The holiday season is upon us and we’ve got many fun events in the works for those of you considering a Hilton Head holiday getaway. Who can blame you for wanting to gather with your family on our beautiful island with the beach just outside your door?
Hilton Head Island offers all the traditional seasonal activities, as well, like visits with Santa, plentiful holiday shopping and delicious restaurants with seasonal offerings. Here’s just a few of the events you can look forward to throughout November and December:
Santa Claus is Comin’ to Shelter Cove!
Bring the little ones across the street from Palmetto Dunes to Shelter Cove Harbour on Friday, November 28, to see Santa as he makes a quick stop at the beach to find out what every little boy and girl would like under the tree this year.
Santa arrives at noon via a fire truck where he’ll be stationed at Neptune Statue for some great Instagram-worthy Christmas pics! The fun starts long before Santa arrives around 11 a.m. with holiday music, a moon bounce house, a kiddy train ride around the marina and special offers and sales from Shelter Cove merchants.
Santa will hang around until 2 p.m. before leaving our mild beach weather to head back to the snowy North Pole.
Shelter Cove Harbour offers outstanding Hilton Head shopping with a beautiful view. Stroll through our many boutiques and shops for one-of-a-kind items like local ornaments at Christmas on the Harbour and amazing artwork from Nash Gallery. The newest store to open at the Harbour is Seasons, which features women’s apparel, accessories, shoes, jewelry and resort wear -- the perfect spot to find dazzling outfits for upcoming holiday parties!
Throughout the weekend after Thanksgiving and all during the holiday season, Shelter Cove stores will offer sales and specials to cover all of your holiday shopping needs.
It’s Oyster Roast Season!
As we like to say here in the Lowcountry, any month ending with an “r” is the perfect month for an oyster roast, but things really get in full swing in November and December. The Dunes House, open to resort guests and owners at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, hosts an annual oyster roast for our dear friends and family each November.
This year’s event will be Saturday, November 29 from 2 p.m.- 7 p.m. Come shuck some oysters and eat them your favorite way – with lemon, hot sauce or however you prefer! We’ll also have beer specials and a full menu, and did we mention the fantastic ocean view?!
If you’re looking for something to shake up your holiday celebrations this year or want to start a new family tradition, consider Thanksgiving at the beach here on beautiful Hilton Head Island. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer everything you need to have the perfect family festivity and enjoy a vacation at the same time.
Our Thanksgiving Week Special combines the best of Turkey Day with all that the beach and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort has to offer. Stay at least three nights and get 10 percent off select Hilton Head vacation villas within the resort and head over to the oceanfront Dunes House restaurant for your traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner.
The package also encourages you to stay active on the holiday to burn off all those pumpkin pie calories with 20% off bike, canoe and kayak rentals, 15% off of Hilton Head golf tee times at our three championship courses, as well as two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily. Guests who book through the resort also receive merchandise and dining discounts, as well as preferred rates and priority access to all resort activities and amenities.
In addition to the package, we offer accommodation rates at our Hilton Head vacation rentals, starting at just $159 per night. For an additional cost, you can choose to dine at the Dunes House, which offers a buffet on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., or head over to Big Jim’s restaurant, which will be serving plated dinners complete with all the fixings!
If you’d prefer to have Thanksgiving dinner in the comfort of your vacation home or villa, pick up your Thanksgiving dinner to go from Big Jim’s starting at 11 a.m. on Nov. 27. Reservations are required for the Dunes House buffet, and we recommend reservations and pre-ordering for Big Jim’s in-restaurant or to-go meals. Call us at 843-686-9136.
Sports fan? Can you think of a better spot to enjoy game day than enjoying food and drink specials with amazing views of an oceanfront golf course just outside the window? That’s what you’ll find at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones golf course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort.
Designed to be sports friendly for football fans and beyond, the restaurant offers lots of big screen TVs, showing different games, and daily food and drink specials along with happy hour every day from 4-7 p.m. Eat your fill of wings, nachos and sliders while sipping cocktails and a variety of brews.
If you’re looking for a spot to root for your favorite college football team, enjoy fall-off-the-bone ribs 2 for 1 on Saturdays. On Sundays, when the NFL takes the spotlight, try our 2-for-1 wings and $2 sliders. On both days, you’ll find $15 buckets of domestic beers.
You can even bring the kids, as we offer a family-friendly environment and full kids menu. As the air gets a little crisper in winter, we even set up an outdoor fire pit for socializing during half-time and pre- and post game.
Got a group headed to your house or vacation home to cheer for the home team? Big Jim’s offers party packages and platters starting at $30 so you can leave all the cooking to us! Just give us a call at 843-785-1165.
Big Jim’s is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. View the full menu.
Fall is a great season to visit Hilton Head Island. The pace is a little slower, the air a little cooler and the prices a little lower :). Another great reason to travel here in the fall is to enjoy the annual concert series held at Shelter Cove Harbour that features local musicians, some of the best food in town and one of the island’s most magnificent views.
