Don’t miss the lovely and charming shops at Shelter Cove Harbour as you make your post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping rounds! Not only will you enjoy a fantastic harbour view, but you can find one-of-a-kind gifts from shops like Nash Gallery and the newest boutique to open in the area, Seasons.
The shops at Shelter Cove Harbour will be holding a variety of holiday sales during Black Friday and throughout the weekend. Plus, you can enjoy holiday fun like a visit from Santa at Noon and holiday music from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. both on Black Friday. Be sure to enter to win a variety of prize packages, including gift cards and a 2-night stay at Shelter Cove with an ELA’s dinner gift certificate between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 28. Find all of the holiday happenings in this blog post.
If you’re looking for a deal, here’s what you’ll find at the Shelter Cove sales:
Shelter Cove restaurants will also be offering specials and discounts, as well, when you decide to take a break from shopping to refuel.
Don’t forget that Saturday, Nov. 29 is Small Business Saturday. We really appreciate you supporting our local Hilton Head shops and restaurants!
If you’re visiting Hilton Head Island prior to the holidays, be sure to take advantage of our many unique boutiques and shops that you don’t have back home. Whether you have golfers or tennis players in your family or you’re just looking for a one-of-a-kind gift, you’ve got plenty to choose from when it comes to Hilton Head shopping.
1) Nash Gallery – Art lovers will be in heaven browsing this Shelter Cove art gallery. Featuring work from North American artists, you’ll find pieces made from metal, wood and glass, as well as ceramics and even jewelry.
2) Ship’s Store – The Shelter Cove Marina Ship’s Store features all things nautical in apparel, accessories and anything you’d need for a day out on the boat. Tervis Tumblers make great gift items, along with stylish nautical belts, Guy Harvey shirts and Sperry Topsiders.
3) Taffeta – Get your best friends the latest fashions from Europe at Taffeta in Shelter Cove. The clothing boutique specializes in styles from France and Italy for both special occasions and casual wear.
4) Neptune’s Niche – Lowcountry is the theme at this store named after the iconic Statue of Neptune at Shelter Cove. The shop carries works from local artists, including glassware, woodwork, pottery, ironwork and textiles.
5) Seasons – The latest boutique to open at Shelter Cove, Seasons offers women’s apparel, accessories, jewelry and other gift items. You’re likely to find a hot pair of pumps and a gorgeous necklace for your most stylish friends here.
6) Camp Hilton Head – Need a Hilton Head souvenir or casual apparel like T-shirts and hats? Camp Hilton Head at Shelter Cove says they are your vacation headquarters. Give your friends and family a little taste of Hilton Head with items from this unique boutique.
7) Christmas on the Harbour – Celebrate Christmas island style at this pretty little store at Shelter Cove. Not only do they have Department 56 houses, Christopher Radko blown Polish glass, Jim Shore Collectibles and nativities, you’ll also find plenty of one-of-a-kind Hilton Head-themed gift items. Doesn’t everyone need a Hilton Head ornament for their tree?
8) Palmetto Dunes Golf Pro Shops – Golfers will delight in any of our three Hilton Head golf pro shops. For Nike lovers, the Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop is one of only six Nike Concept Shops in the country. Find clubs, accessories, apparel and equipment for all your golf needs.
9) Palmetto Dunes Tennis Pro Shop – Palmetto Dunes also caters to tennis players with thousands passing through the resort every year. Our Hilton Head tennis pro shop offers the latest name-brand apparel and racquets, as well as Solarbat Leverage™ sunglasses, racquet covers, bags and other fun tennis gift items.
10) Hilton Head Outfitters – For the adventure lover, head to Hilton Head Outfitters for gift ideas. Inside you’ll find surfing, biking, paddleboarding and kayaking equipment and accessories, as well as T-shirts and sweatshirts, fishing gear, jewelry, sunglasses and more.
Did we cover everyone on your gift list this year?!
For more information about visiting Palmetto Dunes this holiday season, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
If you’ve got some folks in your family who simply adore Hilton Head, why not give them a little taste of the island as their holiday gift? We’ve got 5 ideas for the Hilton Head lovers in your life:
1) Golf flag – For the golfers in your family, why not give them a fun reminder of their rounds at Palmetto Dunes? Come shop in one of our Hilton Head golf pro shops for a flag with the name of one of our golf courses or we’re happy to ship it to you. Why not reserve them a future golf round, as well?
