Let us help you with your holiday gift list this year with unique items from stores around Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Whether you’ve got a golfer, a tennis player, an outdoorsman or an ocean-lover on your holiday list, we’ve got the gift for them! Here are some of our top gift picks for 2013:
Golf Pro Shops
The golfer on your list will love this item from our Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop! The new Garmin Approach S4 GPS golf watch ($349.99) is the perfect idea for the golfer who has everything. This stylish, yet lightweight and comfortable watch uses hi-res touch screen technology and comes with a GPS receiver for precise yardage to the front, middle and back of the greens, plus layup and dogleg distances. There’s even a smart notification feature that lets you receive emails, texts and alerts from your iPhone (iPhone 4s and above models). The battery lasts up to 10 hours in GPS golf mode. Now, that’s a watch!
Be sure to use it while playing one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses: the Robert Trent Jones golf course, the Arthur Hills golf course or the George Fazio golf course.
Tennis Pro Shop
At the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop, we can’t resist the cute Spin Winz! It’s a plastic circle that attaches to the end of your racquet to help decide who serves first when the racquet is spun. Instead of the boring “M or W” or “P or D,” your options include “Trophy or Wife,” “Social or Butterfly” and “Diamonds or Pearls” as examples.
For men, we have a variety of logo shirts, great deals on Prince tennis racquets and shoes from Asics, Adidas and K-Swiss. For women, we have Life is Tennis bags in both Tote and Sling styles in a variety of colorful patterns, and LBH tops in sleeveless and long sleeve in a rainbow of colors.
Hilton Head Outfitters
Grab a new Hilton Head hoodie or Hilton Head Outfitters long-sleeve T. These are great for cooler days and to remind you of your last vacation or upcoming vacation to the island. They are available in a variety of colors, including green, pink and blue.
The Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina
Wouldn’t your loved one look great in a new pair of Costas? Or how about a new pair of Sperry Topsiders? The Ship’s Store offers a broad selection of Costa del Mar sunglasses, and when you buy any pair you get a $20 resort gift card (consider that a gift to youself!). The Ship’s Store has the largest selection of Sperry Topsider shoes on the island with more than 50 styles to choose from. They also carry Guy Harvey shirts, Sanuk sandals, Columbia Sportswear and Tervis tumblers.
The Palmetto Dunes General Store
While it would be nice if you could send your loved one a batch of cinnamon rolls freshly baked from the store, that may not be practical J. Instead choose from the General Store’s selection of coffee mugs, long sleeve T-shirts and sweatshirts. They also have some cute beach-themed ornaments, including Santa Claus with an alligator, a sea turtle and by a palm tree, as well as dolphins, sailboats and more.
Palmetto Dunes Gift Card
Not sure what to get the Hilton Head Island fans in your life? No worries! Just get them a Palmetto Dunes gift card redeemable at point of sale locations around the resort. These include Hilton Head accommodations, golf rounds and lessons, tennis court time and lessons, golf and tennis pro shops, Hilton Head Outfitters, the Ship’s Store at Shelter Cove Marina, Big Jim’s restaurant, the golf grilles and the Dunes House. The cards are now available with free shipping and overnight options … just in case you wait till the last minute.
Come visit our Hilton Head stores this holiday season and choose the perfect gift for the people on your list. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 if you’d like us to ship an item to you. Happy shopping!
Sure, a week is a great vacation to Hilton Head but a month is even better. Not that you needed any more reasons to visit us, but we’ve listed 5 of our top reasons to extend your stay at Palmetto Dunes to at least a month:
1) Play unlimited golf! What’s better than a round of golf? Unlimited rounds of golf! With our Monthly Golf Membership, you can play all three of our championship Hilton Head golf courses as much as you want for an entire month. Choose between our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones course, the Arthur Hills course or the George Fazio course.
2) Ride your bike on all 50 miles of paved island paths. Did you know you could pedal 50 miles across our island? Spend more than a week and see if you can master it all! With monthly Hilton Head bike rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters, you’ll be set with any kind of bike you like, including their new comfort bike, cruisers, kids bikes and more.
3) Get to “love” tennis, if you don’t already. When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you get two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The longer you stay, the more tennis you can play!
