely new way.
6) Take a walk on the beach and look for shells – With fewer people visiting Hilton Head in the winter, you’ll enjoy a quiet stroll and have a better chance of finding some great shells. Keep your eye out for dolphins in the surf and see what kind of treasures have washed ashore. Here are more tips on beachcombing in Hilton Head.
7) Catch a redfish! – Fall and winter are some of the best times to catch a “big red” and our team of fishermen can help you do it. Whether you take an offshore or inshore Hilton Head fishing charter, learn to fish from the pros and see if you can earn bragging rights to a trophy red.
8) Eat oysters – Here in the south, we say that months ending in “r” are the best ones to eat oysters, so before December winds down, take this last opportunity! There’s a fine art to eating an oyster (or you can just slurp it down, of course J) whether you enjoy it with a touch of lemon, hot sauce or just plain!
9) Go birdwatching – The birds are out in winter, and in fact, during Hilton Head’s last Christmas bird count they totaled up more species than ever before! Grab some binoculars and head out on a kayak in the lagoon or a Hilton Head boat tour to Daufuskie Island or Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great birdwatching. More Hilton Head birdwatching tips in the Hilton Head Outfitters blog.
10) Do nothing! After you’ve done our top 9, why not relax, unwind and do nothing :)? Kick back in your Hilton Head vacation rental from Palmetto Dunes and enjoy an ocean or palm tree view. Grab a good book, a cup of coffee and rest. Ahhh….
Palmetto Dunes offers plenty of packages to help you work in all of these things from our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership to our Spa Packages to Hilton Head tennis packages and Hilton Head golf packages. If we can answer any questions or book you a stay or tee time, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Go ahead, start dreaming of your Hilton Head vacation and imagine it right here: in 8 Flagg, a lovely four bedroom home with a pool and upscale furnishings that can sleep up to 10 people for your South Carolina getaway.
Just a five-minute walk from the beach, you can spend your vacation poolside, seaside or enjoying all the amenities our South Carolina beach resort has to offer, like golf, tennis and Hilton Head bike rentals.
Picture family gatherings in the large living room with leather sofa and one of five flat screen TVs. Everyone can head to the dining room, with seating for eight, for breakfast before heading out for a walk on the beach or lunch or dinner overlooking the pool. Feel free to crank up the gas grill for steaks, hot dogs and burgers for a dinner “in” one night.
There’s plenty of room for a large family or two smaller families with a master bedroom downstairs that comes with a king-size Sleep Number bed and private bath. On the second level, you’ll find two bedrooms, each with queen beds and private baths. There’s also a third level bonus room with another two twin beds, private bath and twin roll-away should you need it.
The two-car garage can house your vehicles, and the Hilton Head vacation home also comes with complimentary Internet access.
Anytime you book your vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you also get two hours of complimentary tennis daily, along with the best rates on all the resort’s activities. Feel free to take in a round or two of golf, try kayaking in our peaceful lagoon or rent bikes to enjoy the more than 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island.
What do you think? Could you spend your beach vacation here? Call us today at (866) 744-7558 to get this beautiful Hilton Head vacation rental on your schedule or book online. It currently has availability throughout December 2012 and January 2013, and we offer both short-term or long-term stay options to fit your schedule.
Great view? Check. Convenient? Check. Plenty of room for a party of six to kick back and relax? Check!
If you’re in the market for a Hilton Head vacation rental, consider 4405 Windsor Court, a beautiful two-bedroom, two-bath villa with a spectacular ocean view and easy access to everything Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort has to offer!
Large windows allow plenty of light into this adorable oceanfront Hilton Head condo, which features an open floor plan and a great living space with plenty of comfy seating. Fancy a gourmet meal? Whip up something special in the fully-equipped, convenient kitchen. A party of four can dine comfortably around the dining room table and additional seating is available at the counter bar overlooking the kitchen.
The master bedroom has a king size bed, and the master bath features lots of counter space, two sinks, a jetted tub and a shower. The second bedroom features two twin beds and a private balcony. The large sectional in the living room also is a pullout sleeper that accommodates two.
Fall is incredible on Hilton Head, so take advantage of your private balcony to enjoy the sunrise or an afternoon cocktail. The balcony overlooks the pool and lagoon and offers an incredible view of the Atlantic Ocean 24/7.
The villa complex offers beach access, a pool and a playground. The villa itself includes cable TV, DVD player, flat screen TV, Internet access, keyless entry and a washer and dryer, as well as free tennis!
The villa is conveniently located to all of the activities and amenities at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Enjoy tennis, golf, boating, bike rentals and more. Click here for more information about this villa, including a photo gallery, as well as to check availability.
If you book your Hilton Head vacation home through Palmetto Dunes, you not only get a great place to stay but two hours of free Hilton Head tennis daily at our tennis center and all the best rates on activities at the resort. You can always call one of our Vacation Planners if you have more information or would like to book over the phone. Just give us a call at (866) 744-7558.