It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, it’s just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home – Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities – Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by booking Hilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
With the holidays complete and much of the country engulfed in winter weather galore, many people are starting to plan their spring or summer South Carolina beach vacation. This is a good thing :)! When you book early, you get the worm!
We’ve got 5 reasons why you should book your beach vacation early to make sure you get the most out of your Hilton Head trip:
1) Savings! The first ( and best!) reason to book early is because you will save money. Who could argue with that?! Right now, Palmetto Dunes is offering 20% off Hilton Head vacation homes or villas plus FREE bikes for stays through 3/15/13. If you’re coming in summer, get 10% off all Hilton Head vacation rentals for stays 3/15-9/1/13, as well as free tennis! When you book your Hilton Head golf tee time in advance, you can save up to HALF off our regular resort rate. Those savings won’t last forever!
2) Take your pick – When you plan ahead of time, you get YOUR pick of Hilton Head vacation homes and Hilton Head golf tee times, as well as for activities such as dolphin cruises, charters, golf and tennis lessons and more.
3) Confirm your reservations – During our peak periods like spring break and the summer months, we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals and our most popular tee times and cruise times. By booking now, you can ensure you’ve got all the activities confirmed that your family would like to do ideally at the times you want to do them.
4) Time to plan – Want to take a day trip to Daufuskie Island or down to Savannah, planning to meet your friends from across the country for dinner, not sure whether to drive or fly? Planning now lets you take your time working out all the fine details, lets you research the most cost-saving options and ensures you’ve thoroughly looked into all the options and picked the right ones for your group.
5) Time to dream! – Of course, a big benefit of booking early is plenty of time to dream about your Hilton Head vacation. Snow piling outside the window? No worries! You’ll be in Hilton Head this spring or summer and it will all melt away. If winter’s really got you down, take a look at our webcams to give you a little pep in your step. Your vacation will be here before you know it!
Can we help you plan your spring or summer Hilton Head vacation? Call us today at 866-744-7558 and we’ll make sure you start the planning process early, get the best Hilton Head vacation villa for your needs, reserve plenty of bikes and get in all the activities your family wants to do at the time you want to do them. See you soon!
How cool would it be to tell friends and family you learned to surf while on your summer Hilton Head vacation? Maybe even throw around a little lingo, “The waves were waist to head high and glassy.”
The experts at Hilton Head Outfitters at Palmetto Dunes will teach you everything you need to know during a week-long Surf School, from how to paddle and pop-up, to picking the right wave and finding your balance while riding a frothy white wave into shore.
With an emphasis on safety and the basic fundamentals, Hilton Head Outfitters’ surf school is held throughout the summer. The Hilton Head surfing school specializes in teaching kids to surf, but the camp is open to all ages. Entire families have even signed up!
Each day, you’ll spend one and a half hours on the beach in a small group session ($80 p/p). You also can choose from a private lesson for one-on-one instruction ($125 p/p). The staff will help you choose between 7-foot and 9-foot soft-top boards, which are better for learning than a hard fiber glass board.
While on the sand, instructors like Captain Logan will help you learn the basics of paddling out and popping up on the board. They’ll show you the perfect positioning for your feet and work on your balance.
When you’re ready to hit the waves, rest assured, the camp is held in shallow water, which is perfect for youngsters. Wipeouts are totally part of the experience, but when you get in the zone and ride in that first wave, it will be an experience you’ll never forget … and a story you’ll probably tell for ages. Recent surf campers have even been doing headstands on paddleboards and riding tandem together!
Registration is required, but you just need to call (866) 650-4132 to reserve your spots. Need a little more information and inspiration? Watch this fun video below about the camp. You’ll be ready to hang 10 for sure!
The people of Hilton Head have worked hard to preserve the beautiful beaches and landscape and it’s apparent in the amount of wildlife that inhabit our Island. From the ocean to the lagoon to the marsh, there are amazing creatures that love Hilton Head as much as we do! Let us give you a sneak peek into some of the wildlife you could come across on your next vacation.
When you get off your plane or out of your car, look to the sky and you’re sure to see birds everywhere. From seagulls to the beautiful ibis, Hilton Head is full of winged friends. Shelter Cove Harbour and other piers will have brown pelicans waiting to glide above the water looking for a small fish dinner. While sun tanning or playing on the beach, you’re likely to see large birds like ospreys or even bald eagles.
Spot a Gator, But Leave Him Alone
One of the beset known reptiles on Hilton Head is the alligator. They mainly live within lagoon systems so we’ve seen quite a few here at Palmetto Dunes, but if you leave them alone, they won’t bother you. You might even see one lazing in the sun off the side of one of our golf courses.
