If you’re visiting Hilton Head Island prior to the holidays, be sure to take advantage of our many unique boutiques and shops that you don’t have back home. Whether you have golfers or tennis players in your family or you’re just looking for a one-of-a-kind gift, you’ve got plenty to choose from when it comes to Hilton Head shopping.
1) Nash Gallery – Art lovers will be in heaven browsing this Shelter Cove art gallery. Featuring work from North American artists, you’ll find pieces made from metal, wood and glass, as well as ceramics and even jewelry.
2) Ship’s Store – The Shelter Cove Marina Ship’s Store features all things nautical in apparel, accessories and anything you’d need for a day out on the boat. Tervis Tumblers make great gift items, along with stylish nautical belts, Guy Harvey shirts and Sperry Topsiders.
3) Taffeta – Get your best friends the latest fashions from Europe at Taffeta in Shelter Cove. The clothing boutique specializes in styles from France and Italy for both special occasions and casual wear.
4) Neptune’s Niche – Lowcountry is the theme at this store named after the iconic Statue of Neptune at Shelter Cove. The shop carries works from local artists, including glassware, woodwork, pottery, ironwork and textiles.
5) Seasons – The latest boutique to open at Shelter Cove, Seasons offers women’s apparel, accessories, jewelry and other gift items. You’re likely to find a hot pair of pumps and a gorgeous necklace for your most stylish friends here.
6) Camp Hilton Head – Need a Hilton Head souvenir or casual apparel like T-shirts and hats? Camp Hilton Head at Shelter Cove says they are your vacation headquarters. Give your friends and family a little taste of Hilton Head with items from this unique boutique.
7) Christmas on the Harbour – Celebrate Christmas island style at this pretty little store at Shelter Cove. Not only do they have Department 56 houses, Christopher Radko blown Polish glass, Jim Shore Collectibles and nativities, you’ll also find plenty of one-of-a-kind Hilton Head-themed gift items. Doesn’t everyone need a Hilton Head ornament for their tree?
8) Palmetto Dunes Golf Pro Shops – Golfers will delight in any of our three Hilton Head golf pro shops. For Nike lovers, the Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop is one of only six Nike Concept Shops in the country. Find clubs, accessories, apparel and equipment for all your golf needs.
9) Palmetto Dunes Tennis Pro Shop – Palmetto Dunes also caters to tennis players with thousands passing through the resort every year. Our Hilton Head tennis pro shop offers the latest name-brand apparel and racquets, as well as Solarbat Leverage™ sunglasses, racquet covers, bags and other fun tennis gift items.
10) Hilton Head Outfitters – For the adventure lover, head to Hilton Head Outfitters for gift ideas. Inside you’ll find surfing, biking, paddleboarding and kayaking equipment and accessories, as well as T-shirts and sweatshirts, fishing gear, jewelry, sunglasses and more.
Did we cover everyone on your gift list this year?!
For more information about visiting Palmetto Dunes this holiday season, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
It’s hard to believe the much-awaited annual RBC Heritage golf tournament is here and gone once again! We had a great week, despite it being a bit soggy, hosting lots of events at our Robert Trent Jones golf course and enjoying a variety of media coverage associated with the tournament. Mutt Kuchar ended up taking home the Tartan jacket after a thrilling conclusion to the golf tournament!
On Monday, April 14, we had lots of fun with John Maginnes when he hosted his Maginnes on Tap radio show live from the Jones course. Here he is with Brad Marra of Palmetto Dunes:
On Tuesday, April 15, NFL pro-bowler and golf lover Sterling Sharpe visited the Jones course. Sharpe, who was great with fans, especially the kids, signed autographs and in between the rain headed out on the course for some golf demonstrations.
During the week, we also had record apparel sales. It seems everyone was ready for some new spring duds to wear on the green! The ECCO Golf Van really helped spur the sales with their amazing golf footwear.
We were so excited that Matt Ginella, host of Morning Drive on the Golf Channel, mentioned our Robert Trent Jones golf course as one of the best Hilton Head golf courses to play. Watch the segment on Hilton Head here:
To see more photos from the 2014 RBC Heritage follow our Pinterest board below:
Follow Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort's board RBC Heritage Golf Tournament on Pinterest.
Want to come enjoy Hilton Head Island golf yourself? Book your tee time or your golf getaway online or give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Spring is just around the corner and you want to not only be outfitted in style, but with the gear that will most improve your game. New items are arriving daily at our Hilton Head golf pro shops at Palmetto Dunes, many of which are being used by the pros as they head out on the PGA Tour.
Want to play like a pro? Here are some of the highlights of our new golf items:
Breaking its own record of 11, PING earned 15 gold awards in the 2014 Golf Digest March ‘Hot List’, more than any other single brand for the third straight year. At the PGA Tour Farmer’s Insurance Open, for example, eight sets of Ping S55 irons and six sets of I25 irons were in play, along with eight G25 drivers used by both Bubba Watson and Hunter Mahan.
PING Golf was the only company to earn at least one gold award in every category. The I25 and G25 series, both available at our pro shops, were both recognized with the highest honors in the driver, fairway wood, hybrid and iron categories. The new I25, Karsten, S55, G25, and the Tour Gorge wedge, which we also carry, each won gold.
The new Nike Covert 2.0 Drivers are also one of our top picks. As one of only six Nike Golf TTC Concept Shops in the country, you can find the latest and greatest Nike Golf picks at our Robert Trent Jones golf course pro shop.
The Covert 2.0 Drivers are used by all the major Nike players, including Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods, Nick Watney and Charles Schwartzel. They deliver more forgiving distance, faster ball speed and simple, intuitive customization to meet the swing needs of every golfer. High-Speed Cavity Back technology redistributes weight to the heel and toe, allowing for increased distance and more stability across the face of the driver.
We offer the Nike 360-degree Fitting System for anyone who would like a custom fitting by our club-fitter, Rob Thompson, named one of the country’s top fitters for six years in a row. Call us at 866-744-7558 to schedule your free custom fitting.
Women can head out on the greens in style this spring with our new Annika Paramount collection from Cutter & Buck. Inspired by the legendary golfer Annika Sorenstam, this visionary collection combines cutting-edge technology with ingenious details to fit women who are always on the move.
The collection is designed to be feminine yet sporty, utilizing the latest breakthroughs in fabric. You’ll find it at both the Arthur Hills course pro shop and Robert Trent Jones course pro shop.
Our picks for spring shoes are the ECCO BIOM HYBRIDS, ECCO’s first ever performance hybrid shoe, which marks a major advancement in golf shoe technology. Worn on tour by Fred Couples and dozens of other top players, it’s made from Yak leather, which is naturally soft, durable, smooth and breathable and also treated for weather protection.
The shoes have ECCO’s Natural Motion Technology with flexible midsole arch support that mirrors the foot skeleton, providing excellent support and comfort, as well as their Advanced Hybrid Outsole Technology that provides excellent grip in all conditions.
We also like the ECCO GOLF STREET, which is a golf shoe that doesn’t look like a traditional golf shoe and remains the game’s most popular style! With their first ever hybrid model, the shoe has a superb combination of comfort, convenience, stability and traction and is worn on and off the course by the world’s best players. The shoes are weather resistant and have insoles that wick moisture to keep you dry and comfortable.
Stay tuned as we get in more items for men’s apparel and for summer fashions. Come visit our Hilton Head golf pro shops and get outfitted for warm weather play at our three championship Hilton Head golf courses! Need a tee time? Book it right here.