Are you considering a Hilton Head vacation soon? Let us help you plan the perfect getaway that fits your hobbies and interests. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer so many activities from fishing to biking and from tennis to golf that you’ll be hard pressed not to find something you’ll love. Here are 5 great ways to vacation at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Tennis Getaways – If you “love” tennis, we’ve got all sorts of fun packages and activities for you. With the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which sees thousands of visitors every year, you can find clinics, round robins, equipment demonstrations, tennis tournaments and more. We offer tennis vacation packages that include instruction and tennis court time and are even tailored to large groups. If you really love tennis, consider our Extreme Tennis Vacation!
2) For the Outdoor Lover – There’s so much to do outdoors at Palmetto Dunes and so much beauty to see. The Outdoor Adventure package rolls the best of our outdoor activities all into one with at least three nights of accommodations in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, kayak rentals, a dolphin cruise, Hilton Head bike rentals and tennis court time daily.
3) Romance in Bloom – Looking for a romantic getaway for just the two of you? We offer several romance packages like our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration that include spa treatments, bike rentals, kayak rentals and more.
4) Golfers Delight – Get your best golf buddies together and play all three of our championship golf courses, each uniquely challenging. Our golf vacation packages include instruction time, accommodations and tee times, and be sure to take advantage of our free club fittings and free golf demo on Mondays at 4 p.m. at the Robert Trent Jones course.
5) Family Fun – Got kids? We love kids here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Our Ultimate Family package and Sun ‘N Fun Island escape are uniquely designed to entertain all ages down to our smallest guests. Kids will find lots to do at the resort like family tees at our golf courses, junior tennis clinics and round robins, fishing, crabbing and summer Surf School just to name a few.
What kind of Hilton Head package sounds like the perfect fit for your vacation? If we can answer any questions or tailor any package to better fit your needs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.
When you’re returning a serve in doubles, your main goal should be to keep the person on the other side of the net from returning a winning shot. Brian Kiggans, head golf pro at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, says you should always view the return serve as a set-up shot.
To do this effectively, you need a plan. “You should already know where you are wanting the return to be directed before your opponent serves the ball,” says Kiggans. “You should have a plan on the forehand side and on the backhand side (or the same for both).”
According to Kiggans, you have three main choices when returning:
1) Back to the server
2) Toward the net person
3) Lob over the net person
“For example, if John Doe is serving to me, I have preprogrammed my mind that if the ball comes to my forehand I am going to return crosscourt back to the server. If it comes to my backhand, I am going lob over the net person,” says Kiggans. “This is my plan and I am sticking with it no matter what is happening on the other side of the net. If the serve is really difficult to handle and I can’t execute my plan, I just do my best to get the ball back in play.”
You should also plan the action you’re going to take after the return is made as to whether you are going to the net or staying back. Says Kiggans, “For example, I have planned to return crosscourt if the ball comes to my forehand and follow it to the net if it comes to my backhand. I am going down the line and staying back.”
In conclusion, planning ahead is one of the most important things you can do when returning serve and in life!
Get more information Hilton Head tennis clinics and lessons on our website or by calling us at 866-650-4130.
With the arrival of spring comes lots of Hilton Head tennis tournaments at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. It’s the perfect time of year to play with mild temperatures, sunny Carolina skies and beautiful flowers around every corner.
This year the tennis center is hosting several closed tournaments that are open to spectators, as well as plenty that are open to men’s/women’s singles, doubles and combo mixed. The only summer month without a tournament is July, but you’re of course still welcome to enjoy our two hours complimentary tennis court time daily with your Palmetto Dunes vacation rental, take one of our many Hilton Head tennis clinics offered daily or join in our weekly round robins for adults or juniors.
The next tennis tournament coming up is the USTA South Carolina 55 and 75 and Over Championships May 1-5. While this tournament is closed, spectators are welcome!