A Rainbow of Fish
The lagoon is also full of large, beautiful fish, such as red fish, trout, bluefish, black drum, flounder and even tarpon. The smooth, calm waters of the lagoon system make fishing and crabbing excursions fun and successful at the same time.
The Friendly Dolphin
Head into the big water on one of our dolphin cruises to catch a glimpse of their majestic beauty. Many of our dolphins are very people friendly and may swim alongside the boat or come up to the boat for a bite to eat. We’ve even heard tales of dolphins coming right up to people in our marsh creeks. You could swim with dolphins without even planning it! But always remember, they are wild animals.
Turtles and More
During the spring and early summer, if you walk the beach at night you might see a loggerhead momma turtle waddling up to the dunes creating a nest for her babies. Hilton Head has laws to protect the little guys and to make sure they have a safe hatching season and can make it to the ocean.
There are plenty more animals on the Island, like deer, frogs, toads and plenty of crustaceans. So the next time you’re here, take a minute to look around you and enjoy all the wildlife surrounding you on our beautiful island.
From the golf course to where to eat and drink we’ve compiled tips and information from the staff at Palmetto Dunes to help you get the most out of your visit to our resort.
If you’ve never stayed with us before, feel free to ask us any questions you have by emailing email@example.com or you can “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and we’ll answer your questions there.
Do you have a great tip for visiting Palmetto Dunes?
It might be freezing outside and you’re thinking more about wearing scarves than swimsuits but this Christmas why not get the family a present that will warm everyone’s heart? A trip to Hilton Head Island!
Here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort you can find the perfect home or villa located near the ocean, golf course or lagoon depending on how your loved ones want to spend their vacation.
2118 Windsor Place has an oceanfront view and plenty of space for your whole family. The large open balcony is a great place to drink your coffee in the morning or wind down at night to the sound of tbhe ocean breeze. Enjoy views of the ocean from your private balcony overlooking an oceanfront pool with a spa, barbecue area and children's pool.
We know that many families love to gather in the kitchen and this unit has a spacious kitchen that’s open to the living and dining room. Another great feature is that all four bedrooms have their own private bathroom, making it easy for everyone to clean up and get ready after a day in the sand. The Arthur Hills golf course is a short walk away for all the golfers in the family, and you can enjoy two hours of free tennis court time each day you stay with us!
So call us now at 866-744-7558 and get the whole family a gift they will truly enjoy. Also, when you book early, you’re eligible for some really amazing deals!
The weather is starting to cool down which means it’s a great time to get a group of friends or bring your loved one on a golf getaway here at Palmetto Dunes. There’s no better time to play golf than in the fall here in South Carolina. We have tons of beautiful Hilton Head rental homes and villas that overlook one of our three award winning golf courses but 951 Inverness is a must-see villa!
Remodeled in 2009 and situated on the 12th hole of the George Fazio course, this three-bedroom, three- bath villa is perfect for a group or a family. After a morning on the fairways you can cool off in the community pool that’s only a short walk from your villa or chill out by watching TV on the flat screen in the living room!
Make sure to take advantage of our other activities, such as the two hours of free tennis court time and discounted bike rentals, that you receive when you book your villa through Palmetto Dunes. Another great bonus of renting with Palmetto Dunes is that you can enjoy lunch, dinner or mid-afternoon cocktails at The Dunes House!
951 Inverness is ready to make your fall golf outing perfect, so check out its availability, gather up your gang of guys or group of gals and call us at 866.380.1778. Fore!
If your kids are looking to try something new and exciting this summer then head down to Hilton Head Outfitters and sign up for our surf camp! The classes are 90 minutes long and available for all ages. Captain Byron Sewell gives private attention to all attendees and brings his radical experience to the class!
Captain Byron was born on Hilton Head Island and has been a competitive surfer for 12 years. He has 5 State Championship titles and has even won an East Coast Championship. When he’s not in Hilton Head helping your child catch a wave, you can find him either in Hawaii or in Costa Rica from November through May running a surfing adventure guide.
Every class starts with a 10-minute yoga stretch to get everyone loose and in the right frame of mind. All classes are full of laughter and he ends each session with a watermelon seed spitting contest! So get your children out there for fun in the surf so they can tell everyone they’ve been surfing in Hilton Head. Cowabunga dudes!
There are lots of great activities to do on the beach from swimming and building sand castles to jogging and surfing, but a great way to get in some family bonding time is to turn the beach into a game board!