On Thursday evenings from September 11-October 23, Shelter Cove Harbour presents Music & Taste on the Harbour from 6-9 p.m. Each event will feature live music from different local bands right along the marina with plenty of dancing as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Look for performances from Target the Band, The Chilly Willy Band, The Headliners and more.
Two featured Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants will also set up around the famed Neptune Statue with light appetizers and drink specials for purchase throughout the evening. Participating restaurants include Bistro 17, ELA’s Blue Water Grille, La Fontana, Scott’s Fish Market, San Miguel’s and the new Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill.
The event kicks off September 11 at 6 p.m. with The Headliners and food and drink stations from all participating Shelter Cove restaurants. Admission to all of the events is free, and donations of canned food will be accepted for the Deep Well Project, a nonprofit organization that helps people in emergency situations.
Bring an empty stomach and your dancing shoes and get ready to enjoy Hilton Head Island at its fall finest.
Are you considering a Hilton Head vacation soon? Let us help you plan the perfect getaway that fits your hobbies and interests. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer so many activities from fishing to biking and from tennis to golf that you’ll be hard pressed not to find something you’ll love. Here are 5 great ways to vacation at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Tennis Getaways – If you “love” tennis, we’ve got all sorts of fun packages and activities for you. With the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which sees thousands of visitors every year, you can find clinics, round robins, equipment demonstrations, tennis tournaments and more. We offer tennis vacation packages that include instruction and tennis court time and are even tailored to large groups. If you really love tennis, consider ourExtreme Tennis Vacation!
2) For the Outdoor Lover – There’s so much to do outdoors at Palmetto Dunes and so much beauty to see. The Outdoor Adventure packagerolls the best of our outdoor activities all into one with at least three nights of accommodations in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, kayak rentals, a dolphin cruise, Hilton Head bike rentalsand tennis court time daily.
3) Romance in Bloom – Looking for a romantic getaway for just the two of you? We offer several romance packages like our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration that include spa treatments, bike rentals, kayak rentals and more.
4) Golfers Delight – Get your best golf buddies together and play all three of our championship golf courses, each uniquely challenging. Our golf vacation packages include instruction time, accommodations and tee times, and be sure to take advantage of our free club fittings and free golf demo on Mondays at 4 p.m. at the Robert Trent Jones course.
5) Family Fun – Got kids? We love kids here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Our Ultimate Family package and Sun ‘N Fun Island escape are uniquely designed to entertain all ages down to our smallest guests. Kids will find lots to do at the resort like family tees at our golf courses, junior tennis clinics and round robins, fishing, crabbing and summer Surf School just to name a few.
What kind of Hilton Head package sounds like the perfect fit for your vacation? If we can answer any questions or tailor any package to better fit your needs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Our Hilton Head golf and tennis pro shops offer a variety of apparel and accessories for women for golf, tennis and even every day wear. One of our biggest sellers is locally-based Spartina 449. Their scarves and bags are a big hit with our female shoppers. Try one of their latest patterns for a gift Mom can wear all spring and summer.
The Annika Paramount Collection from Cutter & Buck is another classy choice for ladies who love to golf. It’s designed to be feminine yet sporty and utilizes the latest breakthroughs in fabric for maximum comfort for women on the move. In hues of blue, green and yellow, it makes a fashion statement on the greens.
Since we just opened our brand new online apparel store, you can also gift Mom with a Palmetto Dunes logoed item. How about a visor, polo or comfy robe? Choose from a variety of colors and styles and select your favorite Palmetto Dunes logo.
If you’re not exactly sure what your mom would like best, why not give her a Palmetto Dunes gift card? Order by the Wednesday before Mother’s Day to ensure on-time arrival. The card is redeemable at all point-of-sale locations around the resort and is good for accommodations, golf, tennis, bike rentals, Big Jim’s restaurant, the Dunes House and more.
Lastly, if Mom likes to while away hours on Pinterest, be sure to share our Pinterest board showcasing 10 Activities for Moms at Palmetto Dunes with her. Go ahead… let her dream of the beach, or better yet, bring her for a stay with us this spring or summer. Give us a ring at 866-650-4130.
We finally made it to spring break! Say goodbye to the bad winter weather and hello to warm sunny South Carolina skies. If you’re headed down our way for spring break, we’ve got some great suggestions for kids to enjoy here at the resort. From golf to swimming to fishing and more, there’s no time for video games or for getting bored here on Hilton Head Island.
Here’s our list of top spring break activities for kids on the island:
1) Swim -- What child doesn’t love to jump in the water and splash away? We figure that’s probably the first thing they’re going to want to do when they arrive, so we put it first on the list. Depending on the weather, if the ocean waters are a little too cool yet, hit the pool at your Hilton Head vacation rental, some of which are heated, and should be plenty warm in the sun.
2) Ride a bike – Our next suggestion that kids will love is riding their bike. We’re sure they’re already used to it at home and now they’ve got an entirely new area to explore. We recently replaced most of our bike paths, which number 5 miles within the resort alone. Instead of driving your car, ride your bike to the beach, to lunch, to golf, you name it! Get your Hilton Head bike rentals and all the gear you need at Hilton Head Outfitters.
