Kick back, relax and get on island time at the second season of Parrot Palooza, an island-themed summertime show at Shelter Cove Harbour. Taking the stage Thursdays June 19-August 14 from 7-9 p.m. is popular local entertainer Shannon Tanner with his Jimmy Buffet Tribute band Shannon Tanner & the Oyster Reefers.
Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to boogie down to your favorite Buffet and other Caribbean and island tunes. Listen for songs like “Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season,” “The Island Song,” “Secret of Life” and “Coast of Marsielles.”
Shannon Tanner is best known for his family-friendly show for the past 26 years at HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour. You can catch that show – and his famous beanie hat – Monday-Wednesday & Fridays through Labor Day at 6:30 & 8 p.m.
Parrot Palooza was a hugely popular event when it started its inaugural year last summer, filling Shelter Cove with large crowds! Be sure to enjoy some of the best Hilton Head Island waterfront dining at one of seven Shelter Cove restaurants, including the brand new La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria and Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill. You might even be able to snag an outdoor seat and enjoy dinner and the show at the same time!
Don’t miss Parrot Palooza on your Hilton Head vacation this summer! It’s free and open to the public and all ages are welcome. Catch ya in Margaritaville!
For more information about booking your Hilton Head summer vacation, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call 866-650-4130.
Once again this fall, Thursdays at Shelter Cove Harbour mean live music, beautiful sunsets and lots of food and drink! The Music on the Harbour concert series, which brought big crowds to the popular shopping and dining village overlooking Broad Creek last fall and earlier this spring, will return in October for four Thursdays.
From 6-9 p.m., October 3, 10, 17 and 24, local bands will take the stage at Shelter Cove. Get out your dancing shoes and dance the night away as the sun sets behind you over Broad Creek. The Headliners will perform October 3 & 17, while Target Band will entertain on October 10 & 24.
While there’s always plenty of dining available at Shelter Cove Harbour when you’re ready for dinner, a new addition this fall is Taste on the Harbour which will run at the same time as the concert series. Shelter Cove restaurants will provide small plates of food by Neptune Statue for a sampling of what they have to offer. There will also be drink specials, including $3 beers, $4 wines and $5 cocktails.
The event is entirely free to attend, though it is weather dependent. Stay tuned to the Palmetto Dunes Facebook page and Twitter account for updates and cancellations. Additionally, no coolers or outside food are allowed at the event.
Here’s a video of last fall’s Music on the Harbour event to give you a sneak peak of the fun you can expect:
See you at Shelter Cove this fall!
Part of the experience of the beach is enjoying outdoor entertainment, either under the South Carolina sun or at nighttime under the stars. Hilton Head Island offers a myriad of ways you can enjoy live shows from kids’ performances to concerts to solo performers. Here’s a list of current schedules to get you started!
The Dunes House
One of our favorite spots on Hilton Head Island is the Dunes House located within our resort. Open only to guests of the resort and property owners, the Dunes House is a big perk of staying with us! Located right on the beach, you can enjoy good food and great ocean views.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the Dunes House has live entertainment from either singer/guitarist Luke Mitchell or the Spanish Guitar Trio. Both are popular favorites and offer varieties of easygoing music that sets the tone for a relaxing evening at the beach. The Dunes House also has Lobster Night on Tuesdays and Snow Crab Night on Fridays. Check out their current calendar here.
Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza
Located conveniently on the Robert Trent Jones Hilton Head golf course within the resort, Big Jim’s is a family-friendly Hilton Head restaurant with a variety of fare from salads and chicken to a range of burgers and plenty of BBQ. Enjoy live music from Luke Mitchell Thursdays from 5-9 p.m.
Shelter Cove Harbour
If you’ve got kids with you, don’t miss the Shannon Tanner Show at HarbourFest Monday-Thursday at Shelter Cove Harbour with shows at 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Family performer Shannon Tanner entertains for his 25th year with kid-friendly tunes, lyrics you’ll never forget and his famous beanie propeller hat! Be sure to get your kids their own hat that Tanner can sign with an inspirational message each year they attend. Come on Tuesday evenings and enjoy fireworks at dusk, weather permitting through mid August.
