Shelter Cove Harbour, Palmetto Dunes’ waterfront marina and entertainment district, offers many wonderful choices for dining and more than 150 waterfront tables! Choose from six restaurants, serving everything from Mediterranean to Mexican and Italian to seafood – all with fantastic views.
San Miguel’s Mexican Café
Gather the girls for an afternoon margarita or bring the family for some fish tacos at San Miguel’s. Enjoy a daily happy hour, plus live entertainment from 5:30-9:30 p.m. nightly.
Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill
Did you know you could see belly dancing on Hilton Head Island?! You can at Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill on Fridays throughout October and November from 7-9 p.m. They’re also currently offering a dinner special of $29.95/person that includes the soup of the day or side salad, the chef’s special entrée and a dessert.
La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria
La Fontana is a great place to watch football while you’re visiting Hilton Head. The new Italian restaurant has six big screen TVs, an outdoor bar and plenty of drink specials.
At gourmet restaurant Bistro 17, be an early bird and get a special deal. Those who choose to dine with them between 5 and 6 p.m. get 15% off, plus a free glass of house wine.
Scott’s Fish Market
Scott’s Fish Market has a different deal every day. For example, on Tuesdays get a free bottle of wine with the purchase of two main course entrees, while on Thursdays join in their Lobster Love Fest! On Saturdays and Sundays, they host a special football lunch from 11:30 a.m. -3 p.m.
ELA’s Blu Water Grill
A favorite of celebrities, ELA’s waterfront restaurant has live entertainment Thursday-Sunday evenings and features a Sunday brunch from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., also with live music.
Now, you’ve got six different places to try, all offering some great fall dining deals and fantastic views! While you’re there, be sure to enjoy Shelter Cove’s outstanding shopping , as well as Music & Taste on the Harbour Thursdays through Oct. 23 for free live music, dancing and small bites from Shelter Cove restaurants.
Afraid Hilton Head Island prices are beyond your reach? Think again! Palmetto Dunes, especially in the off season, which includes the holidays, may be more economical than you thought.
From October 2014-March 2015, we have rates for a two-bedroom resort view villa starting at only $159/night! And unlike a traditional hotel room, you get a full villa with many of the amenities of home like a full kitchen and dining area and a washer/dryer, which makes packing so much easier. Our villas also have TVs, wireless Internet access and many have porches, balconies or decks to enjoy Lowcountry views, as well as gyms, pools and elevators. Additional bedrooms and ocean views are available for a higher starting rate.
Plus, when you book through Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you get even more value for your nightly rate, including two free hours of tennis daily and 20% off resort dining and items at select retail outlets. Our guests also receive preferred rates and priority access to our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and golf lessons, Hilton Head tennis clinics, Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, fishing charters and more.
Got a pooch who wants to join you at the beach? No problem! We offer several Hilton Head pet-friendly accommodations during this season.
Always dreamed of spending the holidays watching the waves crash after your turkey dinner or opening gifts? These prices remain the same during Thanksgiving or the December holiday break, too – an amazing deal!
Fall and winter are wonderful seasons to visit the island with much milder temperatures than you’ll find up north and all the same fun Lowcountry activities available. Take a look at our recent blog on 7 Fall Activities to do on Hilton Head Island.
Let us know if we can get that $159/night rate locked in for you and your family! Give us a ring at 866-650-4130 and browse our Hilton Head vacation rentals to find the perfect vacation home for your visit.
Whether you’re looking for a casual burger or a more upscale meal, you’ll find it at Shelter Cove Harbour, which is home to a variety of Hilton Head restaurants all close to the marina and many offering a waterfront view.
Centrally located on the island across from Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina is a Mediterranean style shopping and entertainment district with activities for all ages from fishing and kayaking to jet packing and parasailing. When it comes to dining, patrons have a great selection from Italian to Mediterranean and beyond.
Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants include:
La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizza
Curb your craving for Italian at La Fontana whose owners and chefs hail directly from Naples, Italy. La Fontana serves authentic Italian cuisine and pizzas and features a patio and outdoor bar for enjoying the views.
Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill
Experience fresh Lebanese cuisine right in the midst of the Lowcountry at Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill, which opened in summer 2014. The restaurant is known for its healthy selections, which include steaks, lamb, seafood and vegetables, as well as gluten-free and vegetarian options. It also has an outdoor bar with marina views.
One of the most popular spots in Shelter Cove Harbour is San Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant. During the warmer months, this Hilton Head Mexican restaurant often has live music and it offers outdoor seating, as well. You’ll want to be sure to try a margarita at San Miguel’s and, of course, their fish and shrimp tacos!
Scott’s Fish Market
One of the most established restaurants at Shelter Cove Harbour is Scott’s Fish Market, which has been around for more than 20 years. Located marina-front right next to the iconic Neptune Statue, the restaurant has a large outdoor dining area and specializes in seafood, steaks and pastas.
ELA’S Blu Water Grille
A hot spot for celebrities visiting the island, ELA’s is a fine dining Hilton Head restaurant with a beautiful water view. Paula Abdul and Jane Seymour have each been spotted dining at the restaurant. ELA’s is known for its fresh catch seafood, steaks and wine selection.
Another gourmet establishment at Shelter Cove Harbour is French restaurant Bistro 17. Entrees at Bistro 17 include duck confit, rack of Colorado lamb, steak frites and wild salmon. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily and it has a newly expanded dining area overlooking the water.
Which Hilton Head restaurant is your favorite at Shelter Cove Harbour? Which would you like to try next?
The fall forecast for Hilton Head Island? AWESOME! We want you to come on down and enjoy the mild weather, Carolina sunshine and great activities that make autumn a wonderful time of year to visit Hilton Head Island.
Here are 7 of our favorite fall activities on Hilton Head Island and at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Music & Taste on the Harbour – Is there anything better than live music outdoors with a beautiful view? We put it all together at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, located just across Highway 278 from the Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Every Thursday, through October 23, Shelter Cove will feature live music from local bands along with light appetizers and drink specials from Shelter Cove restaurants. It’s a free event, so don’t miss the fun!
2) Fishing – It’s hard to top fall fishing on Hilton Head Island. The red fish are especially abundant, because they spawn, forming large schools, during fall. We have more than 6000 red fish, ranging in size from 1-40 pounds, stocked in our 11-mile inland lagoon, so you’re bound to catch one. If you’d like to have some “reel” fun, head out with Captain Trent Malphrus, who knows all the right spots, on one of our Hilton Head fishing charters!
3) Biking – With the milder temperatures, it’s a great time to hop on a bike and explore the 25 miles of paved bike paths within the resort or venture beyond to the more than 50 miles of paved paths across the island. Stop by Hilton Head Outfitters for the perfect bike rental, options for kids and all the bike accessories you’ll need.
4) Kayaking – Another great activity for all ages here at the resort is kayaking or canoeing. Enjoy a peaceful paddle in our lagoon system and take in the beautiful natural surroundings and golf course views. Hilton Head Outfitters rents kayaks and canoes, including singles and doubles for families who want to bring along young kids. You can also fish from our kayaks and canoes.
5) Beachcombing – Autumn can be the perfect season to search for shells. The beaches are not as crowded and the sun isn’t beating down on you quite so much. Keep your eye out for various shells, shark teeth and even the occasional Native American artifact! Here are more beachcombing tips for Hilton Head Island.
6) Golf – Challenge your best friends to a round – or several rounds – of golf at our three varied, championship Hilton Head golf courses. We offer lots of benefits for groups, such as stocked beer, logoed merchandise and access to our TripCaddie app that lets you track scores and even award trophies! Get a group golf quote here.
7) Tennis – You can work up a sweat playing tennis at one of our 25 courts in a hurry, but in fall you won’t be quite as soaked. Enjoy some of the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center fall tennis tournaments like the Banana Open Challenge, take a Hilton Head tennis clinic offered daily or try our Cardio Tennis class for a real calorie-burning workout!
What activity are you most looking forward to this fall on Hilton Head Island? If we can help you plan your fall Palmetto Dunes vacation, visit our new website at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Fall is a great season to visit Hilton Head Island. The pace is a little slower, the air a little cooler and the prices a little lower :). Another great reason to travel here in the fall is to enjoy the annual concert series held at Shelter Cove Harbour that features local musicians, some of the best food in town and one of the island’s most magnificent views.