The following weekend is our Smash T1D Team Tennis Challenge May 9-11, benefitting the No More Diabetes Foundation. The round robin format is open to men’s/women’s singles, doubles and combo mixed. The cost is $50/player and includes two complimentary drinks, Saturday’s lunch, breakfast both Saturday and Sunday, and a tournament T-shirt. You can register to play here.
On May 24, we’ll host the Meals on Wheels Round Robin tournament benefitting Meals on Wheels of Bluffton-Hilton Head in memory of Don Grider, TAHHI Senior and Super Senior Men’s Coordinator. This Hilton Head tennis tournament is open to men’s/women’s doubles 55 and above 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5, as well as 18 and above 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0. The cost to participate is $25 for TAHHI members or $35 for nonmembers and includes beer/soda and a reception and happy hour from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Sign up to play here.
In June, we’ll host our popular annual Banana Open tennis tournament June 6-8. This fun event is open to men’s/women’s singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Presented by the Honor our Heroes Foundation, the event supports our military veterans. Watch this video from a previous year’s tournament:
Lastly, as summer winds down, we’ll host our Palmetto Dunes Tennis Fall Classic August 29-31 for men’s/women’s doubles and mixed doubles. But that’s not the end of the tennis tournaments for the year! Fall revs up with more USTA South Carolina championships and the David M. Carmines Memorial Tennis Championship. There’s never a bad time to play tennis at Palmetto Dunes!
Go ahead and book your stay with us now if you’re planning to participate in or watch an upcoming tennis tournament. That will ensure you get the Hilton Head vacation villa that’s just right for your group and have all the activities you’d like to do, like golf, kayaking, bike rentals and more, all set for your visit.
Give us a call at 866-650-4130 to book your activities and your stay!
The weather is warm and sunny here on Hilton Head Island, and our tennis courts are filling up! If you’re looking for the latest fashions to make sure you shine on and off the court, we’ve got them at our 1800 square foot Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop. Inside, you’ll find all things tennis, including racquets, shoes, accessories, sunglasses and adult and junior apparel. Plus, through the end of April, we’re holding our spring clearance sale with discounts up to 50% off. Here are some of our favorite spring tennis arrivals that will have you looking sharp and at the top of your game:
Tail Activewear has two women’s lines that are just in, one appropriately called “Palmetto Dunes” (we can’t help but love that one!) and one named “Desert Springs.” The Desert Springs line brings to mind desert hues with a pink/purple shade, along with black and white, while the Palmetto Dunes line uses more of a peach hue paired with black and white. Both are available in tops, skirts and dresses. Tail garments are designed to perform well by managing moisture, providing wind and rain protection and minimizing friction and fabric creep.
The new Lucky in Love women’s “Hit the Ice” group is a fun collection of prints and colors, featuring tennis images, mesh overlays and scalloped skorts in shades of slate blue, peach and white.
Suffice it to say that color is in this year on the tennis court! Bolle has two colorful lines of tennis wear for women – Mai Tai and Curacao. The Mai Tai line is punctuated by a bright pink, along with gray and white, while the Curacao group is a bright blue paired with white.
You’ll want to be sure your shoes look as snazzy as your outfit, so consider our new colorful Asics. They come in a rainbow of colors like purple, pink, red and blue.
The men’s Center Court Collection from Fila is also in store with tops, shorts and jackets in bright shades of blazing yellow complemented by black. The Nike’s men’s line for spring features a new shade of lime green and a denim blue. We also have the classic apparel line in blue, black and white, as well as the popular Rafa and Federer hats. We love their plaid shorts, as well!
What’s on your tennis fashion list this spring? Let us help you pick the perfect outfit at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center pro shop!
Don’t miss our upcoming Smash 1D Team Tennis Challenge May 9-11 for men’s and women’s singles, doubles and combo mixed. Sign up to play here. Be sure to check out our tennis vacation packages, as well, designed for the tennis lover and featuring the best activities our resort has to offer, like biking, kayaking, tennis clinics and more.
