At Wine Tasting Wednesday, every Wednesday in October from 5-7 p.m. at the inside room, guests can try new wines paired with sumptuous cheeses while enjoying a beautiful oceanfront view.
The event is $10 per person first come, first served and will include different wines each week. For example, on October 15, featured wines will be:
Wine distributors will also be on hand to answer your most burning wine questions J.
Come enjoy wine and cheese on your fall Hilton Head vacation! Stroll over or ride your bike from your Hilton Head vacation home and meet us at the Dunes House. See you there!
The fall forecast for Hilton Head Island? AWESOME! We want you to come on down and enjoy the mild weather, Carolina sunshine and great activities that make autumn a wonderful time of year to visit Hilton Head Island.
Here are 7 of our favorite fall activities on Hilton Head Island and at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Music & Taste on the Harbour – Is there anything better than live music outdoors with a beautiful view? We put it all together at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, located just across Highway 278 from the Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Every Thursday, through October 23, Shelter Cove will feature live music from local bands along with light appetizers and drink specials from Shelter Cove restaurants. It’s a free event, so don’t miss the fun!
2) Fishing – It’s hard to top fall fishing on Hilton Head Island. The red fish are especially abundant, because they spawn, forming large schools, during fall. We have more than 6000 red fish, ranging in size from 1-40 pounds, stocked in our 11-mile inland lagoon, so you’re bound to catch one. If you’d like to have some “reel” fun, head out with Captain Trent Malphrus, who knows all the right spots, on one of our Hilton Head fishing charters!
3) Biking – With the milder temperatures, it’s a great time to hop on a bike and explore the 25 miles of paved bike paths within the resort or venture beyond to the more than 50 miles of paved paths across the island. Stop by Hilton Head Outfitters for the perfect bike rental, options for kids and all the bike accessories you’ll need.
4) Kayaking – Another great activity for all ages here at the resort is kayaking or canoeing. Enjoy a peaceful paddle in our lagoon system and take in the beautiful natural surroundings and golf course views. Hilton Head Outfitters rents kayaks and canoes, including singles and doubles for families who want to bring along young kids. You can also fish from our kayaks and canoes.
5) Beachcombing – Autumn can be the perfect season to search for shells. The beaches are not as crowded and the sun isn’t beating down on you quite so much. Keep your eye out for various shells, shark teeth and even the occasional Native American artifact! Here are more beachcombing tips for Hilton Head Island.
6) Golf – Challenge your best friends to a round – or several rounds – of golf at our three varied, championship Hilton Head golf courses. We offer lots of benefits for groups, such as stocked beer, logoed merchandise and access to our TripCaddie app that lets you track scores and even award trophies! Get a group golf quote here.
7) Tennis – You can work up a sweat playing tennis at one of our 25 courts in a hurry, but in fall you won’t be quite as soaked. Enjoy some of the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center fall tennis tournaments like the Banana Open Challenge, take a Hilton Head tennis clinic offered daily or try our Cardio Tennis class for a real calorie-burning workout!
What activity are you most looking forward to this fall on Hilton Head Island? If we can help you plan your fall Palmetto Dunes vacation, visit our new website at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Fall is a great season to visit Hilton Head Island. The pace is a little slower, the air a little cooler and the prices a little lower :). Another great reason to travel here in the fall is to enjoy the annual concert series held at Shelter Cove Harbour that features local musicians, some of the best food in town and one of the island’s most magnificent views.
On Thursday evenings from September 11-October 23, Shelter Cove Harbour presents Music & Taste on the Harbour from 6-9 p.m. Each event will feature live music from different local bands right along the marina with plenty of dancing as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Look for performances from Target the Band, The Chilly Willy Band, The Headliners and more.
Two featured Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants will also set up around the famed Neptune Statue with light appetizers and drink specials for purchase throughout the evening. Participating restaurants include Bistro 17, ELA’s Blue Water Grille, La Fontana, Scott’s Fish Market, San Miguel’s and the new Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill.
The event kicks off September 11 at 6 p.m. with The Headliners and food and drink stations from all participating Shelter Cove restaurants. Admission to all of the events is free, and donations of canned food will be accepted for the Deep Well Project, a nonprofit organization that helps people in emergency situations.
Bring an empty stomach and your dancing shoes and get ready to enjoy Hilton Head Island at its fall finest.
There is no shortage of ways to have fun with your friends on Hilton Head Island, but here’s one way you may not have heard about: a Hilton Head party fishing boat. Gather a big group of up to 60 family and friends together and get ready to explore the beautiful marshes and waterways of Broad Creek while competing to reel in the biggest catch.