On Thursday evenings from September 11-October 23, Shelter Cove Harbour presents Music & Taste on the Harbour from 6-9 p.m. Each event will feature live music from different local bands right along the marina with plenty of dancing as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Look for performances from Target the Band, The Chilly Willy Band, The Headliners and more.
Two featured Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants will also set up around the famed Neptune Statue with light appetizers and drink specials for purchase throughout the evening. Participating restaurants include Bistro 17, ELA’s Blue Water Grille, La Fontana, Scott’s Fish Market, San Miguel’s and the new Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill.
The event kicks off September 11 at 6 p.m. with The Headliners and food and drink stations from all participating Shelter Cove restaurants. Admission to all of the events is free, and donations of canned food will be accepted for the Deep Well Project, a nonprofit organization that helps people in emergency situations.
Bring an empty stomach and your dancing shoes and get ready to enjoy Hilton Head Island at its fall finest.
Right across the street from Palmetto Dunes is Shelter Cove Harbour, our Mediterranean-style marina, dining and shopping village. Ride your bike beneath Highway 278 to access the marina or hope a ride on the free Dunes Buggy during the summer season.
There, you’ll find many different unique boutiques, gourmet restaurants with waterfront views and all sorts of fun activities that you can do in and around the harbour and marina. Here are 7 of our favorites:
1) Take a Hilton Head fishing charter – Several different fishing charters operate out of Shelter Cove Marina, including Gullah Gal, True Grits and Bayrunner. You can choose to go inshore fishing, offshore fishing, wreck fishing and even shark fishing!
2) Go jetpacking – You only live once (#YOLO), so why not give jetpacking a go? It’s definitely a bucket list item. Blast off over Broad Creek with HHI Jetpack.
3) Rent a kayak – The waters of Broad Creek are a great spot to explore via kayak. Look for dolphins, birds and even the occasional otter and manatee as you navigate our waters with your Hilton Head kayak rental.
4) Go parasailing – Get a view of Broad Creek from above with Parasail Hilton Head. Get 10% off your ride using code “Web.”
5) Ride a bike – Rent bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters and pedal over from Palmetto Dunes. Explore all Shelter Cove has to offer from restaurants to shopping to views and entertainment by bike!
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – Outside Hilton Head offers stand up paddleboards, or SUP, for rent out of Shelter Cove Marina. It’s one of the fastest growing water sports and a total-body workout that uses your core, legs and upper body as you balance and paddle through the water. If you’re really daring, try SUP yoga!
7) Go water skiing – Get the whole family in on this activity. With Family Ski Day, you get several hours to tube, water ski, wake board and knee board for up to six people.
What activity would you most like to try at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina?
Hilton Head Island offers many unique boutiques and stores for locals and those on vacation, who are looking for something wonderful to take home. With the addition of a new women’s boutique at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina, there’s yet one more stop on your Hilton Head shopping spree.
Opened by the owner of Christmas on the Harbour, also located at Shelter Cove, Seasons offers stylish resort wear, tops, skirts, maxi dresses, purses, jewelry and other accessories. The inventory will refresh each season to allow shoppers to find new pieces throughout the year. Seasons’ clothing is also selected to be easy to care for and travels well for visitors who will bring their purchases home with them in a suitcase.
Owner Bonnie Kriscovich and April Hinton, store manager, jumped at the opportunity to open a women’s boutique in the waterfront shopping area. “We are going to host trunk shows and really create relationships with our clients,” says Hinton. “I really want people to say ‘I want to go check out what April just got in!’”
You’ll find Seasons located between Christmas on the Harbour and Neptune’s Niche at Shelter Cove. The store opens daily at 10 a.m. with variable closing hours depending on the season. For more information on hours or items in store, please call (843)-842-9911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you’re shopping, be sure to enjoy lunch or dinner at one of the new restaurants at Shelter Cove Harbour. Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill serves homemade Lebanese cuisine, while La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria offers Nepalese style cuisine and pizzas. Both Hilton Head restaurants offer outdoor seating and bars with views of Broad Creek.