4) Kayak to your heart’s content! Palmetto Dunes is home to a beautiful and peaceful 11-mile saltwater inland lagoon system that winds throughout the resort and our golf courses. Get weekly kayak or canoe rentals from Hilton Head Outfitters to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the lagoon, or if you plan to stay several months, consider the affordable yearly membership. See how many birds you can spot in the lagoon during your stay and watch for other wildlife, as well, like a friendly otter who likes to splash around our lagoon.
5) Try lots of Hilton Head restaurants. Here on the island we offer wonderful dining from ethic foods to fresh seafood to gourmet meals with beautiful views. Some suggestions include Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Robert Trent Jones Clubhouse, the beachfront Dunes House (open seasonally to resort guests and property owners), Ela’s Blu Water Grille with harbour views at Shelter Cove Harbour and San Miguel’s Mexican restaurant, also at Shelter Cove.
If you want to do ALL these things on your visit to Palmetto Dunes, consider our Monthly Stay & Sports Membership. It gets you a 30-night stay in a Hilton Head resort villa, 30 days of unlimited golf and bike rentals, two 2-hour kayak rentals and two hours of tennis court time daily, plus plenty of time to walk on the beach.
For more information about any of these memberships or packages, please give us a call at 866-744-7558.
League volunteer, Jackie Reynecke of Hilton Head Island, has been a local league coordinator for more than seven years. She also volunteers while serving as president of the Tennis Association of Hilton Head Island.
“We are so fortunate to have such people and organizations dedicated to promoting and developing tennis,” said Graham Cox, executive director of the USTA South Carolina. "Their accomplishments proudly contribute to our tennis history, yet their true achievement can be seen through the people and communities impacted by their passion and service."
The awards will be handed out at the USTA SC’s Awards Luncheon, held this year on December 7 during the organization’s annual conference at the Wild Dunes Resort at the Isle of Palms.
Jackie’s full-time job as Tournament Director at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center has been hugely beneficial to help bring recognition to the tennis center and sought-after tournaments to the Hilton Head resort. The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center is ranked “#1 tennis resort in the Carolinas” by Tennis Magazine and “#5 in the world overall” by Tennis Resorts Online. Locally, the tennis center was named “2013 Best Racquet Club” by the Island Packet.
USTA Website: http://www.southcarolina.usta.com/Universal_Pages/league_volunteer_of_the_year/
Palmetto Dunes Resort's award-winning tennis center hosted the Banana Open Tennis Tournament this past weekend (October 4 - 6, 2013) opening it's doors to two-hundred forty-three players starting play on Friday morning.
"One of the most popular tournaments at Palmetto Dunes during the year, this year was especially great!" says Jackie Reynecke, tournament director.
View a full list of the results from this tournament here.
Learn more about this tournament and hear from the players in the The Island Packet: Championships dished out at Banana Open tennis finals
Want to play in an upcoming tournament? View the full tennis tournament schedule here. The next tournament coming up is the 19th Annual Wild Wing Café "Nutty Buddy" Tennis Classic, November 1-3, 2013. See you there!
Lots of things heat up in the fall here in Hilton Head, like fishing, golf and also tennis! We host five Hilton Head tennis tournaments in October and November alone at our nationally-lauded Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, featured this summer in “Tennis Magazine” and named the No. 1 Tennis Resort in the Carolinas. Join us as a spectator or a participant this fall for some great tennis court action.
Kicking off the season is the 29th annual Palmetto Dunes Resort Banana Open Challenge October 4-6 for singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Play on our clay courts and enjoy a Saturday night player party with dinner, a cash bar and door prizes, as well as a player gift and continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Sign up to play.
The next two tennis tournaments are open to spectators only. They are USTA championship tournaments. October 11-13 will be the On-Campus Fall Invitational and October 17-21 will play host to the South Carolina Combo Adult and 55 & Over Championships. Come to Hilton Head Island and cheer on your favorite player!
Beginning November is the 19th Annual Wild Wing Café “Nutty Buddy” Tennis Class November 1-3 for mixed doubles and men’s/women’s doubles. Then, finishing off a great year of tennis will be the David M. Carmines Memorial Tennis Championship, benefiting the David M. Carmines Foundation, which provides funds to a variety of nonprofits in the area. Download your entry form.
