Don’t miss the lovely and charming shops at Shelter Cove Harbour as you make your post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping rounds! Not only will you enjoy a fantastic harbour view, but you can find one-of-a-kind gifts from shops like Nash Gallery and the newest boutique to open in the area, Seasons.
The shops at Shelter Cove Harbour will be holding a variety of holiday sales during Black Friday and throughout the weekend. Plus, you can enjoy holiday fun like a visit from Santa at Noon and holiday music from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. both on Black Friday. Be sure to enter to win a variety of prize packages, including gift cards and a 2-night stay at Shelter Cove with an ELA’s dinner gift certificate between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 28. Find all of the holiday happenings in this blog post.
If you’re looking for a deal, here’s what you’ll find at the Shelter Cove sales:
Shelter Cove restaurants will also be offering specials and discounts, as well, when you decide to take a break from shopping to refuel.
Don’t forget that Saturday, Nov. 29 is Small Business Saturday. We really appreciate you supporting our local Hilton Head shops and restaurants!
Just in time for the holidays, we’ve got some help for your golf woes. If you’ve got a burning question or were always curious about some aspect of your golf game, let our head of golf instruction and former PGA pro Doug Weaver come to the rescue.
Send us your golf questions via Facebook, Twitter or Google + by Dec. 15 and you’ll not only be entered to win 2 of Doug’s instructional golf DVDs, but you’ll get your question answered personally – via video – by Doug!
Doug, who is a US Open record holder, offers many great tips to golfers of all ages in his many videos on our YouTube account, as well as in his free weekly Hilton Head golf demonstration on Mondays and the many Hilton Head golf schools and clinics he leads every week.
Take a look at this recent video from Doug showing you how to put like Rory McIlroy:
His DVDs focus on full swing and the short game, and if you purchase your own copy before Christmas, you will receive a questionnaire and 15-minute phone consult with Doug to help lower your scores and increase your enjoyment of golf. As Doug likes to say “Golf is not an easy game, but it is a game of ease.”
Submit your questions soon and good luck!
If the dregs of winter have gotten you down, let us perk you up with dreams of this lovely Hilton Head vacation home just a five-minute walk from the Atlantic Ocean. 193 Mooring Buoy, located within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, will make you feel like royalty pulling up to your beach castle for the week!
The home is beautifully designed both inside and out with its own pool and views of our peaceful 11-mile inland lagoon system. Inside you’ll find a large, light and bright family room and living room with pool views, hardwoods and high ceilings. Cooks will love the large gourmet kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite counters and stainless appliances along with table seating for six and additional counter seating.
There are two master suites – one on the first floor and another on the second – with soaking tubs and large, walk-in showers. Three additional bedrooms and a bonus room with sofa sleeper allow the home to sleep up to 12 guests.
On the second floor, relax on an expansive private deck that overlooks the lagoon and pool. Head outside to the pool, which can be heated, for an additional fee June 1 through October 1 and feel free to cook dinner on the outdoor propane grill. There is also private parking, and guests of the resort enjoy two free hours of tennis court time daily along with free wireless Internet access.
Visit the home’s online profile to view its location on a map of the resort, and see how far it is from various resort amenities.
The home has plenty of availability through April of 2015; be sure to reserve your spot soon before someone else grabs the dates you have in mind. To book 193 Mooring Buoy, please give us a call at 866-650-4130 or book online.
If you’re visiting Hilton Head Island prior to the holidays, be sure to take advantage of our many unique boutiques and shops that you don’t have back home. Whether you have golfers or tennis players in your family or you’re just looking for a one-of-a-kind gift, you’ve got plenty to choose from when it comes to Hilton Head shopping.
1) Nash Gallery – Art lovers will be in heaven browsing this Shelter Cove art gallery. Featuring work from North American artists, you’ll find pieces made from metal, wood and glass, as well as ceramics and even jewelry.
2) Ship’s Store – The Shelter Cove Marina Ship’s Store features all things nautical in apparel, accessories and anything you’d need for a day out on the boat. Tervis Tumblers make great gift items, along with stylish nautical belts, Guy Harvey shirts and Sperry Topsiders.
3) Taffeta – Get your best friends the latest fashions from Europe at Taffeta in Shelter Cove. The clothing boutique specializes in styles from France and Italy for both special occasions and casual wear.
