If you love the calmness of the lagoon or if fishing tops your list when you visit Hilton Head Island, you may want to consider this lovely Hilton Head vacation home. This oasis is located at 71 Off Shore within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Situated right on the lagoon, where you can literally pop out your door and drop your fishing pole in the water, 71 Off Shore is a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom home away from home.
It comes with its own dock right behind the home, where you’ll also find a refreshing pool for a dip after a day in the Carolina sunshine. The outdoor area features a gas grill, as well as a patio table and chairs with an umbrella so you can enjoy the wonderful lagoon view and Lowcountry scenery.
Step inside to find a fully-equipped and updated kitchen along with a large living area, overlooking the lagoon and pool. You’ll also find flat screen TVs, should you need a rest on the couch after a day of activity on Hilton Head Island.
There are four bedrooms, two with king beds, one with 2 twin beds and a fourth with 1 queen bed. You’ll also enjoy a washer/dryer if you need to give your swimsuits a spin during your trip, as well as, cable TV and wireless Internet access.
When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you enjoy the best rates and special discounts for activities and dining within the resort. All guests receive two hours of free tennis court time daily, as well as, discounts and access to the oceanfront Dunes House, Big Jim’s restaurant, the best rates on tee times, as well as kayaking, bike rentals and more. Palmetto Dunes is also centrally located, putting you within a few minutes drive to all sides of the island.
To book 71 Off Shore for your next Hilton Head Island vacation, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
This Hilton Head vacation rental is in a prime location with easy access to the beach, along with views of both a pool AND our beautiful 11-mile inland lagoon system. You won’t have to look far to realize you’re on vacation here!
Newly-renovated in 2012, 165 Mooring Buoy is a four-bedroom, four-bathroom home that can accommodate up to 12 overnight guests, so it’s perfect for a large family, an extended family or two families traveling together.
Walk up the dual front staircases into a large living room with hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, skylights, brand new furniture and classic Lowcountry plantation shutters. You’ll also find a 50-inch flat screen TV for the few moments you won’t want to be outside!
Off the living area is a den with a sleeper sofa, as well as a fully-equipped kitchen with stainless appliances and hardwoods along with a breakfast area where you can seat four. Eight more people can sit around the dining room table, and don’t miss the wine bar and cooler also off the living room where you can chill your favorite vintage and enjoy a glass as you gaze out at the peaceful lagoon.
Of the four bedrooms, two are downstairs, one offering a new King Jamison bed and Jacuzzi tub in the adjoining bath and the other with two new twin Jamison beds with adjoining bath. Upstairs are the third and fourth bedrooms, each with an adjoining bath, one with a king bed and the other with a queen bed.
You’ll get to fully enjoy the Carolina sunshine with the amazing outdoor features of this Hilton Head vacation home. There is a large deck around the pool with a Webber gas grill for family gatherings. An outdoor table sits four while the rest of the crew can relax on the new lounge chairs. There’s also a washer/dryer to keep you in clean swimsuits and private parking to boot.
Remember, with all Hilton Head vacation homes booked through Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center each day of your stay. You also enjoy the best rates on all resort activities like our three championship golf courses, Hilton Head bike rentals, resort dining and more. Check out all of our amazing vacation packages or give us a call directly at 866-744-7558 and we’ll customize a stay just for your family.
Hope to see you at 165 Mooring Buoy soon!
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.
Come December, January and February we see a lot of our friends from up north visit the island for a week, for a month or even for several months. We welcome them with open arms to give them the opportunity to soak up the warmth of a southern winter and enjoy the many fun and varied activities we have at the resort.
Here are the top 6 things we think Canadians and Northerners love most about Palmetto Dunes:
1) The Obvious: It’s Warmer - Here on Hilton Head Island, the average winter high temperatures stay in the 60’s, giving Canadians a break from the freezing temperatures and a chance to get outdoors and work off some of that northern chill on the golf course or biking. See average highs by month at Palmetto Dunes.