TripAdvisor recently released its 2014 Travelers Choice Awards, which ranked the United States’ best islands. Guess who came in at No. 9? Hilton Head Island! Says TripAdvisor of our beautiful island: “Long known as a golfer's paradise, Hilton Head Island is heaven for any type of sports enthusiast: tennis, volleyball, polo, championship golf on some of the best fairways in the United States.”
And even better, two of Palmetto Dunes’ attractions topped in at Nos. 4 and 5 as top Hilton Head attractions recommended by travelers. Users of the site voted Hilton Head Outfitters, the official bike shop and outfitters of Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, as the No. 4 out of 59 attractions reviewed on Hilton Head with more than 100 reviews. The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center came in at No. 5 with nearly 70 reviews.
Here’s what a few TripAdvisor users had to say about Hilton Head Outfitters:
“We were staying in Palmetto Dunes and found that this place had the best selection, best prices and best customer service! For no charge, they even delivered all the bikes that we reserved (which we made all the reservations online) and picked them up the day that we left. It really helped us out since we had no way of transporting the bikes ourselves. If you are looking for a bike rental during your stay in Palmetto Dunes, look no further and go here…highly recommended!”
And about the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center:
“This is a great location for a tennis vacation. There are plenty of courts for play! The clay is well kept and the condition of these courts is far better than those at Kiawah Island Resort! The pro shop is well stocked with lots of great gear! The staff [is] warm and friendly.”
How are the winners selected? The Island winners are determined based on the quality and quantity of the most highly-rated hotels, restaurants and attractions listed on TripAdvisor over a 12-month period. The attractions are ranked based on the number and quality of reviews.
It’s no surprise that several of our services ranked tops for users. In 2013, the resort, our golf courses, The Dunes House and Shelter Cove Marina all received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
Come visit Hilton Head Island for yourself and stay at Palmetto Dunes to see what all the fuss is about! Just give us a call at 866-744-7558 or visit www.palmettodunes.com. And if you had a positive experience at Palmetto Dunes, we really appreciate you sharing your opinion with others on TripAdvisor! Give us a review right here.
We love tennis here at Palmetto Dunes! With some 30,000 people coming through the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center each year and only closing our doors one day a year – on Christmas – we’re serious about tennis.
World Tennis Day is coming up March 3, and is an initiative of the United States Tennis Association that supports their charitable arm, providing under-resourced youth and people with disabilities through tennis and educational programs. In celebration of this worldwide day of tennis, we thought we’d share with you 10 reasons why Palmetto Dunes is one of the world’s best tennis resorts.
Our Tennis Center has been recognized by Tennis Magazine as the top tennis resort in the Carolinas and one of the 50 greatest tennis resorts since 1975, as well as a top 10 tennis resort by TennisResortsOnline.com and as one of the top tennis resorts in the world by 10Best.com. Here’s 10 reasons why:
1) Depth and variety of programming -- During our busy season March-August, we host 43 adult tennis clinics and 27 junior clinics for all skill levels taught by 25 different tennis professionals every week! Choose from tennis lessons, clinics, cardio tennis, round robins, tournaments and more.
2) Variety of tennis courts – When you play tennis at Palmetto Dunes, choose from 23 clay courts and two Nova ProBounce courts. We also have six courts lighted for night play for those balmy summer evenings.
3) FREE tennis – All guests who book their Hilton Head vacation rentals through Palmetto Dunes receive two complimentary hours of tennis court time each day of their stay.
4) Year-round Tennis Tournaments – For 2014, we are hosting 15 different tennis tournaments February through November. Some are closed tournaments through the USTA, for which you need to qualify and be a USTA member, while others are open to all participants. Tournaments are always open for spectators.
5) Combine tennis AND vacation – Palmetto Dunes offers a number of great Hilton Head tennis packages that allow you to combine your vacation with your love of tennis. Enjoy all the amenities of the resort, including its 3 championship Hilton Head golf courses, 3 miles of beach, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, Hilton Head bike rentals, 11-mile inland lagoon and so much more.
