Here in Hilton Head where most days the skies are blue and the weather is mild, there is plenty to do to keep active during the winter months. Here are our top 10 winter activities on Hilton Head Island:
1) Polish your golf game – Our Hilton Head golf academy offers a variety of classes for golfers all winter long. Learn to play more carefree like Bubba Watson, improve your mental golf game or enjoy daily 50-minute clinics on different skills. See our winter golf academy schedule. Or just head out for a round with some pals. Winter is a great time to play golf in Hilton Head, as the crowds of summer are long gone, making for better pace of play, and temperatures are mild.
2) Ride a bike! – With some 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island, there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the beauty of our island. Hilton Head Outfitters offers Hilton Head bike rentals for every member of your family, including cruisers, kiddie carts, tag-a-longs and child seats.
3) Get in a cardio workout by playing tennis – Tennis gets the blood pumping for sure and the milder weather makes for more comfortable outdoor play. Try a Hilton Head tennis lesson from our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or take it up a notch with our Cardio Tennis class offered during the winter months on holidays.
4) Shop! – There are plenty of unique boutiques and stores on Hilton Head to make sure you head home with a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your Hilton Head vacation. Try Shelter Cove Harbour waterfront shops or shop our Hilton Head golf pro shops and tennis pro shop for some great finds.
5) Kayak or canoe the lagoon – Plan to rent a kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters and head out mid afternoon, when the weather should be at its warmest. Enjoy a peaceful tour of our 11-mile inland lagoon system, take in the wildlife and see Palmetto Dunes in an entirely new way.
6) Take a walk on the beach and look for shells – With fewer people visiting Hilton Head in the winter, you’ll enjoy a quiet stroll and have a better chance of finding some great shells. Keep your eye out for dolphins in the surf and see what kind of treasures have washed ashore. Here are more tips on beachcombing in Hilton Head.
7) Catch a redfish! – Fall and winter are some of the best times to catch a “big red” and our team of fishermen can help you do it. Whether you take an offshore or inshore Hilton Head fishing charter, learn to fish from the pros and see if you can earn bragging rights to a trophy red.
8) Eat oysters – Here in the south, we say that months ending in “r” are the best ones to eat oysters, so before December winds down, take this last opportunity! There’s a fine art to eating an oyster (or you can just slurp it down, of course J) whether you enjoy it with a touch of lemon, hot sauce or just plain!
9) Go birdwatching – The birds are out in winter, and in fact, during Hilton Head’s last Christmas bird count they totaled up more species than ever before! Grab some binoculars and head out on a kayak in the lagoon or a Hilton Head boat tour to Daufuskie Island or Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great birdwatching. More Hilton Head birdwatching tips in the Hilton Head Outfitters blog.
10) Do nothing! After you’ve done our top 9, why not relax, unwind and do nothing :)? Kick back in your Hilton Head vacation rental from Palmetto Dunes and enjoy an ocean or palm tree view. Grab a good book, a cup of coffee and rest. Ahhh….
Palmetto Dunes offers plenty of packages to help you work in all of these things from our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership to our Spa Packages to Hilton Head tennis packages and Hilton Head golf packages. If we can answer any questions or book you a stay or tee time, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
From the golf course to where to eat and drink we’ve compiled tips and information from the staff at Palmetto Dunes to help you get the most out of your visit to our resort.
If you’ve never stayed with us before, feel free to ask us any questions you have by emailing email@example.com or you can “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and we’ll answer your questions there.
Do you have a great tip for visiting Palmetto Dunes?
We know that many of you are experiencing chilling temperatures, snowy skies and icy roads. While we can’t make it summer any earlier and we can’t raise the temperatures to the lovely mild days we’re experiencing here on Hilton Head, we can give you live updates and visuals of the beach every day! We have two webcams set up on the resort, one at The Dunes House and the other at The Robert Trent Jones Golf Course.
If you’re in need of a little golf action on a cold day, check out the webcam at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course. This beautiful course was renovated in 2002 to reshape fairways, trees, greens and bunkers. We were also able to improve the natural draining of the course by linking it to our 11-mile lagoon system. The Jones Course has 11 holes that run by the lagoon and 10th hole has a spectacular view of the ocean! This webcam is sure to make you want to pack up your clubs and head down to Hilton Head.
If you’ve had a rough week and need a minute of rest and relaxation from work, then check out The Dunes House webcam. The Dunes House is known for their awesome fish tacos and amazing view of the ocean. This webcam is situated in the perfect place to give you a view of guests enjoying lunch and watching the waves rolling in! If you’re a romantic, check this webcam on the weekends for a chance to see a wedding happening live on the beach!
We want to bring you a little piece of Hilton Head and all that Palmetto Dunes has to offer whenever you want it by maintaining these webcams. The best part is the next time you’re here you can tell your family or friends to tune in to see what a great time you’re having on vacation!
It might be freezing outside and you’re thinking more about wearing scarves than swimsuits but this Christmas why not get the family a present that will warm everyone’s heart? A trip to Hilton Head Island!
Here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort you can find the perfect home or villa located near the ocean, golf course or lagoon depending on how your loved ones want to spend their vacation.
2118 Windsor Place has an oceanfront view and plenty of space for your whole family. The large open balcony is a great place to drink your coffee in the morning or wind down at night to the sound of tbhe ocean breeze. Enjoy views of the ocean from your private balcony overlooking an oceanfront pool with a spa, barbecue area and children's pool.
We know that many families love to gather in the kitchen and this unit has a spacious kitchen that’s open to the living and dining room. Another great feature is that all four bedrooms have their own private bathroom, making it easy for everyone to clean up and get ready after a day in the sand. The Arthur Hills golf course is a short walk away for all the golfers in the family, and you can enjoy two hours of free tennis court time each day you stay with us!
So call us now at 866-744-7558 and get the whole family a gift they will truly enjoy. Also, when you book early, you’re eligible for some really amazing deals!
The weather is starting to cool down which means it’s a great time to get a group of friends or bring your loved one on a golf getaway here at Palmetto Dunes. There’s no better time to play golf than in the fall here in South Carolina. We have tons of beautiful Hilton Head rental homes and villas that overlook one of our three award winning golf courses but 951 Inverness is a must-see villa!
Remodeled in 2009 and situated on the 12th hole of the George Fazio course, this three-bedroom, three- bath villa is perfect for a group or a family. After a morning on the fairways you can cool off in the community pool that’s only a short walk from your villa or chill out by watching TV on the flat screen in the living room!
Make sure to take advantage of our other activities, such as the two hours of free tennis court time and discounted bike rentals, that you receive when you book your villa through Palmetto Dunes. Another great bonus of renting with Palmetto Dunes is that you can enjoy lunch, dinner or mid-afternoon cocktails at The Dunes House!
951 Inverness is ready to make your fall golf outing perfect, so check out its availability, gather up your gang of guys or group of gals and call us at 866.380.1778. Fore!