When the warm weather rolls around, we think one of the best activities to enjoy on Hilton Head Island is sipping a frozen drink at the beach. We thought we’d take you on a tour of the best frozen drinks throughout Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and Shelter Cove Harbour.
Let’s get started!
Intercoastal Martini from Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza Restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones course
This delicious cocktail includes Reposado 100% de Agave Tequila, Grand Marnier, Trip Sec and Sour Mix. Go ahead and lick your lips and let us know if you’d like salt or no salt! If this martini, doesn’t suit you, Big Jim’s has 21 more to choose from! Check out their summer martini menu for 2013 and be sure to stop by Big Jim’s on Mondays for $5 martinis.
The Dunes House Frozen Arnie Palmer
Resort guests are welcome to dine at the oceanfront Dunes House and choose from a selection of frozen drinks to cool down in the Carolina sun. One of our favorites is the Frozen Arnie Palmer, made especially for all you golfers out there! Sip this mixture of Firefly Sweet Tea-flavored vodka and lemonade.
Banana Daiquiri at the Buoy Bar at the Omni Resort
Made with Cruzan Estate Light Rum, this daiquiri is tropically flavored with banana. You can also choose from mango or strawberry flavoring. Enjoy your drink while taking in fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and letting your hair blow in the sea breeze.
Italian Ice at Frosty’s Italian Ice, Shelter Cove Harbour
Looking for something non-alcoholic? Everyone can enjoy a tasty Italian Ice from Frosty’s in Shelter Cove. Choose from a range of flavors and add in a chunk of fudge while you’re at it!
Gold Margarita from San Miguel’s in Shelter Cove Harbour
San Miguel’s Hilton Head restaurant bills themselves as having the island’s best margarita, so go test it out! Try their award-winning Gold Margarita, which they describe as a sweeter margarita. It’s made with Cuervo Gold Tequila, sweet & sour mix, a touch of Triple Sec, orange juice and lime juice. Then, it’s all hand shaken together at the bar and served up to you!
Did we get you in the mood to sip a frozen concoction at the beach?! Why not sample them all and report back on your favorite? Cheers!
The Arthur Hills golf course has received plenty of accolades over the years from 2009 South Carolina Golf Course Owners’ Association Course of the Year to being awarded 4.5 stars by Fodors Golf Digest. Our popular course has one more jewel to add to its crown this year as the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel named it to their 2013 Best You Can Play list.
Criteria used in judging include, routing, variety, strategy, equity, memorability, aesthetics and the golfer’s experience.
“There are so many outstanding courses that you’re really splitting hairs in the voting,” says Michael Whitaker, the panel’s executive director. “When you think about the number of really good golf courses in this state and reduce that number to 30, it’s a daunting task. Some of the older courses have stood the test of time, some have improved with some relative small tweaks and others that have undergone renovation or restoration to their original design features have increased in quality.”
The Arthur Hills Hilton Head golf course, where collegiate stars like Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson honed their talents and a favorite of former President Bill Clinton, takes full advantage of the natural beauty of Hilton Head Island.
Its spectacular layout represents a careful blend of beauty and challenge. Stands of palmetto trees line the graceful fairway and it’s built on a series of rolling dunes. The Arthur Hills Course presents many opportunities for off-balance lies, while ocean breezes add to the challenge. Ten holes on the water further encourage precision play and the course plays 6,651 yards from the back tees.
“We are thrilled that the experts have once again recognized the Arthur Hills Course as one of the most popular layouts in South Carolina,” says Brad Marra, vice president of resort operations for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. “We offer three golf courses that provide our guests a wide variety of looks and challenges, and we are proud of them all. It is pleasing to know that the game’s connoisseurs agree.”
Have you played the Hills course? What’s your favorite hole?
We also have two other championship Hilton Head golf courses, which give you entirely different experiences all at one resort. The Robert Trent Jones Course has one of only two oceanfront holes on the island, and the George Fazio Course is known as one of the island’s most challenging courses with its bunkers and water hazards. Be sure to check out all three!
We offer a variety of Hilton Head golf packages for all levels of golfers that include lessons, multi-course play and multiple rounds. Call us at 866-744-7558 for more information or to book a package or tee time or fill out our online form to get a quote request for a group golf outing.
Here in the south we are blessed to play host to two of the best golf tournaments, and Palmetto Dunes is either just a few minutes or just a few hours’ drive from both!
