Are you considering a Hilton Head vacation soon? Let us help you plan the perfect getaway that fits your hobbies and interests. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer so many activities from fishing to biking and from tennis to golf that you’ll be hard pressed not to find something you’ll love. Here are 5 great ways to vacation at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Tennis Getaways – If you “love” tennis, we’ve got all sorts of fun packages and activities for you. With the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which sees thousands of visitors every year, you can find clinics, round robins, equipment demonstrations, tennis tournaments and more. We offer tennis vacation packages that include instruction and tennis court time and are even tailored to large groups. If you really love tennis, consider our Extreme Tennis Vacation!
2) For the Outdoor Lover – There’s so much to do outdoors at Palmetto Dunes and so much beauty to see. The Outdoor Adventure package rolls the best of our outdoor activities all into one with at least three nights of accommodations in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, kayak rentals, a dolphin cruise, Hilton Head bike rentals and tennis court time daily.
3) Romance in Bloom – Looking for a romantic getaway for just the two of you? We offer several romance packages like our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration that include spa treatments, bike rentals, kayak rentals and more.
4) Golfers Delight – Get your best golf buddies together and play all three of our championship golf courses, each uniquely challenging. Our golf vacation packages include instruction time, accommodations and tee times, and be sure to take advantage of our free club fittings and free golf demo on Mondays at 4 p.m. at the Robert Trent Jones course.
5) Family Fun – Got kids? We love kids here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Our Ultimate Family package and Sun ‘N Fun Island escape are uniquely designed to entertain all ages down to our smallest guests. Kids will find lots to do at the resort like family tees at our golf courses, junior tennis clinics and round robins, fishing, crabbing and summer Surf School just to name a few.
What kind of Hilton Head package sounds like the perfect fit for your vacation? If we can answer any questions or tailor any package to better fit your needs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Last week, the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport celebrated in high style as JetBlue landed its first planes at the airport, making the area the latest addition to the airline’s routes. There will now be daily flights coming into and out of Hilton Head Island from New York’s JFK and Boston Logan airports, connecting from many other cities across the country.
The addition of the airline is good news for the Lowcountry, as it adds more options for vacationers coming to the island. Already, JetBlue plans to increase the capacity of the airplanes flying into the area by 50% due to high demand, and other airlines have also lowered costs and added flights and additional seats.
On February 13, the first flights flew into the Savannah-Hilton Head International airport and the area hosted a grand celebration. Local officials and guests enjoyed blue cocktails, visits with “Forrest Gump,” comments from company executives and more. Major media, including representatives from Travel + Leisure, Southern Living, New York Magazine and others flew in for the event. Take a look at our board on Pinterest chronicling the entire event.
The Savannah/Hilton Head area has invested in a marketing effort to lure Northeasterners ready for a warm weather getaway to the Lowcountry area, which includes advertising in major outlets, as well as billboards atop taxis in New York City noting “Hilton Head is in full ‘swing’.”
Palmetto Dunes has created a package for those looking for a great airfare rate to play world-class golf in the Lowcountry. The Blue and Greens package includes a $200 JetBlue gift card per person good toward airfare, as well as 4 days/3 nights in a resort view villa, 2 rounds of golf per person at our beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, 3-day Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters and 2 hours of complementary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center.
We’re so excited to have JetBlue in town and hope you are, too! Be sure to check their rates before planning your next Hilton Head vacation to Palmetto Dunes.
Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to book the Blue and Greens package or for any other resort or Hilton Head vacation questions. Fly safe!
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.
It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, it’s just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home – Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities – Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by booking Hilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
If there’s one celebration that Hilton Head Island is famous for it’s July 4th at Shelter Cove Harbour! This popular marina does it up in style, presenting the annual summer celebration of HarbourFest now in its 25th year.
Start your day splashing around at the beach at Palmetto Dunes, playing tennis at a world-renowned tennis facility or playing a round of championship golf. Have a leisurely lunch of fish tacos at The Dunes House, open to resort guests and property owners, and then enjoy more fun in the sun before the extra special fireworks show!
Each year, HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour hosts the island’s largest fireworks show over Broad Creek. Starting at dusk, you can watch them light up the night sky over the harbour. Come early for the best viewing and to catch a famous Shannon Tanner performance at the stage!
Grab a seat at one of six waterfront Shelter Cove restaurants like San Miguel’s, the new Sea Lady restaurant or Ela’s Blu Water Grille; visit the stage area and have a view of the fireworks plus the Shannon Tanner show; book a sunset fireworks cruise to watch them from the water; or have dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones Hilton Head golf course where you can see them from the deck. Fireworks are weather dependent, so keep your eye posted to our Facebook page if the weather is questionable.
