It’s a busy week at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza, the Hilton Head restaurant at Palmetto Dunes located conveniently at our Robert Trent Jones South Carolina golf course. Through Feb. 2, we’re participating in the Hilton Head Island Chamber Restaurant Week with a special “prix-fixe” (price fixed) menu, and we’ll be offering a variety of party-to-go or dine in specials for Super Bowl Sunday.
Hilton Head Island Chamber Restaurant Week is held each year on the island to encourage both locals and visitors to sample restaurants in the area. Participating restaurants offer prix fixe menus of several courses usually for a discounted price.
Big Jim’s will be offering a $16.99 restaurant week menu that includes a cup of soup or house salad; pulled pork, smoked BBQ chicken or smoked beef brisket platter; and a draft beer, glass of house wine or house cocktail. Big Jim’s has happy hour daily from 4-7 p.m. and a new outdoor fire pit for warming up on colder evenings. The restaurant serves a variety of menu items, including a burgers, sandwiches, grilled pizzas, seafood, steaks and salads. There is also a kid’s menu and a selection of wine and beer.
Several Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants will also be participating in Hilton Head Restaurant Week, including ELA’s Blu Water Grille and Bistro 17. To see the full list of participating Hilton Head restaurants, visit the Hilton Head Island Chamber Restaurant Week website.
Big Jim’s will also be going all out for Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013. Whether you’re rooting for the Ravens or the 49ers, you can watch on Big Jim’s eight big screen TVs and enjoy a variety of Super Bowl food and drink specials.
We’ll have a full BBQ buffet from 5 p.m. through the third quarter with pulled pork or chicken, baked beans, coleslaw, pizza buffet and chips and dip for every table. There will be $2 Bud Light pints and $10 bottomless mimosas, as well as Happy Hour prices on house wine and liquor.
Prefer to watch the big game at home? Take home some grub from Big Jim’s! Our To-Go specials include pulled pork or chicken, ribs, coleslaw and baked beans. You can also order a Party Platter with sliders of pulled pork or chicken, Angus beef or fried chicken. Call us at 843-785-1165 to order.
Also in celebration of the Super Bowl, we’re offering a buy one round, get one free golf special. Book your Hilton Head tee time online through Feb. 3 using code Super2013 to get the deal. We’ve also got sales in our Hilton Head golf pro shops, including 20% off all non-sale merchandise and 10% off all sale items, plus Titleist Pro VI for $39.96/dozen.
Join us at Big Jim’s soon!
We know Palmetto Dunes is the best place for tennis in not just Hilton Head but in South Carolina, and even according to Tennis Magazine, the best place in both Carolinas! The United States Tennis Association agreed and has awarded us two of the South Carolina state tennis championships for 2013 in addition to the USTA On-Campus Fall Invitational.
First up will be the USTA South Carolina 40 and Over Championships, formerly known as the Senior Championships, May 18-20. Then, later in the year, the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center will also host the USTA Tennis On-Campus Fall Invitational Oct. 11-13 and the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult Championships Oct. 17-21, which is the largest state championship in South Carolina. The Combo tournament was previously held in Charleston at the Family Circle Cup on Daniel Island. All of these tournaments are open to spectators only. Check out our complete Tennis Tournament Schedule for all events and dates.
Palmetto Dunes is unique among tennis facilities in Hilton Head in the number of clay courts available, allowing the entire championship to be played on clay courts. Another benefit of Palmetto Dunes is its mid-island location on Hilton Head, which is close to other tennis sites and activities.
The resort is also not short of awards for its tennis facilities. Tennis Magazine ranked Palmetto Dunes as the No. 1 tennis resort in the Carolinas for 2012 and as one of the top 50 tennis resorts in the nation. Additionally, the South Carolina tennis resort regularly enjoys top recognition from TennisResortsOnline.com, where guests rank tennis facilities. We were chosen No. 2 in the world for instruction and events, No. 3 in the world for junior programs and No. 5 in the world overall.
Hosting the tournaments is a success for Palmetto Dunes, as they will bring in hundreds of players from out of town who will stay and enjoy all the activities the resort has to offer. We hope to provide all the players and their fans with a wonderful Hilton Head tennis experience and continue to host the tournament in coming years.
If you’d like to come for any of the tennis tournaments, please take a look at our many Hilton Head tennis packages. They include the Team Getaway Package, which offers 3 nights in a resort villa, 4 ½ hours of group instruction, 3-day bike rentals, 2 hours of free tennis daily and a tennis gift upon check in. You might also enjoy our Tennis Stay & Play package, which offers 3 nights in a resort villa, two 1-hour clinics, 3-day bike rentals and 2 hours of tennis court time daily. Or try our Extreme Tennis Vacation and extend your stay for a week. This package offers 7 nights in a resort villa, three 1-hour private tennis lessons, 2 tennis clinics per day/person, 7-day bike rentals and 2 hours of tennis court time daily.
To book your trip to Palmetto Dunes for the next Hilton Head tennis tournament, please call us at 866-744-7558.
With the holidays complete and much of the country engulfed in winter weather galore, many people are starting to plan their spring or summer South Carolina beach vacation. This is a good thing :)! When you book early, you get the worm!
