Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.
So you’ve set the date, picked the location and asked your friends to be in your wedding party but you just can’t ask the boss for an extra week off for your honeymoon quite yet.
The honeymoon is the icing on your wedded bliss cake but for many it’s extremely challenging to plan more time off after the wedding planning week amidst work or school schedules. That’s why we’ve created the Mini Moon Package.
This mini vacation after your nuptials will give you the much needed breather you need but will allow you to go back to work or school without taking too many extra PTO days! This package is also ideal for those looking for a long weekend getaway to rekindle the flames for Valentine’s Day with all the spa, food and romance you could want.
The Mini Moon package includes:
Be bold and follow in the footsteps of William and Kate and Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (except try to stay married longer than 72 days) and try our new Mini Moon. Call us at 866-744-7558 for more information and make sure to visit us at www.palmettodunes.com .
Palmetto Dunes recognizes the importance of incorporating what's important to you on your special day. They take the time to talk through all the details and really get to know what will make your day just right. For example, Nicole Guy suggested a raw bar during the cocktail hour, which was a hit with our family and friends. We planned to spend the day helping set up for the event, but upon our arrival Nicole sent us on our way as she was taking care of it for us. She even offered to help me adjust my wedding dress just before the walk down the beach. Thank goodness for Palmetto Dunes and Nicole!
I contacted Nicole at Palmetto Dunes Catering and Events seeking to plan a destination beach wedding at the Dunes House that would be simple and care free. Our goal was to never lose the true reason of why we were planning this event and desired to seek minimal input from family and friends as to how we coordinated our special day. Nicole and I managed to pull off an amazing and breathtaking wedding for me and my fiance from afar in less than 4 months and in budget! When I say care free I was not exaggerating either. My fiance and I managed to incorporate a 60-person wedding during the week his family had planned to simply visit Hilton Head Island for a week's worth of vacation. With Nicole's help we managed to surprise my fiance's family of 33 the week of with a wedding they have yet to forget and also get the 30 friends and family from my side down to HHI at the same time. We can't say enough about how Nicole and her staff managed for us additional accommodation, vendor recommendations, the catering, and small decorating touches that made this wedding many of our friends favorite wedding to date.
On October 31st, 2009 (yes, Halloween) my husband and I got married at the Dunes House in Palmetto Dunes. We live near Charlotte, NC, so naturally I was a little concerned when we decided to plan a destination wedding. We had been to Hilton Head together many times, but never thought about planning a wedding, vendors to use, etc. Fortunately, Palmetto Dunes (specifically Ann and Nicole) were there to help! They made the process seamless and easy! We rented a beautiful house with some close friends, played golf at the fabulous Robert Trent Jones course and, most importantly, got to share our special weekend with the ones we love in Hilton Head. We had PERFECT weather (a warm 80 degrees in October, not a cloud in the sky and a slight breeze). Overall, I can honestly say Palmetto Dunes gave my husband and I our dream wedding on the beach! We couldn't have been happier and can't wait to come back to visit the place where we started our lives together!