Right across the street from Palmetto Dunes is Shelter Cove Harbour
, our Mediterranean-style marina, dining and shopping village. Ride your bike beneath Highway 278 to access the marina or hope a ride on the free Dunes Buggy
during the summer season.
There, you’ll find many different unique boutiques, gourmet restaurants with waterfront views and all sorts of fun activities that you can do in and around the harbour and marina. Here are 7 of our favorites:
1) Take a Hilton Head fishing charter – Several different fishing charters operate out of Shelter Cove Marina, including Gullah Gal, True Grits and Bayrunner. You can choose to go inshore fishing, offshore fishing, wreck fishing and even shark fishing!
2) Go jetpacking – You only live once (#YOLO), so why not give jetpacking a go? It’s definitely a bucket list item. Blast off over Broad Creek with HHI Jetpack.
3) Rent a kayak – The waters of Broad Creek are a great spot to explore via kayak. Look for dolphins, birds and even the occasional otter and manatee as you navigate our waters with your Hilton Head kayak rental.
4) Go parasailing – Get a view of Broad Creek from above with Parasail Hilton Head. Get 10% off your ride using code “Web.”
5) Ride a bike – Rent bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters and pedal over from Palmetto Dunes. Explore all Shelter Cove has to offer from restaurants to shopping to views and entertainment by bike!
6) Try stand up paddleboarding – Outside Hilton Head offers stand up paddleboards, or SUP, for rent out of Shelter Cove Marina. It’s one of the fastest growing water sports and a total-body workout that uses your core, legs and upper body as you balance and paddle through the water. If you’re really daring, try SUP yoga!
7) Go water skiing – Get the whole family in on this activity. With Family Ski Day, you get several hours to tube, water ski, wake board and knee board for up to six people.
What activity would you most like to try at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina?
For more information about Hilton Head vacation rentals on your next vacation, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.