Sometimes quotes from famous folks – and even not so famous ones – can inspire, make us laugh and remind us that we’re not alone in the struggles and adventures of life. Because tennis is near and dear to our hearts here at Palmetto Dunes, where we have 25 tennis courts and tennis players here nearly every day of the year, we picked some of our favorite tennis quotes of all time to share. Enjoy!
“The serve was invented so that the net could play.” – Bill Cosby
“Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquility.”– Billie Jean King
“I fear no one, but respect everyone.” – Roger Federer
“I play each point like my life depends on it.” – Rafael Nadal
“If you don’t practice, you don’t deserve to win.” – Andre Agassi
“The older I get, the better I used to be.” – John McEnroe
“Tennis just a game, family is forever.” – Serena Williams
“Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill, but you can't play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there.” – Venus Williams
“I only ever run when there's some point to it - say, if it's in a game of tennis.” – Rafael Nadal
“Be bold. If you're going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball.” – Billie Jean King
“I'll let the racket do the talking.” – John McEnroe
And who hasn’t heard this one? “Love is nothing in tennis, but in life it's everything.”
Do you have a favorite tennis quote? Please share!
The weather is warm and sunny here on Hilton Head Island, and our tennis courts are filling up! If you’re looking for the latest fashions to make sure you shine on and off the court, we’ve got them at our 1800 square foot Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop. Inside, you’ll find all things tennis, including racquets, shoes, accessories, sunglasses and adult and junior apparel. Plus, through the end of April, we’re holding our spring clearance sale with discounts up to 50% off. Here are some of our favorite spring tennis arrivals that will have you looking sharp and at the top of your game:
Tail Activewear has two women’s lines that are just in, one appropriately called “Palmetto Dunes” (we can’t help but love that one!) and one named “Desert Springs.” The Desert Springs line brings to mind desert hues with a pink/purple shade, along with black and white, while the Palmetto Dunes line uses more of a peach hue paired with black and white. Both are available in tops, skirts and dresses. Tail garments are designed to perform well by managing moisture, providing wind and rain protection and minimizing friction and fabric creep.
The new Lucky in Love women’s “Hit the Ice” group is a fun collection of prints and colors, featuring tennis images, mesh overlays and scalloped skorts in shades of slate blue, peach and white.
Suffice it to say that color is in this year on the tennis court! Bolle has two colorful lines of tennis wear for women – Mai Tai and Curacao. The Mai Tai line is punctuated by a bright pink, along with gray and white, while the Curacao group is a bright blue paired with white.
You’ll want to be sure your shoes look as snazzy as your outfit, so consider our new colorful Asics. They come in a rainbow of colors like purple, pink, red and blue.
The men’s Center Court Collection from Fila is also in store with tops, shorts and jackets in bright shades of blazing yellow complemented by black. The Nike’s men’s line for spring features a new shade of lime green and a denim blue. We also have the classic apparel line in blue, black and white, as well as the popular Rafa and Federer hats. We love their plaid shorts, as well!
What’s on your tennis fashion list this spring? Let us help you pick the perfect outfit at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop!
Don’t miss our upcoming Smash 1D Team Tennis Challenge May 9-11 for men’s and women’s singles, doubles and combo mixed. Sign up to play here. Be sure to check out our tennis vacation packages, as well, designed for the tennis lover and featuring the best activities our resort has to offer, like biking, kayaking, tennis clinics and more.
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.