A new addition to the summer line-up at Shelter Cove for 2013 is Parrot Palooza on Fridays, starting at 7 p.m. Enjoy an island-themed sunset celebration with live entertainment from Shannon Tanner and the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band.
Many of the restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour also offer live music many nights during the summer. Try San Miguel’s, Little Venice or Scott’s Fish Market to get you started. Just follow the music!
Where’s your favorite spot to enjoy live music in Hilton Head? Hopefully, it’s one of the places we mentioned above :-). What song do you love to hear when at the beach?
There are just certain things you MUST do on any vacation and of course, here on Hilton Head Island, we think there are a few items that should be on every visitor’s bucket list. Here is the Palmetto Dunes’ Hilton Head Bucket List for every island vacationer:
1) Get your picture taken at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove Harbour – This iconic statue at Shelter Cove Harbour, just across from the resort, is actually a sundial. But a pic with this guy is a favorite of vacationers, so add it to your list and post it on Facebook (while you’re there, post it on our Facebook, too)!
2) Eat at the Dunes House – Open only to resort guests and property owners, the Dunes House is a perk you can’t pass up. It’s a restaurant and bar situated right on the beach with delicious fish tacos and yummy frozen cocktails.
3) Catch a fish – Head out in our 11-mile inland lagoon with Captain Trent and see if you can catch a “big red” (reddrum or red fish). Kids, try for a flounder!
4) Get a beanie hat and have it signed by Shannon Tanner – If you visit during the summer, head over to HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour Monday-Thursday at 6:30 or 8 p.m. and catch the famous family performer Shannon Tanner. You must hear him sing “Your Hair Had a Party Last Night” and then you have to get your very own beanie hat (like his) and have him sign it with an inspirational message.
5) Eat the cinnamon rolls at the General Store – There’s no better way to start your morning in Hilton Head than with these sweet pastries from the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Ride your bike over and eat up! Just get plenty of napkins…
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – This is one of our most popular water sports that we offer at Hilton Head Outfitters, located inside the resort. Get lessons from our paddleboard instructor or let him take you out on a group tour of our lagoon. You’ll work your abs, burn lots of calories and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
7) Spot a dolphin – Keep your eye out when at the beach for our favorite friendly mammals. You’ll likely see their fins pop up out of the water. They also often swim up into inlets and tidal creeks, which may be a quieter place to find them during the busier months.
8) Try for a hole in one – Head to one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and see if you can hit a hole in one. You may improve your odds with a golf lesson from our super fun director of golf instruction Doug Weaver.
9) Try your hand at tennis – All guests of the resort enjoy two hours of free tennis court time daily with each night’s accommodation, so there’s no reason not to see if you and tennis are a “match.” We also offer tennis clinics and lessons every day, along with private instruction.
10) Take a nighttime beach walk – Grab a flashlight and take a moonlit beach walk. You’ll enjoy seeing another side of Hilton Head by night. Just keep watch for sea turtle nests, mamas or babies and stay out of their way. Light can disorient them so keep flashlights off if you spot them.
What’s on your Hilton Head bucket list? What did we miss? For more information about tennis, golf, accommodations or other activities, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-744-7558.
January is the month where many Americans are gung-ho with their list of New Year’s resolutions. Lots of people are hitting the gym and checking out the health food isles at the grocery store, but we’ve also heard many people say they also resolve to spend more time with family. If you’ve been trying to get your immediate, or extended, family together for a while or want to plan a family reunion, why get the gang together at Palmetto Dunes?
Between our beautiful homes and villas, three world-renowned golf courses, tennis, bikes, fishing, shopping and the beach, every person in your family will be happy and entertained. What many people don’t realize when deciding where to stay Hilton Head is that when you stay with Palmetto Dunes, you get the best deals available on all the activities at the resort, as well as lagoon activities and boat charters out of Shelter Cove Harbour. You also get two free hours of tennis time each day!
Shelter Cove Harbour, just across the road from the resort, is also a great place to take the fam, because there are plentiful restaurants to enjoy each night and a variety of shops to peruse. Our group planners can even help create a special dinner at The Dunes House or a more formal party to celebrate your family reunion.
So, ring up your family, start matching up calendars and settle on a date. Then give us a ring at 866-744-7558 or click here and we’ll handle the rest.
We hope to see your whole gang here soon!