This Hilton Head vacation rental is in a prime location with easy access to the beach, along with views of both a pool AND our beautiful 11-mile inland lagoon system. You won’t have to look far to realize you’re on vacation here!
Newly-renovated in 2012, 165 Mooring Buoy is a four-bedroom, four-bathroom home that can accommodate up to 12 overnight guests, so it’s perfect for a large family, an extended family or two families traveling together.
Walk up the dual front staircases into a large living room with hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, skylights, brand new furniture and classic Lowcountry plantation shutters. You’ll also find a 50-inch flat screen TV for the few moments you won’t want to be outside!
Off the living area is a den with a sleeper sofa, as well as a fully-equipped kitchen with stainless appliances and hardwoods along with a breakfast area where you can seat four. Eight more people can sit around the dining room table, and don’t miss the wine bar and cooler also off the living room where you can chill your favorite vintage and enjoy a glass as you gaze out at the peaceful lagoon.
Of the four bedrooms, two are downstairs, one offering a new King Jamison bed and Jacuzzi tub in the adjoining bath and the other with two new twin Jamison beds with adjoining bath. Upstairs are the third and fourth bedrooms, each with an adjoining bath, one with a king bed and the other with a queen bed.
You’ll get to fully enjoy the Carolina sunshine with the amazing outdoor features of this Hilton Head vacation home. There is a large deck around the pool with a Webber gas grill for family gatherings. An outdoor table sits four while the rest of the crew can relax on the new lounge chairs. There’s also a washer/dryer to keep you in clean swimsuits and private parking to boot.
Remember, with all Hilton Head vacation homes booked through Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center each day of your stay. You also enjoy the best rates on all resort activities like our three championship golf courses, Hilton Head bike rentals, resort dining and more. Check out all of our amazing vacation packages or give us a call directly at 866-744-7558 and we’ll customize a stay just for your family.
Hope to see you at 165 Mooring Buoy soon!
Dunes House or Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones course to have your full Thanksgiving dinner – with all the trimmings – prepared for you, no dishwashing required!
If this sounds like a Thanksgiving dream come true, think about heading to Palmetto Dunes this Turkey Day. Reserve one of our beautiful vacation homes or villas for your immediate or extended family. Many of our luxury Hilton Head vacation homes have 5 and 6 bedrooms to make sure everyone has plenty of space, but can still gather round the TV for football or large dining table should you decide to stay in and order from our Gourmet Thanksgiving To-Go.
You’ll have several options for Thanksgiving dinner if you spend the holiday with us. The oceanfront Dunes House will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m-5 p.m. on Thursday, November 28. Choose from a variety of starters, sides, entrees and desserts. Does Crab Stuffed Salmon or Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes tickle your fancy? How about Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie for dessert? They’ll also have the traditional roast turkey, as well as classic Turkey Day sides like green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes with gravy.
Seating is limited for this popular buffet, so reserve early by calling 843-686-9136. Reservations required. The all-you-can-eat buffet is $29.95/person and $14.95 for kids 12 and younger.
Another choice is a plated Thanksgiving dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones course from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Enjoy a golf course view and stuff yourself full of oyster corn chowder, roast turkey, cranberry sauce, mac & cheese, collard greens, pumpkin or pecan pie and more. The dinner is $18.95/person or $9.95 for kids 12 and younger. Reservations are recommended by calling 843-686-9136.
If you’d like to have Thanksgiving dinner in the privacy of your own Hilton Head vacation villa or home, you can order a gourmet dinner to-go from Big Jim’s. Your dinner to-go includes roast turkey and top round of beef, choice of three sides, and pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert. You’ll need to order by November 24 at 5 p.m. and then pick it up fresh and warm on November 28 starting at 11 a.m. The to-go gourmet dinner is $15/person with a minimum two-person order. You can also just order a whole roast turkey for $35. Call 843-686-9136 to order.
View the complete Thanksgiving Day menus for each restaurant.
Once you’ve had your fill of delicious food, you’ll be fueled and ready for a day of shopping on Black Friday. Head to Shelter Cove Harbour to see Santa on Friday, November 29, when he arrives at noon. Target Band will perform 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., and the Harbour shops will feature special sales.
Not shopping? Enjoy a round of golf on one of our three courses or enjoy a tennis lesson or clinic. We have endless activities during the holidays at Palmetto Dunes for you and your family!
To book your Thanksgiving accommodations, dinner and activities at Palmetto Dunes, give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy Turkey Day!
Flying to see us soon? You’ll be happy to know you have yet another way to get to Hilton Head Island quickly and inexpensively. JetBlue recently announced it will add service to the Savannah/Hilton Head International (SAV) airport, its 50th destination, with flights from New York’s JFK and Boston’s Logan airports. The Savannah/Hilton Head International airport is just a few exits down I-95 from the Hilton Head Island exit, making it a convenient and easy way to get to the island.
