Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.
It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, it’s just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home – Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities – Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by booking Hilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
So, you decided over the holidays to get your extended family together again in 2013 for a warm weather vacation? Why not come to Hilton Head and Palmetto Dunes and keep everyone busy with our multitude of activities from golf and tennis to biking and kayaking?! Not to mention three miles of peaceful, private beachfront! We’ve got the perfect spot for you to stay with us: 193 Mooring Buoy.
Go ahead, close your eyes, now picture a gorgeous southern home with a grand staircase leading up to the door, a bright blue pool in back overlooking our 11-mile inland lagoon, a lovely deck with pool view, a cook’s kitchen and five beautifully decorated bedrooms. Can you see it?! Enjoy all of that plus the perks of staying with us on your next Hilton Head vacation! Plus, for a limited time you can rent this home at a discounted rate for spring or summer season! This lovely home gives you plenty of space to spread out and enjoy your family without being on top of one another. The living room, dining room and kitchen all offer views of the pool and lagoon, so it’s unlikely you’ll be inside very much with the outdoors beckoning.
If someone in your family loves to cook, they’ll enjoy the expansive kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances. The dining room seats six with room for four more in the breakfast nook.
There are two master suites, perfect for the parents and grandparents, or two sets of parents traveling together. Both offer king beds, sitting areas and flat screen TVs. One even offers a shower with six showerheads for scrubbing the sand off all the kids at once!
There are three other bedrooms, two of which have twin beds and one with a queen bed. Another bonus den has a queen sleeper sofa and private bath.
Sound good? You also get two hours of FREE tennis daily when you book this Hilton Head vacation home and the best rates on all Palmetto Dunes activities like Hilton Head bike rentals, golf and kayaking in the lagoon right behind your home!
Book 193 Mooring Buoy today by calling 866-744-7558 , get your family vacation planned in advance and save some $$!
Coming to visit us in Hilton Head for your summer vacation or a weekend getaway? Make sure you have your camera packed not only to snap pictures for future memories, but to snag yourself a Palmetto Dunes gift card.
Every week through the rest of the summer we’re going to reward our loyal guests with Palmetto Dunes gift cards when you share your vacation picture with us on our various social outlets, like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here’s all you have to do:
Where to take your pic? Here’s a few of our favorite ideas to get you inspired:
Now, how can you use your gift card? Lots of ways! The gift card is accepted at any Palmetto Dunes-owned point of purchase locations. Note, it is not redeemable at the General Store. Here’s just a few of the ways you can splurge:
How would you use your gift certificate? Let us know and start thinking now of the perfect Palmetto Dunes shot!
So you’ve set the date, picked the location and asked your friends to be in your wedding party but you just can’t ask the boss for an extra week off for your honeymoon quite yet.
The honeymoon is the icing on your wedded bliss cake but for many it’s extremely challenging to plan more time off after the wedding planning week amidst work or school schedules. That’s why we’ve created the Mini Moon Package.
This mini vacation after your nuptials will give you the much needed breather you need but will allow you to go back to work or school without taking too many extra PTO days! This package is also ideal for those looking for a long weekend getaway to rekindle the flames for Valentine’s Day with all the spa, food and romance you could want.
The Mini Moon package includes:
Be bold and follow in the footsteps of William and Kate and Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (except try to stay married longer than 72 days) and try our new Mini Moon. Call us at 866-744-7558 for more information and make sure to visit us at www.palmettodunes.com .
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner so why not get your love something different this year? Forget the extravagant floral arrangements, the chocolate and stuffed animals and think about a romantic retreat to Hilton Head, South Carolina. We’ve worked out an amazing package for all the love birds out there and it’s the perfect getaway for Valentine’s Day.
This package includes:
You and your honey will be relaxed, rejuvenated and in love with the fact that you can do all these activities without ever leaving our resort. This romantic package provides relaxation, adventure and wonderful accommodations. We look forward to making your Valentine’s Day the best it’s ever been!
Vacation is all about relaxation. Wondering where to wind down on Hilton Head? We’ve got all the info you need on spas in the area and the best packages and treatments!
At Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you can choose from many vacation packages that include relaxing massages, facials or manicures. If your main goal is playing golf in the morning and chilling out all afternoon, then our “Tee for Two” package is a great choice. We also have all the spa treatments you could dream of in our “Silver Celebration” and “Romantic Retreat” packages.
If you’re staying with us and looking for a quick fix, there are many options within the resort or close by. Try the Spa Soleil at the Marriot Hilton Head right here in Palmetto Dunes. They even have a teen spa, which makes for a perfect mother-daughter getaway. The Hilton Hotel also has a phenomenal spa in house that’s worth the walk or bike ride.
So the next time you’re staying at Palmetto Dunes, take a little time for yourself and escape to the spa.