Take a look at our complete tennis tournament schedule.
Do you love playing tennis in the fall? Visit the island for all of these great tournaments, enjoy special sales at our Hilton Head tennis pro shop during each tournament and take advantage of our many Hilton Head tennis packages. They include the Tennis Stay & Play Package, the Extreme Tennis Vacation and others. Plus, everyone gets two free hours of tennis daily for each night of accommodations you book through Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Call us at 866-744-7558 to book your autumn getaway.
See you on the courts this fall!
Many school systems around the country have switched to year round school, which often results in a longer fall break for kids, sometimes up to two weeks. But whether you have two weeks, one week or just a long weekend for fall break, spending it in Hilton Head is a good choice!
The weather is ideal with high temperatures in the 70s and low 80s, and sports fans will love our choice of outdoor activities. Plus, if a certain someone in your family just can’t miss their favorite team’s football game, we’ve got plenty of places for that, too!
The Sun ‘N Fun Island Escape and the Ultimate Family Package are perfect for families looking for an adventurous beach getaway. The packages start with a minimum three nights of accommodations and include bike rentals, kayak rentals, spa services, golf and more starting at $59 per person per night.
Adventure-seekers will love our Outdoor Adventure Package that lets you kayak, bike, play tennis and enjoy a dolphin cruise. It includes three nights of accommodations, a two-hour kayak rental through our 11-mile inland lagoon system, three days of bike rentals to explore Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike trails, a cruise from Shelter Cove Marina to see Hilton Head’s friendliest mammal, the dolphin, and two hours of tennis court time daily.
Fishing in the resort’s 11-mile lagoon heats up in autumn when the red fish start to spawn. The resort has stocked the lagoon with more than 6000 red fish, and there’s even a 60-plus pound red fish that has been nicknamed “Elvis”. See if you can catch him! Fishing is catch-and-release, and fishing charters are available through Hilton Head Outfitters.
Golfers can hit the greens on one of three award-winning Hilton Head golf courses at the resort, all recently aerified and looking great. We also offer fall golf packages that combine private instruction, tee times and accommodations, such as the Golf Stay & Play Package. The Group Golf Getaway is ideal for friends and family of 12 or more and includes three nights of accommodations, three rounds of golf, as well as discounts on all resort activities and pro shop purchases.
The fall schedule is filled with plenty of tennis action at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, named the Top Tennis Resort in the Carolinas by Tennis Magazine. The Banana Open Challenge October 4-6, the USTA On-Campus Fall Invitational October 11-13, the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult and 55 & Over Championship October 17-21, and the Annual Wild Wing Café Nutty Buddy Tennis Classic November 1-3 offer plenty of chances to be a spectator or to play in these tennis tournaments.
And where can your family member go to catch some football action? Hilton Head Island has plenty of sports bars, and right here within the resort, Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza restaurant located on the Jones golf course offers plenty of big screen TVs, so they won’t have to miss a single pass.
We hope to see you in Hilton Head this fall! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your fall vacation to Hilton Head Island today.
There are just certain things you MUST do on any vacation and of course, here on Hilton Head Island, we think there are a few items that should be on every visitor’s bucket list. Here is the Palmetto Dunes’ Hilton Head Bucket List for every island vacationer:
1) Get your picture taken at King Neptune Statue at Shelter Cove Harbour – This iconic statue at Shelter Cove Harbour, just across from the resort, is actually a sundial. But a pic with this guy is a favorite of vacationers, so add it to your list and post it on Facebook (while you’re there, post it on our Facebook, too)!
2) Eat at the Dunes House – Open only to resort guests and property owners, the Dunes House is a perk you can’t pass up. It’s a restaurant and bar situated right on the beach with delicious fish tacos and yummy frozen cocktails.
3) Catch a fish – Head out in our 11-mile inland lagoon with Captain Trent and see if you can catch a “big red” (reddrum or red fish). Kids, try for a flounder!