Beginning Feb. 13, 2014, there will be two daily round-trip flights to JFK and one daily round-trip from Boston. From these airports, you can connect to other destinations, such as Denver, Los Angeles, Albuquerque and San Francisco.
They’re currently offering special $89 one-way fares for travel between Feb. 13-April 10, 2014, so we highly recommend booking your Hilton Head spring break airfare now! To book flights and check rates, visit www.jetblue.com.
Regarding the Boston flights, JetBlue’s vice president of network planning Scott Laurence says, "Bostonians work hard, and they need more great places to get away. Savannah/Hilton Head is an easy weekend getaway or vacation, and priced right so our customers can get away more often." We couldn’t agree more! Now, you’ve got one more reason to come and enjoy all that Hilton Head Island and Palmetto Dunes has to offer from tennis and golf to biking and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
JetBlue carries 29 million customers a year to 79 cities in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America with more than 700 daily flights. On JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is not required. Your first checked bag is also free on JetBlue, and they offer a range of amenities like free DirectTV, free SiriusXM Radio and satellite WIFI.
Would you consider JetBlue for your next flight into Hilton Head?
Be sure to check out our Fall Escape Special with three FREE nights when you book four nights, plus free daily tennis and discounts on golf, bike rentals and more. Good for bookings through Oct. 31, 2013.
Families know what a wonderful place Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is for all ages and once again the resort has been recognized for its family-friendly atmosphere. The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine ranked the resort No. 23 in their list of World’s Best Family Resort Getaways in the November issue on newsstands now. Palmetto Dunes was the highest ranking South Carolina resort on the list.
“We see the joy in families’ faces as they experience all the fun activities we have to offer here at Palmetto Dunes, so we are incredibly pleased that the readers of Travel + Leisure have ranked us as one of their favorite family resorts in the world,” says Brad Marra, assistant vice president of resort operations for Greenwood Communities and Resorts, the owner of Palmetto Dunes. “Whether it’s reeling in a trophy redfish, learning how to properly swing a golf club or riding the waves on a surfboard, Palmetto Dunes has so much to offer families year round.”
What makes Palmetto Dunes such an ideal getaway for families? Well, let us give you a few reasons…
1) Junior Golf - Kids can learn to play golf at one of the resort’s three championship golf courses through the Little Swingers program for ages 4-7. The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy also offers a variety of junior instructional programs for ages 6-18, and families can learn the sport of golf together as part of Family Golf School. Additionally, kids younger than 10 play golf free after 4 p.m. when accompanied by a parent paying regular rate at all three courses. The Robert Trent Jones course also offers permanent junior tees, and the George Fazio course has markings of 150 yards or less.
2) Junior Tennis - The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers shortened tennis courts for players 10 and younger per new regulations from the U.S. Tennis Association. They have 27 junior tennis programs each week between March and Labor Day and during holidays. Popular clinics include the Short Shots Clinic, which combines tennis fun with motor skills development for ages 4 and 5, and the Super Shots Clinic, which incorporates in-depth instruction on each stroke with fun activities for ages 5 through 8.
3) Unlimited Activities – Kids can learn to fish or crab with Hilton Head Outfitters, enjoy our summertime Surf School, rent and ride bikes around the resort’s 5 miles of paved paths, attend HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour during the summer months for fireworks and kid-friendly performer Shannon Tanner and more.
4) Family-Friendly Dining - Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones golf course and the oceanfront Dunes House, open to resort guests and property owners, both welcome children and offer specials kids menus.
5) Top-notch accommodations - Families can choose to stay at one of the many homes and villas located within the resort during their Hilton Head vacation. We have a vacation rental program and offer a variety of options from 1-bedroom villas to 6-bedroom homes for multi-family travel. We also offer special packages designed just for families that include the best of the resort’s activities.
Additionally, families who book through the resort enjoy special discounts on resort activities, including two hours of free tennis court time daily.
Thanks to the readers of Travel + Leisure for voting for our resort. We hope to see your family for generations to come! For more information about the resort or to book an upcoming vacation, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Many school systems around the country have switched to year round school, which often results in a longer fall break for kids, sometimes up to two weeks. But whether you have two weeks, one week or just a long weekend for fall break, spending it in Hilton Head is a good choice!
The weather is ideal with high temperatures in the 70s and low 80s, and sports fans will love our choice of outdoor activities. Plus, if a certain someone in your family just can’t miss their favorite team’s football game, we’ve got plenty of places for that, too!
The Sun ‘N Fun Island Escape and the Ultimate Family Package are perfect for families looking for an adventurous beach getaway. The packages start with a minimum three nights of accommodations and include bike rentals, kayak rentals, spa services, golf and more starting at $59 per person per night.
Adventure-seekers will love our Outdoor Adventure Package that lets you kayak, bike, play tennis and enjoy a dolphin cruise. It includes three nights of accommodations, a two-hour kayak rental through our 11-mile inland lagoon system, three days of bike rentals to explore Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike trails, a cruise from Shelter Cove Marina to see Hilton Head’s friendliest mammal, the dolphin, and two hours of tennis court time daily.
