It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, it’s just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home – Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities – Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by booking Hilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Flying to see us soon? You’ll be happy to know you have yet another way to get to Hilton Head Island quickly and inexpensively. JetBlue recently announced it will add service to the Savannah/Hilton Head International (SAV) airport, its 50th destination, with flights from New York’s JFK and Boston’s Logan airports. The Savannah/Hilton Head International airport is just a few exits down I-95 from the Hilton Head Island exit, making it a convenient and easy way to get to the island.
Beginning Feb. 13, 2014, there will be two daily round-trip flights to JFK and one daily round-trip from Boston. From these airports, you can connect to other destinations, such as Denver, Los Angeles, Albuquerque and San Francisco.
They’re currently offering special $89 one-way fares for travel between Feb. 13-April 10, 2014, so we highly recommend booking your Hilton Head spring break airfare now! To book flights and check rates, visit www.jetblue.com.
Regarding the Boston flights, JetBlue’s vice president of network planning Scott Laurence says, "Bostonians work hard, and they need more great places to get away. Savannah/Hilton Head is an easy weekend getaway or vacation, and priced right so our customers can get away more often." We couldn’t agree more! Now, you’ve got one more reason to come and enjoy all that Hilton Head Island and Palmetto Dunes has to offer from tennis and golf to biking and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
JetBlue carries 29 million customers a year to 79 cities in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America with more than 700 daily flights. On JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is not required. Your first checked bag is also free on JetBlue, and they offer a range of amenities like free DirectTV, free SiriusXM Radio and satellite WIFI.
Would you consider JetBlue for your next flight into Hilton Head?
Be sure to check out our Fall Escape Special with three FREE nights when you book four nights, plus free daily tennis and discounts on golf, bike rentals and more. Good for bookings through Oct. 31, 2013.
With the holidays complete and much of the country engulfed in winter weather galore, many people are starting to plan their spring or summer South Carolina beach vacation. This is a good thing :)! When you book early, you get the worm!
We’ve got 5 reasons why you should book your beach vacation early to make sure you get the most out of your Hilton Head trip:
1) Savings! The first ( and best!) reason to book early is because you will save money. Who could argue with that?! Right now, Palmetto Dunes is offering 20% off Hilton Head vacation homes or villas plus FREE bikes for stays through 3/15/13. If you’re coming in summer, get 10% off all Hilton Head vacation rentals for stays 3/15-9/1/13, as well as free tennis! When you book your Hilton Head golf tee time in advance, you can save up to HALF off our regular resort rate. Those savings won’t last forever!
2) Take your pick – When you plan ahead of time, you get YOUR pick of Hilton Head vacation homes and Hilton Head golf tee times, as well as for activities such as dolphin cruises, charters, golf and tennis lessons and more.
3) Confirm your reservations – During our peak periods like spring break and the summer months, we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals and our most popular tee times and cruise times. By booking now, you can ensure you’ve got all the activities confirmed that your family would like to do ideally at the times you want to do them.
4) Time to plan – Want to take a day trip to Daufuskie Island or down to Savannah, planning to meet your friends from across the country for dinner, not sure whether to drive or fly? Planning now lets you take your time working out all the fine details, lets you research the most cost-saving options and ensures you’ve thoroughly looked into all the options and picked the right ones for your group.
5) Time to dream! – Of course, a big benefit of booking early is plenty of time to dream about your Hilton Head vacation. Snow piling outside the window? No worries! You’ll be in Hilton Head this spring or summer and it will all melt away. If winter’s really got you down, take a look at our webcams to give you a little pep in your step. Your vacation will be here before you know it!
Can we help you plan your spring or summer Hilton Head vacation? Call us today at 866-744-7558 and we’ll make sure you start the planning process early, get the best Hilton Head vacation villa for your needs, reserve plenty of bikes and get in all the activities your family wants to do at the time you want to do them. See you soon!
Here in Hilton Head where most days the skies are blue and the weather is mild, there is plenty to do to keep active during the winter months. Here are our top 10 winter activities on Hilton Head Island:
1) Polish your golf game – Our Hilton Head golf academy offers a variety of classes for golfers all winter long. Learn to play more carefree like Bubba Watson, improve your mental golf game or enjoy daily 50-minute clinics on different skills. See our winter golf academy schedule. Or just head out for a round with some pals. Winter is a great time to play golf in Hilton Head, as the crowds of summer are long gone, making for better pace of play, and temperatures are mild.
2) Ride a bike! – With some 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island, there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the beauty of our island. Hilton Head Outfitters offers Hilton Head bike rentals for every member of your family, including cruisers, kiddie carts, tag-a-longs and child seats.
3) Get in a cardio workout by playing tennis – Tennis gets the blood pumping for sure and the milder weather makes for more comfortable outdoor play. Try a Hilton Head tennis lesson from our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or take it up a notch with our Cardio Tennis class offered during the winter months on holidays.
4) Shop! – There are plenty of unique boutiques and stores on Hilton Head to make sure you head home with a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your Hilton Head vacation. Try Shelter Cove Harbour waterfront shops or shop our Hilton Head golf pro shops and tennis pro shop for some great finds.