The Masters, held at Augusta National in Augusta, Ga., every year, is April 11-14, and the RBC Heritage, on Hilton Head Island, follows April 18-21. We think these make for great opportunities to extend your trip with a few extra days of golf at the beach.
Our South Carolina golf resort is offering a special package for those traveling down for either tournament. The Ultimate PGA Tour Stay and Play Package offers accommodations (three-night minimum) plus three rounds of golf at our three championship Hilton Head golf courses starting at $184/night for stays through April 27, 2013.
As if that’s not good enough, we’re throwing in one more perk to sweeten the deal! If you book this package online or by phone using code PGA, for every night you stay with us, we’ll enter you to win a pair of 4-day RBC Heritage tickets with VIP passes to our SkyBox. The winner will be announced April 2.
When you play golf on Hilton Head Island with Palmetto Dunes, you get three different but amazing award-winning courses to choose from, including the oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course with one of only two oceanfront holes on the entire island.
We also have a new Palmetto Dunes smartphone golf application to help you maximize your game downloadable on iTunes or Android phones. With a live leaderboard, hole information, GPS yardage and one-click call dining reservations, you’re set to have your best game ever followed by a cold beer and BBQ ribs at the new Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza Hilton Head restaurant at the Jones course.
Plus, Golf Digest recently named Hilton Head Island as a top Best Buddies getaway. So grab a group of friends, head to the Master’s or the RBC Heritage and then stop off at Palmetto Dunes before or after for a perfect South Carolina golf getaway. Request golf rates here or call us at 866-744-7558 to get started.
Spring Break is on the way much to the relief of many of you experiencing lots of snow and cold temperatures this winter. Put away the snow boots and the scarf and get out your swimsuit and flip flops for a warm, sunny spring break in Hilton Head!
We have lots of great deals for you here at Palmetto Dunes, including special packages for families, great rates on golf and FREE tennis daily if you rent your Hilton Head vacation home through Palmetto Dunes.
Two great deals on accommodations include our Ultimate Family Vacation package, which saves you $1000 off regular rates, and our Sun and Fun Island Escape package, which saves you $700 off regular rates.
The Ultimate Family Package starts at $86/person/night and includes:
Our Sun and Fun Island Escape starts at $261/person per night and includes:
Browse our beautiful Hilton Head vacation villas and homes right here and start dreaming of palm trees, sandy beaches and the smell of the sea air!
We’ve also got some great deals for spring golf in Hilton Head hereat Palmetto Dunes. Our tee times start at $67 per round when you book at least three rounds of golf (who can argue with MORE golf ;-)?) We’ve also got a Buddies Golf Deal at $299 per golfer when you book a group of 12 or more. It includes a three-night stay, unlimited golf, free range balls and an onsite group coordinator. Golf Digest magazine just ranked Hilton Head No. 9 as a Best Buddies Getaway!
Golfers will also love our Stay and Play package that gives you unlimited golf and three nights of accommodations for $445 per golfer, all inclusive. Get a customized quote for your golf trip here.
When you spend spring break in Hilton Head at Palmetto Dunes, you get your choice of the most activities on the island! Bike the miles of paved paths on Hilton Head (Tip: secure your Hilton Head bike rentals early), take a dolphin or sunset boat cruise, kayak our 11-mile inland lagoon, try stand up paddle boarding, let the kids learn tennis at our Junior Tennis Programs or golf at the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy Junior clinics and classes, and so much more!
Be sure to check out our calendar of events to see everything that’s happening during your visit. And in case we haven’t convinced you yet, here’s a quick video to show you just how much fun we have here at Palmetto Dunes:
Come on and join the fun! Call us at 866-744-7558 to get started planning your Palmetto Dunes vacation today. See you this Spring Break!
Where do you go when you want to have fun with your best buds? Golf Digest says Hilton Head, and we agree, of course! Lucky for you, Palmetto Dunes is located on Hilton Head and home to the finest golf courses on Hilton Head Island! There’s no better choice than Palmetto Dunes for your group golf trip, where we specialize in providing a top-notch, first-class golf experience!
In their December 2012 issue, Golf Digest ranked their top 36 destinations for a “Best Buddies” getaway. Hilton Head came in at No. 9, with our Arthur Hills course named as a key golf course. Golf Digest editors created the list by surveying panelists of more than 1000 avid golfers who rank their biennial
America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses.