4) Get a beanie hat and have it signed by Shannon Tanner – If you visit during the summer, head over to HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour Monday-Thursday at 6:30 or 8 p.m. and catch the famous family performer Shannon Tanner. You must hear him sing “Your Hair Had a Party Last Night” and then you have to get your very own beanie hat (like his) and have him sign it with an inspirational message.
5) Eat the cinnamon rolls at the General Store – There’s no better way to start your morning in Hilton Head than with these sweet pastries from the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Ride your bike over and eat up! Just get plenty of napkins…
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – This is one of our most popular water sports that we offer at Hilton Head Outfitters, located inside the resort. Get lessons from our paddleboard instructor or let him take you out on a group tour of our lagoon. You’ll work your abs, burn lots of calories and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
7) Spot a dolphin – Keep your eye out when at the beach for our favorite friendly mammals. You’ll likely see their fins pop up out of the water. They also often swim up into inlets and tidal creeks, which may be a quieter place to find them during the busier months.
8) Try for a hole in one – Head to one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses and see if you can hit a hole in one. You may improve your odds with a golf lesson from our super fun director of golf instruction Doug Weaver.
9) Try your hand at tennis – All guests of the resort enjoy two hours of free tennis court time daily with each night’s accommodation, so there’s no reason not to see if you and tennis are a “match.” We also offer tennis clinics and lessons every day, along with private instruction.
10) Take a nighttime beach walk – Grab a flashlight and take a moonlit beach walk. You’ll enjoy seeing another side of Hilton Head by night. Just keep watch for sea turtle nests, mamas or babies and stay out of their way. Light can disorient them so keep flashlights off if you spot them.
What’s on your Hilton Head bucket list? What did we miss? For more information about tennis, golf, accommodations or other activities, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or give us a call at 866-744-7558.
Tennis lovers, we’ve got the place for you to have a wonderful beach vacation and get plenty of tennis time, too. Recently featured in the July/August issue of Tennis Magazine, the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center has plenty of activities to fill your week with as much tennis as you want.
Here’s a sampling of what a week-long vacation could be a tennis aficionado:
Arrive Saturday evening, enjoy dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones golf course and head to bed to get an early start on your Sunday.
Head over to one of our 26 tennis courts to enjoy your 2 hours of complimentary tennis court time that comes with every booked accommodation at Palmetto Dunes.
Take in a round of golf at one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses to add a little variety to your Hilton Head tennis vacation.
Try our Daily Drill Clinic focused on the stroke of the day. 10-11 a.m.
Enjoy our weekly Happy Hour at 5:30 p.m. to mix and mingle with other guests here for the week, enjoy cocktails and meet our tennis pros who will perform an exhibition match on center court.
Enjoy lunch at the beachfront Dunes House, open to resort guests. Try a fish taco or Caesar salad with a margarita!
Head over to the Tennis Center for Demo Days to try the latest in racquet technology and see how a new racquet could help your game. 2 p.m.
Give Cardio Tennis a try. Play tennis to music and burns lots of calories. 8-9 a.m.
Join in our daily Tennis Round Robin from 3-4 p.m. Be sure to call and reserve your spot, as we require at least 3 players to hold the event.
Now that you’ve had a couple days of clinics under your belt, try our Competitive Edge Drills for immediate to advanced players. These morning sessions are exhilarating fast-paced practice with a purpose. 11-12:30 p.m.
Take part in our Serve Clinic today, which emphasizes stroke production of the serve, spin, placement and power. 3:30-4:40 p.m.
Scheduled a ½ hour or one hour private or semi-private lesson with one of our tennis pros for a session tailored to your skills.
Our Return of Serve Clinic uses a serving machine to help you practice your return of serve. 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Stop by our 1800-square-foot tennis pro shop and pick up some tennis souvenirs from your Hilton Head vacation.
Book your tennis vacation at Palmetto Dunes for next year and head home safely!
For a complete list of summer tennis clinics, lessons and other activities, view our Tennis Schedule.
What would the ideal tennis vacation look like to you? We offer a variety of tennis packages that combine accommodations with clinics and lessons to give you the best deal on your beach vacation. Take a look at our Tennis Stay & Play Package or our Extreme Tennis Vacation or give us a call at 866-744-7558 for a customized package for your group.