Fishing in the resort’s 11-mile lagoon heats up in autumn when the red fish start to spawn. The resort has stocked the lagoon with more than 6000 red fish, and there’s even a 60-plus pound red fish that has been nicknamed “Elvis”. See if you can catch him! Fishing is catch-and-release, and fishing charters are available through Hilton Head Outfitters.
Golfers can hit the greens on one of three award-winning Hilton Head golf courses at the resort, all recently aerified and looking great. We also offer fall golf packages that combine private instruction, tee times and accommodations, such as the Golf Stay & Play Package. The Group Golf Getaway is ideal for friends and family of 12 or more and includes three nights of accommodations, three rounds of golf, as well as discounts on all resort activities and pro shop purchases.
The fall schedule is filled with plenty of tennis action at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, named the Top Tennis Resort in the Carolinas by Tennis Magazine. The Banana Open Challenge October 4-6, the USTA On-Campus Fall Invitational October 11-13, the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult and 55 & Over Championship October 17-21, and the Annual Wild Wing Café Nutty Buddy Tennis Classic November 1-3 offer plenty of chances to be a spectator or to play in these tennis tournaments.
And where can your family member go to catch some football action? Hilton Head Island has plenty of sports bars, and right here within the resort, Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza restaurant located on the Jones golf course offers plenty of big screen TVs, so they won’t have to miss a single pass.
We hope to see you in Hilton Head this fall! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your fall vacation to Hilton Head Island today.
It’s not hard to imagine yourself kicking back and enjoying island life at 9 Starboard Tack … just take one look at the decks. This lovely Hilton Head vacation home features a wrap-around deck, and because it’s elevated, it offers beautiful views of our 11-mile inland lagoon system.
This amazing home can sleep up to 11 guests, whether you’d prefer to have plenty of room for your immediate family or want to travel with another group or extended family. Inside, you’ll find four bedrooms , three with queen beds and one with two twins and a Futon.
Everyone can gather in the living room with a sectional sofa, flat screen TV and game table for some fun family activity at the end of a busy day. The fully equipped kitchen will allow you to cook meals at home some nights or enjoy an ample breakfast before heading out for the day. You might even head outdoors to dine on the deck.
There is plenty of parking underneath the home for visitors and guests and you’ll enjoy fishing off a private dock in the lagoon. This home offers access to a community pool and has its own washer and dryer for cleaning up sandy swimsuits!
9 Starboard Tack has varied availability in spring and plenty of availability in summer. Book it early, because this is a popular vacation home! Remember, when you book through Palmetto Dunes you receive many benefits, like two hours of free Hilton Head tennis daily, access to the Dunes House for beachfront dining and the best rates on all resort activities like golf, kayaking, fishing and more!
Take a look and more pictures of this lovely home here and call us today at 866-744-7558 to book 9 Starboard Tack.
With the holidays complete and much of the country engulfed in winter weather galore, many people are starting to plan their spring or summer South Carolina beach vacation. This is a good thing :)! When you book early, you get the worm!
We’ve got 5 reasons why you should book your beach vacation early to make sure you get the most out of your Hilton Head trip:
1) Savings! The first ( and best!) reason to book early is because you will save money. Who could argue with that?! Right now, Palmetto Dunes is offering 20% off Hilton Head vacation homes or villas plus FREE bikes for stays through 3/15/13. If you’re coming in summer, get 10% off all Hilton Head vacation rentals for stays 3/15-9/1/13, as well as free tennis! When you book your Hilton Head golf tee time in advance, you can save up to HALF off our regular resort rate. Those savings won’t last forever!
2) Take your pick – When you plan ahead of time, you get YOUR pick of Hilton Head vacation homes and Hilton Head golf tee times, as well as for activities such as dolphin cruises, charters, golf and tennis lessons and more.
3) Confirm your reservations – During our peak periods like spring break and the summer months, we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals and our most popular tee times and cruise times. By booking now, you can ensure you’ve got all the activities confirmed that your family would like to do ideally at the times you want to do them.
4) Time to plan – Want to take a day trip to Daufuskie Island or down to Savannah, planning to meet your friends from across the country for dinner, not sure whether to drive or fly? Planning now lets you take your time working out all the fine details, lets you research the most cost-saving options and ensures you’ve thoroughly looked into all the options and picked the right ones for your group.
5) Time to dream! – Of course, a big benefit of booking early is plenty of time to dream about your Hilton Head vacation. Snow piling outside the window? No worries! You’ll be in Hilton Head this spring or summer and it will all melt away. If winter’s really got you down, take a look at our webcams to give you a little pep in your step. Your vacation will be here before you know it!
Can we help you plan your spring or summer Hilton Head vacation? Call us today at 866-744-7558 and we’ll make sure you start the planning process early, get the best Hilton Head vacation villa for your needs, reserve plenty of bikes and get in all the activities your family wants to do at the time you want to do them. See you soon!