Many school systems around the country have switched to year round school, which often results in a longer fall break for kids, sometimes up to two weeks. But whether you have two weeks, one week or just a long weekend for fall break, spending it in Hilton Head is a good choice!
The weather is ideal with high temperatures in the 70s and low 80s, and sports fans will love our choice of outdoor activities. Plus, if a certain someone in your family just can’t miss their favorite team’s football game, we’ve got plenty of places for that, too!
The Sun ‘N Fun Island Escape and the Ultimate Family Package are perfect for families looking for an adventurous beach getaway. The packages start with a minimum three nights of accommodations and include bike rentals, kayak rentals, spa services, golf and more starting at $59 per person per night.
Adventure-seekers will love our Outdoor Adventure Package that lets you kayak, bike, play tennis and enjoy a dolphin cruise. It includes three nights of accommodations, a two-hour kayak rental through our 11-mile inland lagoon system, three days of bike rentals to explore Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike trails, a cruise from Shelter Cove Marina to see Hilton Head’s friendliest mammal, the dolphin, and two hours of tennis court time daily.
Fishing in the resort’s 11-mile lagoon heats up in autumn when the red fish start to spawn. The resort has stocked the lagoon with more than 6000 red fish, and there’s even a 60-plus pound red fish that has been nicknamed “Elvis”. See if you can catch him! Fishing is catch-and-release, and fishing charters are available through Hilton Head Outfitters.
Golfers can hit the greens on one of three award-winning Hilton Head golf courses at the resort, all recently aerified and looking great. We also offer fall golf packages that combine private instruction, tee times and accommodations, such as the Golf Stay & Play Package. The Group Golf Getaway is ideal for friends and family of 12 or more and includes three nights of accommodations, three rounds of golf, as well as discounts on all resort activities and pro shop purchases.
The fall schedule is filled with plenty of tennis action at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, named the Top Tennis Resort in the Carolinas by Tennis Magazine. The Banana Open Challenge October 4-6, the USTA On-Campus Fall Invitational October 11-13, the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult and 55 & Over Championship October 17-21, and the Annual Wild Wing Café Nutty Buddy Tennis Classic November 1-3 offer plenty of chances to be a spectator or to play in these tennis tournaments.
And where can your family member go to catch some football action? Hilton Head Island has plenty of sports bars, and right here within the resort, Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza restaurant located on the Jones golf course offers plenty of big screen TVs, so they won’t have to miss a single pass.
We hope to see you in Hilton Head this fall! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your fall vacation to Hilton Head Island today.
With the holidays complete and much of the country engulfed in winter weather galore, many people are starting to plan their spring or summer South Carolina beach vacation. This is a good thing :)! When you book early, you get the worm!
We’ve got 5 reasons why you should book your beach vacation early to make sure you get the most out of your Hilton Head trip:
1) Savings! The first ( and best!) reason to book early is because you will save money. Who could argue with that?! Right now, Palmetto Dunes is offering 20% off Hilton Head vacation homes or villas plus FREE bikes for stays through 3/15/13. If you’re coming in summer, get 10% off all Hilton Head vacation rentals for stays 3/15-9/1/13, as well as free tennis! When you book your Hilton Head golf tee time in advance, you can save up to HALF off our regular resort rate. Those savings won’t last forever!
2) Take your pick – When you plan ahead of time, you get YOUR pick of Hilton Head vacation homes and Hilton Head golf tee times, as well as for activities such as dolphin cruises, charters, golf and tennis lessons and more.
3) Confirm your reservations – During our peak periods like spring break and the summer months, we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals and our most popular tee times and cruise times. By booking now, you can ensure you’ve got all the activities confirmed that your family would like to do ideally at the times you want to do them.
4) Time to plan – Want to take a day trip to Daufuskie Island or down to Savannah, planning to meet your friends from across the country for dinner, not sure whether to drive or fly? Planning now lets you take your time working out all the fine details, lets you research the most cost-saving options and ensures you’ve thoroughly looked into all the options and picked the right ones for your group.