To add to Hilton Head’s impressive list of awards, the island was named No. 8 for Best Value, No. 8 for Best Courses, No. 9 for best weather, No. 10 for best food and drink, No. 10 for best lodging, and No. 7 as best for couples (Palmetto Dunes offers great romance packages for you and your special someone).
Throughout March, we’re giving you even more incentive to come play golf with your buddies at Palmetto Dunes and see if you agree with Golf Digest! When you book a golf group, you’ll get your fourth round free AND free replays based on availability. When your group plays golf at Palmetto Dunes, we also provide a dedicated on-site group coordinator, as well as complimentary range balls and yardage books plus resort discounts and free tennis court time!
Another great thing about a Hilton Head guys getaway (or girls!) to Palmetto Dunes is all the OTHER activities we offer to keep you busy. Get everyone together for a deep sea fishing charter or kayak through our peaceful inland lagoon. Run on the beach or bike some of Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike paths. We also offer two hours of free tennis daily for each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation villas. We’ll keep you as busy as you want to be!
Request a group golf rate proposal here and be sure to check out all our great Hilton Head golf packages, some of which include lessons and other activities. We promise you’ll love your stay and our championship golf courses!
Here at Palmetto Dunes, we believe that improving your golf game often times starts in your head. Our Hilton Head golf school, the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, offers a variety of classes that work on your mental golf game. Our head of golf instruction, Doug Weaver, is a big proponent of spending time on the mind in order to improve your skills.
“The average person is so busy, they don’t have time to master the perfect golf game. Plus, every golfer is restricted by the limits of his physical skill,” says Doug. “The one thing within our control, however, is how we approach an overall round, a specific hole or a given shot.”
We offer a Mental Golf Workshop weekly, as well as part of our three-day Hilton Head golf school. Before you even come to class, you’ll fill out a survey online, which takes about 15 minutes, that determines your golf personality. The result is a 24-page report that Doug uses to improve your game during the Hilton Head golf class. With the survey, you’ll get an analysis of your golf temperament, golf fitness tendencies and ability to work with instructors and get customized strategies for pre-round preparation, playing shots and course management.
Doug teaches his students how to concentrate and not just think on a conscious level, but a subconscious level. But he promises, no hypnotism involved :). “It’s a fun way to play golf,” says Doug.
He encourages his students to envision a good golf shot before ever taking a swing and even to try putting with eyes closed, or with eyes on the cup and not the ball.
Come try Doug’s methods of using your mind to become a better golf player. Read more about our 2- and 3-day golf schools and variety of golf clinics. Call us at 866-744-7558 to reserve your spot today or to book one of our South Carolina golf getaways that include lessons, tee times and accommodations.
It’s New Year’s so we’re guessing you’ve probably made a few new year’s resolutions for 2013. Health is always at the top of the resolution list so we wanted to encourage you to come on down to Hilton Head and get healthy with a beautiful view!
Here are 5 healthy activities you can do at Palmetto Dunes to support those new year’s resolutions so they don’t get left in the dust:
1) Walk the golf course – We offer three beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, each unique and challenging in its own way. When you play one of our courses, instead of opting for the cart, why not walk the course? You’ll burn some extra calories, do your heart some good and more thoroughly enjoy your beautiful surroundings. It might even give you some more quality time with your golfing buddies!
2) Bike the resort – There are many paved paths throughout Palmetto Dunes, and the streets within the resort are also bike friendly. Everyone knows a good bike ride is a great workout, plus you’re more apt to forget you’re exercising as you take in the lovely views at every turn. Instead of driving to Shelter Cove Harbour to shop or dine, why not hop on a bike using our special passageway that lets you avoid crossing Highway 278? We offer Hilton Head bike rentals at Hilton Head Outfitters for everyone in the family.
3) Try a Zike Bike! Sure, biking is great on its own, but using this unique bike, you’ll get even more of a workout. The Zike Bike is designed as a cross between a bike and an elliptical machine. You use the elliptical movement to power the bike and work your body even harder. Visit Hilton Head Outfitters to try one or rent one on your Hilton Head vacation.
4) Fall in “love” with tennis – When you book a Hilton Head vacation home or Hilton Head vacation villa with Palmetto Dunes, you get two free hours of tennis daily. Be sure to take advantage of that court time to get in a great tennis workout. If you’d like a little more structure, head over to our Hilton Head tennis academy for a variety of lessons, clinics and even a Cardio Tennis class.