Prior to the fireworks, Shannon Tanner will take the stage at 6:30 and 8 p.m., playing some of his favorite tunes like “My Hair Had a Party Last Night,” as well as some special patriotic selections. Don your beanie hat and get ready to boogie with Shannon and the entire crowd!
There will also be other family-friendly activities at Shelter Cove Harbour as part of HarbourFest including Cappy the Clown, face painting, bounce houses and arts and crafts.
There is new parking this year for the July 4th celebration. Traffic on Highway 278 will be directed to one of three free and secure parking lots. Free shuttles will run continuously from 4:30-11 p.m. from these lots to Shelter Cove. Guests of the resort can also ride the free Dunes Buggy, which transports guests around Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove Harbour. Bike riding is also encouraged and there is a safe passage under Highway 278 that connects the resort with Shelter Cove.
We hope to see you at our July 4th fireworks celebration! If you need help with Hilton Head accommodations or activities during your stay, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
So, you decided over the holidays to get your extended family together again in 2013 for a warm weather vacation? Why not come to Hilton Head and Palmetto Dunes and keep everyone busy with our multitude of activities from golf and tennis to biking and kayaking?! Not to mention three miles of peaceful, private beachfront! We’ve got the perfect spot for you to stay with us: 193 Mooring Buoy.
Go ahead, close your eyes, now picture a gorgeous southern home with a grand staircase leading up to the door, a bright blue pool in back overlooking our 11-mile inland lagoon, a lovely deck with pool view, a cook’s kitchen and five beautifully decorated bedrooms. Can you see it?! Enjoy all of that plus the perks of staying with us on your next Hilton Head vacation! Plus, for a limited time you can rent this home at a discounted rate for spring or summer season! This lovely home gives you plenty of space to spread out and enjoy your family without being on top of one another. The living room, dining room and kitchen all offer views of the pool and lagoon, so it’s unlikely you’ll be inside very much with the outdoors beckoning.
If someone in your family loves to cook, they’ll enjoy the expansive kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances. The dining room seats six with room for four more in the breakfast nook.
There are two master suites, perfect for the parents and grandparents, or two sets of parents traveling together. Both offer king beds, sitting areas and flat screen TVs. One even offers a shower with six showerheads for scrubbing the sand off all the kids at once!
There are three other bedrooms, two of which have twin beds and one with a queen bed. Another bonus den has a queen sleeper sofa and private bath.
Sound good? You also get two hours of FREE tennis daily when you book this Hilton Head vacation home and the best rates on all Palmetto Dunes activities like Hilton Head bike rentals, golf and kayaking in the lagoon right behind your home!
Book 193 Mooring Buoy today by calling 866-744-7558 , get your family vacation planned in advance and save some $$!
Coming to visit us in Hilton Head for your summer vacation or a weekend getaway? Make sure you have your camera packed not only to snap pictures for future memories, but to snag yourself a Palmetto Dunes gift card.
Every week through the rest of the summer we’re going to reward our loyal guests with Palmetto Dunes gift cards when you share your vacation picture with us on our various social outlets, like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here’s all you have to do:
Where to take your pic? Here’s a few of our favorite ideas to get you inspired:
Now, how can you use your gift card? Lots of ways! The gift card is accepted at any Palmetto Dunes-owned point of purchase locations. Note, it is not redeemable at the General Store. Here’s just a few of the ways you can splurge:
How would you use your gift certificate? Let us know and start thinking now of the perfect Palmetto Dunes shot!
Relaxing is a rare commodity these days, but a visit to Palmetto Dunes can give it to you in spades. Whether a long bike ride or canoeing through a calm lagoon brings about peace of mind or you’d rather kick back and let someone massage away the stress, we’ve got something for you.
Here at Palmetto Dunes, we offer a number of spa packages for those who are attracted to the relaxation offered by the lure of facials, salt scrubs and massages with a little activity mixed in.
If you’d like to combine romance with your relaxation try one of these two options:
Our Anniversary Celebration package lets you celebrate your years of togetherness with a getaway to the beauty that is Hilton Head Island. Enjoy 7 days and 6 nights in an ocean view villa so you can fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. Take in Hilton Head’s 80 miles of paved bike trails with bike rentals and paddle through our 11-mile saltwater lagoon system by kayak. Unwind with an individual or couples massage, as well as a luxurious facial treatment or therapeutic body scrub. Then get the blood pumping and see if you can best your significant other on the tennis courts.
