If the dregs of winter have gotten you down, let us perk you up with dreams of this lovely Hilton Head vacation home just a five-minute walk from the Atlantic Ocean. 193 Mooring Buoy, located within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, will make you feel like royalty pulling up to your beach castle for the week!
The home is beautifully designed both inside and out with its own pool and views of our peaceful 11-mile inland lagoon system. Inside you’ll find a large, light and bright family room and living room with pool views, hardwoods and high ceilings. Cooks will love the large gourmet kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite counters and stainless appliances along with table seating for six and additional counter seating.
There are two master suites – one on the first floor and another on the second – with soaking tubs and large, walk-in showers. Three additional bedrooms and a bonus room with sofa sleeper allow the home to sleep up to 12 guests.
On the second floor, relax on an expansive private deck that overlooks the lagoon and pool. Head outside to the pool, which can be heated, for an additional fee June 1 through October 1 and feel free to cook dinner on the outdoor propane grill. There is also private parking, and guests of the resort enjoy two free hours of tennis court time daily along with free wireless Internet access.
Visit the home’s online profile to view its location on a map of the resort, and see how far it is from various resort amenities.
The home has plenty of availability through April of 2015; be sure to reserve your spot soon before someone else grabs the dates you have in mind. To book 193 Mooring Buoy, please give us a call at 866-650-4130 or book online.
If you’re looking for something to shake up your holiday celebrations this year or want to start a new family tradition, consider Thanksgiving at the beach here on beautiful Hilton Head Island. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer everything you need to have the perfect family festivity and enjoy a vacation at the same time.
Our Thanksgiving Week Special combines the best of Turkey Day with all that the beach and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort has to offer. Stay at least three nights and get 10 percent off select Hilton Head vacation villas within the resort and head over to the oceanfront Dunes House restaurant for your traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner.
The package also encourages you to stay active on the holiday to burn off all those pumpkin pie calories with 20% off bike, canoe and kayak rentals, 15% off of Hilton Head golf tee times at our three championship courses, as well as two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily. Guests who book through the resort also receive merchandise and dining discounts, as well as preferred rates and priority access to all resort activities and amenities.
In addition to the package, we offer accommodation rates at our Hilton Head vacation rentals, starting at just $159 per night. For an additional cost, you can choose to dine at the Dunes House, which offers a buffet on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., or head over to Big Jim’s restaurant, which will be serving plated dinners complete with all the fixings!
If you’d prefer to have Thanksgiving dinner in the comfort of your vacation home or villa, pick up your Thanksgiving dinner to go from Big Jim’s starting at 11 a.m. on Nov. 27. Reservations are required for the Dunes House buffet, and we recommend reservations and pre-ordering for Big Jim’s in-restaurant or to-go meals. Call us at 843-686-9136.
Afraid Hilton Head Island prices are beyond your reach? Think again! Palmetto Dunes, especially in the off season, which includes the holidays, may be more economical than you thought.
From October 2014-March 2015, we have rates for a two-bedroom resort view villa starting at only $159/night! And unlike a traditional hotel room, you get a full villa with many of the amenities of home like a full kitchen and dining area and a washer/dryer, which makes packing so much easier. Our villas also have TVs, wireless Internet access and many have porches, balconies or decks to enjoy Lowcountry views, as well as gyms, pools and elevators. Additional bedrooms and ocean views are available for a higher starting rate.
Plus, when you book through Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you get even more value for your nightly rate, including two free hours of tennis daily and 20% off resort dining and items at select retail outlets. Our guests also receive preferred rates and priority access to our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and golf lessons, Hilton Head tennis clinics, Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, fishing charters and more.
Got a pooch who wants to join you at the beach? No problem! We offer several Hilton Head pet-friendly accommodations during this season.
Always dreamed of spending the holidays watching the waves crash after your turkey dinner or opening gifts? These prices remain the same during Thanksgiving or the December holiday break, too – an amazing deal!
Fall and winter are wonderful seasons to visit the island with much milder temperatures than you’ll find up north and all the same fun Lowcountry activities available. Take a look at our recent blog on 7 Fall Activities to do on Hilton Head Island.
