Celebrate Hilton Head’s 350th Birthday by Land and by Sea at Palmetto Dunes
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue to discover America, and in 1663 Captain William Hilton was the first to spot the Lowcountry jewel that is today Hilton Head Island. On an expedition to explore lands granted to King Charles II, Hilton sighted the island named for the headland near the entrance to Port Royal Sound.
In celebration of this momentous occasion, Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is offering the Happy Birthday Hilton Head package, inviting guests to see the island as Captain Hilton first saw it by sea, as well as enjoy the modern amenities the island offers today. Guests will enjoy adventures like ziplining, kayaking and a nature cruise, as well as fall outdoor sports like golf and tennis and a special “birthday” present.
The Happy Birthday Hilton Head package includes:
- 3 nights’ accommodations in a 2-bedroom resort view villa.
- Dolphin cruise or nature tour through Broad Creek to see Hilton Head by sea, just as Captain Hilton did 350 years ago.
- 1 round of golf per person at one of the resort’s three championship golf courses to experience Hilton Head as “the golf island”.
- A chance to see the island from above with Zipline of Hilton Head on a 2-hour eco adventure tour by zipline over Broad Creek.
- 3 days of bike rentals and a 2-hour kayak excursion to “explore” the island in the spirit of Captain Hilton.
- Two hours of free tennis court time daily to experience the island as a top tennis destination. Tennis Magazine has named Palmetto Dunes the top tennis resort in the Carolinas.
- A “birthday” gift of Hilton Head souvenirs, including a Hilton Head T-shirt, Palmetto Dunes’ Tervis Tumbler and HHI Euro car sticker.
The package starts at $214/per person and is available through December 31, 2013.
The Town of Hilton Head Island will also be hosting a special 350th celebration September 30-October 5, 2013 with special historic tours and lectures and other events.
For more information about Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort or to book the package, please call 877-567-6513 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.
About Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is a 2,000-acre resort destination located in the middle of Hilton Head Island, S.C., bounded by 3 miles of Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and a sheltered Intracoastal Waterway marina on the other. The resort features three world-class golf courses, an award-winning tennis center, an 11-mile inland salt-water lagoon system for kayaking and fishing, and Hilton Head Outfitters for bike rentals, canoes, kayaks, fishing and much more. The Mediterranean-style Shelter Cove Harbour deep-water marina, located right across from Palmetto Dunes, features waterfront shopping and dining and a wide variety of charters, including nature cruises, dolphin tours, sport crabbing and fishing. For information about activities or reservations, please call 877-567-6513 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.
About Greenwood Communities & Resorts
Based in Greenwood, S.C., Greenwood Communities & Resorts has been a leader in the creation and management of award-winning residential and resort communities in the southeastern United States since 1978. Beginning with the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island, S.C., and now including communities like The Reserve at Lake Keowee, Big Canoe near Atlanta and The Ponds in Charleston, Greenwood’s mission has always been to create memorable places that foster meaningful and fulfilling lives. For more information, please call 843-785-1106 or visit www.greenwoodcr.com.