Coming to the island for the popular RBC Heritage Golf Tournament? Make Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort your home base with access to 3 miles of beach, three outstanding golf courses, 25 tennis courts, an 11-mile inland lagoon, beachfront dining and more!
Our RBC Heritage Golf Tournament Package is designed specifically for those attending this annual tournament, which fills the island every April. By staying at Palmetto Dunes, you can enjoy the tournament by day and escape the chaos in the evenings for a relaxing retreat at our beautiful resort.
The package provides you with 4 days and 3 nights in a Hilton Head vacation villa located within the resort, three rounds of golf and your tournament tickets. The 2014 Heritage Family Fun Pack gets you 2 adult any day clubhouse tickets with children 15 and younger admitted free, as well as 4 lunch concession stand vouchers.
Plus, you don’t just get to watch golf; you can experience it yourself at our three championship Hilton Head golf courses – the Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course and the George Fazio course – each with their own unique challenges.
Guests who book accommodations through Palmetto Dunes also receive two hours of tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, as well as a special discount card that affords them the best rates on all resort activities and dining. Your family can choose from a variety of activities besides golf like riding bikes around the island, renting kayaks to paddle through our peaceful lagoon, nature cruises, fishing charters and more.
Dining at the resort includes the kid-friendly Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant that overlooks the Robert Trent Jones golf course, as well as the beachfront Dunes House. Also within the resort are the Palmetto Dunes General Store (delicious cinnamon rolls and fried chicken!), our golf course grilles, Alexander’s seafood, and HHO Prime and the XO Lounge both located at the at the Omni Hotel.
Book your RBC Heritage package soon, because the island fills up fast during this busy week! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll get you all set up.
Last week, the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport celebrated in high style as JetBlue landed its first planes at the airport, making the area the latest addition to the airline’s routes. There will now be daily flights coming into and out of Hilton Head Island from New York’s JFK and Boston Logan airports, connecting from many other cities across the country.
The addition of the airline is good news for the Lowcountry, as it adds more options for vacationers coming to the island. Already, JetBlue plans to increase the capacity of the airplanes flying into the area by 50% due to high demand, and other airlines have also lowered costs and added flights and additional seats.
On February 13, the first flights flew into the Savannah-Hilton Head International airport and the area hosted a grand celebration. Local officials and guests enjoyed blue cocktails, visits with “Forrest Gump,” comments from company executives and more. Major media, including representatives from Travel + Leisure, Southern Living, New York Magazine and others flew in for the event. Take a look at our board on Pinterest chronicling the entire event.
The Savannah/Hilton Head area has invested in a marketing effort to lure Northeasterners ready for a warm weather getaway to the Lowcountry area, which includes advertising in major outlets, as well as billboards atop taxis in New York City noting “Hilton Head is in full ‘swing’.”
Palmetto Dunes has created a package for those looking for a great airfare rate to play world-class golf in the Lowcountry. The Blue and Greens package includes a $200 JetBlue gift card per person good toward airfare, as well as 4 days/3 nights in a resort view villa, 2 rounds of golf per person at our beautiful championship Hilton Head golf courses, 3-day Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters and 2 hours of complementary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center.
We’re so excited to have JetBlue in town and hope you are, too! Be sure to check their rates before planning your next Hilton Head vacation to Palmetto Dunes.
Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to book the Blue and Greens package or for any other resort or Hilton Head vacation questions. Fly safe!
Already an owner at Palmetto Dunes or considering a primary or second home at our beautiful Hilton Head resort? Then, come enjoy our annual celebration of homeownership by celebrating the very best of the resort: the ocean, golf, tennis, biking and more. We invite you to the Owner/Guest Tournament Weekend Feb. 7-9.
What’s on tap for this weekend of fun? On Friday, enjoy tee times at all three of our championship South Carolina golf courses throughout the day. Each course offers a different playing experience and beautiful views to boot. Dunes Marketing Group will also host a tour of open houses of Hilton Head properties for sale within the resort. Be prepared, you just might fall in love!
A tennis round robin will take place from 3-5 p.m. at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which has earned us the designation of top tennis resort in the Carolinas from Tennis Magazine, and then attend a complimentary reception and dinner with cash bar at Centre Court Pavilion.
On Saturday, we’ll host a special golf tournament for our owners and guests at the famed oceanfront Robert Trent Jones golf course. There will be a shotgun start at 9 a.m. with scramble format with tee gifts before and prizes afterward. After the tournament, enjoy a BBQ lunch buffet at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones Clubhouse and then head out on Dunes Marketing Group’s complimentary open house tour from 3-5 p.m.
On Sunday, enjoy your favorite activities. If you love tennis, head over for some time on one of our 25 Hilton Head tennis courts or, if you’re a golfer, enjoy one more Hilton Head tee time. Guests can also feel free to bike around the resort, enjoy local shopping, kayak or canoe our 11-mile inland lagoon or enjoy a dolphin cruise or fishing charter. We’re never short of something to do here at Palmetto Dunes!