5) Paddleboard our lagoon – Pick a sunny winter afternoon and head out on our 11-mile inland lagoon to try the fastest growing watersport, paddleboarding. When paddleboarding, you stand on a board similar to a surf board and use a paddle to navigate your way through the lagoon. The balance and core work required is like no other! Expect washboard abs if you do this sport regularly :).
What’s your favorite way to be healthy at Palmetto Dunes? Please share with us your new year’s resolutions and we’ll suggest some ways we can support them here at the beach. If we can help you plan activities or a vacation to our beautiful resort, please give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy New Year’s!
Here in Hilton Head where most days the skies are blue and the weather is mild, there is plenty to do to keep active during the winter months. Here are our top 10 winter activities on Hilton Head Island:
1) Polish your golf game – Our Hilton Head golf academy offers a variety of classes for golfers all winter long. Learn to play more carefree like Bubba Watson, improve your mental golf game or enjoy daily 50-minute clinics on different skills. See our winter golf academy schedule. Or just head out for a round with some pals. Winter is a great time to play golf in Hilton Head, as the crowds of summer are long gone, making for better pace of play, and temperatures are mild.
2) Ride a bike! – With some 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island, there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the beauty of our island. Hilton Head Outfitters offers Hilton Head bike rentals for every member of your family, including cruisers, kiddie carts, tag-a-longs and child seats.
3) Get in a cardio workout by playing tennis – Tennis gets the blood pumping for sure and the milder weather makes for more comfortable outdoor play. Try a Hilton Head tennis lesson from our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or take it up a notch with our Cardio Tennis class offered during the winter months on holidays.
4) Shop! – There are plenty of unique boutiques and stores on Hilton Head to make sure you head home with a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your Hilton Head vacation. Try Shelter Cove Harbour waterfront shops or shop our Hilton Head golf pro shops and tennis pro shop for some great finds.
5) Kayak or canoe the lagoon – Plan to rent a kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters and head out mid afternoon, when the weather should be at its warmest. Enjoy a peaceful tour of our 11-mile inland lagoon system, take in the wildlife and see Palmetto Dunes in an entirely new way.
6) Take a walk on the beach and look for shells – With fewer people visiting Hilton Head in the winter, you’ll enjoy a quiet stroll and have a better chance of finding some great shells. Keep your eye out for dolphins in the surf and see what kind of treasures have washed ashore. Here are more tips on beachcombing in Hilton Head.
7) Catch a redfish! – Fall and winter are some of the best times to catch a “big red” and our team of fishermen can help you do it. Whether you take an offshore or inshore Hilton Head fishing charter, learn to fish from the pros and see if you can earn bragging rights to a trophy red.
8) Eat oysters – Here in the south, we say that months ending in “r” are the best ones to eat oysters, so before December winds down, take this last opportunity! There’s a fine art to eating an oyster (or you can just slurp it down, of course J) whether you enjoy it with a touch of lemon, hot sauce or just plain!
9) Go birdwatching – The birds are out in winter, and in fact, during Hilton Head’s last Christmas bird count they totaled up more species than ever before! Grab some binoculars and head out on a kayak in the lagoon or a Hilton Head boat tour to Daufuskie Island or Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great birdwatching. More Hilton Head birdwatching tips in the Hilton Head Outfitters blog.
10) Do nothing! After you’ve done our top 9, why not relax, unwind and do nothing :)? Kick back in your Hilton Head vacation rental from Palmetto Dunes and enjoy an ocean or palm tree view. Grab a good book, a cup of coffee and rest. Ahhh….
Palmetto Dunes offers plenty of packages to help you work in all of these things from our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership to our Spa Packages to Hilton Head tennis packages and Hilton Head golf packages. If we can answer any questions or book you a stay or tee time, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Finding the right holiday gift for every person in your life can be more than a little stressful! But when you come shopping in Hilton Head, you’re likely to find some unique gift items to both surprise and delight your family and friends. To help you with your holiday shopping, we’ve compiled some of our favorite gift ideas from around our famous South Carolina resort and neighboring Shelter Cove Harbour.
For the golfer:
For the tennis player:
For the outdoor enthusiast:
For an artistic or unique gift:
Here are more holiday deals at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and Shelter Cove Harbour. If you can’t make it in person to shop, feel free to give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll be happy to ship.