Available out of Shelter Cove Harbour across from Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, the Captain Hook is a 70-foot boat that can be chartered by groups. Billed as the “largest and most comfortable party fishing boat on Hilton Head Island,” the Captain Hook has a full galley, enclosed cabin, shaded sitting areas for fishing, two clean restrooms and plenty of room to catch some rays on the top deck.
Choose which type of Hilton Head fishing charter you’d like to enjoy aboard Captain Hook, including inshore shark fishing, offshore wreck fishing or night shark fishing with HarbourFest fireworks on Tuesday nights. The trips range from 3 to 5 1/2 hours and start at $53/person and $43/person for children 12 and younger for a three-hour tour. The cost includes bait, tackle, rod and reel rental, instructions and fish cleaning. A fishing license is not required.
Plan to bring your own small cooler (beer in cans is allowed) or purchase food on the boat, including hot dogs, pizza, cheeseburgers, candy, beer, water and soda. The food bar is cash only. You can also buy T-shirts onboard as a souvenir of your trip! Plan to wear shorts or long pants, a T-shirt, swimsuit, jacket, hat, and sneakers or boat shoes. No flip flops, please.
To schedule your Hilton Head party fishing charter, give us a call at 843-785-1700. Have a blast!
If you like to fish, but are looking for an even bigger adventure, try shark fishing. Captain Miles Altman and Bayrunner offer shark fishing charters out of Shelter Cove Marina throughout summer, a great time to hunt for sharks.
Around Hilton Head Island you can find many different types of sharks like Atlantic sharp nose, blacktips, spinners, dusky, lemon, bull and tiger sharks. Captain Miles says that at times in the summer, it’s hard not to catch one! “You haven’t been to Hilton Head until you have caught a shark,” he says.
Captain Miles says sharks can be lots of fun to catch, and kids especially will enjoy the battle and later bragging rights. What kid wouldn’t love to share a picture of his freshly caught shark with all his or her friends?
Blacktips and spinners like to add an aerial aspect to the battle, says Captain Miles, while bulls and tigers offer a brutish slugfest guaranteed to leave you with some sore muscles. Expect to have a bent rod by the time you’re finished!
Check out this video of a huge 10-foot tiger shark caught in Hilton Head after a two-hour fight.
Fishing with Captain Miles is a great experience, as he’s been trolling the waters of the Atlantic for more than 40 years and knows just where to find the best Hilton Head sharks.
The Bayrunner is a 24-foot boat that holds four people for a 3-hour evening shark fishing excursion. Book your shark fishing charter by calling us at 866-650-4130. W can’t wait to see your pictures!
Kick back, relax and get on island time at the second season of Parrot Palooza, an island-themed summertime show at Shelter Cove Harbour. Taking the stage Thursdays June 19-August 9 from 7-9 p.m. is popular local entertainer Shannon Tanner with his Jimmy Buffet Tribute band Shan Tan & the Oyster Reefers.
Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to boogie down to your favorite Buffet and other Caribbean and island tunes. Listen for songs like “Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season,” “The Island Song,” “Secret of Life” and “Coast of Marsielles.”
Shannon Tanner is best known for his family-friendly show for the past 26 years at HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour. You can catch that show – and his famous beanie hat – Monday-Wednesday & Fridays through Labor Day at 6:30 & 8 p.m.
Parrot Palooza was a hugely popular event when it started its inaugural year last summer, filling Shelter Cove with large crowds! Be sure to enjoy some of the best Hilton Head Island waterfront dining at one of seven Shelter Cove restaurants, including the brand new La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria and Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill. You might even be able to snag an outdoor seat and enjoy dinner and the show at the same time!
Don’t miss Parrot Palooza on your Hilton Head vacation this summer! It’s free and open to the public and all ages are welcome. Catch ya in Margaritaville!
For more information about booking your Hilton Head summer vacation, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call 866-650-4130.
A must-do on any Hilton head vacation is a boat charter. You just simply have to see Hilton Head Island by water and enjoy its plentiful fishing. Just across the road from Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is a deep water marina at Shelter Cove where you can find a variety of Hilton Head fishing charters from offshore fishing to shark fishing and crabbing.
Here’s a few that you can choose from on your visit to Hilton Head Island:
Hop aboard the Bayrunner, a 24-foot boat holding a group of four, and head out with a captain with more than 40 years of experience trolling the waters of Hilton Head. Learn how to hook a catch, reel it in, clean it and cook it. Watch their video:
Gullah Gal & True Grits
The 34-foot Gullah Gal and True Grits hold up to 6 people each for anywhere from a 3-hour to a 10-hour fishing excursion. You’ll head about 15 miles from shore to find monster sharks (up to 1000 pounds!), barracuda, sting rays and more, as well as enjoy wildlife like dolphins, eagles and osprey.