6) Amazing Hilton Head tennis pro shop – With 1800 square feet of retail space, our tennis pro shop is the largest on the island, carrying a variety of lines and products, including racquets, shoes, accessories, sunglasses, as well as adult and junior apparel. A complimentary Demo Day is offered every Tuesday March–October where guests can try out all the latest equipment and ask pros their questions.
7) Our staff rocks - “It’s unusual for a tennis staff to have been together for so long,” says Jackie Reynecke, group coordinator of tennis for the resort. “We’re all tennis players at all different levels. Being together as a team, year in and year out, and knowing our guests who return year after year, gives us a special and unique ability to service them.”
8) We’re family friendly – The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers more than 25 junior tennis clinics weekly March through August, and we’ve even completed a shortening of our courts for players 10 and younger per new regulations from the USTA. We also offer adult and junior programs at the same time so the whole family can get tennis instruction at once.
9) We’re just plain fun - We have a daily adult round robin that makes for a fun social competition, as well as a Monday night exhibition March through October, with complimentary beer, wine, lemonade, door prizes and plenty of jokes from our Director of Tennis Instruction Brian Kiggans. Whether you’re joining a group tennis clinic or private lesson, the staff at Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center always makes sure “fun” is a top priority when you’re on their courts.
10) Our instruction is top notch – Twenty-five different tennis professionals, all with years of experience, lead instruction each week during the busy season. They are able to customize to each guests’ playing ability or set up a custom program for a group. Guests can also select up to 6 ½ hours of instructional programming a day, so they can play as much or as little as they want.
Did we convince you to come play tennis with us yet? Whether you’re a newbie to the sport or old pro, there’s something for everyone at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Come see why we keep winning award after award!
For information about scheduling tennis court time or to book a Hilton Head tennis getaway, please give us a call at 866-744-7558 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.
Already an owner at Palmetto Dunes or considering a primary or second home at our beautiful Hilton Head resort? Then, come enjoy our annual celebration of homeownership by celebrating the very best of the resort: the ocean, golf, tennis, biking and more. We invite you to the Owner/Guest Tournament Weekend Feb. 7-9.
What’s on tap for this weekend of fun? On Friday, enjoy tee times at all three of our championship South Carolina golf courses throughout the day. Each course offers a different playing experience and beautiful views to boot. Dunes Marketing Group will also host a tour of open houses of Hilton Head properties for sale within the resort. Be prepared, you just might fall in love!
A tennis round robin will take place from 3-5 p.m. at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which has earned us the designation of top tennis resort in the Carolinas from Tennis Magazine, and then attend a complimentary reception and dinner with cash bar at Centre Court Pavilion.
On Saturday, we’ll host a special golf tournament for our owners and guests at the famed oceanfront Robert Trent Jones golf course. There will be a shotgun start at 9 a.m. with scramble format with tee gifts before and prizes afterward. After the tournament, enjoy a BBQ lunch buffet at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza restaurant at the Jones Clubhouse and then head out on Dunes Marketing Group’s complimentary open house tour from 3-5 p.m.
On Sunday, enjoy your favorite activities. If you love tennis, head over for some time on one of our 25 Hilton Head tennis courts or, if you’re a golfer, enjoy one more Hilton Head tee time. Guests can also feel free to bike around the resort, enjoy local shopping, kayak or canoe our 11-mile inland lagoon or enjoy a dolphin cruise or fishing charter. We’re never short of something to do here at Palmetto Dunes!
Be sure to RSVP for this amazing offering by Feb. 1. Contact Ross Javornik at 843-686-9624 or by email at rjavornik@PalmettoDunes.com.
It may seem like Spring Break is far, far away, but the truth is that it will be here before you know it. There are some definite benefits for booking your spring break vacation right now to ensure when it does arrive, it’s just what you dreamed.
