“On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.” … If you want to give your love a gift of golf this year, consider these dynamite dozen quick and easy options that can be shipped directly to your favorite golfer.
1. Personalized Bag tags spark the excitement of the memory of the Palmetto Dunes Golf experience and can awaken the anticipation of visiting there soon. Also, the “tag” identifies your “bag” so that it will be handled correctly. Personalized ball markers are also available.
2. Head covers are leather, logo-ed and long lasting protection. Every time the golfer touches their head cover, no matter where they are, it transfers quality and confidence into the next shot.
3. Golf balls for the best or particular player, e.g. Titleist Pro V1 with a sale price with college logos Clemson, Ohio State and USC Gamecocks. New golfers will enjoy the Taylor Made Project A.
4. A lesson with a nurturing PGA Professional will allow the recipient to create memories and get better at a game they love. Men and some women are known for not caring for themselves. Give them the know-how they need. Private lessons at PD include take-home video analysis, emailed notes and practice before and after. If you have questions, please call the Director of the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, Doug Weaver, at 843-338-9598. We can e-mail a certificate to you in minutes.
5. Dress for success. Under Armour shirts, caps and shoes always make us dream of playing like Jordan Spieth, while also making us feel athletic like an NFL football player. Peter Millar Polo RLX and Nike golf clothes always make a golfer happier and make them play better.
6. US Kids Golf Club sets bring back the memories of children on Christmas Day enthusiastically choosing which golf bag compartment was for balls, which was for tees and which was for the “water ball.” This teaches them organization skills, planning ahead and it shows parents the excitement of golf to come. Call a PD Pro Shop and provide your child’s height and we can fit the clubs. Also, ask for Birdie Balls that can be hit in the yard.
7. Ricky Fowler junior hats of all color or PD logoed hats that fit all. Buy one get one half off, choosing from plenty of variety and styles.
8. Golf bags — Nike, Taylor Made and Ping have outstanding carry bags or the larger staff bags will make your golfer look like a true professional.
9. Pre-paid rounds of golf. Did you know that you could make a tee time and pre-pay it? You can also get gift a gift card for PD’s three courses that allows the golfer to make the tee time. When you purchase the gift card, just be sure to let the professional know your intent.
10. Advice from a Golf Psychologist. This affordable gift can be life changing. Most golfers have several bad shots or habits that are rooted in their personality, resulting from influences from work habits, parents, friends or other golfers who improperly mentored them. Mentalgolfworkshop.com is a professional online golf psychology service that identifies the golfer's patterns and offers a report on how to blend your personality into successful golf. The Web site offers testimonials from PGA Tour players, parents and college coaches. The service is branch of the DISC Profile System used worldwide in the Human Resources Industry. The cost is $65 and includes a free follow-up consultation with Golf Digest Magazine No. 2-ranked instructor in all of South Carolina, Doug Weaver, when you use the access word “palmetto.”
11. Time with a golf exercise trainer. Many people and golfers alike lose confidence in themselves simply because they have lost flexibility A Golf Mobility Class will increase confidence in kids and adults becoming more mobile, agile and stronger, therefore, seeing the ball go farther and straighter effortlessly. Also, the class benefits normal activity in life.
12. Frustration pills! The best medicine is fresh air and time playing on the course with a professional. Play with the pro and let them learn as they go. It’s kind of like going fishing in the local salt marshes or ocean — a guide is necessary, otherwise it is blind luck to catch a fish. Studies prove that many people quit golf or reduce their play significantly because they are frustrated, not successful or having fun. Enjoyment can be enhanced and quitting can be prevented by time with a coach, who teaches you how to enjoy the game.
Golf is a game for a lifetime. If you need any help choosing that special golf gift … or if you’re in need of golfing advice … please call 866-744-7558 and ask for the Pro Shop. We will help you find a gift that will be well received and cherished for many years.