Board the brand new 26-foot Finatic with 10 of your closest friends for the fishing adventure of a lifetime! They offer 3-hour trips and have a dolphin guarantee, ensuring that you’ll see one of these friendly creatures. They specialize in shark fishing and also offer a Tuesday night HarbourFest fireworks cruise.
A great activity for kids, crabbing on the Crabber J takes you to Broad Creek where you’ll learn how to catch a blue crab and then release it. Whoever catches the most wins the world-famous Crabber J T-shirt! Each trip is an hour and 45 minutes. Call them directly at 843-422-5110 to book.
To book a Hilton Head fishing charter, give us a call at 866-650-4130. Here’s hoping you reel in a big one!
TripAdvisor recently released its 2014 Travelers Choice Awards, which ranked the United States’ best islands. Guess who came in at No. 9? Hilton Head Island! Says TripAdvisor of our beautiful island: “Long known as a golfer's paradise, Hilton Head Island is heaven for any type of sports enthusiast: tennis, volleyball, polo, championship golf on some of the best fairways in the United States.”
And even better, two of Palmetto Dunes’ attractions topped in at Nos. 4 and 5 as top Hilton Head attractions recommended by travelers. Users of the site voted Hilton Head Outfitters, the official bike shop and outfitters of Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, as the No. 4 out of 59 attractions reviewed on Hilton Head with more than 100 reviews. The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center came in at No. 5 with nearly 70 reviews.
Here’s what a few TripAdvisor users had to say about Hilton Head Outfitters:
“We were staying in Palmetto Dunes and found that this place had the best selection, best prices and best customer service! For no charge, they even delivered all the bikes that we reserved (which we made all the reservations online) and picked them up the day that we left. It really helped us out since we had no way of transporting the bikes ourselves. If you are looking for a bike rental during your stay in Palmetto Dunes, look no further and go here…highly recommended!”
And about the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center:
“This is a great location for a tennis vacation. There are plenty of courts for play! The clay is well kept and the condition of these courts is far better than those at Kiawah Island Resort! The pro shop is well stocked with lots of great gear! The staff [is] warm and friendly.”
How are the winners selected? The Island winners are determined based on the quality and quantity of the most highly-rated hotels, restaurants and attractions listed on TripAdvisor over a 12-month period. The attractions are ranked based on the number and quality of reviews.
It’s no surprise that several of our services ranked tops for users. In 2013, the resort, our golf courses, The Dunes House and Shelter Cove Marina all received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
Come visit Hilton Head Island for yourself and stay at Palmetto Dunes to see what all the fuss is about! Just give us a call at 866-744-7558 or visit www.palmettodunes.com. And if you had a positive experience at Palmetto Dunes, we really appreciate you sharing your opinion with others on TripAdvisor! Give us a review right here.
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.
It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, its just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by bookingHilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Grab your margarita, your Hawaiian shirt and get ready to eat your cheeseburger in paradise. Shelter Cove Harbour is debuting a new island sunset celebration this summer to give families, visitors and locals alike a new way to enjoy the summer season on Hilton Head Island.
Parrot Palooza will be on Fridays throughout the summer beginning June 21 and running through Aug. 16. Starting at 5 p.m., the festival will kick off at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove with street performers, entertainers, music, food, drinks, Caribbean-style décor and of course, a relaxed state of mind!
At 7 p.m., Shannon Tanner, known for his beloved performances at HarbourFest, now in its 25th year, will take the stage with the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band. They’ll let you dance the night away to island-style music while the sun sets behind them along the harbour.
Amidst the palm trees, parrots and margaritas decorating the area, Shelter Cove restaurants will also get into the spirit with island-themed drinks and other specials.
So if you’re looking for a fun new way to party down on Fridays with the family, look no further than Parrot Palooza. It will definitely be 5 o’clock at Shelter Cove every week at the celebration. Then enjoy all the Harbour has to offer like boutique shops, delicious restaurants, gorgeous views and more.
What do you think about Parrot Palooza? Will you join us? Hope to see you there!
There’s lots of reasons to visit Shelter Cove Harbour on Hilton Head Island year round: fabulous views of Broad Creek, a wealth of shopping, a variety of restaurants offering all range of fare, and last but not least, its musical entertainment. We can’t think of a better spot on the island to sip a cold drink, listen to live music and watch the sun set over the harbour!
Throughout Shelter Cove Harbour there are many different opportunities to enjoy live entertainment all throughout the week, especially during the spring and summer seasons. During April and May, Shelter Cove Harbour is hosting Music on the Harbour from 6-9 p.m. on Thursdays featuring a different musical act each week at the Statue of Neptune. Check out the full schedule.
