So, you decided over the holidays to get your extended family together again in 2013 for a warm weather vacation? Why not come to Hilton Head and Palmetto Dunes and keep everyone busy with our multitude of activities from golf and tennis to biking and kayaking?! Not to mention three miles of peaceful, private beachfront! We’ve got the perfect spot for you to stay with us: 193 Mooring Buoy.
Go ahead, close your eyes, now picture a gorgeous southern home with a grand staircase leading up to the door, a bright blue pool in back overlooking our 11-mile inland lagoon, a lovely deck with pool view, a cook’s kitchen and five beautifully decorated bedrooms. Can you see it?! Enjoy all of that plus the perks of staying with us on your next Hilton Head vacation! Plus, for a limited time you can rent this home at a discounted rate for spring or summer season! This lovely home gives you plenty of space to spread out and enjoy your family without being on top of one another. The living room, dining room and kitchen all offer views of the pool and lagoon, so it’s unlikely you’ll be inside very much with the outdoors beckoning.
If someone in your family loves to cook, they’ll enjoy the expansive kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances. The dining room seats six with room for four more in the breakfast nook.
There are two master suites, perfect for the parents and grandparents, or two sets of parents traveling together. Both offer king beds, sitting areas and flat screen TVs. One even offers a shower with six showerheads for scrubbing the sand off all the kids at once!
There are three other bedrooms, two of which have twin beds and one with a queen bed. Another bonus den has a queen sleeper sofa and private bath.
Sound good? You also get two hours of FREE tennis daily when you book this Hilton Head vacation home and the best rates on all Palmetto Dunes activities like Hilton Head bike rentals, golf and kayaking in the lagoon right behind your home!
Book 193 Mooring Buoy today by calling 866-744-7558 , get your family vacation planned in advance and save some $$!
When you vacation in Hilton Head you don’t want to lose all the momentum you’ve built by doing a consistent fitness routine at home. But instead of doing the same old workout, why not get creative when you’re on vacation and as they say: “do as the locals do.”
There are lots of ways to workout in Hilton Head, but here are our favorites that will score you points for creativity but still having you working up a sweat.
1) Paddleboard Yoga – Paddleboarding is currently the fastest growing water sport and it’s tough enough on its own, but add yoga to the mix and you’ve got an unusual but extreme challenge. Who doesn’t want to brag they did Downward Facing Dog on a paddleboard?! Both the Jiva Yoga Center, located at 1032 William Hilton Parkway, and Outside Hilton Head, located in Shelter Cove Harbour, offer this unique form of exercise which challenges you not just to stand on a paddleboard (which can be hard enough) but to do yoga poses (like headstands!) on the board.
2) Cardio Tennis – Tennis fans will love this workout option. Cardio Tennis aims to keep your heart rate up for an extended time for a maximum workout. It focuses on drills and instructors use heart monitors to ensure you reach your target heart rate. Cardio Tennis classes vary during the off season so please call us at 866-744-7558 to verify class times.
3) Run or yoga on the beach – You’re at the beach, so take advantage of it for your exercise routine! Enjoy sunrise yoga or a sunset run on the beach. Running is more challenging in sand because it works your lower leg muscles more, but it’s also easier on your joints. You can also try biking with our fat tire bikes available from Hilton Head Outfitters or just a speed walk while admiring the scenery.
4) CrossFit Hilton Head – CrossFit is a fitness trend that’s gaining in popularity with even ESPN2 broadcasting the annual CrossFit games. CrossFit uses basic workout moves like squats, pull-ups, jump rope and the occasional tire flipping to give you a “tough” workout. The workout, called a WOD (workout of the day), changes daily to constantly mix things up. Everyone is also encouraged to lift weights with guidance on proper form. You’ll know you worked out after a CrossFit session. In Hilton Head, you can find CrossFit at CrossFit Hilton Head located at 6 Bow Circle.
5) Head to a local gym – Of course, you can always head to the local gym for a day pass if you just can’t imagine not using the Elliptical for a week. Just outside the resort, walking distance from your Hilton Head vacation home or villa, is Lava Fitness. Other Hilton Head gyms include Beach City Health and Fitness, Odyssey Health Club, Powerhouse Gym, Progressive Health and Fitness Center and more.