2) It’s Active – There’s no sitting around lounging in your Hilton Head vacation home here at Palmetto Dunes… unless that’s all you want to do. We give you plenty of options to keep you busy from two hours of free tennis court time with each night’s stay to three championship Hilton Head golf courses to choose from to Hilton Head bike rentals, kayaking and fishing. There’s no reason to ever use the word “bored” at Palmetto Dunes!
3) It’s Green – It’s so nice to see green when you’ve been staring at snow white for several weeks. Our golf courses offer rolling greens, and you can enjoy an exceptional pace of play during the off season to boot. Enjoy the palmetto trees (the Sabal palmetto is the South Carolina state tree) standing stately in the sun and on warmer days, see a variety of wildlife coming out to catch some rays.
4) It’s Fun – Canadians -- and all guests – will no doubt find themselves grinning as they stroll the beach, beat par and reel in a big red here at the resort. We offer so much to do and it’s all smile-inducing!
5) It’s on the Ocean – Who doesn’t love to listen to the waves crash, feel their toes in the sand and take a calming beach walk? There’s just something about coming to the ocean that melts all the stress (and snow!) away – anytime of year.
6) It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – In addition to all the great things we mentioned above, it really is the most wonderful time of year and what better way to spend the holidays than at Palmetto Dunes! We offer a variety of packages to cater to anyone visiting with us, including our Monthly Stay and Sports Membership, Winter Escape Special, monthly golf and tennis memberships, bike rentals and more.
Are you ready to escape the snow and frigid cold? Come visit us this winter and get out of the big chill! Our temperatures, friendly faces and unlimited activities will warm you up in no time. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to book your Hilton Head vacation today.
Dunes House or Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones course to have your full Thanksgiving dinner – with all the trimmings – prepared for you, no dishwashing required!
If this sounds like a Thanksgiving dream come true, think about heading to Palmetto Dunes this Turkey Day. Reserve one of our beautiful vacation homes or villas for your immediate or extended family. Many of our luxury Hilton Head vacation homes have 5 and 6 bedrooms to make sure everyone has plenty of space, but can still gather round the TV for football or large dining table should you decide to stay in and order from our Gourmet Thanksgiving To-Go.
You’ll have several options for Thanksgiving dinner if you spend the holiday with us. The oceanfront Dunes House will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m-5 p.m. on Thursday, November 28. Choose from a variety of starters, sides, entrees and desserts. Does Crab Stuffed Salmon or Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes tickle your fancy? How about Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie for dessert? They’ll also have the traditional roast turkey, as well as classic Turkey Day sides like green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes with gravy.
Seating is limited for this popular buffet, so reserve early by calling 843-686-9136. Reservations required. The all-you-can-eat buffet is $29.95/person and $14.95 for kids 12 and younger.
Another choice is a plated Thanksgiving dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones course from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Enjoy a golf course view and stuff yourself full of oyster corn chowder, roast turkey, cranberry sauce, mac & cheese, collard greens, pumpkin or pecan pie and more. The dinner is $18.95/person or $9.95 for kids 12 and younger. Reservations are recommended by calling 843-686-9136.
If you’d like to have Thanksgiving dinner in the privacy of your own Hilton Head vacation villa or home, you can order a gourmet dinner to-go from Big Jim’s. Your dinner to-go includes roast turkey and top round of beef, choice of three sides, and pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert. You’ll need to order by November 24 at 5 p.m. and then pick it up fresh and warm on November 28 starting at 11 a.m. The to-go gourmet dinner is $15/person with a minimum two-person order. You can also just order a whole roast turkey for $35. Call 843-686-9136 to order.
View the complete Thanksgiving Day menus for each restaurant.
Once you’ve had your fill of delicious food, you’ll be fueled and ready for a day of shopping on Black Friday. Head to Shelter Cove Harbour to see Santa on Friday, November 29, when he arrives at noon. Target Band will perform 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., and the Harbour shops will feature special sales.
Not shopping? Enjoy a round of golf on one of our three courses or enjoy a tennis lesson or clinic. We have endless activities during the holidays at Palmetto Dunes for you and your family!
To book your Thanksgiving accommodations, dinner and activities at Palmetto Dunes, give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy Turkey Day!