San Miguel’s, a great place to order a margarita and munch some yummy fish tacos, offers live entertainment seven nights a week from 5-9:30 p.m. during the summer months. Plan on a wait at this hot spot but use your time to shop or stroll the boardwalk.
Bistro 17 is a French restaurant, offering crepes, seafood, steaks and salads. They also have a puppy menu if you’d like to bring your pooch along! Bistro 17 will offer live entertainment Monday-Saturday from 6- 9 p.m. this summer.
Ela’s Blu Water Grille is popular among locals, tourists and celebrities alike! Both Paula Abdul and Jane Seymour have dined at this gourmet restaurant when visiting the island. Ela’s, known for its fantastic view, will be hosting musical acts Tuesdays, and Thursday-Saturday from 7-10 p.m.
Scott’s Fish Market is a great spot for more casual fare and great views of Shelter Cove Marina. Their friendly Caribbean atmosphere puts you in the perfect island mood! The restaurant will bring in live entertainment every night from 5:30-9:30 p.m. during the summer months.
Lastly, Parrot Cove Seafood Grill and Bar is another great casual dining restaurant, which serves seafood, pastas, prime rib and sandwiches along with a very kid-friendly menu. Parrot Cove will offer live musical entertainment on weekends from 6-9 p.m.
No matter where you go in Shelter Cove, you’ll easily find a spot to kick back, relax and enjoy some good fare and great tunes. Let us know your favorite spot for live music and food at Shelter Cove!
Coming down to Hilton Head Island for spring break or the RBC Heritage tournament? We’ve got a fun outdoor concert series for all ages that Hilton Head vacationers and locals can enjoy every week on Thursday nights. Starting Thursday, April 4 through May 23, Music on the Harbour will host live entertainment on Thursdays at Shelter Cove Harbour.
Each Thursday from 6:00-9:00 p.m., a local band will perform an outdoor concert for free around the King Neptune statue. It’s a great opportunity to gather your family and friends and head over to Shelter Cove Harbour for dinner, live entertainment and lovely harbour views and sunsets.
Shelter Cove Harbour offers a range of delicious Hilton Head restaurants, ranging from Italian and Mexican to gourmet and seafood. The restaurants offer fabulous views of Broad Creek, and during Music on the Harbour, the sun will be setting for an even better view of the beautiful boats and marshes! Shelter Cove restaurants will be offering drink specials during the event as well, so hang around after dinner for a drink or two along the water.
Shelter Cove Harbour also offers plenty of shopping, ranging from art galleries and children’s apparel to souvenirs and jewelry. Shelter Cove Harbour is also home to Hilton Head Island’s largest deep water marina with 170 boat slips and charters for nature cruises, dolphin cruises, sport crabbing and fishing.
Here is the complete line-up for Music on the Harbour with each band performing from 6:00-9:00 p.m.:
Shelter Cove also hosted Music on the Harbour last fall to packed crowds. Take a look at this fun video of the fall concert series:
Music on the Harbour is just the start to a busy entertainment season at Shelter Cove Harbour. The annual HarbourFest kicks off with performances from our much beloved Shannon Tanner, celebrating his 25th year, May 24-26 with two shows at 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Shannon will perform Monday-Friday through Labor Day at Shelter Cove Harbour. Fireworks kick off Tuesday, June 18 at dusk and will continue on a Tuesday night schedule during the summer with a special show on Thursday, July 4.
Need help with your Hilton Head accommodations or want to golf, play tennis, rent bikes and more? Palmetto Dunes is your source for Hilton Head fun! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll get you set with a Hilton Head vacation rental and all the activities you could imagine!
When you vacation in Hilton Head you don’t want to lose all the momentum you’ve built by doing a consistent fitness routine at home. But instead of doing the same old workout, why not get creative when you’re on vacation and as they say: “do as the locals do.”
There are lots of ways to workout in Hilton Head, but here are our favorites that will score you points for creativity but still having you working up a sweat.
1) Paddleboard Yoga – Paddleboarding is currently the fastest growing water sport and it’s tough enough on its own, but add yoga to the mix and you’ve got an unusual but extreme challenge. Who doesn’t want to brag they did Downward Facing Dog on a paddleboard?! Both the Jiva Yoga Center, located at 1032 William Hilton Parkway, and Outside Hilton Head, located in Shelter Cove Harbour, offer this unique form of exercise which challenges you not just to stand on a paddleboard (which can be hard enough) but to do yoga poses (like headstands!) on the board.
