Let us help you with your holiday gift list this year with unique items from stores around Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Whether you’ve got a golfer, a tennis player, an outdoorsman or an ocean-lover on your holiday list, we’ve got the gift for them! Here are some of our top gift picks for 2013:
Golf Pro Shops
The golfer on your list will love this item from our Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop! The new Garmin Approach S4 GPS golf watch ($349.99) is the perfect idea for the golfer who has everything. This stylish, yet lightweight and comfortable watch uses hi-res touch screen technology and comes with a GPS receiver for precise yardage to the front, middle and back of the greens, plus layup and dogleg distances. There’s even a smart notification feature that lets you receive emails, texts and alerts from your iPhone (iPhone 4s and above models). The battery lasts up to 10 hours in GPS golf mode. Now, that’s a watch!
Be sure to use it while playing one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses: the Robert Trent Jones golf course, the Arthur Hills golf course or the George Fazio golf course.
Tennis Pro Shop
At the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop, we can’t resist the cute Spin Winz! It’s a plastic circle that attaches to the end of your racquet to help decide who serves first when the racquet is spun. Instead of the boring “M or W” or “P or D,” your options include “Trophy or Wife,” “Social or Butterfly” and “Diamonds or Pearls” as examples.
For men, we have a variety of logo shirts, great deals on Prince tennis racquets and shoes from Asics, Adidas and K-Swiss. For women, we have Life is Tennis bags in both Tote and Sling styles in a variety of colorful patterns, and LBH tops in sleeveless and long sleeve in a rainbow of colors.
Hilton Head Outfitters
Grab a new Hilton Head hoodie or Hilton Head Outfitters long-sleeve T. These are great for cooler days and to remind you of your last vacation or upcoming vacation to the island. They are available in a variety of colors, including green, pink and blue.
The Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina
Wouldn’t your loved one look great in a new pair of Costas? Or how about a new pair of Sperry Topsiders? The Ship’s Store offers a broad selection of Costa del Mar sunglasses, and when you buy any pair you get a $20 resort gift card (consider that a gift to youself!). The Ship’s Store has the largest selection of Sperry Topsider shoes on the island with more than 50 styles to choose from. They also carry Guy Harvey shirts, Sanuk sandals, Columbia Sportswear and Tervis tumblers.
The Palmetto Dunes General Store
While it would be nice if you could send your loved one a batch of cinnamon rolls freshly baked from the store, that may not be practical J. Instead choose from the General Store’s selection of coffee mugs, long sleeve T-shirts and sweatshirts. They also have some cute beach-themed ornaments, including Santa Claus with an alligator, a sea turtle and by a palm tree, as well as dolphins, sailboats and more.
Palmetto Dunes Gift Card
Not sure what to get the Hilton Head Island fans in your life? No worries! Just get them a Palmetto Dunes gift card redeemable at point of sale locations around the resort. These include Hilton Head accommodations, golf rounds and lessons, tennis court time and lessons, golf and tennis pro shops, Hilton Head Outfitters, the Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina, Big Jim’s restaurant, the golf grilles and the Dunes House. The cards are now available with free shipping and overnight options … just in case you wait till the last minute.
Come visit our Hilton Head stores this holiday season and choose the perfect gift for the people on your list. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 if you’d like us to ship an item to you. Happy shopping!
Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
There are just certain things you MUST do on any vacation and of course, here on Hilton Head Island, we think there are a few items that should be on every visitor’s bucket list. Here is the Palmetto Dunes’ Hilton Head Bucket List for every island vacationer:
1) Get your picture taken at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove Harbour – This iconic statue at Shelter Cove Harbour, just across from the resort, is actually a sundial. But a pic with this guy is a favorite of vacationers, so add it to your list and post it on Facebook (while you’re there, post it on our Facebook, too)!
2) Eat at the Dunes House – Open only to resort guests and property owners, the Dunes House is a perk you can’t pass up. It’s a restaurant and bar situated right on the beach with delicious fish tacos and yummy frozen cocktails.
3) Catch a fish – Head out in our 11-mile inland lagoon with Captain Trent and see if you can catch a “big red” (reddrum or red fish). Kids, try for a flounder!
4) Get a beanie hat and have it signed by Shannon Tanner – If you visit during the summer, head over to HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour Monday-Thursday at 6:30 or 8 p.m. and catch the famous family performer Shannon Tanner. You must hear him sing “Your Hair Had a Party Last Night” and then you have to get your very own beanie hat (like his) and have him sign it with an inspirational message.
