Hosting a holiday party this season? We’ve got the perfect Hilton Head catering team to feed your crowd and wow them over with a delicious and festive holiday feast.
Heading up Palmetto Dunes Catering is Executive Chef Don Reinheardt, who was recently promoted from Catering Chef after joining the company in March. Chef Reinheardt has worked at luxury hotels, resorts and clubs throughout North America and the Caribbean for the last 20 years and served as an apprentice chef under Chef Waldo Brun at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.
Also joining the team is Lindsay Thompson, the new Catering and Events Sales Manager. Lindsay, who previously worked for Starwood Hotels at the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, will be in charge of planning the catering portion of your event.
Chef Reinheardt and his team of culinary experts can cook up a delicious Lowcountry holiday menu for you and your guests. Choose from a range of options – both casual and upscale -- including a Low Country Boil, barbeque, slider platters, she crab soup, crab cakes and fried green tomatoes.
You can also choose a buffet style-layout or plated dinners from a romantic dinner for two under the mistletoe to a rousing party of more than 200! We also deliver directly to your home, office or other venue for larger orders.
So let Palmetto Dunes Catering do the work this year so you can truly enjoy your Hilton Head party or family gathering. Call us at 866-650-4130 to place a holiday catering order or schedule an event while there’s still time!
Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
We’d like to wine and dine you at a special event coming up at Palmetto Dunes for wine lovers. From 6-9 p.m. on Friday, November 15, we’ll be hosting a Fall Wine and Dine with wine tastings, hors d’oeuvres and wines available for purchase at the Centre Court Pavilion, 20 Carnoustie Road, inside the resort.
At the event, we’ll feature more than 20 different wines around the world for tasting. Each wine will be professionally poured and we’ll have information regarding each selection. Take time to sniff and sip each one to find your favorites. Some of the wines we’ll feature include Chalk Hill Sonoma Chardonnay, Roth Alexander Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Simi Russian River Pinot Noir, Peirano Immortal Zin, Bishop's Peak Chard, Gerard Bertrand Cremant de Limoux and Lyric Pinot Noir by Etude.
To accompany each wine, our catering team has created a special hors doeuvres menu. We’ll have a variety of hors d’oeuvres stations featuring delicious dishes and cheeses. Choose from pan-seared diver scallops with jalapeno-creamed corn; stuffed beef Wellington with black truffle demi glace, roasted asparagus and pancetta; artisan cheeses with charcuterie and pickled vegetables; sweet chili-glazed baby back ribs and white cheddar mac ‘n cheese; and fall vegetable salads, seasonal vegetables and young greens in an aged sherry vinaigrette. You won’t leave hungry!
If you like what you taste, let us cater your next gathering, bringing all the flavors of the season to your home or office this holiday.
Once you’ve honed in on your top wines, we’ll have them available for purchase at wholesale prices. This is a great chance to stock up on your favorites and buy some holiday and host/hostess gifts, as well.
The event is $50/person and reservations are required by Tuesday, November 12. Please call 843-686-9136 to reserve your spot.
Please join us for this fun social event at Palmetto Dunes. For information about accommodations at the resort, please visit our Hilton Head vacation rental listings, browse our Hilton Head vacation packages or give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Dunes House or Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones course to have your full Thanksgiving dinner – with all the trimmings – prepared for you, no dishwashing required!
If this sounds like a Thanksgiving dream come true, think about heading to Palmetto Dunes this Turkey Day. Reserve one of our beautiful vacation homes or villas for your immediate or extended family. Many of our luxury Hilton Head vacation homes have 5 and 6 bedrooms to make sure everyone has plenty of space, but can still gather round the TV for football or large dining table should you decide to stay in and order from our Gourmet Thanksgiving To-Go.
You’ll have several options for Thanksgiving dinner if you spend the holiday with us. The oceanfront Dunes House will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m-5 p.m. on Thursday, November 28. Choose from a variety of starters, sides, entrees and desserts. Does Crab Stuffed Salmon or Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes tickle your fancy? How about Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie for dessert? They’ll also have the traditional roast turkey, as well as classic Turkey Day sides like green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes with gravy.
Seating is limited for this popular buffet, so reserve early by calling 843-686-9136. Reservations required. The all-you-can-eat buffet is $29.95/person and $14.95 for kids 12 and younger.
Another choice is a plated Thanksgiving dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones course from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Enjoy a golf course view and stuff yourself full of oyster corn chowder, roast turkey, cranberry sauce, mac & cheese, collard greens, pumpkin or pecan pie and more. The dinner is $18.95/person or $9.95 for kids 12 and younger. Reservations are recommended by calling 843-686-9136.
If you’d like to have Thanksgiving dinner in the privacy of your own Hilton Head vacation villa or home, you can order a gourmet dinner to-go from Big Jim’s. Your dinner to-go includes roast turkey and top round of beef, choice of three sides, and pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert. You’ll need to order by November 24 at 5 p.m. and then pick it up fresh and warm on November 28 starting at 11 a.m. The to-go gourmet dinner is $15/person with a minimum two-person order. You can also just order a whole roast turkey for $35. Call 843-686-9136 to order.
View the complete Thanksgiving Day menus for each restaurant.
Once you’ve had your fill of delicious food, you’ll be fueled and ready for a day of shopping on Black Friday. Head to Shelter Cove Harbour to see Santa on Friday, November 29, when he arrives at noon. Target Band will perform 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., and the Harbour shops will feature special sales.
Not shopping? Enjoy a round of golf on one of our three courses or enjoy a tennis lesson or clinic. We have endless activities during the holidays at Palmetto Dunes for you and your family!
To book your Thanksgiving accommodations, dinner and activities at Palmetto Dunes, give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy Turkey Day!