5) Kayak or canoe the lagoon – Plan to rent a kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters and head out mid afternoon, when the weather should be at its warmest. Enjoy a peaceful tour of our 11-mile inland lagoon system, take in the wildlife and see Palmetto Dunes in an entirely new way.
6) Take a walk on the beach and look for shells – With fewer people visiting Hilton Head in the winter, you’ll enjoy a quiet stroll and have a better chance of finding some great shells. Keep your eye out for dolphins in the surf and see what kind of treasures have washed ashore. Here are more tips on beachcombing in Hilton Head.
7) Catch a redfish! – Fall and winter are some of the best times to catch a “big red” and our team of fishermen can help you do it. Whether you take an offshore or inshore Hilton Head fishing charter, learn to fish from the pros and see if you can earn bragging rights to a trophy red.
8) Eat oysters – Here in the south, we say that months ending in “r” are the best ones to eat oysters, so before December winds down, take this last opportunity! There’s a fine art to eating an oyster (or you can just slurp it down, of course J) whether you enjoy it with a touch of lemon, hot sauce or just plain!
9) Go birdwatching – The birds are out in winter, and in fact, during Hilton Head’s last Christmas bird count they totaled up more species than ever before! Grab some binoculars and head out on a kayak in the lagoon or a Hilton Head boat tour to Daufuskie Island or Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great birdwatching. More Hilton Head birdwatching tips in the Hilton Head Outfitters blog.
10) Do nothing! After you’ve done our top 9, why not relax, unwind and do nothing :)? Kick back in your Hilton Head vacation rental from Palmetto Dunes and enjoy an ocean or palm tree view. Grab a good book, a cup of coffee and rest. Ahhh….
Palmetto Dunes offers plenty of packages to help you work in all of these things from our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership to our Spa Packages to Hilton Head tennis packages and Hilton Head golf packages. If we can answer any questions or book you a stay or tee time, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
10Best readers have it right: Hilton Head Island’s beaches are awesome. The travel website recently released its list of the 10Best beaches in the U.S., chosen by the readers, and Hilton Head was ranked No. 2! Vacationers ranked Hilton Head above beaches in California, Florida and Hawaii!
From sunrise yoga to bike rides at sunset and everything in between, Hilton Head beaches are the perfect place to spend a vacation. This barrier island has 12 miles of gorgeous beach, three of which are located within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort.
If you really study the beach itself, you’ll notice Hilton Head’s beaches are uninterrupted and wide. In addition to soft sand, the lower part – closest to the water – is hard-packed and perfect for building sandcastles, a game of Frisbee, running, walking or riding a bike.
Palmetto Dunes takes great care of the 3 miles of pristine beaches located at the resort. We invigorated our beaches using tons of sand dredged from our 11-mile lagoon system and Shelter Cove Marina.
We also offer lots of “toys” for our guests to enjoy on the beach, including surfboards, boogie boards, bicycles and more. Also on the property is the Dunes House, a public access beach facility located midway down the 3-mile stretch of beach. It features a deck, resort beach restrooms and limited parking for resort guests.
At Palmetto Dunes, even golfers can still enjoy the beach while at play. Our Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course (one of three courses on the resort) is one of only two oceanfront holes on Hilton Head Island. Its signature hole, the par-five 10th, offers an amazing view of one of the 10Best beaches in the nation.
As you enjoy the sand and surf, there are several regulations by the town of Hilton Head to keep in mind. The following are not permitted: alcohol, glass bottles/containers, littering, fires and fireworks and shark fishing.
We also want to protect these amazing beaches, so please be careful to throw your trash away in provided receptacles and please stay away from the sand dunes and sea oats, as well as other dune flora. Remember to leave any live animals and beach fauna you find alone, which includes sand dollars, starfish and conchs. Also, please turn out your beachfront lights to help make sure the baby sea turtles make their way out to sea.
We’d love to help you plan an amazing vacation at one of the 10Best beaches in the nation, so feel free to visit our website for details on Palmetto Dunes Resort’s Hilton Head vacation homes and villas, activities and amenities, or call us at (866) 744-7558.
Coming to visit us in Hilton Head for your summer vacation or a weekend getaway? Make sure you have your camera packed not only to snap pictures for future memories, but to snag yourself a Palmetto Dunes gift card.
Every week through the rest of the summer we’re going to reward our loyal guests with Palmetto Dunes gift cards when you share your vacation picture with us on our various social outlets, like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here’s all you have to do:
Where to take your pic? Here’s a few of our favorite ideas to get you inspired:
Now, how can you use your gift card? Lots of ways! The gift card is accepted at any Palmetto Dunes-owned point of purchase locations. Note, it is not redeemable at the General Store. Here’s just a few of the ways you can splurge:
How would you use your gift certificate? Let us know and start thinking now of the perfect Palmetto Dunes shot!
The people of Hilton Head have worked hard to preserve the beautiful beaches and landscape and it’s apparent in the amount of wildlife that inhabit our Island. From the ocean to the lagoon to the marsh, there are amazing creatures that love Hilton Head as much as we do! Let us give you a sneak peek into some of the wildlife you could come across on your next vacation.