How far along are you on your holiday gift list? Will any of these golf gifts, tennis gifts or other ideas make your list? Happy shopping!
It’s getting to be the time of year where the weather up north starts to get cold, with snow and chilling winds as the norm. But here in Hilton Head the weather is mild year round with the average high between 60 and 72 November through February. In fact, you can check our website home page any time of year for the current temperature and see our Hilton Head weather chart for average highs year round.
With sunny days so tempting, we have lots of folks who like to come spend a month or more with us in the winter, and to cater to these loyal guests, we offer a variety of fun options to keep them busy at our Hilton Head beach resort.
Our Monthly Stay and Sports Membership is great for active individuals who love to enjoy the great outdoors. It includes resort accommodations for 30 days in a Hilton Head vacation home or villa, unlimited golf on our three legendary Hilton Head golf courses and bike rentals throughout your stay, two two-hour kayak rentals to enjoy our calm 11-mile lagoon system, two hours of tennis court time daily and the best rates on all other activities at the resort. Plan to burn a few calories with this monthly sports membership!
Golf aficionados will love our Monthly Golf Membership that gives you a 30-day unlimited golf pass to our three championship courses. You also receive discounts at our Hilton Head golf pro shops, golf grills and range. Imagine how much your golf game will improve with so much practice!
If you’re a tennis player, you’ll be excited to know that with any stay at a Palmetto Dunes-managed Hilton Head vacation villa or home, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis daily. So play your heart out!
Outdoor enthusiasts may enjoy a weekly – or even yearly -- kayak or canoe rental from Hilton Head Outfitters. Yearly members pay $199 for one person for unlimited use of the store’s standard kayaks and canoes in the Palmetto Dunes inland lagoon system, as well as receive half off for a second person and 10% off all other rental equipment. Monthly bike passes are also available for $59.99 for exploring the more than 50 miles of paved Hilton Head bike paths.
Which monthly sports membership is ideal for you? Call our vacation planners today to schedule your chance to get out of the cold and into the bright Hilton Head sun this winter!
Doug Weaver, head of golf instruction at Palmetto Dunes golf resort, is all about making the game of golf fun. He wants you to leave your stress behind when on your Hilton Head golf vacation, forget about throwing clubs and relax and enjoy the game.
Easier said than done, right?
According to Doug, he strives to make people “players”. He says, “a player is somebody who plays well without a perfect swing, understands the game and doesn’t get bogged down in all the mechanics.” A pro golfer who embodies that “player” mentality is Bubba Watson, a playful, imperfect golfer who gets the job done, but has fun while he’s doing it.
Palmetto Dunes offers a variety of classes at our Hilton Head Golf Academy that address these frustrations and helps bring the joy back to the game of golf. They include:
Bubba Golf – Learn how to play like Bubba in this weekly 50-minute class with Doug. The class focuses on the mechanics of making specific trouble shots while learning to think less and focus better.
Mental Golf Workshop – Part of our three-day Hilton Head golf school, the Mental Golf Workshop lets you complete a “golf personality” profile before beginning class. This helps Doug to better understand your personality and areas you need to work on, allowing him to personalize your instruction.
Off the Knees and Under a Branch – In Doug’s Short Game II workshop, he teaches you how to get out of the toughest situations on the course, even when you’re “on your knees, under a branch.” With the confidence that you can play your way out of a worst case scenario, your game will improve!
“Every round has failures in it, if you overreact, that’s how a lot of rounds are ruined,” says Doug. “Golf is fun. Learn how to handle those challenges, and that’s when you really have fun.”
The three championship courses at Palmetto Dunes lend themselves to having fun while you’re on your Hilton Head vacation. They are challenging but not too much so. They’re a good blend, says Doug, meeting the needs of every type of golfer.
Palmetto Dunes offers a range of options for South Carolina golf vacations, including a golf stay and play package, the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy Package with two full days of instruction, monthly packages and more. Call us at (866) 744-7558 for more details.
So next time you feel like throwing a club out of frustration, remember these words from Weaver: “Golf is not a game of perfect. It’s a game of good.” And have fun out there!
It never fails. You think you’ve packed everything you need for a vacation, and then you realize you left your brand new golf glove on the kitchen counter or your new tennis attire in the dryer. Or perhaps you just “feel” like you need a little something new to up your game – and who doesn’t want to come home from their Hilton Head vacation with something to add to their wardrobe? Since any purchase doubles as a souvenir, stocking up at our Hilton Head pro shops is totally justifiable. In fact, it’s a win-win!