There is no shortage of ways to have fun with your friends on Hilton Head Island, but here’s one way you may not have heard about: a Hilton Head party fishing boat. Gather a big group of up to 60 family and friends together and get ready to explore the beautiful marshes and waterways of Broad Creek while competing to reel in the biggest catch.
Available out of Shelter Cove Harbour across from Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, the Captain Hook is a 70-foot boat that can be chartered by groups. Billed as the “largest and most comfortable party fishing boat on Hilton Head Island,” the Captain Hook has a full galley, enclosed cabin, shaded sitting areas for fishing, two clean restrooms and plenty of room to catch some rays on the top deck.
Choose which type of Hilton Head fishing charter you’d like to enjoy aboard Captain Hook, including inshore shark fishing, offshore wreck fishing or night shark fishing with HarbourFest fireworks on Tuesday nights. The trips range from 3 to 5 1/2 hours and start at $53/person and $43/person for children 12 and younger for a three-hour tour. The cost includes bait, tackle, rod and reel rental, instructions and fish cleaning. A fishing license is not required.
Plan to bring your own small cooler (beer in cans is allowed) or purchase food on the boat, including hot dogs, pizza, cheeseburgers, candy, beer, water and soda. The food bar is cash only. You can also buy T-shirts onboard as a souvenir of your trip! Plan to wear shorts or long pants, a T-shirt, swimsuit, jacket, hat, and sneakers or boat shoes. No flip flops, please.
To schedule your Hilton Head party fishing charter, give us a call at 843-785-1700. Have a blast!
If you like to fish, but are looking for an even bigger adventure, try shark fishing. Captain Miles Altman and Bayrunner offer shark fishing charters out of Shelter Cove Marina throughout summer, a great time to hunt for sharks.
Around Hilton Head Island you can find many different types of sharks like Atlantic sharp nose, blacktips, spinners, dusky, lemon, bull and tiger sharks. Captain Miles says that at times in the summer, it’s hard not to catch one! “You haven’t been to Hilton Head until you have caught a shark,” he says.
Captain Miles says sharks can be lots of fun to catch, and kids especially will enjoy the battle and later bragging rights. What kid wouldn’t love to share a picture of his freshly caught shark with all his or her friends?
Blacktips and spinners like to add an aerial aspect to the battle, says Captain Miles, while bulls and tigers offer a brutish slugfest guaranteed to leave you with some sore muscles. Expect to have a bent rod by the time you’re finished!
Check out this video of a huge 10-foot tiger shark caught in Hilton Head after a two-hour fight.
Fishing with Captain Miles is a great experience, as he’s been trolling the waters of the Atlantic for more than 40 years and knows just where to find the best Hilton Head sharks.
The Bayrunner is a 24-foot boat that holds four people for a 3-hour evening shark fishing excursion. Book your shark fishing charter by calling us at 866-650-4130. W can’t wait to see your pictures!
Kick back, relax and get on island time at the second season of Parrot Palooza, an island-themed summertime show at Shelter Cove Harbour. Taking the stage Thursdays June 19-August 9 from 7-9 p.m. is popular local entertainer Shannon Tanner with his Jimmy Buffet Tribute band Shan Tan & the Oyster Reefers.
Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to boogie down to your favorite Buffet and other Caribbean and island tunes. Listen for songs like “Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season,” “The Island Song,” “Secret of Life” and “Coast of Marsielles.”
Shannon Tanner is best known for his family-friendly show for the past 26 years at HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour. You can catch that show – and his famous beanie hat – Monday-Wednesday & Fridays through Labor Day at 6:30 & 8 p.m.
Parrot Palooza was a hugely popular event when it started its inaugural year last summer, filling Shelter Cove with large crowds! Be sure to enjoy some of the best Hilton Head Island waterfront dining at one of seven Shelter Cove restaurants, including the brand new La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria and Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill. You might even be able to snag an outdoor seat and enjoy dinner and the show at the same time!
Don’t miss Parrot Palooza on your Hilton Head vacation this summer! It’s free and open to the public and all ages are welcome. Catch ya in Margaritaville!
For more information about booking your Hilton Head summer vacation, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call 866-650-4130.