Let us know if we can get that $159/night rate locked in for you and your family! Give us a ring at 866-650-4130 and browse our Hilton Head vacation rentals to find the perfect vacation home for your visit.
If your dog likes Hilton Head Island just as much as you do, we’ve got good news! Palmetto Dunes currently has several Hilton Head vacation homes and villas available seasonally for dogs up to 40 pounds -- and their owners J.
Beginning October 1 through March 31, Palmetto Dunes has several select villas and homes fit for you and Fido -- at additional charge. Choose from the following:
1868 St. Andrews Commons – With golf course and lagoon views, this first-floor villa has one bedroom, a private patio and all new furnishings and decor.
43 Hickory Cove – Close to the beach, this 3-bedroom town home overlooks the pool and sleeps up to 10 (not including dogs :)).
5 Midstream – This beautiful 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom Hilton Head vacation home comes with its own pool and spa, screened porch and lagoon view.
Keep in mind that if you do bring your pooch along for the trip that there are some restrictions for pets on the beach. During peak season, there are times when they are not allowed on the beach or must be on a leash. Generally, during the season that we offer pet-friendly Hilton Head rentals, pets can be on the beach if they are under positive voice control.
Let us know if you have any other questions about bringing your pup along with you to Hilton Head. For more information about our pet-friendly vacation rentals, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Hilton Head Island and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort continue to pile on awards from national media and others, recognizing the island as a top place for visitors.
Here are just a few of some of the most recent recognitions for 2014:
Southern Hospitality City, ConventionSouth magazine – Readers of the magazine, which covers meetings and venues in the south, voted the island as tops for southern hospitality.
Top 15 US Destinations on the Rise, Fodor’s - Fodor’s Travel named Hilton Head as one of the top up-and-coming U.S. destinations
Best Islands in the U.S., Travel Channel – The popular television network selected Hilton Head Island as one of the 22 best U.S. islands.
Top 10 Tennis Resort in the World, Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort – TennisResortsOnline.com, which ranks tennis resorts around the world each year, selected Palmetto Dunes as one of the world’s top 10 resorts.
George Fazio golf course, South Carolina Golf Course of the Year – The South Carolina Board of Directors of the National Golf Course Owners Association named our Hilton Head golf course, the third and final of our three championship golf courses, the South Carolina Golf Course of the Year.
America’s Buzziest Beach Towns, Yahoo! Travel – Yahoo! Travel featured Hilton Head Island as their No. 10 “Buzziest Beach Town,” which indicates our popularity on social media.
Top 10 Best Island in the U.S., 10Best.com – Readers of USA Today’s 10Best.com voted Hilton Head Island as one of the top 10 islands in the United States.
Top 10 Best Carolina Beaches, USA Today – The newspaper noted the island’s marsh grasses, blue-green water, white sands and scenic vistas in its ranking of North and South Carolina beaches.
It’s clear there’s a lot to love about Hilton Head Island and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort! If we can help you plan your fall or winter getaway to our lovely island, just give us a call at 866-650-4130.
If you love the calmness of the lagoon or if fishing tops your list when you visit Hilton Head Island, you may want to consider this lovely Hilton Head vacation home. This oasis is located at 71 Off Shore withinPalmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Situated right on the lagoon, where you can literally pop out your door and drop your fishing pole in the water, 71 Off Shore is a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom home away from home.
It comes with its own dock right behind the home, where you’ll also find a refreshing pool for a dip after a day in the Carolina sunshine. The outdoor area features a gas grill, as well as a patio table and chairs with an umbrella so you can enjoy the wonderful lagoon view and Lowcountry scenery.
Step inside to find a fully-equipped and updated kitchen along with a large living area, overlooking the lagoon and pool. You’ll also find flat screen TVs, should you need a rest on the couch after a day of activity on Hilton Head Island.
There are four bedrooms, two with king beds, one with 2 twin beds and a fourth with 1 queen bed. You’ll also enjoy a washer/dryer if you need to give your swimsuits a spin during your trip, as well as, cable TV and wireless Internet access.