Or if you’re just beginning your life together, consider a Mini Moon at Palmetto Dunes. Many famous folks like Prince William and Princess Kate are opting to take an abbreviated honeymoon that consists of a long weekend right after the ceremony, saving the longer getaway for later. Our Mini Moon includes 3 nights at the resort, a $100 gift certificate for a romantic dinner, an individual or couples massage, facial treatment or body scrub, one-day bike rental (try pedaling our 3 miles of beach), double kayak rental through the lagoon and two hours of tennis court time daily. Choose to be as active or relaxed as you want with our Mini Moon!
If it’s not a romantic getaway you seek, but just a relaxed adventure, try our Sun ‘N Fun Island Escape Package. It packs in active relaxation and plenty of spa time. The package offers 4 days and 3 nights accommodations, one round of golf per person (don’t stress about your performance, just relax and enjoy the beautiful views!), one day bike rentals, single kayak rentals to explore the lagoon, two hours of tennis time daily, a signature massage at Spa Soleil, facial treatment or body scrub, and as many beautiful views as you can take in!
So however you like to de-stress and relax, we’ll find a way to make it happen here at Palmetto Dunes. Call us at 866.380.1778 to book your getaway.
There’s some great shopping throughout Hilton Head but within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort there are some must see shops.
Shelter Cove Harbour doesn’t just host HarbourFest, Shannon Tanner and summertime fireworks; it’s also the home of a variety of interesting shopping. Located on beautiful Broad Creek, the waterfront shopping at Shelter Cove Harbour makes for a fun day! Here are some of the stores you need to peruse the next time you’re in town.
Clothing and Accessories
Camp Hilton Head- This cute store has great Hilton Head hats, tees and beach bags. If you’re looking for a vacation souvenir, this is the place.
Neptune’s Kids- Carries a wide variety of clothing, games and gifts for kids of all ages. Your children will surely fall in love with this store.
Taffeta- If you’re looking for a beautiful outfit for a special night out or want to check out the latest fashions from Europe, come on in.
Home and Garden
Christmas on the Harbour- Get in the holiday spirit year round with some of the best Christmas decorations like ornaments, nativities and holiday stem wear.
Neptune’s Niche- Unique home and garden accessories as well as a selection of glassware, artwork, jewelry, woodwork, ironwork, pottery and textiles by Lowcountry artists.
Art and Photography
The Golf & Boat Club/ Bolton Smith Gallery- Original artwork by R. Bolton Smith and resort wear.
LaBelle Image Fine Art Gallery- A popular art gallery featuring original work by artist Richard Riverin and unique art to complement the existing décor of your home.
Legacy Design Photographers- Looking to capture your family vacation memories? The team at Legacy can create beautiful images of your children, engagement photos or family reunions!
Nash Gallery- This gallery showcases some beautiful wood, metal, glass, ceramic and handmade jewelry from North American artists.
Salon Shelter Cove- If you’re looking for a new do, a blow out or even a Keratin treatment while in town, this salon will help you out. Walk-ins welcome!
Shelter Cove has something for everyone and we hope you spend a day walking in the sun from store to store enjoying the day. Don’t forget that there are also 7 wonderful restaurants for you to sit and have lunch and dinner! What’s your favorite store in Hilton Head?
Close your eyes and imagine yourself waking up to no alarm clock, throwing on your flip flops and sitting on your porch to enjoy your morning with a hot cup of coffee. Doesn’t that sound pretty amazing? We know that even on vacation many enjoy starting their morning off with a great cup of “joe” and we want to help you find the perfect coffee shop on Hilton Head.
For those of you who don’t want to leave Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, we totally understand and that’s why our homes and villas come with a coffee pot in them. You bring your favorite brand of beans and let the coffee pot do the rest. If you’d like to take a little morning walk or bike ride, The General Store serves up a great cup of coffee, and if you’re the first to check-in on Foursquare in the morning, you could get your cup for free! Both hotels located in Palmetto Dunes also have wonderful breakfast buffets and plenty of coffee.
If you’d like to get out and about in Hilton Head, here are some great local coffee shops to try:
We hope to help you wake up each morning of your Hilton Head vacation with the best jolt possible. Do you have a favorite coffee shop here in Hilton Head that we didn’t mention? We’d love to hear!
We’ve heard from so many of you who are already counting down the days, weeks or months until you hit the beaches here in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Spring break is right around the corner for most and summer will be right behind! We’re getting just as pumped as y’all about the beach season and to get you even more in the mood, we’ve come up with a list of must-do activities while you’re visiting us at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort.
One of the most beloved Palmetto Dunes locations, The Dunes House, plans to re-open in late February, just in time to feed the spring breakers and summer vacationers the best fish tacos and drinks around with an unbeatable oceanfront view.