Be sure to RSVP for this amazing offering by Feb. 1. Contact Ross Javornik at 843-686-9624 or by email at rjavornik@PalmettoDunes.com.
It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, it’s just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home – Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities – Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by booking Hilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
On first glance, it may not look like the sports of baseball or tennis have much in common with golf – aside from hitting a ball – but according to Palmetto Dunes’ Director of Golf Instruction Doug Weaver, the sports actually do have several things in common.
After attending an Atlanta Braves baseball game recently, Weaver noticed that the way a baseball player hits the ball with the bat is not so different than the impact of a golfer hitting a ball on the PGA tour.
In imitation of baseball players, he offers these tips to keep in mind for hitting a golf ball effectively:
Weaver also says that tennis players tend to make great golfers, because tennis players develop the same muscles stroking a forehand that are required for a proper golf swing. These are the oblique muscles, the same ones used for laughing and coughing.
Says Weaver, tennis superstar Rafael Nadal emphasized building his obliques to increase his racket speed. He also notes that other tennis greats who’ve pursued golf include Ivan Lendl, Leyton Hewitt and Stan Smith. Golfer Jack Nicklaus was also known for playing tennis and even built a tennis court in his backyard. Weaver has seen plenty of visitors to Palmetto Dunes play one sport in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
Says Weaver, “the bottom line is you’ll play better tennis if you play golf and vice versa.” So we invite golfers to give tennis a try and tennis players to give golf a try. In fact, wouldn’t that make a great New Year’s resolution?
Here at Palmetto Dunes, we have outstanding facilities for both, making it easy to enjoy both sports on your Hilton Head vacation. Let us know if we can help you select the right golf or tennis clinic to help you get started or if we can set you up with private lessons at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or with Doug Weaver at the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy.
It’s been a good year for this South Carolina beach resort! Palmetto Dunes not only received a number of high profile honors and accolades recognizing everything from our championship Hilton Head golf courses and tennis facilities to our family friendliness and outstanding staff, but we also started several new events that were a great success.
Here’s a quick look back at our star-studded 2013:
The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center was honored to host a number of high-profile state championships for the United States Tennis Association (USTA). In May, seniors from across South Carolina headed to Hilton Head to take home top honors in the USTA South Carolina 40 & Over Championships, formerly known as the Senior Championships. Then in October, we hosted the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult Championships. Our very own Jackie Reynecke, who helped coordinate these events, was also named the South Carolina League Volunteer of the Year for the USTA.
The Tennis Center was featured in the July issue of Tennis Magazine in a large spread about the resort and was recognized again by TennisResortsOnline.com as the No. 9 Top Tennis Resort in the world and No. 4 Top Junior Tennis programs in the world. Plus, the users of TripAdvisor named the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center the No. 1 attraction in Hilton Head.
Our golf courses are always wonderful to play with their varied attributes and amazing layouts, but they were especially regarded this year. The Arthur Hills golf course got a shout-out from Golf Digest magazine as a top Hilton Head course, in an article that also designated the island as a Best Buddies Trip Destination. PGA.com selected the famous oceanfront No. 10 hole at the Robert Trent Jones golf course a “South Carolina dream hole” and we couldn’t agree more!
We also launched a brand new golf app for the iPhone and Android, which now has thousands of users. Using your phone, you can check yardage information, book your tee time, set up leader boards and order food at our golf grilles so it’s hot and ready when you finish your round. Download it by searching for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on your favorite app store.
New Events at Shelter Cove Harbour
Several events made their debut at Shelter Cove Harbour this year to great acclaim. Taste on the Harbour kicked off in March. Due to the event’s success, we hosted the event again in October, offering featured menus, drink specials and tastings from Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants on select nights combined with live music from local island bands.
Additionally, Parrot Palooza joined our already very popular HarbourFest summertime event, which celebrated 25 years. Shannon Tanner and the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band, entertained attendees on Friday evenings with island style music as they danced and sang the night away while the sun set over Broad Creek.
The finish off the year with a bang, Travel + Leisure magazine named Palmetto Dunes to its Top 25 World’s Best Family Getaways in its November issue. This made our resort the highest-ranking in South Carolina. The awards are based on a survey of the magazine’s readers. “Whether it’s reeling in a trophy redfish, learning how to properly swing a golf club or riding the waves on a surfboard, Palmetto Dunes has so much to offer families year round,” said Brad Marra, assistant vice president of resort operations for Palmetto Dunes.