We’ve got 5 reasons why you should book your beach vacation early to make sure you get the most out of your Hilton Head trip:
1) Savings! The first ( and best!) reason to book early is because you will save money. Who could argue with that?! Right now, Palmetto Dunes is offering 20% off Hilton Head vacation homes or villas plus FREE bikes for stays through 3/15/13. If you’re coming in summer, get 10% off all Hilton Head vacation rentals for stays 3/15-9/1/13, as well as free tennis! When you book your Hilton Head golf tee time in advance, you can save up to HALF off our regular resort rate. Those savings won’t last forever!
2) Take your pick – When you plan ahead of time, you get YOUR pick of Hilton Head vacation homes and Hilton Head golf tee times, as well as for activities such as dolphin cruises, charters, golf and tennis lessons and more.
3) Confirm your reservations – During our peak periods like spring break and the summer months, we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals and our most popular tee times and cruise times. By booking now, you can ensure you’ve got all the activities confirmed that your family would like to do ideally at the times you want to do them.
4) Time to plan – Want to take a day trip to Daufuskie Island or down to Savannah, planning to meet your friends from across the country for dinner, not sure whether to drive or fly? Planning now lets you take your time working out all the fine details, lets you research the most cost-saving options and ensures you’ve thoroughly looked into all the options and picked the right ones for your group.
5) Time to dream! – Of course, a big benefit of booking early is plenty of time to dream about your Hilton Head vacation. Snow piling outside the window? No worries! You’ll be in Hilton Head this spring or summer and it will all melt away. If winter’s really got you down, take a look at our webcams to give you a little pep in your step. Your vacation will be here before you know it!
Can we help you plan your spring or summer Hilton Head vacation? Call us today at 866-744-7558 and we’ll make sure you start the planning process early, get the best Hilton Head vacation villa for your needs, reserve plenty of bikes and get in all the activities your family wants to do at the time you want to do them. See you soon!
Here at Palmetto Dunes, we believe that improving your golf game often times starts in your head. Our Hilton Head golf school, the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, offers a variety of classes that work on your mental golf game. Our head of golf instruction, Doug Weaver, is a big proponent of spending time on the mind in order to improve your skills.
“The average person is so busy, they don’t have time to master the perfect golf game. Plus, every golfer is restricted by the limits of his physical skill,” says Doug. “The one thing within our control, however, is how we approach an overall round, a specific hole or a given shot.”
We offer a Mental Golf Workshop weekly, as well as part of our three-day Hilton Head golf school. Before you even come to class, you’ll fill out a survey online, which takes about 15 minutes, that determines your golf personality. The result is a 24-page report that Doug uses to improve your game during the Hilton Head golf class. With the survey, you’ll get an analysis of your golf temperament, golf fitness tendencies and ability to work with instructors and get customized strategies for pre-round preparation, playing shots and course management.
Doug teaches his students how to concentrate and not just think on a conscious level, but a subconscious level. But he promises, no hypnotism involved :). “It’s a fun way to play golf,” says Doug.
He encourages his students to envision a good golf shot before ever taking a swing and even to try putting with eyes closed, or with eyes on the cup and not the ball.
Come try Doug’s methods of using your mind to become a better golf player. Read more about our 2- and 3-day golf schools and variety of golf clinics. Call us at 866-744-7558 to reserve your spot today or to book one of our South Carolina golf getaways that include lessons, tee times and accommodations.
It’s New Year’s so we’re guessing you’ve probably made a few new year’s resolutions for 2013. Health is always at the top of the resolution list so we wanted to encourage you to come on down to Hilton Head and get healthy with a beautiful view!
Here are 5 healthy activities you can do at Palmetto Dunes to support those new year’s resolutions so they don’t get left in the dust:
1) Walk the golf course – We offer three beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, each unique and challenging in its own way. When you play one of our courses, instead of opting for the cart, why not walk the course? You’ll burn some extra calories, do your heart some good and more thoroughly enjoy your beautiful surroundings. It might even give you some more quality time with your golfing buddies!
2) Bike the resort – There are many paved paths throughout Palmetto Dunes, and the streets within the resort are also bike friendly. Everyone knows a good bike ride is a great workout, plus you’re more apt to forget you’re exercising as you take in the lovely views at every turn. Instead of driving to Shelter Cove Harbour to shop or dine, why not hop on a bike using our special passageway that lets you avoid crossing Highway 278? We offer Hilton Head bike rentals at Hilton Head Outfitters for everyone in the family.
3) Try a Zike Bike! Sure, biking is great on its own, but using this unique bike, you’ll get even more of a workout. The Zike Bike is designed as a cross between a bike and an elliptical machine. You use the elliptical movement to power the bike and work your body even harder. Visit Hilton Head Outfitters to try one or rent one on your Hilton Head vacation.
4) Fall in “love” with tennis – When you book a Hilton Head vacation home or Hilton Head vacation villa with Palmetto Dunes, you get two free hours of tennis daily. Be sure to take advantage of that court time to get in a great tennis workout. If you’d like a little more structure, head over to our Hilton Head tennis academy for a variety of lessons, clinics and even a Cardio Tennis class.
5) Paddleboard our lagoon – Pick a sunny winter afternoon and head out on our 11-mile inland lagoon to try the fastest growing watersport, paddleboarding. When paddleboarding, you stand on a board similar to a surf board and use a paddle to navigate your way through the lagoon. The balance and core work required is like no other! Expect washboard abs if you do this sport regularly :).
What’s your favorite way to be healthy at Palmetto Dunes? Please share with us your new year’s resolutions and we’ll suggest some ways we can support them here at the beach. If we can help you plan activities or a vacation to our beautiful resort, please give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy New Year’s!