5) Time to dream! – Of course, a big benefit of booking early is plenty of time to dream about your Hilton Head vacation. Snow piling outside the window? No worries! You’ll be in Hilton Head this spring or summer and it will all melt away. If winter’s really got you down, take a look at our webcams to give you a little pep in your step. Your vacation will be here before you know it!
Can we help you plan your spring or summer Hilton Head vacation? Call us today at 866-744-7558 and we’ll make sure you start the planning process early, get the best Hilton Head vacation villa for your needs, reserve plenty of bikes and get in all the activities your family wants to do at the time you want to do them. See you soon!
So, you decided over the holidays to get your extended family together again in 2013 for a warm weather vacation? Why not come to Hilton Head and Palmetto Dunes and keep everyone busy with our multitude of activities from golf and tennis to biking and kayaking?! Not to mention three miles of peaceful, private beachfront! We’ve got the perfect spot for you to stay with us: 193 Mooring Buoy.
Go ahead, close your eyes, now picture a gorgeous southern home with a grand staircase leading up to the door, a bright blue pool in back overlooking our 11-mile inland lagoon, a lovely deck with pool view, a cook’s kitchen and five beautifully decorated bedrooms. Can you see it?! Enjoy all of that plus the perks of staying with us on your next Hilton Head vacation! Plus, for a limited time you can rent this home at a discounted rate for spring or summer season! This lovely home gives you plenty of space to spread out and enjoy your family without being on top of one another. The living room, dining room and kitchen all offer views of the pool and lagoon, so it’s unlikely you’ll be inside very much with the outdoors beckoning.
If someone in your family loves to cook, they’ll enjoy the expansive kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances. The dining room seats six with room for four more in the breakfast nook.
There are two master suites, perfect for the parents and grandparents, or two sets of parents traveling together. Both offer king beds, sitting areas and flat screen TVs. One even offers a shower with six showerheads for scrubbing the sand off all the kids at once!
There are three other bedrooms, two of which have twin beds and one with a queen bed. Another bonus den has a queen sleeper sofa and private bath.
Sound good? You also get two hours of FREE tennis daily when you book this Hilton Head vacation home and the best rates on all Palmetto Dunes activities like Hilton Head bike rentals, golf and kayaking in the lagoon right behind your home!
Book 193 Mooring Buoy today by calling 866-744-7558 , get your family vacation planned in advance and save some $$!
Here in Hilton Head where most days the skies are blue and the weather is mild, there is plenty to do to keep active during the winter months. Here are our top 10 winter activities on Hilton Head Island:
1) Polish your golf game – Our Hilton Head golf academy offers a variety of classes for golfers all winter long. Learn to play more carefree like Bubba Watson, improve your mental golf game or enjoy daily 50-minute clinics on different skills. See our winter golf academy schedule. Or just head out for a round with some pals. Winter is a great time to play golf in Hilton Head, as the crowds of summer are long gone, making for better pace of play, and temperatures are mild.
2) Ride a bike! – With some 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island, there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the beauty of our island. Hilton Head Outfitters offers Hilton Head bike rentals for every member of your family, including cruisers, kiddie carts, tag-a-longs and child seats.
3) Get in a cardio workout by playing tennis – Tennis gets the blood pumping for sure and the milder weather makes for more comfortable outdoor play. Try a Hilton Head tennis lesson from our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or take it up a notch with our Cardio Tennis class offered during the winter months on holidays.
4) Shop! – There are plenty of unique boutiques and stores on Hilton Head to make sure you head home with a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your Hilton Head vacation. Try Shelter Cove Harbour waterfront shops or shop our Hilton Head golf pro shops and tennis pro shop for some great finds.