3) Learn a new skill – Palmetto Dunes offers wonderful junior programs for both golf and tennis. Not only will kids and teens stay active and keep their minds firing, they’ll come home from Hilton Head Island proud to show their friends what they’ve learned. Watch these fun videos about our Little Swingers golf class and junior tennis clinics.
4) Explore nature – Nature is all around you on Hilton Head Island from the moss-draped live oak trees and colorful azaleas to shore birds and plentiful fish. Rent double kayaks and put an adult with each child for a peaceful kayak through our calm 11-mile lagoon system. See who can spot the most birds!
5) Reel in a big one – We have lots of great fishing around Palmetto Dunes, including our fair share of “monster” fish. Take a Hilton Head fishing charter on our lagoon and see if you can reel in Elvis, the giant red fish, or head out into the ocean for some exciting shark fishing for the whole family.
6) Go crabbing – This one may surprise you, but crabbing in Hilton Head is one of our favorite activities for families because everyone can get involved. Our charter, the Crabber J, teaches you how to catch a crab and then awards their world-famous Crabber J T-shirt to the person who catches the most!
What do you think your kids will enjoy the most on their Hilton Head Island spring break?
If you still need assistance booking a Hilton Head vacation villa or would like to book any of the above, please contact us at 866-744-7558.
Coming to the island for the popular RBC Heritage Golf Tournament? Make Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort your home base with access to 3 miles of beach, three outstanding golf courses, 25 tennis courts, an 11-mile inland lagoon, beachfront dining and more!
Our RBC Heritage Golf Tournament Package is designed specifically for those attending this annual tournament, which fills the island every April. By staying at Palmetto Dunes, you can enjoy the tournament by day and escape the chaos in the evenings for a relaxing retreat at our beautiful resort.
The package provides you with 4 days and 3 nights in a Hilton Head vacation villa located within the resort, three rounds of golf and your tournament tickets. The 2014 Heritage Family Fun Pack gets you 2 adult any day clubhouse tickets with children 15 and younger admitted free, as well as 4 lunch concession stand vouchers.
Plus, you don’t just get to watch golf; you can experience it yourself at our three championship Hilton Head golf courses – the Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course and the George Fazio course – each with their own unique challenges.
Guests who book accommodations through Palmetto Dunes also receive two hours of tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, as well as a special discount card that affords them the best rates on all resort activities and dining. Your family can choose from a variety of activities besides golf like riding bikes around the island, renting kayaks to paddle through our peaceful lagoon, nature cruises, fishing charters and more.
Dining at the resort includes the kid-friendly Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant that overlooks the Robert Trent Jones golf course, as well as the beachfront Dunes House. Also within the resort are the Palmetto Dunes General Store (delicious cinnamon rolls and fried chicken!), our golf course grilles, Alexander’s seafood, and HHO Prime and the XO Lounge both located at the at the Omni Hotel.
Book your RBC Heritage package soon, because the island fills up fast during this busy week! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll get you all set up.
Grab your margarita, your Hawaiian shirt and get ready to eat your cheeseburger in paradise. Shelter Cove Harbour is debuting a new island sunset celebration this summer to give families, visitors and locals alike a new way to enjoy the summer season on Hilton Head Island.
Parrot Palooza will be on Fridays throughout the summer beginning June 21 and running through Aug. 16. Starting at 5 p.m., the festival will kick off at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove with street performers, entertainers, music, food, drinks, Caribbean-style décor and of course, a relaxed state of mind!
At 7 p.m., Shannon Tanner, known for his beloved performances at HarbourFest, now in its 25th year, will take the stage with the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band. They’ll let you dance the night away to island-style music while the sun sets behind them along the harbour.
Amidst the palm trees, parrots and margaritas decorating the area, Shelter Cove restaurants will also get into the spirit with island-themed drinks and other specials.
So if you’re looking for a fun new way to party down on Fridays with the family, look no further than Parrot Palooza. It will definitely be 5 o’clock at Shelter Cove every week at the celebration. Then enjoy all the Harbour has to offer like boutique shops, delicious restaurants, gorgeous views and more.
What do you think about Parrot Palooza? Will you join us? Hope to see you there!
Close your eyes and imagine yourself waking up to no alarm clock, throwing on your flip flops and sitting on your porch to enjoy your morning with a hot cup of coffee. Doesn’t that sound pretty amazing? We know that even on vacation many enjoy starting their morning off with a great cup of “joe” and we want to help you find the perfect coffee shop on Hilton Head.
For those of you who don’t want to leave Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, we totally understand and that’s why our homes and villas come with a coffee pot in them. You bring your favorite brand of beans and let the coffee pot do the rest. If you’d like to take a little morning walk or bike ride, The General Store serves up a great cup of coffee, and if you’re the first to check-in on Foursquare in the morning, you could get your cup for free! Both hotels located in Palmetto Dunes also have wonderful breakfast buffets and plenty of coffee.
If you’d like to get out and about in Hilton Head, here are some great local coffee shops to try:
We hope to help you wake up each morning of your Hilton Head vacation with the best jolt possible. Do you have a favorite coffee shop here in Hilton Head that we didn’t mention? We’d love to hear!