Here are 5 great reasons why you should book your Hilton Head Spring Break sooner rather than later:
1) Get the right Hilton Head vacation home – Beat everyone to the punch and pick the perfect vacation home or villa for your family or group before someone else does! By making your reservations now, you can ensure you get the right villa with the right number of bedrooms, the perfect view and all the features you want. Browse them here.
2) Book your activities – Spring Break is a popular time to visit Hilton Head, so we often sell out of Hilton Head bike rentals, kayak rentals, cruises and more. Reserve yours early before they’re all gone! There’s also plenty of activity options to choose from, including our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, the No. 1 tennis center in the Carolinas, 50 miles of paved bike paths and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina for shopping and dining.
3) Get a deal on your flight – If you’ll be flying to see us, booking your flight early can help you save money. For example, JetBlue will begin flying into Hilton Head in time for Spring Break and they are offering some early bird deals for those who book in advance.
4) Save money! When you book your 2014 vacation with us now using promo code WARM, you can get 10% off select homes and villas and a 50% reduced deposit! You can save any time of year by booking Hilton Head golf tee times in advance as well.
5) Start dreaming – If you’ve already got your vacation planned and in the books, you can dream about it from now until the day arrives to hop in your car or hop a plane to Hilton Head. In the meantime, sneak a peek at our golf and beach webcams!
Are you planning a vacation to Hilton Head in 2014? When will you be visiting? To get started planning your trip, give us a call at 866-744-7558.
It’s been a good year for this South Carolina beach resort! Palmetto Dunes not only received a number of high profile honors and accolades recognizing everything from our championship Hilton Head golf courses and tennis facilities to our family friendliness and outstanding staff, but we also started several new events that were a great success.
Here’s a quick look back at our star-studded 2013:
The Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center was honored to host a number of high-profile state championships for the United States Tennis Association (USTA). In May, seniors from across South Carolina headed to Hilton Head to take home top honors in the USTA South Carolina 40 & Over Championships, formerly known as the Senior Championships. Then in October, we hosted the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult Championships. Our very own Jackie Reynecke, who helped coordinate these events, was also named the South Carolina League Volunteer of the Year for the USTA.
The Tennis Center was featured in the July issue of Tennis Magazine in a large spread about the resort and was recognized again by TennisResortsOnline.com as the No. 9 Top Tennis Resort in the world and No. 4 Top Junior Tennis programs in the world. Plus, the users of TripAdvisor named the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center the No. 1 attraction in Hilton Head.
Our golf courses are always wonderful to play with their varied attributes and amazing layouts, but they were especially regarded this year. The Arthur Hills golf course got a shout-out from Golf Digest magazine as a top Hilton Head course, in an article that also designated the island as a Best Buddies Trip Destination. PGA.com selected the famous oceanfront No. 10 hole at the Robert Trent Jones golf course a “South Carolina dream hole” and we couldn’t agree more!
We also launched a brand new golf app for the iPhone and Android, which now has thousands of users. Using your phone, you can check yardage information, book your tee time, set up leader boards and order food at our golf grilles so it’s hot and ready when you finish your round. Download it by searching for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on your favorite app store.
New Events at Shelter Cove Harbour
Several events made their debut at Shelter Cove Harbour this year to great acclaim. Taste on the Harbour kicked off in March. Due to the event’s success, we hosted the event again in October, offering featured menus, drink specials and tastings from Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants on select nights combined with live music from local island bands.
Additionally, Parrot Palooza joined our already very popular HarbourFest summertime event, which celebrated 25 years. Shannon Tanner and the Oyster Reefers, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band, entertained attendees on Friday evenings with island style music as they danced and sang the night away while the sun set over Broad Creek.
The finish off the year with a bang, Travel + Leisure magazine named Palmetto Dunes to its Top 25 World’s Best Family Getaways in its November issue. This made our resort the highest-ranking in South Carolina. The awards are based on a survey of the magazine’s readers. “Whether it’s reeling in a trophy redfish, learning how to properly swing a golf club or riding the waves on a surfboard, Palmetto Dunes has so much to offer families year round,” said Brad Marra, assistant vice president of resort operations for Palmetto Dunes.
