The Fourth of July is the holiday of summer, and we can’t think of a better place to spend it than at Palmetto Dunes. There will be special events happening all day long, ending with the biggest display of fireworks on Hilton Head Island at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina!
Before you “ooh and ahh” at our spectacular Fourth of July fireworks display, head to Shelter Cove Harbour for music and entertainment by Shannon Tanner, our beloved entertainer and musician from HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour. Tanner will host two performances at 7:00 and 8:30 p.m. on July 4, so get your dancing shoes on and your singing voice ready! Cappy the Clown will also be there with kids activities, face painting and more from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.!
Take the time to stroll around the largest, beautiful marina and visit shops and boutiques while waiting for the fun to begin. Pick one of the six restaurants at Shelter Cove Harbour and make the most of your Fourth of July holiday by dining in style. Many of our restaurants offer outdoor patios, live music and water views.
Because our Independence Day celebration is so popular, parking can fill up quickly at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina. Two additional parking lots along Highway 278 will be made available nearby on July 4th. Leave your car in one of these secure parking lots and hop the free shuttle, which runs from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., over to Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina and back.
If you’re staying with us at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, an even better way to get to the fireworks is to walk or ride your bike (Hilton Head Outfitters) is happy to help you with bike rentals!). Take the pedestrian access that runs underneath Highway 278 for safety and to avoid traffic. The free Dunes Buggy shuttle will also be running between the resort and Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina for guests of the resort.
This year’s Fourth of July fireworks will start at 9:30 p.m. If, due to weather or safety concerns, the fireworks are postponed or cancelled the make-up night will be the next evening, July 5th. For show updates, call the fireworks hotline at 843-400-4344.
Every Thursday evening from April 2-May 21, visitors to Shelter Cove will enjoy live music from local bands, as well as appetizers and drink specials from Shelter Cove restaurants. One of the best parts of the evening is dancing! Everyone joins in around the iconic Neptune Statue as the musicians perform while the sun sets over Broad Creek.
The event runs from 6-9 p.m., so be sure to stop by before or after dinner at one of our delicious Shelter Cove restaurants, offering everything from Mexican and Italian to Mediterranean and French -- all with a water view.
If there’s a certain band you’re looking to see, here is the schedule to help you plan your visit:
This event is free to the public and weather permitting. Please remember no coolers or outside food is allowed. We will also be accepting canned good donations for the Deep Well Project.
See you at Neptune Statue this spring!
It’s almost the New Year, the time when everyone sets resolutions, many of which are health or fitness related. While there’s plenty of calorie-burning activities you can do on Hilton Head Island outside of the gym from running on the beach to kayaking our 11-mile lagoon to surfing the waves, we’ve put together 5 cool apps that can help you meet your more traditional fitness resolutions when you vacation with us.
For more information about booking your Hilton Head vacation at Palmetto Dunes, visit us at www.palmettodunes.com or call 866-650-4130.
Many of our visitors tell us how much they love staying in a Hilton Head vacation home or villa when they visit the island. We thought we’d share with your our 6 top reasons why you’ll love staying in a Hilton Head vacation rental.
More space - Forget crowding in a small hotel room with all your family members; in a vacation home or villa, you can spread out, giving everyone some breathing room. Each member can have their own bedroom or you can share, but Mom and Dad can retreat to the master for a break either way.
Pack light - In Palmetto Dunes’ vacation homes and villas, you get access to your own washer and dryer, which makes packing so much easier. Instead of packing for every single day you’ll be visiting, you can wash and re-wear clothing throughout your trip. This is also very handy for wet swimsuits, and you can even return home with a suitcase full of clean rather than dirty clothes.
Save on dining - With access to a kitchen in our homes and villas, you can eat some of your meals there. You may choose to start off the day with breakfast each morning in the villa, enjoy some lunches there as you take a break from the day’s activities or even cook an entire dinner for your family. The choice is yours!
Amenities - Many of our homes and villas come with amenities like multiple big screen TVs, DVD players, free WiFi, private decks and patios, ocean views and more, providing additional activities for your family and making your experience more luxurious.
Privacy - With a vacation home or villa, you often get more privacy than at a busy hotel. Head back for some peace and quiet any time you need a break from the action. With the additional space and amenities, you won’t dread coming back to your accommodation, but enjoy it.
Priority Access - When you book your Hilton Head vacation home with Palmetto Dunes, you get special priority access to our resort activities. For each night you stay, you enjoy two hours of free tennis court time, access to our beachfront Dunes House only available to resort guests and property owners, as well as discounts on dining, golf, tennis lessons, resort shopping, kayaking and more.
