Come December, January and February we see a lot of our friends from up north visit the island for a week, for a month or even for several months. We welcome them with open arms to give them the opportunity to soak up the warmth of a southern winter and enjoy the many fun and varied activities we have at the resort.
Here are the top 6 things we think Canadians and Northerners love most about Palmetto Dunes:
1) The Obvious: It’s Warmer - Here on Hilton Head Island, the average winter high temperatures stay in the 60’s, giving Canadians a break from the freezing temperatures and a chance to get outdoors and work off some of that northern chill on the golf course or biking. See average highs by month at Palmetto Dunes.
2) It’s Active – There’s no sitting around lounging in your Hilton Head vacation home here at Palmetto Dunes… unless that’s all you want to do. We give you plenty of options to keep you busy from two hours of free tennis court time with each night’s stay to three championship Hilton Head golf courses to choose from to Hilton Head bike rentals, kayaking and fishing. There’s no reason to ever use the word “bored” at Palmetto Dunes!
3) It’s Green – It’s so nice to see green when you’ve been staring at snow white for several weeks. Our golf courses offer rolling greens, and you can enjoy an exceptional pace of play during the off season to boot. Enjoy the palmetto trees (the Sabal palmetto is the South Carolina state tree) standing stately in the sun and on warmer days, see a variety of wildlife coming out to catch some rays.
4) It’s Fun – Canadians -- and all guests – will no doubt find themselves grinning as they stroll the beach, beat par and reel in a big red here at the resort. We offer so much to do and it’s all smile-inducing!
5) It’s on the Ocean – Who doesn’t love to listen to the waves crash, feel their toes in the sand and take a calming beach walk? There’s just something about coming to the ocean that melts all the stress (and snow!) away – anytime of year.
6) It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – In addition to all the great things we mentioned above, it really is the most wonderful time of year and what better way to spend the holidays than at Palmetto Dunes! We offer a variety of packages to cater to anyone visiting with us, including our Monthly Stay and Sports Membership, Winter Escape Special, monthly golf and tennis memberships, bike rentals and more.
Are you ready to escape the snow and frigid cold? Come visit us this winter and get out of the big chill! Our temperatures, friendly faces and unlimited activities will warm you up in no time. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to book your Hilton Head vacation today.
What does Palmetto Dunes have that other resorts don’t? Three miles of sandy Hilton Head Island beach on the Atlantic Ocean and great weather that lets you take advantage of it nearly year round. We also give you plenty of ways to enjoy the beach, whether it’s views from your Hilton Head vacation home or rental, dining options on the beach or activities from biking to surfing to keep you busy throughout your Hilton Head getaway.
There are plenty of access points to reach the beach, either from the residential areas as you pedal around or from our resort facilities. One of our favorite ways to enjoy—and access--the beach is the Dunes House, which is centrally located Palmetto Dunes and open to guests of the resort. In addition to casual food and drinks with one of the best dining views on the island, you’ll also find restrooms and limited parking. We suggest you call the Dunes Buggy for a free ride to the Dunes House!
Biking is also another great way to enjoy the beach at Palmetto Dunes. Get some exercise and enjoy beautiful views of the ocean at the same time. Try going for a ride at sunrise or sunset for a particularly inspiring experience. If you don’t want to lug your bikes with you down to Hilton Head, you can rent them from Hilton Head Outfitters within the resort. They’ll have them delivered direct to your home and villa so they’re ready to ride as soon as you arrive. Hilton Head Outfitters offers a range of bikes and options, and we’d suggest trying their fat tire bikes which are designed for easier beach riding.
At Palmetto Dunes, you can also surf and fish at the beach. We offer surfing classes at our Hilton Head Surf School and surf board rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters. We also have everything a fisherman needs for a great day of fishing. Rent your rod and reel online and head into the Outfitters store just inside the resort to pick up bait or anything else you might need before you head out.
Or go for a more relaxed approach. Kick back, enjoy the sounds of the ocean and send the kids out to build a sand castle, but keeping a close eye on them, of course. Check out a few tips for a safe trip to the beach. Beach games are also lots of fun and we have some great beach game suggestions to keep the whole family entertained.
Whether you’d rather dash into the waves, laze in the sand or cruise along the shore on a beach bike, when it comes to the beach at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort we think it’s pretty much perfect.
So you’ve set the date, picked the location and asked your friends to be in your wedding party but you just can’t ask the boss for an extra week off for your honeymoon quite yet.
The honeymoon is the icing on your wedded bliss cake but for many it’s extremely challenging to plan more time off after the wedding planning week amidst work or school schedules. That’s why we’ve created the Mini Moon Package.
This mini vacation after your nuptials will give you the much needed breather you need but will allow you to go back to work or school without taking too many extra PTO days! This package is also ideal for those looking for a long weekend getaway to rekindle the flames for Valentine’s Day with all the spa, food and romance you could want.
The Mini Moon package includes:
Be bold and follow in the footsteps of William and Kate and Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (except try to stay married longer than 72 days) and try our new Mini Moon. Call us at 866-744-7558 for more information and make sure to visit us at www.palmettodunes.com .