2) Cardio Tennis – Tennis fans will love this workout option. Cardio Tennis aims to keep your heart rate up for an extended time for a maximum workout. It focuses on drills and instructors use heart monitors to ensure you reach your target heart rate. Cardio Tennis classes vary during the off season so please call us at 866-744-7558 to verify class times.
3) Run or yoga on the beach – You’re at the beach, so take advantage of it for your exercise routine! Enjoy sunrise yoga or a sunset run on the beach. Running is more challenging in sand because it works your lower leg muscles more, but it’s also easier on your joints. You can also try biking with our fat tire bikes available from Hilton Head Outfitters or just a speed walk while admiring the scenery.
4) CrossFit Hilton Head – CrossFit is a fitness trend that’s gaining in popularity with even ESPN2 broadcasting the annual CrossFit games. CrossFit uses basic workout moves like squats, pull-ups, jump rope and the occasional tire flipping to give you a “tough” workout. The workout, called a WOD (workout of the day), changes daily to constantly mix things up. Everyone is also encouraged to lift weights with guidance on proper form. You’ll know you worked out after a CrossFit session. In Hilton Head, you can find CrossFit at CrossFit Hilton Head located at 6 Bow Circle.
5) Head to a local gym – Of course, you can always head to the local gym for a day pass if you just can’t imagine not using the Elliptical for a week. Just outside the resort, walking distance from your Hilton Head vacation home or villa, is Lava Fitness. Other Hilton Head gyms include Beach City Health and Fitness, Odyssey Health Club, Powerhouse Gym, Progressive Health and Fitness Center and more.
Of course, you can always choose one of our active vacation packages that include Hilton Head bike rentals, daily free tennis when you book accommodations through Palmetto Dunes, kayaking, golf and more. We like to stay active here at this South Carolina resort!
We know that many of you are experiencing chilling temperatures, snowy skies and icy roads. While we can’t make it summer any earlier and we can’t raise the temperatures to the lovely mild days we’re experiencing here on Hilton Head, we can give you live updates and visuals of the beach every day! We have two webcams set up on the resort, one at The Dunes House and the other at The Robert Trent Jones Golf Course.
If you’re in need of a little golf action on a cold day, check out the webcam at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course. This beautiful course was renovated in 2002 to reshape fairways, trees, greens and bunkers. We were also able to improve the natural draining of the course by linking it to our 11-mile lagoon system. The Jones Course has 11 holes that run by the lagoon and 10th hole has a spectacular view of the ocean! This webcam is sure to make you want to pack up your clubs and head down to Hilton Head.
If you’ve had a rough week and need a minute of rest and relaxation from work, then check out The Dunes House webcam. The Dunes House is known for their awesome fish tacos and amazing view of the ocean. This webcam is situated in the perfect place to give you a view of guests enjoying lunch and watching the waves rolling in! If you’re a romantic, check this webcam on the weekends for a chance to see a wedding happening live on the beach!
We want to bring you a little piece of Hilton Head and all that Palmetto Dunes has to offer whenever you want it by maintaining these webcams. The best part is the next time you’re here you can tell your family or friends to tune in to see what a great time you’re having on vacation!
You work hard to stay in shape when you’re at home, and you certainly don’t want to let all that hard work go to waste by stopping on vacation. No worries. When you come to Palmetto Dunes, we’ve got you covered. Hilton Head Island is the perfect place to run, bike or even try something new, like beachfront yoga! Here are some options to help you return with the same, or better, beach bod that you arrived with:
Hilton Head Outfitters offers a wide variety of bicycles to rent. Guests can bike through the smooth streets, which are perfect for a calm, breezy ride. If you’re up for more of a challenge, try a vigorous ride on the beach, which can burn up to 500 calories an hour! Another Palmetto Dunes activity that really gets the blood flowing is Cardio Tennis!
If you are a yoga enthusiast, you’ve got plenty to choose from. With many yoga studios around the island, you’re sure to find the right fit! Our favorite is oceanfront yoga. What could be a better workout than practicing poses with the waves crashing serenely in the background? Beach Yoga is available in front of the Dunes House on Palmetto Dunes taught by Pamela Eaton.
If you’re interested in visiting a more traditional gym, there are several on the island to try. We have anAnytime Fitness, Beach City Health and Fitness and Players Club Fitness Center to name a few. But, if you’re looking for an awesome challenge we suggest trying CrossFit. Our own tennis maven, Jackie, attends each morning and highly recommends it!
So whether you’re into tennis, biking, running or lifting here in Hilton Head Island, we’ve got all you need to get your sweat on! Let us know if you try any of our suggestions and how they “work out”.