With the arrival of spring comes lots of Hilton Head tennis tournaments at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. It’s the perfect time of year to play with mild temperatures, sunny Carolina skies and beautiful flowers around every corner.
This year the tennis center is hosting several closed tournaments that are open to spectators, as well as plenty that are open to men’s/women’s singles, doubles and combo mixed. The only summer month without a tournament is July, but you’re of course still welcome to enjoy our two hours complimentary tennis court time daily with your Palmetto Dunes vacation rental, take one of our many Hilton Head tennis clinics offered daily or join in our weekly round robins for adults or juniors.
The next tennis tournament coming up is the USTA South Carolina 55 and 75 and Over Championships May 1-5. While this tournament is closed, spectators are welcome!
The following weekend is our Smash T1D Team Tennis Challenge May 9-11, benefitting the No More Diabetes Foundation. The round robin format is open to men’s/women’s singles, doubles and combo mixed. The cost is $50/player and includes two complimentary drinks, Saturday’s lunch, breakfast both Saturday and Sunday, and a tournament T-shirt. You can register to play here.
On May 24, we’ll host the Meals on Wheels Round Robin tournament benefitting Meals on Wheels of Bluffton-Hilton Head in memory of Don Grider, TAHHI Senior and Super Senior Men’s Coordinator. This Hilton Head tennis tournament is open to men’s/women’s doubles 55 and above 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5, as well as 18 and above 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0. The cost to participate is $25 for TAHHI members or $35 for nonmembers and includes beer/soda and a reception and happy hour from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Sign up to play here.
In June, we’ll host our popular annual Banana Open tennis tournament June 6-8. This fun event is open to men’s/women’s singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Presented by the Honor our Heroes Foundation, the event supports our military veterans. Watch this video from a previous year’s tournament:
Lastly, as summer winds down, we’ll host our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Fall Classic August 29-31 for men’s/women’s doubles and mixed doubles. But that’s not the end of the tennis tournaments for the year! Fall revs up with more USTA South Carolina championships and the David M. Carmines Memorial Tennis Championship. There’s never a bad time to play tennis at Palmetto Dunes!
Go ahead and book your stay with us now if you’re planning to participate in or watch an upcoming tennis tournament. That will ensure you get the Hilton Head vacation villa that’s just right for your group and have all the activities you’d like to do, like golf, kayaking, bike rentals and more, all set for your visit.
Give us a call at 866-650-4130 to book your activities and your stay!
We love tennis here at Palmetto Dunes! With some 30,000 people coming through the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center each year and only closing our doors one day a year – on Christmas – we’re serious about tennis.
World Tennis Day is coming up March 3, and is an initiative of the United States Tennis Association that supports their charitable arm, providing under-resourced youth and people with disabilities through tennis and educational programs. In celebration of this worldwide day of tennis, we thought we’d share with you 10 reasons why Palmetto Dunes is one of the world’s best tennis resorts.
Our Tennis Center has been recognized by Tennis Magazine as the top tennis resort in the Carolinas and one of the 50 greatest tennis resorts since 1975, as well as a top 10 tennis resort by TennisResortsOnline.com and as one of the top tennis resorts in the world by 10Best.com. Here’s 10 reasons why:
1) Depth and variety of programming -- During our busy season March-August, we host 43 adult tennis clinics and 27 junior clinics for all skill levels taught by 25 different tennis professionals every week! Choose from tennis lessons, clinics, cardio tennis, round robins, tournaments and more.
2) Variety of tennis courts – When you play tennis at Palmetto Dunes, choose from 23 clay courts and two Nova ProBounce courts. We also have six courts lighted for night play for those balmy summer evenings.
3) FREE tennis – All guests who book their Hilton Head vacation rentals through Palmetto Dunes receive two complimentary hours of tennis court time each day of their stay.
4) Year-round Tennis Tournaments – For 2014, we are hosting 15 different tennis tournaments February through November. Some are closed tournaments through the USTA, for which you need to qualify and be a USTA member, while others are open to all participants. Tournaments are always open for spectators.
