Are you the hostess with the mostest? Then you’ll definitely want to wow your friends, family and colleagues with a holiday party that stands out during this season packed with gatherings. Whether you want to win them over at home or socialize beachfront, Dunes Catering & Events, part of Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, is here to help you pick the perfect party venue and menu.
Who can argue with a Christmas party at the beach? Invite your northern friends down for a taste of a South Carolina coastal Christmas when you choose to have your party oceanfront at the Dunes House, a casual outdoor setting for up to 200 people. This venue regularly hosts weddings, reunions, corporate parties and more, so our staff is ready and able to decorate it to your heart’s content and prepare some fantastic Lowcountry food as you enjoy the ocean breeze.
If you’re looking for an indoor venue for your holiday function, consider the Centre Court Pavilion at Palmetto Dunes, which offers a ballroom-style setting for up to 150 party-goers. The Pavilion is a large, bright and airy room that overlooks the tennis courts and grand oak trees. It also offers a covered, open-air dining pavilion for serving guests a relaxed dinner buffet.
Whether you call the island home year-round or love to find the perfect vacation “home” away from home during the holidays, we’re happy to bring the party to you. Our team is ready to prepare a Southern meal for your guests wherever you desire. Request an event proposal here.
Wherever you choose to enjoy the company of friends and family, Dunes Catering & Events provides a delicious menu of options for dining. Choose from plated dinners, buffets or intimate dinners for smaller groups. We offer a selection of hors d’oeuvres, gourmet cheeses, carving stations, action stations (sushi bar, mashed potato bar and more), dinner menus, buffets (Lowcountry boils, Taste of the South, Southern BBQ) and a full bar and wine selection. View our menu.
Are you ready to plan your Hilton Head holiday party? Give Lou Anne or Lindsay a ring at 843-686-9623 to get started.
If you’re looking for something to shake up your holiday celebrations this year or want to start a new family tradition, consider Thanksgiving at the beach here on beautiful Hilton Head Island. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer everything you need to have the perfect family festivity and enjoy a vacation at the same time.
Our Thanksgiving Week Special combines the best of Turkey Day with all that the beach and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort has to offer. Stay at least three nights and get 10 percent off select Hilton Head vacation villas within the resort and head over to the oceanfront Dunes House restaurant for your traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner.
The package also encourages you to stay active on the holiday to burn off all those pumpkin pie calories with 20% off bike, canoe and kayak rentals, 15% off of Hilton Head golf tee times at our three championship courses, as well as two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily. Guests who book through the resort also receive merchandise and dining discounts, as well as preferred rates and priority access to all resort activities and amenities.
In addition to the package, we offer accommodation rates at our Hilton Head vacation rentals, starting at just $159 per night. For an additional cost, you can choose to dine at the Dunes House, which offers a buffet on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., or head over to Big Jim’s restaurant, which will be serving plated dinners complete with all the fixings!
If you’d prefer to have Thanksgiving dinner in the comfort of your vacation home or villa, pick up your Thanksgiving dinner to go from Big Jim’s starting at 11 a.m. on Nov. 27. Reservations are required for the Dunes House buffet, and we recommend reservations and pre-ordering for Big Jim’s in-restaurant or to-go meals. Call us at 843-686-9136.
It’s that time of year again! Time for Hilton Head’s famed HarbourFest to return to Shelter Cove Harbour to entertain thousands of visitors to the island once again this summer. Now in its 26th year, you can expect the same fun activities that have made this seasonal celebration a Southern staple for so many years.
As always, Shannon Tanner is back with both new tunes and the old classics that you love. His island-style show is entertaining for young and old, and many parents return with their own children after having watched Shannon for so many years when they were children themselves.
Don’t forget to bring your beanie hat, which Shannon is known for, so he can sign it for yet another year with an inspirational message. Shannon will be performing two shows May 24 & 25 at 6:30 and 8 p.m. and then regularly Monday-Friday at 6:30 and 8 p.m. May 26-August 31.
Cappy the Clown will also return this year Monday through Friday from 6-9 p.m. from May 26 through Labor Day. Enjoy face painting, balloon animals and other fun clown activities! On select HarbourFest nights, there will also be arts and crafts, bouncy houses and more entertainment for families.
Fireworks are one of the hallmarks of HarbourFest with the largest July 4 fireworks show on the island. There will also be fireworks, weather dependent for set up and the show, on the following Tuesdays at dusk: June 17 & 24; July 4, 8, 15, 22 & 29; Aug. 5 & 12. Watch the beautiful show light up the night sky over Broad Creek and Shelter Cove Marina and make family memories for a lifetime.
Also throughout the summer on Thursdays June 19-August 14, Shannon Tanner will perform a special Caribbean-inspired concert called Parrot Palooza. He’ll play classic tunes with his band Shan Tan and the Oyster Reefers.
What part of HarbourFest are you most looking forward to?
To book your summer Hilton Head vacation during HarbourFest, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
In town for Memorial Day weekend? Don’t miss the free annual Hilton Head Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour! For two days, May 24 and 25 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., you can browse fine art from artists across the country at this juried art exhibit.
More than 150 artists and crafts will set up at Shelter Cove to display their works and offer demonstrations. Be sure to see the Rock ‘n Roll Potter who works on his pottery wheel while accompanied by rock tunes! Other art media include clothing, baskets, jewelry, candles, sculpture, leather works, stained glass, water color, photography and more. Prices range from as little as $25 to $30,000!
The annual art festival is a great place to add to your art collection or pick up a unique hand-crafted souvenir. New this year is an art giveaway of a photograph by James Gary Richmond of a Hilton Head beachside scene. Register to win during the show and listen for the winner during the final hour.
You can also enjoy live music this weekend at Shelter Cove from 1-4 p.m. by steel drum band Positive Vibrations along with concerts by Shannon Tanner both nights at 6:30 and 8 p.m. Be sure to browse all of the unique stores at Shelter Cove and enjoy dinner at one of its fine restaurants. Many offer outdoors seating or water views of beautiful Broad Creek.
Have you ever found any great pieces at the annual art show? Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
To book your Memorial Day getaway to Hilton Head Island to enjoy golf, tennis, biking, the beach and more, call us at 866-650-4130!
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.