When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you enjoy the best rates and special discounts for activities and dining within the resort. All guests receive two hours of free tennis court time daily, as well as, discounts and access to the oceanfront Dunes House, Big Jim’s restaurant, the best rates on tee times, as well as kayaking, bike rentals and more. Palmetto Dunes is also centrally located, putting you within a few minutes drive to all sides of the island.
To book 71 Off Shore for your next Hilton Head Island vacation, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Are you considering a Hilton Head vacation soon? Let us help you plan the perfect getaway that fits your hobbies and interests. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer so many activities from fishing to biking and from tennis to golf that you’ll be hard pressed not to find something you’ll love. Here are 5 great ways to vacation at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Tennis Getaways – If you “love” tennis, we’ve got all sorts of fun packages and activities for you. With the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which sees thousands of visitors every year, you can find clinics, round robins, equipment demonstrations, tennis tournaments and more. We offer tennis vacation packages that include instruction and tennis court time and are even tailored to large groups. If you really love tennis, consider ourExtreme Tennis Vacation!
2) For the Outdoor Lover – There’s so much to do outdoors at Palmetto Dunes and so much beauty to see. The Outdoor Adventure packagerolls the best of our outdoor activities all into one with at least three nights of accommodations in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, kayak rentals, a dolphin cruise, Hilton Head bike rentalsand tennis court time daily.
3) Romance in Bloom – Looking for a romantic getaway for just the two of you? We offer several romance packages like our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration that include spa treatments, bike rentals, kayak rentals and more.
4) Golfers Delight – Get your best golf buddies together and play all three of our championship golf courses, each uniquely challenging. Our golf vacation packages include instruction time, accommodations and tee times, and be sure to take advantage of our free club fittings and free golf demo on Mondays at 4 p.m. at the Robert Trent Jones course.
5) Family Fun – Got kids? We love kids here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Our Ultimate Family package and Sun ‘N Fun Island escape are uniquely designed to entertain all ages down to our smallest guests. Kids will find lots to do at the resort like family tees at our golf courses, junior tennis clinics and round robins, fishing, crabbing and summer Surf School just to name a few.
What kind of Hilton Head package sounds like the perfect fit for your vacation? If we can answer any questions or tailor any package to better fit your needs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.
This Hilton Head vacation rental is in a prime location with easy access to the beach, along with views of both a pool AND our beautiful 11-mile inland lagoon system. You won’t have to look far to realize you’re on vacation here!
Newly-renovated in 2012, 165 Mooring Buoy is a four-bedroom, four-bathroom home that can accommodate up to 12 overnight guests, so it’s perfect for a large family, an extended family or two families traveling together.
Walk up the dual front staircases into a large living room with hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, skylights, brand new furniture and classic Lowcountry plantation shutters. You’ll also find a 50-inch flat screen TV for the few moments you won’t want to be outside!
Off the living area is a den with a sleeper sofa, as well as a fully-equipped kitchen with stainless appliances and hardwoods along with a breakfast area where you can seat four. Eight more people can sit around the dining room table, and don’t miss the wine bar and cooler also off the living room where you can chill your favorite vintage and enjoy a glass as you gaze out at the peaceful lagoon.
Of the four bedrooms, two are downstairs, one offering a new King Jamison bed and Jacuzzi tub in the adjoining bath and the other with two new twin Jamison beds with adjoining bath. Upstairs are the third and fourth bedrooms, each with an adjoining bath, one with a king bed and the other with a queen bed.
You’ll get to fully enjoy the Carolina sunshine with the amazing outdoor features of this Hilton Head vacation home. There is a large deck around the pool with a Webber gas grill for family gatherings. An outdoor table sits four while the rest of the crew can relax on the new lounge chairs. There’s also a washer/dryer to keep you in clean swimsuits and private parking to boot.
Remember, with all Hilton Head vacation homes booked through Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center each day of your stay. You also enjoy the best rates on all resort activities like our three championship golf courses, Hilton Head bike rentals, resort dining and more. Check out all of our amazing vacation packages or give us a call directly at 866-744-7558 and we’ll customize a stay just for your family.
Hope to see you at 165 Mooring Buoy soon!
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.