Of course, you can always choose one of our active vacation packages that include Hilton Head bike rentals, daily free tennis when you book accommodations through Palmetto Dunes, kayaking, golf and more. We like to stay active here at this South Carolina resort!
Here in Hilton Head where most days the skies are blue and the weather is mild, there is plenty to do to keep active during the winter months. Here are our top 10 winter activities on Hilton Head Island:
1) Polish your golf game – Our Hilton Head golf academy offers a variety of classes for golfers all winter long. Learn to play more carefree like Bubba Watson, improve your mental golf game or enjoy daily 50-minute clinics on different skills. See our winter golf academy schedule. Or just head out for a round with some pals. Winter is a great time to play golf in Hilton Head, as the crowds of summer are long gone, making for better pace of play, and temperatures are mild.
2) Ride a bike! – With some 50 miles of paved bike paths on Hilton Head Island, there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the beauty of our island. Hilton Head Outfitters offers Hilton Head bike rentals for every member of your family, including cruisers, kiddie carts, tag-a-longs and child seats.
3) Get in a cardio workout by playing tennis – Tennis gets the blood pumping for sure and the milder weather makes for more comfortable outdoor play. Try a Hilton Head tennis lesson from our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center or take it up a notch with our Cardio Tennis class offered during the winter months on holidays.
4) Shop! – There are plenty of unique boutiques and stores on Hilton Head to make sure you head home with a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your Hilton Head vacation. Try Shelter Cove Harbour waterfront shops or shop our Hilton Head golf pro shops and tennis pro shop for some great finds.
5) Kayak or canoe the lagoon – Plan to rent a kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters and head out mid afternoon, when the weather should be at its warmest. Enjoy a peaceful tour of our 11-mile inland lagoon system, take in the wildlife and see Palmetto Dunes in an entirely new way.
6) Take a walk on the beach and look for shells – With fewer people visiting Hilton Head in the winter, you’ll enjoy a quiet stroll and have a better chance of finding some great shells. Keep your eye out for dolphins in the surf and see what kind of treasures have washed ashore. Here are more tips on beachcombing in Hilton Head.
7) Catch a redfish! – Fall and winter are some of the best times to catch a “big red” and our team of fishermen can help you do it. Whether you take an offshore or inshore Hilton Head fishing charter, learn to fish from the pros and see if you can earn bragging rights to a trophy red.
8) Eat oysters – Here in the south, we say that months ending in “r” are the best ones to eat oysters, so before December winds down, take this last opportunity! There’s a fine art to eating an oyster (or you can just slurp it down, of course J) whether you enjoy it with a touch of lemon, hot sauce or just plain!
9) Go birdwatching – The birds are out in winter, and in fact, during Hilton Head’s last Christmas bird count they totaled up more species than ever before! Grab some binoculars and head out on a kayak in the lagoon or a Hilton Head boat tour to Daufuskie Island or Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great birdwatching. More Hilton Head birdwatching tips in the Hilton Head Outfitters blog.
10) Do nothing! After you’ve done our top 9, why not relax, unwind and do nothing :)? Kick back in your Hilton Head vacation rental from Palmetto Dunes and enjoy an ocean or palm tree view. Grab a good book, a cup of coffee and rest. Ahhh….
Palmetto Dunes offers plenty of packages to help you work in all of these things from our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership to our Spa Packages to Hilton Head tennis packages and Hilton Head golf packages. If we can answer any questions or book you a stay or tee time, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Finding the right holiday gift for every person in your life can be more than a little stressful! But when you come shopping in Hilton Head, you’re likely to find some unique gift items to both surprise and delight your family and friends. To help you with your holiday shopping, we’ve compiled some of our favorite gift ideas from around our famous South Carolina resort and neighboring Shelter Cove Harbour.
For the golfer:
For the tennis player:
For the outdoor enthusiast:
For an artistic or unique gift:
Here are more holiday deals at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and Shelter Cove Harbour. If you can’t make it in person to shop, feel free to give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll be happy to ship.
How far along are you on your holiday gift list? Will any of these golf gifts, tennis gifts or other ideas make your list? Happy shopping!