What’s coming next year? More good things! Palmetto Dunes will be launching a brand new device-responsive website, using the latest online booking technology and designed for ease of use by our wonderful guests. For golfers, the Jones course will be adding new GPS-enabled touch screen systems for all golf carts, which offers course fly-overs, yardage, hole information and more. There’s so much more in store… you’ll just have to come visit us to see it all!
For more information about vacationing at Palmetto Dunes, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-744-7558 to get started booking your spring or summer Hilton Head getaway.
Many school systems around the country have switched to year round school, which often results in a longer fall break for kids, sometimes up to two weeks. But whether you have two weeks, one week or just a long weekend for fall break, spending it in Hilton Head is a good choice!
The weather is ideal with high temperatures in the 70s and low 80s, and sports fans will love our choice of outdoor activities. Plus, if a certain someone in your family just can’t miss their favorite team’s football game, we’ve got plenty of places for that, too!
The Sun ‘N Fun Island Escape and the Ultimate Family Package are perfect for families looking for an adventurous beach getaway. The packages start with a minimum three nights of accommodations and include bike rentals, kayak rentals, spa services, golf and more starting at $59 per person per night.
Adventure-seekers will love our Outdoor Adventure Package that lets you kayak, bike, play tennis and enjoy a dolphin cruise. It includes three nights of accommodations, a two-hour kayak rental through our 11-mile inland lagoon system, three days of bike rentals to explore Hilton Head’s 50 miles of paved bike trails, a cruise from Shelter Cove Marina to see Hilton Head’s friendliest mammal, the dolphin, and two hours of tennis court time daily.
Fishing in the resort’s 11-mile lagoon heats up in autumn when the red fish start to spawn. The resort has stocked the lagoon with more than 6000 red fish, and there’s even a 60-plus pound red fish that has been nicknamed “Elvis”. See if you can catch him! Fishing is catch-and-release, and fishing charters are available through Hilton Head Outfitters.
Golfers can hit the greens on one of three award-winning Hilton Head golf courses at the resort, all recently aerified and looking great. We also offer fall golf packages that combine private instruction, tee times and accommodations, such as the Golf Stay & Play Package. The Group Golf Getaway is ideal for friends and family of 12 or more and includes three nights of accommodations, three rounds of golf, as well as discounts on all resort activities and pro shop purchases.
The fall schedule is filled with plenty of tennis action at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, named the Top Tennis Resort in the Carolinas by Tennis Magazine. The Banana Open Challenge October 4-6, the USTA On-Campus Fall Invitational October 11-13, the USTA South Carolina Combo Adult and 55 & Over Championship October 17-21, and the Annual Wild Wing Café Nutty Buddy Tennis Classic November 1-3 offer plenty of chances to be a spectator or to play in these tennis tournaments.
And where can your family member go to catch some football action? Hilton Head Island has plenty of sports bars, and right here within the resort, Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers and Pizza restaurant located on the Jones golf course offers plenty of big screen TVs, so they won’t have to miss a single pass.
We hope to see you in Hilton Head this fall! Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your fall vacation to Hilton Head Island today.
Tennis lovers, we’ve got the place for you to have a wonderful beach vacation and get plenty of tennis time, too. Recently featured in the July/August issue of Tennis Magazine, the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center has plenty of activities to fill your week with as much tennis as you want.
Here’s a sampling of what a week-long vacation could be a tennis aficionado:
Arrive Saturday evening, enjoy dinner at Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza at the Robert Trent Jones golf course and head to bed to get an early start on your Sunday.
Head over to one of our 26 tennis courts to enjoy your 2 hours of complimentary tennis court time that comes with every booked accommodation at Palmetto Dunes.