Our Hilton Head tennis pro shop and our Hilton Head golf pro shops offer all the essentials -- from the outfit to the equipment – as well as a few awesome extras. We’ve picked five great finds at our Pro Shops just in time for your fall or winter Hilton Head vacation and for the holidays.
In our golf pro shops:
1) GARMIN Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch -- The S3 is an innovative GPS golf watch preloaded with more than 27,500 courses domestically. It offers a high-resolution touch-screen display and shows the shape/layout of each green, allowing the user to select hole locations for precise distances. It also displays yardages to doglegs and lay-ups, and allows the user to calculate distances of an individual shot, not just distance to the hole.
2) 9 & Dine Ladies Apparel -- This collection does very well, and we’re currently stocking the new fall collection. It offers coordinating tops and skorts for a number of unique looks. 9 & Dine is designed for performance without sacrificing fit or style. In addition, every piece in the collection is made in the USA.
3) Titleist 913D2 & 913D3 Drivers -- Titleist begins shipping new drivers in November, just in time for you to use one on our three Hilton Head golf courses during your vacation! The new 913D2 is a 460cc driver with innovations to the face insert, rear weight and lower CG location that deliver the best combination of speed and forgiveness.
For tennis enthusiasts:
4) TASC Apparel -- Our Tennis Center pro shop recently added logo apparel from TASC, which many of you know stands for Technical All Season Comfort. The fabric used in this clothing line for men and women is light weight, has 4-way stretch, UPF 50+, anti-odor, breathable and moisture wicking.
5) LoveAll Shirts -- The shop also carries a new shirt line for women called LoveAll. These shirts are made for tennis lovers by tennis lovers. They infuse their products with the intimate knowledge of the game and the absolute obsession for the sport. LoveAll’s vision is to serve up sizzling merchandise that reflects your passion while remaining divinely comfortable and flattering. Serious and fun; just like you.
What sounds good to you? Any good ideas for holiday gift giving? If you don’t see what you need, head over to our Hilton Head pro shops or give us a call at (866) 744-7558 for some ideas and for shipping rates.
There are games of chance and games of skill. Golf certainly is a game of skill and the best way to improve your game is to tweak things now and again.
While enjoying your Hilton Head vacation, make sure you sign up to attend at least one of the programs offered at our top-notch Hilton Head golf academy so you can score lower and enjoy the game even more. Even if you don’t think you need to tweak your game, you should consider getting a friend or family member to sign up for a program or two then you can just tag along for moral support (wink-wink, nudge-nudge).
In fact, the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy is currently running a special for 10% off if you sign up for a multi-day program. If another golfer signs up with you, you get 15% off. The two-day programs offer a 4:1 ratio for three hours of instruction per day, nine holes of golf daily and much more. The three-day programs also have a 4:1 ratio for four hours of instruction per day, 18 holes of golf and more.
The Golf Academy is led by former PGA Tour player Doug Weaver. As Director of Instruction Weaver manages the Palmetto Dunes golf academy and supervises all golf instruction. “The two- and three-day schools are great because they have a slow pace and you can enjoy learning at whatever your playing level,” Weaver says.
In addition to the multi-day programs, the academy offers nine golf programs about an hour in length nearly every day of the week. Each class focuses on different aspects of the game, including beginner golf, back to basics and the short game. The programs are appropriate for golfers from ages 12 to adult. Eleven teaching pros, some of whom are former PGA Tour professionals, provide hands-on instruction to golfers with varying levels of proficiency.
Weaver says the Power and Distance Class helps you learn the five different ways to hit the ball harder and more precisely using moves that are best for your body type. Every golfer’s body creates power uniquely. The experts will show you the five major power moves and which ones you should focus on.
Another good Hilton Head golf lesson we offer is the Mental Golf Workshop, which helps you concentrate better and keep your energy high. In short, you learn how to concentrate like a pro and maintain it.
Speaking of concentration, the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy has created a class that zeroes in on Bubba Watson’s unique approach to golf. “Bubba is one of the greatest players of our time,” Weaver says. “He’s relaxed and care free. He’s casual yet very competitive and he understands it’s a game of opposites – the harder you try, the worse you do.”
Unsure which school is right for you? Contact us for more information or to make a reservation for any of our Hilton Head golf lessons at (866) 744-7558.