Many school systems around the country have switched to year round school, which often results in a longer fall break for kids, sometimes up to two weeks. But whether you have two weeks, one week or just a long weekend for fall break, spending it in Hilton Head is a good choice!
The weather is ideal with high temperatures in the 70s and low 80s, and sports fans will love our choice of outdoor activities. Plus, if a certain someone in your family just can’t miss their favorite team’s football game, we’ve got plenty of places for that, too!
The Sun ‘N Fun Island Escape and the Ultimate Family Package are perfect for families looking for an adventurous beach getaway. The packages start with a minimum three nights of accommodations and include bike rentals, kayak rentals, spa services, golf and more starting at $59 per person per night.
Adventure-seekers will love our Outdoor Adventure Package that lets you kayak, bike, play tennis and enjoy a dolphin cruise. It includes three nights of accommodations, a two-hour kayak rental through our 11-mile inland lagoon system, three days of bike rentals to explore Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike trails, a cruise from Shelter Cove Marina to see Hilton Head’s friendliest mammal, the dolphin, and two hours of tennis court time daily.
Fishing in the resort’s 11-mile lagoon heats up in autumn when the red fish start to spawn. The resort has stocked the lagoon with more than 6000 red fish, and there’s even a 60-plus pound red fish that has been nicknamed “Elvis”. See if you can catch him! Fishing is catch-and-release, and fishing charters are available through Hilton Head Outfitters.
Golfers can hit the greens on one of three award-winning Hilton Head golf courses at the resort, all recently aerified and looking great. We also offer fall golf packages that combine private instruction, tee times and accommodations, such as the Golf Stay & Play Package. The Group Golf Getaway is ideal for friends and family of 12 or more and includes three nights of accommodations, three rounds of golf, as well as discounts on all resort activities and pro shop purchases.
The fall schedule is filled with plenty of tennis action at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, named the Top Tennis Resort in the Carolinas by Tennis Magazine. The Banana Open Challenge October 4-6, the USTA On-Campus Fall Invitational October 11-13, the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult and 55 & Over Championship October 17-21, and the Annual Wild Wing Café Nutty Buddy Tennis Classic November 1-3 offer plenty of chances to be a spectator or to play in these tennis tournaments.
And where can your family member go to catch some football action? Hilton Head Island has plenty of sports bars, and right here within the resort, Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza restaurant located on the Jones golf course offers plenty of big screen TVs, so they won’t have to miss a single pass.
We hope to see you in Hilton Head this fall! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your fall vacation to Hilton Head Island today.
It’s New Year’s so we’re guessing you’ve probably made a few new year’s resolutions for 2013. Health is always at the top of the resolution list so we wanted to encourage you to come on down to Hilton Head and get healthy with a beautiful view!
Here are 5 healthy activities you can do at Palmetto Dunes to support those new year’s resolutions so they don’t get left in the dust:
1) Walk the golf course – We offer three beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, each unique and challenging in its own way. When you play one of our courses, instead of opting for the cart, why not walk the course? You’ll burn some extra calories, do your heart some good and more thoroughly enjoy your beautiful surroundings. It might even give you some more quality time with your golfing buddies!
2) Bike the resort – There are many paved paths throughout Palmetto Dunes, and the streets within the resort are also bike friendly. Everyone knows a good bike ride is a great workout, plus you’re more apt to forget you’re exercising as you take in the lovely views at every turn. Instead of driving to Shelter Cove Harbour to shop or dine, why not hop on a bike using our special passageway that lets you avoid crossing Highway 278? We offer Hilton Head bike rentals at Hilton Head Outfitters for everyone in the family.
3) Try a Zike Bike! Sure, biking is great on its own, but using this unique bike, you’ll get even more of a workout. The Zike Bike is designed as a cross between a bike and an elliptical machine. You use the elliptical movement to power the bike and work your body even harder. Visit Hilton Head Outfitters to try one or rent one on your Hilton Head vacation.
4) Fall in “love” with tennis – When you book a Hilton Head vacation home or Hilton Head vacation villa with Palmetto Dunes, you get two free hours of tennis daily. Be sure to take advantage of that court time to get in a great tennis workout. If you’d like a little more structure, head over to our Hilton Head tennis academy for a variety of lessons, clinics and even a Cardio Tennis class.
5) Paddleboard our lagoon – Pick a sunny winter afternoon and head out on our 11-mile inland lagoon to try the fastest growing watersport, paddleboarding. When paddleboarding, you stand on a board similar to a surf board and use a paddle to navigate your way through the lagoon. The balance and core work required is like no other! Expect washboard abs if you do this sport regularly :).
What’s your favorite way to be healthy at Palmetto Dunes? Please share with us your new year’s resolutions and we’ll suggest some ways we can support them here at the beach. If we can help you plan activities or a vacation to our beautiful resort, please give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy New Year’s!