March not only brings us the spring breakers but also the Tennis Welcome Exhibition and Happy Hour and Demo Days. Every Monday night at 5:30 p.m., we get our employees and guests together to enjoy cocktails and lemonade while watching our tennis pros play on Centre Court. If you really enjoy tennis, then our Tuesday 2 p.m. Demo Days is the perfect way to test the newest equipment and ask our pros any technical questions you may have.
Summertime brings lots of activities unique to Palmetto Dunes like stand up paddle boarding and our amazing surf school. Learning to paddle board can be tough in the ocean waves so we provide lessons on our calm 11-mile lagoon system!
Our surf school has taught tons of people to hang-10 over the past few years and it’s back this year to teach a whole new crew. Even if you’ve never even attempted to stand on a board, our instructors will have you surfing before you know it. Just check out these young surfers.
We can’t wait to see you all this year and hope you’ll enjoy all the Palmetto Dunes classics, while also trying a new activity or event! Oh, and you might have so much fun that you see fireworks!
So you’ve set the date, picked the location and asked your friends to be in your wedding party but you just can’t ask the boss for an extra week off for your honeymoon quite yet.
The honeymoon is the icing on your wedded bliss cake but for many it’s extremely challenging to plan more time off after the wedding planning week amidst work or school schedules. That’s why we’ve created the Mini Moon Package.
This mini vacation after your nuptials will give you the much needed breather you need but will allow you to go back to work or school without taking too many extra PTO days! This package is also ideal for those looking for a long weekend getaway to rekindle the flames for Valentine’s Day with all the spa, food and romance you could want.
The Mini Moon package includes:
Be bold and follow in the footsteps of William and Kate and Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (except try to stay married longer than 72 days) and try our new Mini Moon. Call us at 866-744-7558 for more information and make sure to visit us at www.palmettodunes.com .
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner so why not get your love something different this year? Forget the extravagant floral arrangements, the chocolate and stuffed animals and think about a romantic retreat to Hilton Head, South Carolina. We’ve worked out an amazing package for all the love birds out there and it’s the perfect getaway for Valentine’s Day.
This package includes:
You and your honey will be relaxed, rejuvenated and in love with the fact that you can do all these activities without ever leaving our resort. This romantic package provides relaxation, adventure and wonderful accommodations. We look forward to making your Valentine’s Day the best it’s ever been!
You work hard to stay in shape when you’re at home, and you certainly don’t want to let all that hard work go to waste by stopping on vacation. No worries. When you come to Palmetto Dunes, we’ve got you covered. Hilton Head Island is the perfect place to run, bike or even try something new, like beachfront yoga! Here are some options to help you return with the same, or better, beach bod that you arrived with:
Hilton Head Outfitters offers a wide variety of bicycles to rent. Guests can bike through the smooth streets, which are perfect for a calm, breezy ride. If you’re up for more of a challenge, try a vigorous ride on the beach, which can burn up to 500 calories an hour! Another Palmetto Dunes activity that really gets the blood flowing is Cardio Tennis!
If you are a yoga enthusiast, you’ve got plenty to choose from. With many yoga studios around the island, you’re sure to find the right fit! Our favorite is oceanfront yoga. What could be a better workout than practicing poses with the waves crashing serenely in the background? Beach Yoga is available in front of the Dunes House on Palmetto Dunes taught by Pamela Eaton.
If you’re interested in visiting a more traditional gym, there are several on the island to try. We have an Anytime Fitness, Beach City Health and Fitness and Players Club Fitness Center to name a few. But, if you’re looking for an awesome challenge we suggest trying CrossFit. Our own tennis maven, Jackie, attends each morning and highly recommends it!
So whether you’re into tennis, biking, running or lifting here in Hilton Head Island, we’ve got all you need to get your sweat on! Let us know if you try any of our suggestions and how they “work out”.
Vacation is all about relaxation. Wondering where to wind down on Hilton Head? We’ve got all the info you need on spas in the area and the best packages and treatments!
At Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you can choose from many vacation packages that include relaxing massages, facials or manicures. If your main goal is playing golf in the morning and chilling out all afternoon, then our “Tee for Two” package is a great choice. We also have all the spa treatments you could dream of in our “Silver Celebration” and “Romantic Retreat” packages.
If you’re staying with us and looking for a quick fix, there are many options within the resort or close by. Try the Spa Soleil at the Marriot Hilton Head right here in Palmetto Dunes. They even have a teen spa, which makes for a perfect mother-daughter getaway. The Hilton Hotel also has a phenomenal spa in house that’s worth the walk or bike ride.
So the next time you’re staying at Palmetto Dunes, take a little time for yourself and escape to the spa.