2) Beach-themed ornament – Christmas tree ornaments can be fun reminders of people and places near and dear to your heart. That’s why you should have an ornament representing Hilton Head on your tree. The Palmetto Dunes General Store always has some cute ones in stock – be it Santa riding an alligator or climbing a palm tree J.
3) Hilton Head vacation – Want to see the family go bananas on Christmas morning? Let them unwrap a gift that tells them they’ll be vacationing to Hilton Head Island next spring or summer! Go ahead and book your Hilton Head vacation home and include a few pictures for them to ogle along with a sample itinerary of biking, golfing, playing tennis, kayaking, fishing and more!
4) Palmetto Dunes logoed gear – Our new online store makes it easy to order something and have it sent direct to you without ever having to step outside the door. Choose from a variety of apparel all printed with the Palmetto Dunes logo, including fleece jackets, hats, polos and even robes.
5) Palmetto Dunes Gift Card – For the people you just don’t know what to get, why not a Palmetto Dunes gift card? They can use it at any-resort owned property for goods and services, such as accommodations for vacation rentals, meals at the Dunes House or Big Jim’s, rounds of golf, tennis lessons, bike rentals or even surfing lessons next summer! Buy online.
Which of these Hilton Head Island gifts would you like the most this holiday season? Do you think your family would enjoy receiving them?
If we can help you plan your Hilton Head vacation or ship gift items direct to your doorstep, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
The holiday season is upon us and we’ve got many fun events in the works for those of you considering a Hilton Head holiday getaway. Who can blame you for wanting to gather with your family on our beautiful island with the beach just outside your door?
Hilton Head Island offers all the traditional seasonal activities, as well, like visits with Santa, plentiful holiday shopping and delicious restaurants with seasonal offerings. Here’s just a few of the events you can look forward to throughout November and December:
Santa Claus is Comin’ to Shelter Cove!
Bring the little ones across the street from Palmetto Dunes to Shelter Cove Harbour on Friday, November 28, to see Santa as he makes a quick stop at the beach to find out what every little boy and girl would like under the tree this year.
Santa arrives at noon via a fire truck where he’ll be stationed at Neptune Statue for some great Instagram-worthy Christmas pics! The fun starts long before Santa arrives around 11 a.m. with holiday music, a moon bounce house, a kiddy train ride around the marina and special offers and sales from Shelter Cove merchants.
Santa will hang around until 2 p.m. before leaving our mild beach weather to head back to the snowy North Pole.
Shelter Cove Harbour offers outstanding Hilton Head shopping with a beautiful view. Stroll through our many boutiques and shops for one-of-a-kind items like local ornaments at Christmas on the Harbour and amazing artwork from Nash Gallery. The newest store to open at the Harbour is Seasons, which features women’s apparel, accessories, shoes, jewelry and resort wear -- the perfect spot to find dazzling outfits for upcoming holiday parties!
Throughout the weekend after Thanksgiving and all during the holiday season, Shelter Cove stores will offer sales and specials to cover all of your holiday shopping needs.
It’s Oyster Roast Season!
As we like to say here in the Lowcountry, any month ending with an “r” is the perfect month for an oyster roast, but things really get in full swing in November and December. The Dunes House, open to resort guests and owners at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, hosts an annual oyster roast for our dear friends and family each November.
This year’s event will be Saturday, November 29 from 2 p.m.- 7 p.m. Come shuck some oysters and eat them your favorite way – with lemon, hot sauce or however you prefer! We’ll also have beer specials and a full menu, and did we mention the fantastic ocean view?!
There are many ways to improve your golf game from more practice and Hilton Head golf lessons at the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy to using better equipment. Here at the Palmetto Dunes Hilton Head golf pro shops, we keep the latest equipment and the newest technology in store to make sure you have the best selection of gear on the island and in the southeast.
In mid-November, Titleist will be shipping its newest drivers, part of the 915 series. Both new clubs offer the latest technologies to help improve your golf skills and help you look even better on the course!