Families know what a wonderful place Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is for all ages and once again the resort has been recognized for its family-friendly atmosphere. The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine ranked the resort No. 23 in their list of World’s Best Family Resort Getaways in the November issue on newsstands now. Palmetto Dunes was the highest ranking South Carolina resort on the list.
“We see the joy in families’ faces as they experience all the fun activities we have to offer here at Palmetto Dunes, so we are incredibly pleased that the readers of Travel + Leisure have ranked us as one of their favorite family resorts in the world,” says Brad Marra, assistant vice president of resort operations for Greenwood Communities and Resorts, the owner of Palmetto Dunes. “Whether it’s reeling in a trophy redfish, learning how to properly swing a golf club or riding the waves on a surfboard, Palmetto Dunes has so much to offer families year round.”
What makes Palmetto Dunes such an ideal getaway for families? Well, let us give you a few reasons…
1) Junior Golf - Kids can learn to play golf at one of the resort’s three championship golf courses through the Little Swingers program for ages 4-7. The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy also offers a variety of junior instructional programs for ages 6-18, and families can learn the sport of golf together as part of Family Golf School. Additionally, kids younger than 10 play golf free after 4 p.m. when accompanied by a parent paying regular rate at all three courses. The Robert Trent Jones course also offers permanent junior tees, and the George Fazio course has markings of 150 yards or less.
2) Junior Tennis - The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers shortened tennis courts for players 10 and younger per new regulations from the U.S. Tennis Association. They have 27 junior tennis programs each week between March and Labor Day and during holidays. Popular clinics include the Short Shots Clinic, which combines tennis fun with motor skills development for ages 4 and 5, and the Super Shots Clinic, which incorporates in-depth instruction on each stroke with fun activities for ages 5 through 8.
3) Unlimited Activities – Kids can learn to fish or crab with Hilton Head Outfitters, enjoy our summertime Surf School, rent and ride bikes around the resort’s 5 miles of paved paths, attend HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour during the summer months for fireworks and kid-friendly performer Shannon Tanner and more.
4) Family-Friendly Dining - Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones golf course and the oceanfront Dunes House, open to resort guests and property owners, both welcome children and offer specials kids menus.
5) Top-notch accommodations - Families can choose to stay at one of the many homes and villas located within the resort during their Hilton Head vacation. We have a vacation rental program and offer a variety of options from 1-bedroom villas to 6-bedroom homes for multi-family travel. We also offer special packages designed just for families that include the best of the resort’s activities.
Additionally, families who book through the resort enjoy special discounts on resort activities, including two hours of free tennis court time daily.
Thanks to the readers of Travel + Leisure for voting for our resort. We hope to see your family for generations to come! For more information about the resort or to book an upcoming vacation, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
It’s not hard to imagine yourself kicking back and enjoying island life at 9 Starboard Tack … just take one look at the decks. This lovely Hilton Head vacation home features a wrap-around deck, and because it’s elevated, it offers beautiful views of our 11-mile inland lagoon system.
This amazing home can sleep up to 11 guests, whether you’d prefer to have plenty of room for your immediate family or want to travel with another group or extended family. Inside, you’ll find four bedrooms , three with queen beds and one with two twins and a Futon.
Everyone can gather in the living room with a sectional sofa, flat screen TV and game table for some fun family activity at the end of a busy day. The fully equipped kitchen will allow you to cook meals at home some nights or enjoy an ample breakfast before heading out for the day. You might even head outdoors to dine on the deck.
There is plenty of parking underneath the home for visitors and guests and you’ll enjoy fishing off a private dock in the lagoon. This home offers access to a community pool and has its own washer and dryer for cleaning up sandy swimsuits!
9 Starboard Tack has varied availability in spring and plenty of availability in summer. Book it early, because this is a popular vacation home! Remember, when you book through Palmetto Dunes you receive many benefits, like two hours of free Hilton Head tennis daily, access to the Dunes House for beachfront dining and the best rates on all resort activities like golf, kayaking, fishing and more!
Take a look and more pictures of this lovely home here and call us today at 866-744-7558 to book 9 Starboard Tack.