4) Neptune’s Niche – Lowcountry is the theme at this store named after the iconic Statue of Neptune at Shelter Cove. The shop carries works from local artists, including glassware, woodwork, pottery, ironwork and textiles.
5) Seasons – The latest boutique to open at Shelter Cove, Seasons offers women’s apparel, accessories, jewelry and other gift items. You’re likely to find a hot pair of pumps and a gorgeous necklace for your most stylish friends here.
6) Camp Hilton Head – Need a Hilton Head souvenir or casual apparel like T-shirts and hats? Camp Hilton Head at Shelter Cove says they are your vacation headquarters. Give your friends and family a little taste of Hilton Head with items from this unique boutique.
7) Christmas on the Harbour – Celebrate Christmas island style at this pretty little store at Shelter Cove. Not only do they have Department 56 houses, Christopher Radko blown Polish glass, Jim Shore Collectibles and nativities, you’ll also find plenty of one-of-a-kind Hilton Head-themed gift items. Doesn’t everyone need a Hilton Head ornament for their tree?
8) Palmetto Dunes Golf Pro Shops – Golfers will delight in any of our three Hilton Head golf pro shops. For Nike lovers, the Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop is one of only six Nike Concept Shops in the country. Find clubs, accessories, apparel and equipment for all your golf needs.
9) Palmetto Dunes Tennis Pro Shop – Palmetto Dunes also caters to tennis players with thousands passing through the resort every year. Our Hilton Head tennis pro shop offers the latest name-brand apparel and racquets, as well as Solarbat Leverage™ sunglasses, racquet covers, bags and other fun tennis gift items.
10) Hilton Head Outfitters – For the adventure lover, head to Hilton Head Outfitters for gift ideas. Inside you’ll find surfing, biking, paddleboarding and kayaking equipment and accessories, as well as T-shirts and sweatshirts, fishing gear, jewelry, sunglasses and more.
Did we cover everyone on your gift list this year?!
For more information about visiting Palmetto Dunes this holiday season, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
Are you the hostess with the mostest? Then you’ll definitely want to wow your friends, family and colleagues with a holiday party that stands out during this season packed with gatherings. Whether you want to win them over at home or socialize beachfront, Dunes Catering & Events, part of Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, is here to help you pick the perfect party venue and menu.
Who can argue with a Christmas party at the beach? Invite your northern friends down for a taste of a South Carolina coastal Christmas when you choose to have your party oceanfront at the Dunes House, a casual outdoor setting for up to 200 people. This venue regularly hosts weddings, reunions, corporate parties and more, so our staff is ready and able to decorate it to your heart’s content and prepare some fantastic Lowcountry food as you enjoy the ocean breeze.
If you’re looking for an indoor venue for your holiday function, consider the Centre Court Pavilion at Palmetto Dunes, which offers a ballroom-style setting for up to 150 party-goers. The Pavilion is a large, bright and airy room that overlooks the tennis courts and grand oak trees. It also offers a covered, open-air dining pavilion for serving guests a relaxed dinner buffet.
Whether you call the island home year-round or love to find the perfect vacation “home” away from home during the holidays, we’re happy to bring the party to you. Our team is ready to prepare a Southern meal for your guests wherever you desire. Request an event proposal here.
Wherever you choose to enjoy the company of friends and family, Dunes Catering & Events provides a delicious menu of options for dining. Choose from plated dinners, buffets or intimate dinners for smaller groups. We offer a selection of hors d’oeuvres, gourmet cheeses, carving stations, action stations (sushi bar, mashed potato bar and more), dinner menus, buffets (Lowcountry boils, Taste of the South, Southern BBQ) and a full bar and wine selection. View our menu.
Are you ready to plan your Hilton Head holiday party? Give Lou Anne or Lindsay a ring at 843-686-9623 to get started.
If you’ve got some folks in your family who simply adore Hilton Head, why not give them a little taste of the island as their holiday gift? We’ve got 5 ideas for the Hilton Head lovers in your life:
1) Golf flag – For the golfers in your family, why not give them a fun reminder of their rounds at Palmetto Dunes? Come shop in one of our Hilton Head golf pro shops for a flag with the name of one of our golf courses or we’re happy to ship it to you. Why not reserve them a future golf round, as well?