Take in a round of golf at one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses to add a little variety to your Hilton Head tennis vacation.
Try our Daily Drill Clinic focused on the stroke of the day. 10-11 a.m.
Enjoy our weekly Happy Hour at 5:30 p.m. to mix and mingle with other guests here for the week, enjoy cocktails and meet our tennis pros who will perform an exhibition match on center court.
Enjoy lunch at the beachfront Dunes House, open to resort guests. Try a fish taco or Caesar salad with a margarita!
Head over to the Tennis Center for Demo Days to try the latest in racquet technology and see how a new racquet could help your game. 2 p.m.
Give Cardio Tennis a try. Play tennis to music and burns lots of calories. 8-9 a.m.
Join in our daily Tennis Round Robin from 3-4 p.m. Be sure to call and reserve your spot, as we require at least 3 players to hold the event.
Now that you’ve had a couple days of clinics under your belt, try our Competitive Edge Drills for immediate to advanced players. These morning sessions are exhilarating fast-paced practice with a purpose. 11-12:30 p.m.
Take part in our Serve Clinic today, which emphasizes stroke production of the serve, spin, placement and power. 3:30-4:40 p.m.
Scheduled a ½ hour or one hour private or semi-private lesson with one of our tennis pros for a session tailored to your skills.
Our Return of Serve Clinic uses a serving machine to help you practice your return of serve. 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Stop by our 1800-square-foot tennis pro shop and pick up some tennis souvenirs from your Hilton Head vacation.
Book your tennis vacation at Palmetto Dunes for next year and head home safely!
For a complete list of summer tennis clinics, lessons and other activities, view our Tennis Schedule.
What would the ideal tennis vacation look like to you? We offer a variety of tennis packages that combine accommodations with clinics and lessons to give you the best deal on your beach vacation. Take a look at our Tennis Stay & Play Package or our Extreme Tennis Vacation or give us a call at 866-744-7558 for a customized package for your group.
When March rolls around on Hilton Head Island, our minds start to wander toward tennis. Imagine mild days of sunshine spent on the courts, perfecting our skills and playing with friends. Spring is the beginning of Hilton Head tennis in all its glory and the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center revs up with tournaments, happy hours, weekly demonstration days, daily round robins and more.
March through October the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center gets into full “swing”! We offer a full plate of Hilton Head tennis lessons and clinics that give you plenty of flexibility to do as much or as little as you want. For example, you might want to fill your morning with instruction, but head to the courts – or the beach – in the afternoon.
Some of the drills and clinics on our schedule include our Return of Serve & Regular Serve clinics which work on two of the most important strokes in tennis that are the least practiced, our Stroke of the Day which focuses on a new stroke daily, our daily drill for beginner to intermediate players, and our Cardio Tennis class. Of course, we are also able to provide private and semi-private tennis lessons for one-on-one or small group instruction.
We also offer a full schedule of Junior Tennis Programs March through Labor Day and on holidays. Classes include Short Shots Clinic, Stroke of the Day, and a Junior Tennis Camp. View the complete Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center Programs Schedule for Spring 2013.
This time of year we introduce some fun, free weekly events for guests to socialize while enjoying tennis. On Monday nights at 5:30 p.m., we host our welcome exhibition and happy hour with complimentary beer, wine and lemonade, as well as door prizes. On Tuesdays at 2 p.m. we host a weekly Demonstration Day where players can see and try out the latest tennis equipment and have the opportunity to match a racquet to their playing style. Also during March through October, we have a daily adult round robin that makes for a fun social competition.
We also host a variety of tennis tournaments from February through October, including the popular Banana Open Challenge, where individuals qualify by participating in a variety of regional tournaments, as well as several USTA South Carolina state championships. View the full Hilton Head tennis tournament schedule.
Here are a few other things you might not know about the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center:
Are you ready to come play tennis at Palmetto Dunes this spring? Call us at 866-744-7558 to get closer to playing Hilton Head tennis today!