The 915D2 promises to deliver a higher trajectory. It comes with a larger club head (460cc) and pear profile to help provide confidence and stability.
If you’re looking for more workability and distance, you’ll find it with the Titleist 915D3 with trajectory control. Titleist says that this club produces a noticeably lower ball flight and spin rate than the D2 model.
Both of these drivers come with the Sure-Fit hosel adjustability and seven stock shaft options. According to GolfWeek, they also both have a slot in the sole, which “allows the hitting area to flex more at impact, broadens the area where maximum ball speed is created and reduces spin.” The drivers start at $499.
If you won’t be buying one for yourself, consider asking for it – or giving it -- as a holiday gift this year! Your golf style may be improved with the simple change of a driver when you play your first round in the New Year.
Find both of these drivers in store at the Palmetto Dunes golf pro shops in mid-November, or call us at 866-650-4130 and we’ll ship them direct to your door!
Hilton Head Island offers many unique boutiques and stores for locals and those on vacation, who are looking for something wonderful to take home. With the addition of a new women’s boutique at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina, there’s yet one more stop on your Hilton Head shopping spree.
Opened by the owner of Christmas on the Harbour, also located at Shelter Cove, Seasons offers stylish resort wear, tops, skirts, maxi dresses, purses, jewelry and other accessories. The inventory will refresh each season to allow shoppers to find new pieces throughout the year. Seasons’ clothing is also selected to be easy to care for and travels well for visitors who will bring their purchases home with them in a suitcase.
Owner Bonnie Kriscovich and April Hinton, store manager, jumped at the opportunity to open a women’s boutique in the waterfront shopping area. “We are going to host trunk shows and really create relationships with our clients,” says Hinton. “I really want people to say ‘I want to go check out what April just got in!’”
You’ll find Seasons located between Christmas on the Harbour and Neptune’s Niche at Shelter Cove. The store opens daily at 10 a.m. with variable closing hours depending on the season. For more information on hours or items in store, please call (843)-842-9911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you’re shopping, be sure to enjoy lunch or dinner at one of the new restaurants at Shelter Cove Harbour. Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill serves homemade Lebanese cuisine, while La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria offers Nepalese style cuisine and pizzas. Both Hilton Head restaurants offer outdoor seating and bars with views of Broad Creek.
In town for Memorial Day weekend? Don’t miss the free annual Hilton Head Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour! For two days, May 24 and 25 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., you can browse fine art from artists across the country at this juried art exhibit.
More than 150 artists and crafts will set up at Shelter Cove to display their works and offer demonstrations. Be sure to see the Rock ‘n Roll Potter who works on his pottery wheel while accompanied by rock tunes! Other art media include clothing, baskets, jewelry, candles, sculpture, leather works, stained glass, water color, photography and more. Prices range from as little as $25 to $30,000!
The annual art festival is a great place to add to your art collection or pick up a unique hand-crafted souvenir. New this year is an art giveaway of a photograph by James Gary Richmond of a Hilton Head beachside scene. Register to win during the show and listen for the winner during the final hour.
You can also enjoy live music this weekend at Shelter Cove from 1-4 p.m. by steel drum band Positive Vibrations along with concerts by Shannon Tanner both nights at 6:30 and 8 p.m. Be sure to browse all of the unique stores at Shelter Cove and enjoy dinner at one of its fine restaurants. Many offer outdoors seating or water views of beautiful Broad Creek.
Have you ever found any great pieces at the annual art show? Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
To book your Memorial Day getaway to Hilton Head Island to enjoy golf, tennis, biking, the beach and more, call us at 866-650-4130!
If you’re a fan of Palmetto Dunes and are looking for more ways to show your love, we’ve got the perfect solution! We just opened a brand new online apparel store offering custom Palmetto Dunes logo wear.
When you visit the new online apparel store, you can choose from a selection of luxury items for both men and women. Clothing items include Supima cotton polos; Ecotec performance shirts, fleece jackets, woven button-up shirts, T-shirts, shorts, jackets, windshirts, robes and more. You can also choose from a selection of hats and visors.