What’s coming next year? More good things! Palmetto Dunes will be launching a brand new device-responsive website, using the latest online booking technology and designed for ease of use by our wonderful guests. For golfers, the Jones course will be adding new GPS-enabled touch screen systems for all golf carts, which offers course fly-overs, yardage, hole information and more. There’s so much more in store… you’ll just have to come visit us to see it all!
For more information about vacationing at Palmetto Dunes, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-744-7558 to get started booking your spring or summer Hilton Head getaway.
Come December, January and February we see a lot of our friends from up north visit the island for a week, for a month or even for several months. We welcome them with open arms to give them the opportunity to soak up the warmth of a southern winter and enjoy the many fun and varied activities we have at the resort.
Here are the top 6 things we think Canadians and Northerners love most about Palmetto Dunes:
1) The Obvious: It’s Warmer - Here on Hilton Head Island, the average winter high temperatures stay in the 60’s, giving Canadians a break from the freezing temperatures and a chance to get outdoors and work off some of that northern chill on the golf course or biking. See average highs by month at Palmetto Dunes.
2) It’s Active – There’s no sitting around lounging in your Hilton Head vacation home here at Palmetto Dunes… unless that’s all you want to do. We give you plenty of options to keep you busy from two hours of free tennis court time with each night’s stay to three championship Hilton Head golf courses to choose from to Hilton Head bike rentals, kayaking and fishing. There’s no reason to ever use the word “bored” at Palmetto Dunes!
3) It’s Green – It’s so nice to see green when you’ve been staring at snow white for several weeks. Our golf courses offer rolling greens, and you can enjoy an exceptional pace of play during the off season to boot. Enjoy the palmetto trees (the Sabal palmetto is the South Carolina state tree) standing stately in the sun and on warmer days, see a variety of wildlife coming out to catch some rays.
4) It’s Fun – Canadians -- and all guests – will no doubt find themselves grinning as they stroll the beach, beat par and reel in a big red here at the resort. We offer so much to do and it’s all smile-inducing!
5) It’s on the Ocean – Who doesn’t love to listen to the waves crash, feel their toes in the sand and take a calming beach walk? There’s just something about coming to the ocean that melts all the stress (and snow!) away – anytime of year.
6) It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – In addition to all the great things we mentioned above, it really is the most wonderful time of year and what better way to spend the holidays than at Palmetto Dunes! We offer a variety of packages to cater to anyone visiting with us, including our Monthly Stay and Sports Membership, Winter Escape Special, monthly golf and tennis memberships, bike rentals and more.
Are you ready to escape the snow and frigid cold? Come visit us this winter and get out of the big chill! Our temperatures, friendly faces and unlimited activities will warm you up in no time. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to book your Hilton Head vacation today.
Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
If you’ve ever played our Hilton Head golf courses, then you know just how gorgeous they are with their lush greens, live oaks around every corner and even views of the Atlantic on the Robert Trent Jones course. But have you ever seen our courses from above? We doubt it!
We’ve created new 3-D animated “flyovers” of each of our South Carolina golf courses to give you a bird’s eye view before you hit the greens. Simply go to the individual web page for each course listed below and click on the link to view the flyover.
Once you’re on the flyover, choose which hole you’ve like to soar above and get ready to fly! Each view shows you par for the hole, as well as the distance from each of the tees. Pause at any point to take a more detailed look.
Watching these flyovers is helpful for golfers, because it shows you all in one glance the obstacles you’ll face at each hole and allows you to formulate a plan of how to get there.
Don’t forget to check out our Hilton Head webcam at the Robert Trent Jones course, as well, to see real-time, on-the-ground action at the golf course. Both of these options are great ways to be “on the course” even when you’re stuck at your desk.
Be sure to browse some of our amazing fall golf packages that let you play golf at all three of our championship courses, improve your game at our Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy and enjoy other activities like fishing and biking.
Let us know what you think of the new flyovers and we hope to see you teeing off soon!
Shooting your age is a coveted accomplishment for any golfer, because it not only means you’ve lived a relatively long life, but that you’re still a pretty good golfer. Leo Luken, 95, a longtime player at the Hilton Head golf courses at Palmetto Dunes, where he lives, recently reached that feat for an incredible 1000th time. On Tuesday, September 24, Luken shot 47-45 for 92 at the George Fazio golf course.
Luken didn’t start playing golf until the age of 45 and shot his age for the first time at 71. He plays golf several times a week and usually shoots his age – or better – two out of three rounds. Formerly a pitcher for the Fort Wayne (Ind.) Zollner Pistons, he holds a spot in the Kentucky and Indiana sports halls of fame.
Luken participated in the Shoot Your Age Championship in Florida 2005, which aired nationally on CBS, shooting his age for the 530th time and bettering his age by six shots. He ended up winning the tournament, besting even Arnold Palmer.