2) Beach-themed ornament – Christmas tree ornaments can be fun reminders of people and places near and dear to your heart. That’s why you should have an ornament representing Hilton Head on your tree. The Palmetto Dunes General Store always has some cute ones in stock – be it Santa riding an alligator or climbing a palm tree J.
3) Hilton Head vacation – Want to see the family go bananas on Christmas morning? Let them unwrap a gift that tells them they’ll be vacationing to Hilton Head Island next spring or summer! Go ahead and book your Hilton Head vacation home and include a few pictures for them to ogle along with a sample itinerary of biking, golfing, playing tennis, kayaking, fishing and more!
4) Palmetto Dunes logoed gear – Our new online store makes it easy to order something and have it sent direct to you without ever having to step outside the door. Choose from a variety of apparel all printed with the Palmetto Dunes logo, including fleece jackets, hats, polos and even robes.
5) Palmetto Dunes Gift Card – For the people you just don’t know what to get, why not a Palmetto Dunes gift card? They can use it at any-resort owned property for goods and services, such as accommodations for vacation rentals, meals at the Dunes House or Big Jim’s, rounds of golf, tennis lessons, bike rentals or even surfing lessons next summer! Buy online.
Which of these Hilton Head Island gifts would you like the most this holiday season? Do you think your family would enjoy receiving them?
If we can help you plan your Hilton Head vacation or ship gift items direct to your doorstep, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
The holiday season is upon us and we’ve got many fun events in the works for those of you considering a Hilton Head holiday getaway. Who can blame you for wanting to gather with your family on our beautiful island with the beach just outside your door?
Hilton Head Island offers all the traditional seasonal activities, as well, like visits with Santa, plentiful holiday shopping and delicious restaurants with seasonal offerings. Here’s just a few of the events you can look forward to throughout November and December:
Santa Claus is Comin’ to Shelter Cove!
Bring the little ones across the street from Palmetto Dunes to Shelter Cove Harbour on Friday, November 28, to see Santa as he makes a quick stop at the beach to find out what every little boy and girl would like under the tree this year.
Santa arrives at noon via a fire truck where he’ll be stationed at Neptune Statue for some great Instagram-worthy Christmas pics! The fun starts long before Santa arrives around 11 a.m. with holiday music, a moon bounce house, a kiddy train ride around the marina and special offers and sales from Shelter Cove merchants.
Santa will hang around until 2 p.m. before leaving our mild beach weather to head back to the snowy North Pole.
Shelter Cove Harbour offers outstanding Hilton Head shopping with a beautiful view. Stroll through our many boutiques and shops for one-of-a-kind items like local ornaments at Christmas on the Harbour and amazing artwork from Nash Gallery. The newest store to open at the Harbour is Seasons, which features women’s apparel, accessories, shoes, jewelry and resort wear -- the perfect spot to find dazzling outfits for upcoming holiday parties!
Throughout the weekend after Thanksgiving and all during the holiday season, Shelter Cove stores will offer sales and specials to cover all of your holiday shopping needs.
It’s Oyster Roast Season!
As we like to say here in the Lowcountry, any month ending with an “r” is the perfect month for an oyster roast, but things really get in full swing in November and December. The Dunes House, open to resort guests and owners at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, hosts an annual oyster roast for our dear friends and family each November.
This year’s event will be Saturday, November 29 from 2 p.m.- 7 p.m. Come shuck some oysters and eat them your favorite way – with lemon, hot sauce or however you prefer! We’ll also have beer specials and a full menu, and did we mention the fantastic ocean view?!
While many plan their beach getaways during the busier spring and summer seasons, we think fall and winter is the perfect time for seaside retreat, especially with your significant other!
As the weather gets cool up north, it’s incredibly uplifting and refreshing to head to warmer climes, even if just for a brief respite. It can lift the spirits and give you endurance to make it through the rest of the cold winter months!
Hilton Head Island and Palmetto Dunes make for great winter and holiday escapes for couples. Plan to take a long weekend away from the kids during holiday break or any weekend you can get away. Just picture in your mind’s eye strolls on the beach, waterfront gourmet meals, and long bike rides, stopping to have a picnic under the palms.