5) Eat the cinnamon rolls at the General Store – There’s no better way to start your morning in Hilton Head than with these sweet pastries from the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Ride your bike over and eat up! Just get plenty of napkins…
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – This is one of our most popular water sports that we offer at Hilton Head Outfitters, located inside the resort. Get lessons from our paddleboard instructor or let him take you out on a group tour of our lagoon. You’ll work your abs, burn lots of calories and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
7) Spot a dolphin – Keep your eye out when at the beach for our favorite friendly mammals. You’ll likely see their fins pop up out of the water. They also often swim up into inlets and tidal creeks, which may be a quieter place to find them during the busier months.
8) Try for a hole in one – Head to one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and see if you can hit a hole in one. You may improve your odds with a golf lesson from our super fun director of golf instruction Doug Weaver.
9) Try your hand at tennis – All guests of the resort enjoy two hours of free tennis court time daily with each night’s accommodation, so there’s no reason not to see if you and tennis are a “match.” We also offer tennis clinics and lessons every day, along with private instruction.
10) Take a nighttime beach walk – Grab a flashlight and take a moonlit beach walk. You’ll enjoy seeing another side of Hilton Head by night. Just keep watch for sea turtle nests, mamas or babies and stay out of their way. Light can disorient them so keep flashlights off if you spot them.
What’s on your Hilton Head bucket list? What did we miss? For more information about tennis, golf, accommodations or other activities, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Finding the right holiday gift for every person in your life can be more than a little stressful! But when you come shopping in Hilton Head, you’re likely to find some unique gift items to both surprise and delight your family and friends. To help you with your holiday shopping, we’ve compiled some of our favorite gift ideas from around our famous South Carolina resort and neighboring Shelter Cove Harbour.
For the golfer:
For the tennis player:
For the outdoor enthusiast:
For an artistic or unique gift:
Here are more holiday deals at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and Shelter Cove Harbour. If you can’t make it in person to shop, feel free to give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll be happy to ship.
How far along are you on your holiday gift list? Will any of these golf gifts, tennis gifts or other ideas make your list? Happy shopping!
A long weekend is on the horizon (Yay!). And we can’t think of a better way to spend your days off than on a Labor Day golf getaway to Palmetto Dunes!
Here’s a rundown of the things you can do at this ever popular South Carolina golf resort, including plenty of golf but some other Hilton Head activities, as well:
The Hilton Head Celebrity Golf Tournament kicks off Friday Aug. 31, 2012 at our famed Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course, one of our three world-class golf courses. Since 1979, the annual event has raised more than $3.8 million for well-deserving children’s charities of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
Celebrities at this year’s tournament include actors Richard Schiff of The West Wing and Brian Baumgartner, Kevin from The Office; TV personalities Paul Goodloe of the Weather Channel and Holly Sonders of Golf Channel’s Morning Drive; numerous professional athletes and plenty of South Carolina favorites including Bobby Cremins; and George Rogers, NFL running back, University of South Carolina graduate and 1980 Heisman Trophy winner.
While you won’t be able to play the Jones course Friday (it will be closed for the tournament), you can certainly go and enjoy the festivities! Or you could plan to play one (or both) of the other golf courses at Palmetto Dunes: the George Fazio Course (called the most challenging course in Hilton Head) and the Arthur Hills Course (with 10 holes on the water!). Of course, the Jones course will be back open on Saturday and Sunday.
We also have a special deal right now on Saturday that you can take advantage of while in town. If you book a tee time after 11 a.m. you get half off resort rates if you use code SSSPECIAL12 and book your tee time online here.
While HarbourFest fireworks are over for the season, Shannon Tanner hasn’t gone home yet! Shannon is a family entertainer, who’s been singing and playing music to crowds at Shelter Cove since 1988. Shannon will be performing Friday at 6:30 and 8 p.m. with other live entertainment Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Cappy the Clown will be on hand 6-9 p.m. all weekend and there will be lots of other family activities to do, as well. So bring the whole bunch and experience a new family tradition!
Bike Around Town
Rent a bike from Hilton Head Outfitters, THE place for Hilton Head bike rentals, and explore. Hilton Head Island has more than 50 miles of bike paths that take you beneath live oaks draped with Spanish moss, past creeks and marshes, and close to an assortment of beautiful flowers in bloom.
What’s going on Labor Day weekend at Palmetto Dunes? As you can see, a lot! In addition to the events above, be sure to check out our event calendar for more information on daily tennis clinics, golf demonstrations and after-hours activities at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort! Enjoy your long weekend!
When you vacation at Palmetto Dunes, you’ll be hard pressed to find yourself bored. But just in case there’s a moment that finds you wondering what to do next, we have 5 great don’t-miss activities that are part of the ultimate Palmetto Dunes experience. Stay tuned for future posts on more top activities at the resort!