It’s New Year’s so we’re guessing you’ve probably made a few new year’s resolutions for 2013. Health is always at the top of the resolution list so we wanted to encourage you to come on down to Hilton Head and get healthy with a beautiful view!
Here are 5 healthy activities you can do at Palmetto Dunes to support those new year’s resolutions so they don’t get left in the dust:
1) Walk the golf course – We offer three beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, each unique and challenging in its own way. When you play one of our courses, instead of opting for the cart, why not walk the course? You’ll burn some extra calories, do your heart some good and more thoroughly enjoy your beautiful surroundings. It might even give you some more quality time with your golfing buddies!
2) Bike the resort – There are many paved paths throughout Palmetto Dunes, and the streets within the resort are also bike friendly. Everyone knows a good bike ride is a great workout, plus you’re more apt to forget you’re exercising as you take in the lovely views at every turn. Instead of driving to Shelter Cove Harbour to shop or dine, why not hop on a bike using our special passageway that lets you avoid crossing Highway 278? We offer Hilton Head bike rentals at Hilton Head Outfitters for everyone in the family.
3) Try a Zike Bike! Sure, biking is great on its own, but using this unique bike, you’ll get even more of a workout. The Zike Bike is designed as a cross between a bike and an elliptical machine. You use the elliptical movement to power the bike and work your body even harder. Visit Hilton Head Outfitters to try one or rent one on your Hilton Head vacation.
4) Fall in “love” with tennis – When you book a Hilton Head vacation home or Hilton Head vacation villa with Palmetto Dunes, you get two free hours of tennis daily. Be sure to take advantage of that court time to get in a great tennis workout. If you’d like a little more structure, head over to our Hilton Head tennis academy for a variety of lessons, clinics and even a Cardio Tennis class.
5) Paddleboard our lagoon – Pick a sunny winter afternoon and head out on our 11-mile inland lagoon to try the fastest growing watersport, paddleboarding. When paddleboarding, you stand on a board similar to a surf board and use a paddle to navigate your way through the lagoon. The balance and core work required is like no other! Expect washboard abs if you do this sport regularly :).
What’s your favorite way to be healthy at Palmetto Dunes? Please share with us your new year’s resolutions and we’ll suggest some ways we can support them here at the beach. If we can help you plan activities or a vacation to our beautiful resort, please give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy New Year’s!
A long weekend is on the horizon (Yay!). And we can’t think of a better way to spend your days off than on a Labor Day golf getaway to Palmetto Dunes!
Here’s a rundown of the things you can do at this ever popular South Carolina golf resort, including plenty of golf but some other Hilton Head activities, as well:
The Hilton Head Celebrity Golf Tournament kicks off Friday Aug. 31, 2012 at our famed Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course, one of our three world-class golf courses. Since 1979, the annual event has raised more than $3.8 million for well-deserving children’s charities of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
Celebrities at this year’s tournament include actors Richard Schiff of The West Wing and Brian Baumgartner, Kevin from The Office; TV personalities Paul Goodloe of the Weather Channel and Holly Sonders of Golf Channel’s Morning Drive; numerous professional athletes and plenty of South Carolina favorites including Bobby Cremins; and George Rogers, NFL running back, University of South Carolina graduate and 1980 Heisman Trophy winner.
While you won’t be able to play the Jones course Friday (it will be closed for the tournament), you can certainly go and enjoy the festivities! Or you could plan to play one (or both) of the other golf courses at Palmetto Dunes: the George Fazio Course (called the most challenging course in Hilton Head) and the Arthur Hills Course (with 10 holes on the water!). Of course, the Jones course will be back open on Saturday and Sunday.
We also have a special deal right now on Saturday that you can take advantage of while in town. If you book a tee time after 11 a.m. you get half off resort rates if you use code SSSPECIAL12 and book your tee time online here.
While HarbourFest fireworks are over for the season, Shannon Tanner hasn’t gone home yet! Shannon is a family entertainer, who’s been singing and playing music to crowds at Shelter Cove since 1988. Shannon will be performing Friday at 6:30 and 8 p.m. with other live entertainment Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Cappy the Clown will be on hand 6-9 p.m. all weekend and there will be lots of other family activities to do, as well. So bring the whole bunch and experience a new family tradition!
Bike Around Town
Rent a bike from Hilton Head Outfitters, THE place for Hilton Head bike rentals, and explore. Hilton Head Island has more than 50 miles of bike paths that take you beneath live oaks draped with Spanish moss, past creeks and marshes, and close to an assortment of beautiful flowers in bloom.
What’s going on Labor Day weekend at Palmetto Dunes? As you can see, a lot! In addition to the events above, be sure to check out our event calendar for more information on daily tennis clinics, golf demonstrations and after-hours activities at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort! Enjoy your long weekend!