5) Combine tennis AND vacation – Palmetto Dunes offers a number of great Hilton Head tennis packages that allow you to combine your vacation with your love of tennis. Enjoy all the amenities of the resort, including its 3 championship Hilton Head golf courses, 3 miles of beach, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, Hilton Head bike rentals, 11-mile inland lagoon and so much more.
6) Amazing Hilton Head tennis pro shop – With 1800 square feet of retail space, our tennis pro shop is the largest on the island, carrying a variety of lines and products, including racquets, shoes, accessories, sunglasses, as well as adult and junior apparel. A complimentary Demo Day is offered every Tuesday March–October where guests can try out all the latest equipment and ask pros their questions.
7) Our staff rocks - “It’s unusual for a tennis staff to have been together for so long,” says Jackie Reynecke, group coordinator of tennis for the resort. “We’re all tennis players at all different levels. Being together as a team, year in and year out, and knowing our guests who return year after year, gives us a special and unique ability to service them.”
8) We’re family friendly – The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers more than 25 junior tennis clinicsweekly March through August, and we’ve even completed a shortening of our courts for players 10 and younger per new regulations from the USTA. We also offer adult and junior programs at the same time so the whole family can get tennis instruction at once.
9) We’re just plain fun - We have a daily adult round robin that makes for a fun social competition, as well as a Monday night exhibition March through October, with complimentary beer, wine, lemonade, door prizes and plenty of jokes from our Director of Tennis Instruction Brian Kiggans. Whether you’re joining a group tennis clinic or private lesson, the staff at Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center always makes sure “fun” is a top priority when you’re on their courts.
10) Our instruction is top notch – Twenty-five different tennis professionals, all with years of experience, lead instruction each week during the busy season. They are able to customize to each guests’ playing ability or set up a custom program for a group. Guests can also select up to 6 ½ hours of instructional programming a day, so they can play as much or as little as they want.
Did we convince you to come play tennis with us yet? Whether you’re a newbie to the sport or old pro, there’s something for everyone at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Come see why we keep winning award after award!
For information about scheduling tennis court time or to book a Hilton Head tennis getaway, please give us a call at 866-744-7558 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.
Already an owner at Palmetto Dunes or considering a primary or second home at our beautiful Hilton Head resort? Then, come enjoy our annual celebration of homeownership by celebrating the very best of the resort: the ocean, golf, tennis, biking and more. We invite you to the Owner/Guest Tournament Weekend Feb. 7-9.
What’s on tap for this weekend of fun? On Friday, enjoy tee times at all three of our championshipSouth Carolina golf courses throughout the day. Each course offers a different playing experience and beautiful views to boot. Dunes Marketing Group will also host a tour of open houses of Hilton Head properties for sale within the resort. Be prepared, you just might fall in love!
A tennis round robin will take place from 3-5 p.m. at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which has earned us the designation of top tennis resort in the Carolinas from Tennis Magazine, and then attend a complimentary reception and dinner with cash bar at Centre Court Pavilion.
On Saturday, we’ll host a special golf tournament for our owners and guests at the famed oceanfront Robert Trent Jones golf course. There will be a shotgun start at 9 a.m. with scramble format with tee gifts before and prizes afterward. After the tournament, enjoy a BBQ lunch buffet at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones Clubhouse and then head out on Dunes Marketing Group’s complimentary open house tour from 3-5 p.m.
On Sunday, enjoy your favorite activities. If you love tennis, head over for some time on one of our 25 Hilton Head tennis courts or, if you’re a golfer, enjoy one more Hilton Head tee time. Guests can also feel free to bike around the resort, enjoy local shopping, kayak or canoe our 11-mile inland lagoon or enjoy a dolphin cruise or fishing charter. We’re never short of something to do here at Palmetto Dunes!
Be sure to RSVP for this amazing offering by Feb. 1. Contact Ross Javornik at 843-686-9624 or by email atrjavornik@PalmettoDunes.com.