Once you select your apparel items, select which logo you prefer along with the size and color. Before you know it, your new gear will be on its way to you! Of course, if you’re planning to visit us, be sure to shop all of our retail outlets, including our tennis center pro shop, golf pro shops, General Store, Shelter Cove Marina Ship’s Store and Hilton Head Outfitters for even more logoed gear and accessories.
With spring in the air, now’s the time to load up on spring fashions and wear Palmetto Dunes gear all summer long. When you visit our online store and purchase at least $100 worth of items, for a limited time you’ll receive free shipping when you use code FREEHOME14.
We’d love to see what you purchase and how it looks on you. Please share your apparel photos with us onFacebook, Pinterest or Twitter, so we can show you some love back!
It’s the season again to dance the night away as the sun sets over gorgeous Broad Creek. The popular Music and Taste on the Harbour series returns to Shelter Cove Harbour for two months of great food and entertainment every Thursday.
From 6-9 p.m., each Thursday evening from March 27-May 22, local musicians will perform at Neptune Statue while Shelter Cove restaurants will set up nearby, offering food and drink specials. At the kickoff event, Thursday, March 27, all five Shelter Cove restaurants, including the new La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria, San Miguel’s Mexican Cafe, Bistro 17, Ela’s Blu Water Grille and Scott’s Fish Market, will serve light appetizers and offer drink specials as The Headliners perform.
You can also sit down for a lovely dinner at any of the above restaurants, which offer fantastic water views of the harbour along with casual dining featuring outstanding fare. Newest to join Shelter Cove Harbour is La Fontana Waterfront Grill & Pizzeria serving Italian food and offering a brand new outdoor deck and bar. Be sure to wander through all the boutique shops and stroll along the marina during your visit.
For the remaining Thursdays, two Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants will set up in tents near the performance with light appetizers and drink specials for patrons.
The entertainment schedule for Music and Taste on the Harbour is:
All of the events are free and weather permitting. Please note that no coolers or outside food are allowed, and limited seating is available, so you’re encouraged to bring your own chairs. Take a look at this video from a past event to see how much fun it is:
If you’ll be on the island this spring, be sure to plan to spend your Thursday evenings at Shelter Cove Harbour!
Coming down to Hilton Head Island for spring break or the RBC Heritage tournament? We’ve got a fun outdoor concert series for all ages that Hilton Head vacationers and locals can enjoy every week on Thursday nights. Starting Thursday, April 4 through May 23, Music on the Harbour will host live entertainment on Thursdays at Shelter Cove Harbour.
Each Thursday from 6:00-9:00 p.m., a local band will perform an outdoor concert for free around the King Neptune statue. It’s a great opportunity to gather your family and friends and head over to Shelter Cove Harbour for dinner, live entertainment and lovely harbour views and sunsets.
Shelter Cove Harbour offers a range of delicious Hilton Head restaurants, ranging from Italian and Mexican to gourmet and seafood. The restaurants offer fabulous views of Broad Creek, and during Music on the Harbour, the sun will be setting for an even better view of the beautiful boats and marshes! Shelter Cove restaurants will be offering drink specials during the event as well, so hang around after dinner for a drink or two along the water.
Shelter Cove Harbour also offers plenty of shopping, ranging from art galleries and children’s apparel to souvenirs and jewelry. Shelter Cove Harbour is also home to Hilton Head Island’s largest deep water marina with 170 boat slips and charters for nature cruises, dolphin cruises, sport crabbing and fishing.
Here is the complete line-up for Music on the Harbour with each band performing from 6:00-9:00 p.m.:
Shelter Cove also hosted Music on the Harbour last fall to packed crowds. Take a look at this fun video of the fall concert series:
Music on the Harbour is just the start to a busy entertainment season at Shelter Cove Harbour. The annual HarbourFest kicks off with performances from our much beloved Shannon Tanner, celebrating his 25th year, May 24-26 with two shows at 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Shannon will perform Monday-Friday through Labor Day at Shelter Cove Harbour. Fireworks kick off Tuesday, June 18 at dusk and will continue on a Tuesday night schedule during the summer with a special show on Thursday, July 4.
Need help with your Hilton Head accommodations or want to golf, play tennis, rent bikes and more? Palmetto Dunes is your source for Hilton Head fun! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 and we’ll get you set with a Hilton Head vacation rental and all the activities you could imagine!