When you get off your plane or out of your car, look to the sky and you’re sure to see birds everywhere. From seagulls to the beautiful ibis, Hilton Head is full of winged friends. Shelter Cove Harbour and other piers will have brown pelicans waiting to glide above the water looking for a small fish dinner. While sun tanning or playing on the beach, you’re likely to see large birds like ospreys or even bald eagles.
Spot a Gator, But Leave Him Alone
One of the beset known reptiles on Hilton Head is the alligator. They mainly live within lagoon systems so we’ve seen quite a few here at Palmetto Dunes, but if you leave them alone, they won’t bother you. You might even see one lazing in the sun off the side of one of our golf courses.
A Rainbow of Fish
The lagoon is also full of large, beautiful fish, such as red fish, trout, bluefish, black drum, flounder and even tarpon. The smooth, calm waters of the lagoon system make fishing and crabbing excursions fun and successful at the same time.
The Friendly Dolphin
Head into the big water on one of our dolphin cruises to catch a glimpse of their majestic beauty. Many of our dolphins are very people friendly and may swim alongside the boat or come up to the boat for a bite to eat. We’ve even heard tales of dolphins coming right up to people in our marsh creeks. You could swim with dolphins without even planning it! But always remember, they are wild animals.
Turtles and More
During the spring and early summer, if you walk the beach at night you might see a loggerhead momma turtle waddling up to the dunes creating a nest for her babies. Hilton Head has laws to protect the little guys and to make sure they have a safe hatching season and can make it to the ocean.
There are plenty more animals on the Island, like deer, frogs, toads and plenty of crustaceans. So the next time you’re here, take a minute to look around you and enjoy all the wildlife surrounding you on our beautiful island.
From the golf course to where to eat and drink we’ve compiled tips and information from the staff at Palmetto Dunes to help you get the most out of your visit to our resort.
If you’ve never stayed with us before, feel free to ask us any questions you have by emailing email@example.com or you can “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and we’ll answer your questions there.
Do you have a great tip for visiting Palmetto Dunes?
It might be freezing outside and you’re thinking more about wearing scarves than swimsuits but this Christmas why not get the family a present that will warm everyone’s heart? A trip to Hilton Head Island!
Here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort you can find the perfect home or villa located near the ocean, golf course or lagoon depending on how your loved ones want to spend their vacation.
2118 Windsor Place has an oceanfront view and plenty of space for your whole family. The large open balcony is a great place to drink your coffee in the morning or wind down at night to the sound of tbhe ocean breeze. Enjoy views of the ocean from your private balcony overlooking an oceanfront pool with a spa, barbecue area and children's pool.
We know that many families love to gather in the kitchen and this unit has a spacious kitchen that’s open to the living and dining room. Another great feature is that all four bedrooms have their own private bathroom, making it easy for everyone to clean up and get ready after a day in the sand. The Arthur Hills golf course is a short walk away for all the golfers in the family, and you can enjoy two hours of free tennis court time each day you stay with us!
So call us now at 866-744-7558 and get the whole family a gift they will truly enjoy. Also, when you book early, you’re eligible for some really amazing deals!
The weather is starting to cool down which means it’s a great time to get a group of friends or bring your loved one on a golf getaway here at Palmetto Dunes. There’s no better time to play golf than in the fall here in South Carolina. We have tons of beautiful Hilton Head rental homes and villas that overlook one of our three award winning golf courses but 951 Inverness is a must-see villa!
Remodeled in 2009 and situated on the 12th hole of the George Fazio course, this three-bedroom, three- bath villa is perfect for a group or a family. After a morning on the fairways you can cool off in the community pool that’s only a short walk from your villa or chill out by watching TV on the flat screen in the living room!
Make sure to take advantage of our other activities, such as the two hours of free tennis court time and discounted bike rentals, that you receive when you book your villa through Palmetto Dunes. Another great bonus of renting with Palmetto Dunes is that you can enjoy lunch, dinner or mid-afternoon cocktails at The Dunes House!
951 Inverness is ready to make your fall golf outing perfect, so check out its availability, gather up your gang of guys or group of gals and call us at 866.380.1778. Fore!
If your kids are looking to try something new and exciting this summer then head down to Hilton Head Outfitters and sign up for our surf camp! The classes are 90 minutes long and available for all ages. Captain Byron Sewell gives private attention to all attendees and brings his radical experience to the class!
Captain Byron was born on Hilton Head Island and has been a competitive surfer for 12 years. He has 5 State Championship titles and has even won an East Coast Championship. When he’s not in Hilton Head helping your child catch a wave, you can find him either in Hawaii or in Costa Rica from November through May running a surfing adventure guide.
Every class starts with a 10-minute yoga stretch to get everyone loose and in the right frame of mind. All classes are full of laughter and he ends each session with a watermelon seed spitting contest! So get your children out there for fun in the surf so they can tell everyone they’ve been surfing in Hilton Head. Cowabunga dudes!