“Yeah, [one of the players] thought I was lying,” says Luken. “Before we teed off the first day down at the championship, he was walking around introducing himself and asking guys how many times they’d shot their age. One guy said 12, and another said 30. When he got to me, I said, ‘529,’ which was the number at that time. [He] threw up arms and said, ‘Get outta here.’ The next day I made it 530 and won the tournament.”
Have you ever shot your age? Do you think you could do it 1000 times? Here’s hoping you can, just like Leo Luken!
If you want to give it a shot, our 30-day Hilton Head golf membership is a good place to start. It gives you plenty of chances to hit the mark!
Who wouldn’t want to call the beauty that is Hilton Head Island “home”? If you’ve ever pondered moving to the island or buying a second home here, we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you to explore your options!
Our new Real Estate Discovery Package gives you not only a fabulous vacation to Hilton Head, but tours of our current listings at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. We’ll also educate you about second home options and the benefits of rental income with the help of Dunes Marketing Group. They’ll explain how existing owners make a strong weekly rental income in addition to having their very own “home away from home” when they visit.
The Real Estate Discovery Package includes 10-15% off select home and villa rentals within the resort for as many nights as you’d like to stay, member rates on all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses, two free hours of tennis court time daily at the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center and all the best rates on resort activities.
While you’re visiting, you’ll “live” like a property owner with access to the beachfront Dunes House restaurant and member discounts. Part-time residents also take advantage of our monthly golf memberships and sports memberships, as well as weekly, monthly and annual rentals and memberships for bikes, kayaks and canoes from Hilton Head Outfitters.
For more information about our Real Estate Discovery Package, simply request a quote here.
Search our available listings right now to start envisioning your dream home! We hope to have you as a neighbor soon here at Palmetto Dunes!
Summer is coming to a close, but that’s no reason to deny your buddies more rounds of golf! Text them now and make plans for long weekend to Hilton Head Island for golf, football, fishing and good times. We’ve got 5 good reasons why:
1) The weather is usually awesome! Average highs on Hilton Head Island in September and October range from the mid 70’s to the mid 80’s. While we can’t promise sunny skies every day, they are the norm during the autumn season. Just think… no sweat, and a nice ocean breeze!
2) Get a FREE round when you book by September 15 – Book a group of 12 or more and stay a minimum 3 nights and get a fourth round of golf FREE, plus free replays as available! More golf is never a bad thing… Here are the details.
3) Get three varied experiences – Here at Palmetto Dunes, a top South Carolina golf resort, we offer three different championship golf courses with varied challenges, views and experiences.
4) Play golf by the ocean – Our Robert Trent Jones golf course is one of only two Hilton Head golf courses with oceanfront holes. Tackle our famed par-5 10th hole right on the Atlantic and see if you can beat the ocean breeze to come under par. If you don’t, the view will make up for it!
5) Tell everyone you rode on a Segway – Make golfing with the guys even more fun by ditching the golf cart and hopping on a Segway. Enjoy a laugh as your friends – and you – learn how to balance this amazing piece of technology.
There, did we convince you?! Submit your request for a quote right here or call us directly at 866-744-7558. Let the competition begin!
Where do you go when you want to have fun with your best buds? Golf Digest says Hilton Head, and we agree, of course! Lucky for you, Palmetto Dunes is located on Hilton Head and home to the finest golf courses on Hilton Head Island! There’s no better choice than Palmetto Dunes for your group golf trip, where we specialize in providing a top-notch, first-class golf experience!
In their December 2012 issue, Golf Digest ranked their top 36 destinations for a “Best Buddies” getaway. Hilton Head came in at No. 9, with our Arthur Hills course named as a key golf course. Golf Digest editors created the list by surveying panelists of more than 1000 avid golfers who rank their biennial
America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses.
To add to Hilton Head’s impressive list of awards, the island was named No. 8 for Best Value, No. 8 for Best Courses, No. 9 for best weather, No. 10 for best food and drink, No. 10 for best lodging, and No. 7 as best for couples (Palmetto Dunes offers great romance packages for you and your special someone).
Throughout March, we’re giving you even more incentive to come play golf with your buddies at Palmetto Dunes and see if you agree with Golf Digest! When you book a golf group, you’ll get your fourth round free AND free replays based on availability. When your group plays golf at Palmetto Dunes, we also provide a dedicated on-site group coordinator, as well as complimentary range balls and yardage books plus resort discounts and free tennis court time!
Another great thing about a Hilton Head guys getaway (or girls!) to Palmetto Dunes is all the OTHER activities we offer to keep you busy. Get everyone together for a deep sea fishing charter or kayak through our peaceful inland lagoon. Run on the beach or bike some of Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike paths. We also offer two hours of free tennis daily for each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation villas. We’ll keep you as busy as you want to be!
Request a group golf rate proposal here and be sure to check out all our great Hilton Head golf packages, some of which include lessons and other activities. We promise you’ll love your stay and our championship golf courses!