Families know what a wonderful place Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is for all ages and once again the resort has been recognized for its family-friendly atmosphere. The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine ranked the resort No. 23 in their list of World’s Best Family Resort Getaways in the November issue on newsstands now. Palmetto Dunes was the highest ranking South Carolina resort on the list.
“We see the joy in families’ faces as they experience all the fun activities we have to offer here at Palmetto Dunes, so we are incredibly pleased that the readers of Travel + Leisure have ranked us as one of their favorite family resorts in the world,” says Brad Marra, assistant vice president of resort operations for Greenwood Communities and Resorts, the owner of Palmetto Dunes. “Whether it’s reeling in a trophy redfish, learning how to properly swing a golf club or riding the waves on a surfboard, Palmetto Dunes has so much to offer families year round.”
What makes Palmetto Dunes such an ideal getaway for families? Well, let us give you a few reasons…
1) Junior Golf - Kids can learn to play golf at one of the resort’s three championship golf courses through the Little Swingers program for ages 4-7. The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy also offers a variety of junior instructional programs for ages 6-18, and families can learn the sport of golf together as part of Family Golf School. Additionally, kids younger than 10 play golf free after 4 p.m. when accompanied by a parent paying regular rate at all three courses. The Robert Trent Jones course also offers permanent junior tees, and the George Fazio course has markings of 150 yards or less.
2) Junior Tennis - The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers shortened tennis courts for players 10 and younger per new regulations from the U.S. Tennis Association. They have 27 junior tennis programs each week between March and Labor Day and during holidays. Popular clinics include the Short Shots Clinic, which combines tennis fun with motor skills development for ages 4 and 5, and the Super Shots Clinic, which incorporates in-depth instruction on each stroke with fun activities for ages 5 through 8.
3) Unlimited Activities – Kids can learn to fish or crab with Hilton Head Outfitters, enjoy our summertime Surf School, rent and ride bikes around the resort’s 5 miles of paved paths, attend HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour during the summer months for fireworks and kid-friendly performer Shannon Tanner and more.
4) Family-Friendly Dining - Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones golf course and the oceanfront Dunes House, open to resort guests and property owners, both welcome children and offer specials kids menus.
5) Top-notch accommodations - Families can choose to stay at one of the many homes and villas located within the resort during their Hilton Head vacation. We have a vacation rental program and offer a variety of options from 1-bedroom villas to 6-bedroom homes for multi-family travel. We also offer special packages designed just for families that include the best of the resort’s activities.
Additionally, families who book through the resort enjoy special discounts on resort activities, including two hours of free tennis court time daily.
Thanks to the readers of Travel + Leisure for voting for our resort. We hope to see your family for generations to come! For more information about the resort or to book an upcoming vacation, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
January is the month where many Americans are gung-ho with their list of New Year’s resolutions. Lots of people are hitting the gym and checking out the health food isles at the grocery store, but we’ve also heard many people say they also resolve to spend more time with family. If you’ve been trying to get your immediate, or extended, family together for a while or want to plan a family reunion, why get the gang together at Palmetto Dunes?
Between our beautiful homes and villas, three world-renowned golf courses, tennis, bikes, fishing, shopping and the beach, every person in your family will be happy and entertained. What many people don’t realize when deciding where to stay Hilton Head is that when you stay with Palmetto Dunes, you get the best deals available on all the activities at the resort, as well as lagoon activities and boat charters out of Shelter Cove Harbour. You also get two free hours of tennis time each day!
Shelter Cove Harbour, just across the road from the resort, is also a great place to take the fam, because there are plentiful restaurants to enjoy each night and a variety of shops to peruse. Our group planners can even help create a special dinner at The Dunes House or a more formal party to celebrate your family reunion.
So, ring up your family, start matching up calendars and settle on a date. Then give us a ring at 866-744-7558 or click here and we’ll handle the rest.
We hope to see your whole gang here soon!
There’s no doubt that kids of all ages (including adults!) love Shannon Tanner, a longtime fixture at Harbourfest in Shelter Cove Harbour, our hallmark event of the year. Tourists and locals come from near and far to do the “crazy hair dance” and see Shannon don his trademark beanie each summer night while singing song after family-friendly song. But one recent visitor had an even more memorable experience than most: bonding with his daughter in a moment that he’ll never forget. This father wrote us to tell us how his 8-year-old daughter was upset that she was missing her school’s father/daughter dance because of their recent Hilton Head vacation. A little sad, she and her family headed out to Harbourfest and found themselves along with many families enjoying the fun that is Shannon Tanner. He writes: “It was about that time in the show where you asked the little girls to grab their dads for a song you were about to do. For the first time in the day she got excited and grabbed my hand and dragged me up to dance with her. You then sang a song I had never heard before and it was a moment in my life that I will never forget. It was Cinderella. As I listened to the words, I related to the song and couldn't hold back my emotions as I held my little girl while we danced together.” Later that night, she told him she was so happy because she got to dance with her dad after all. “I melted right then and there,” said the dad. “I have since downloaded the song from iTunes and can't listen to [it] without remembering that night and getting emotional.” We’re so glad that this family will have happy memories of Shelter Cove, Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head forever, and we hope you’ll come make your own memories, as well.