5) Kayak or canoe the lagoon – Plan to rent a kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters and head out mid afternoon, when the weather should be at its warmest. Enjoy a peaceful tour of our 11-mile inland lagoon system, take in the wildlife and see Palmetto Dunes in an entirely new way.
6) Take a walk on the beach and look for shells – With fewer people visiting Hilton Head in the winter, you’ll enjoy a quiet stroll and have a better chance of finding some great shells. Keep your eye out for dolphins in the surf and see what kind of treasures have washed ashore. Here are more tips on beachcombing in Hilton Head.
7) Catch a redfish! – Fall and winter are some of the best times to catch a “big red” and our team of fishermen can help you do it. Whether you take an offshore or inshore Hilton Head fishing charter, learn to fish from the pros and see if you can earn bragging rights to a trophy red.
8) Eat oysters – Here in the south, we say that months ending in “r” are the best ones to eat oysters, so before December winds down, take this last opportunity! There’s a fine art to eating an oyster (or you can just slurp it down, of course J) whether you enjoy it with a touch of lemon, hot sauce or just plain!
9) Go birdwatching – The birds are out in winter, and in fact, during Hilton Head’s last Christmas bird count they totaled up more species than ever before! Grab some binoculars and head out on a kayak in the lagoon or a Hilton Head boat tour to Daufuskie Island or Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great birdwatching. More Hilton Head birdwatching tips in the Hilton Head Outfitters blog.
10) Do nothing! After you’ve done our top 9, why not relax, unwind and do nothing :)? Kick back in your Hilton Head vacation rental from Palmetto Dunes and enjoy an ocean or palm tree view. Grab a good book, a cup of coffee and rest. Ahhh….
Palmetto Dunes offers plenty of packages to help you work in all of these things from our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership to our Spa Packages to Hilton Head tennis packages and Hilton Head golf packages. If we can answer any questions or book you a stay or tee time, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Coming to visit us in Hilton Head for your summer vacation or a weekend getaway? Make sure you have your camera packed not only to snap pictures for future memories, but to snag yourself a Palmetto Dunes gift card.
Every week through the rest of the summer we’re going to reward our loyal guests with Palmetto Dunes gift cards when you share your vacation picture with us on our various social outlets, like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here’s all you have to do:
Where to take your pic? Here’s a few of our favorite ideas to get you inspired:
Now, how can you use your gift card? Lots of ways! The gift card is accepted at any Palmetto Dunes-owned point of purchase locations. Note, it is not redeemable at the General Store. Here’s just a few of the ways you can splurge:
How would you use your gift certificate? Let us know and start thinking now of the perfect Palmetto Dunes shot!
Most people will start 2012 with a list of resolutions like:
We’d like to offer you a resolution list that’s not only more fun to achieve but also gives you tasks you can complete with your friends or family.
We hope these resolutions spice up your usual list and that on the very top of your 2012 list it says: Plan a Palmetto Dunes vacation! Happy New Year and we hope to see you all in 2012!
It’s that time of year again … time to deck the halls and trim the tree! Most of the decorating decisions come down to white or colored lights, which ornaments will be on the front of the tree and what bows to put on your wreath. Why not try something a little different this year with a beach-themed holiday? Here are a few ideas to make your winter décor feel a little more tropical.
This holiday, instead of just wishing you were out of the snow and in the sand, bring the beach to your home with your decorations. We’d love to see how your family decorated this holiday season so please feel free to share your pictures with us on Facebook! Happy Holidays.
Many couples dream of a beach wedding with the tide rolling behind them and their toes in the sand. The team at Palmetto Dunes helps that dream come true for many a bride and groom every year. Here’s what many of them had to say about their amazing ceremonies:
On Saturday, May 21, 450 athletes will test their strength, endurance and mental toughness by participating in the Hilton Head Triathlon presented by CalU. Beginning at 7 a.m., you’ll see these men and women complete a 500-meter swim, 20-km bike ride and finish up with a 5k run.