Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Dunes House or Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones course to have your full Thanksgiving dinner – with all the trimmings – prepared for you, no dishwashing required!
If this sounds like a Thanksgiving dream come true, think about heading to Palmetto Dunes this Turkey Day. Reserve one of our beautiful vacation homes or villas for your immediate or extended family. Many of our luxury Hilton Head vacation homes have 5 and 6 bedrooms to make sure everyone has plenty of space, but can still gather round the TV for football or large dining table should you decide to stay in and order from our Gourmet Thanksgiving To-Go.
You’ll have several options for Thanksgiving dinner if you spend the holiday with us. The oceanfront Dunes House will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m-5 p.m. on Thursday, November 28. Choose from a variety of starters, sides, entrees and desserts. Does Crab Stuffed Salmon or Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes tickle your fancy? How about Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie for dessert? They’ll also have the traditional roast turkey, as well as classic Turkey Day sides like green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes with gravy.
Seating is limited for this popular buffet, so reserve early by calling 843-686-9136. Reservations required. The all-you-can-eat buffet is $29.95/person and $14.95 for kids 12 and younger.
Another choice is a plated Thanksgiving dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones course from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Enjoy a golf course view and stuff yourself full of oyster corn chowder, roast turkey, cranberry sauce, mac & cheese, collard greens, pumpkin or pecan pie and more. The dinner is $18.95/person or $9.95 for kids 12 and younger. Reservations are recommended by calling 843-686-9136.
If you’d like to have Thanksgiving dinner in the privacy of your own Hilton Head vacation villa or home, you can order a gourmet dinner to-go from Big Jim’s. Your dinner to-go includes roast turkey and top round of beef, choice of three sides, and pumpkin or pecan pie for dessert. You’ll need to order by November 24 at 5 p.m. and then pick it up fresh and warm on November 28 starting at 11 a.m. The to-go gourmet dinner is $15/person with a minimum two-person order. You can also just order a whole roast turkey for $35. Call 843-686-9136 to order.
View the complete Thanksgiving Day menus for each restaurant.
Once you’ve had your fill of delicious food, you’ll be fueled and ready for a day of shopping on Black Friday. Head to Shelter Cove Harbour to see Santa on Friday, November 29, when he arrives at noon. Target Band will perform 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., and the Harbour shops will feature special sales.
Not shopping? Enjoy a round of golf on one of our three courses or enjoy a tennis lesson or clinic. We have endless activities during the holidays at Palmetto Dunes for you and your family!
To book your Thanksgiving accommodations, dinner and activities at Palmetto Dunes, give us a call at 866-744-7558. Happy Turkey Day!
Families know what a wonderful place Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is for all ages and once again the resort has been recognized for its family-friendly atmosphere. The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine ranked the resort No. 23 in their list of World’s Best Family Resort Getaways in the November issue on newsstands now. Palmetto Dunes was the highest ranking South Carolina resort on the list.
“We see the joy in families’ faces as they experience all the fun activities we have to offer here at Palmetto Dunes, so we are incredibly pleased that the readers of Travel + Leisure have ranked us as one of their favorite family resorts in the world,” says Brad Marra, assistant vice president of resort operations for Greenwood Communities and Resorts, the owner of Palmetto Dunes. “Whether it’s reeling in a trophy redfish, learning how to properly swing a golf club or riding the waves on a surfboard, Palmetto Dunes has so much to offer families year round.”
What makes Palmetto Dunes such an ideal getaway for families? Well, let us give you a few reasons…
1) Junior Golf - Kids can learn to play golf at one of the resort’s three championship golf courses through the Little Swingers program for ages 4-7. The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy also offers a variety of junior instructional programs for ages 6-18, and families can learn the sport of golf together as part of Family Golf School. Additionally, kids younger than 10 play golf free after 4 p.m. when accompanied by a parent paying regular rate at all three courses. The Robert Trent Jones course also offers permanent junior tees, and the George Fazio course has markings of 150 yards or less.
2) Junior Tennis - The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers shortened tennis courts for players 10 and younger per new regulations from the U.S. Tennis Association. They have 27 junior tennis programs each week between March and Labor Day and during holidays. Popular clinics include the Short Shots Clinic, which combines tennis fun with motor skills development for ages 4 and 5, and the Super Shots Clinic, which incorporates in-depth instruction on each stroke with fun activities for ages 5 through 8.
3) Unlimited Activities – Kids can learn to fish or crab with Hilton Head Outfitters, enjoy our summertime Surf School, rent and ride bikes around the resort’s 5 miles of paved paths, attend HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour during the summer months for fireworks and kid-friendly performer Shannon Tanner and more.
4) Family-Friendly Dining - Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones golf course and the oceanfront Dunes House, open to resort guests and property owners, both welcome children and offer specials kids menus.
5) Top-notch accommodations - Families can choose to stay at one of the many homes and villas located within the resort during their Hilton Head vacation. We have a vacation rental program and offer a variety of options from 1-bedroom villas to 6-bedroom homes for multi-family travel. We also offer special packages designed just for families that include the best of the resort’s activities.
Additionally, families who book through the resort enjoy special discounts on resort activities, including two hours of free tennis court time daily.
Thanks to the readers of Travel + Leisure for voting for our resort. We hope to see your family for generations to come! For more information about the resort or to book an upcoming vacation, give us a call at 866-744-7558.