Palmetto Dunes offers many activities for couples. Choose from any or all of the below:
1) A round of golf at any of our 3 championship Hilton Head golf courses
2) 2 hours of complimentary tennis court time daily with a Palmetto Dunes vacation home or villa
3) Golf or tennis lessons
4) Paddle our 11-mile inland lagoon system in a double kayak or canoe from Hilton Head Outfitters
5) Rent bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters and explore the 50 miles of paved paths on Hilton Head Island
6) Have a massage or Hilton Head spa service at Ocean Tides Spa at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort or Spa Soleil at Hilton Head Marriot Resort and Spa
7) Enjoy a gourmet meal with a waterfront view at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina. Choose from restaurants ranging from French and Italian to Mediterranean and Mexican.
We offer a variety of romance packages that combine accommodations with many of these activities. For more information about a couples’ holiday getaway, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
While the sweeping views and tricky ocean breezes of the 10th hole at the Palmetto Dunes’ Robert Trent Jones golf course may get all the attention, the 11th hole is challenging, as well. Part of the resort’s oceanfront Hilton Head golf course, named the 2003 South Carolina golf course of the year, hole 11 is a par 4 that plays 405 yards from the gold tees.
Watch out for the lagoons and sand bunkers to the left and right of this hole, which generally plays downwind. The tee shot needs to be straight, as any approach that slides to the right will most likely find the lagoon, which sits just off to the side.
Need some tips for playing over water? Doug Weaver, our director of golf instruction, says to focus not on lifting the ball over the water but on clipping the tee. Watch:
Says Weaver, “Golf is a game of opposites; when you swing down, the ball goes up.”
Watch the flyover of the Jones 11th hole and of all the holes on our Robert Trent Jones golf course map and be sure to download a scorecard and our free Palmetto Dunes golf app for more tips on the go!
To reserve your Hilton Head golf tee time, visit www.palmettodunes.com where you can save 30% by reserving online in advance. You can also save with multi-rounds of golf starting at just $76 per round in November and $59 per round December through February. Call us at 866-650-4130 for more details.
It’s getting to be that time of year where the cold weather up north drives lots of people down south for our mild, sunny winters. To escape the cold and snow, many of our visitors stay for several weeks or months at a time. To cater to those guests, we offer a variety of sports memberships to make playing golf, tennis or more a daily activity and easier on the wallet.
Fall and winter are the ideal months to play golf with less hot and humid weather and less crowded courses. We offer 30-day golf memberships starting at $650/person and $1080/couple to make sure you get in all the playing time you can handle when visiting us for a longer Hilton Head vacation. You get access to all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses, as well as discounts in our golf pro shops, grills and ranges. You can add additional days on a pro-rated basis.
If you visit Hilton Head Island frequently or are a full-time resident, consider our annual golf membership for a $430 yearly fee per person. This affords you 24-hour advanced tee time reservations and member 18-hole rates, including green fees and cart fees. You also receive discounts in our golf pro shops, grills and ranges with this membership.
Monthly Bike Passes
Hilton Head Island is a fantastic island to see on two wheels. Plus, you’ll bypass traffic while getting exercise at the same time. To help you along, we offer monthly bike passes starting at just $49.99 so you can do all the pedaling you’d like. We even have the bikes waiting for you at your Hilton Head vacation rental upon your arrival and pick up them upon your departure.
Kayak and Canoe Rentals
Sign up for Hilton Head Outfitters’ annual memberships and get unlimited access to kayak and canoe rentals for navigating our 11-mile inland lagoon. With the Hilton Head Outfitters’ annual membership, you also get 10% off all other equipment rentals, such as paddle boards, beach chairs, jogging strollers and more. These memberships are $199 for one person and $299 for two people.
Monthly Sports Membership
If all of the above sounds great to you, consider our Monthly Stay and Sports Membership, which gets you 30-days of accommodations, as well as unlimited golf, Hilton Head bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time per day, starting at $1459 per person. This package is available Nov. 1, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015.
We also offer monthly and annual memberships for tennis aficionados. Call 866-306-4330 for rates.
Which of these memberships floats your boat? Will we see you on your bike or on the courts for a month or more this fall or winter?
For more information about any of these options, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
Stay a Month or More with Palmetto Dunes’ Long-Term Hilton Head Sports Memberships