Which vacation home should you choose? Browse our many options and filter them by number of bedrooms, location, view or even the number of individuals it will sleep. Book online or give us a call at 866-650-4130.
In a recent blog post, we provided you with video answers to some of your most pressing golf questions. Now, we’ve compiled some tips from Palmetto Dunes Director of Golf Instruction and former PGA pro Doug Weaver to help you do everything from perfect your putt to refine your swing in the New Year.
Here are 15 golf tips from Doug to get you off to a great start on the green:
1. Let others watch the ball. If you look up, you will not like what you see.
2. Listen for the putt to drop. When you turn to watch the ball go in, that action changes your alignment. Looking up usually happens before impact, therefore causing stroke misdirection and missing the sweet spot.
3. Tell one joke per round. The benefits of laughing will lower your score. Laughing produces a sense of well-being, lowers the heart rate and stress hormone levels. It also releases endorphins that are natural pain relievers. Also, you will more than likely to be invited back to play, regardless of your score.
4. When it’s breezy, swing easy. When you swing at pace of 70 percent, you are more likely to strike the sweet spot. The sweet spot produces more distance and imparts a spin on the ball that aids in overcoming the influence of the wind.
5. Remember that golf is a game of opposites. The harder you try, the worse you do. This always gets giggles, and all golfers say it is true.
6. Visit www.mentalgolfworkshop.com (password palmetto). Yogi Berra said, "Golf is 90 percent mental and the other 10 percent requires a lot of thinking.”
7. Watch the movie Seven Days in Utopia. Robert Duvall is the star, along with a number of PGA Tour players. Put yourself in the character of Lucas Black.
8. Attend the Free Golf Class at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course on Mondays from 4 to 5 p.m. It’s hands-on, interactive and you may even win a prize
9. Take a golf lesson from a pro who keeps it simple. The fewer the words, the better. After all, actions speak louder than words.
10. Understand that putting correctly will help your driver go farther. Golf is actually much simpler than most think. The fundamentals of excellent putting can be applied to improve your driver as well.
11. Transfer your present skills into golf. What hobbies or skills do you have? We can take the fundamentals of that skill and transfer the principals into golf. For example, when your posture and hand placement are done correctly, this leads to unconscious finger movement and minimal errors.
12. Read fewer golf books. An ancient Chinese proverb says, “experiencing is the best way to learn.” An effective coach will have you experiencing successful golf with a hands-on method in much less time.
13. Trust a proven coach for all areas of your game. Jordan Speith expresses significant gratitude to his entourage.
14. Perspire 15 minutes before you practice and play. The perspiration tells you your body has blood flowing to all your joints, ligaments and tendons and to every brain cell. You are ready to swing fluidly, creating effortless power not powerless effort.
15. Attend the Palmetto Dunes Golf Forum on February 24. This will be an evening of golf entertainment, education and enjoyment.
January and February are great months to play golf on HIlton Head Island, says Doug. Book your tee times at one of our three championship Hilton Head golf courses, or sign up for lesson, golf school or clinic at the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy.
The weather is turning frightful for much of the country -- doesn’t a sunny getaway to Hilton Head Island sound delightful? Whether you come in winter or wait until the more balmy spring and summer months, it’s always a great time to hang your hat at this Palmetto Dunes vacation villa.
This beautiful Hilton Head vacation villa located at 38 Hickory Cove offers a pool view and room to sleep up to nine vacationers. The two-story rental has a spacious living room, full kitchen with breakfast bar and a large private deck with grill for outdoor barbecues.
It features three bedrooms, one of which is downstairs with a queen bed and its own bath. Upstairs, you’ll find the master suite with king bed along with a twin daybed for extra room. Off of the master, a private balcony overlooks the pool. The third bedroom, also upstairs, has two double beds and its own bathroom, as well.
The villa also comes with a handy washer and dryer, so you can wash and wear as you go without the need to pack quite so much. 38 Hickory Cove is also just steps from the pool and a short bike ride from the beach or the Dunes House.
Remember, when you book through Palmetto Dunes, you also get access to the Dunes House, open to property owners and guests only, as well as discounts and priority access to all resort amenities, as well as two hours of tennis court time daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center.
For more information about booking this Hilton Head vacation rental, visit www.palmettodunes.com or give us call at 866-650-4130.
As you countdown to the New Year and celebrate with a glass of bubbly, you might as well be doing so seaside! Come spend New Year Eve with us here at Palmetto Dunes and enjoy a rolicking night of fun at one of the below celebrations or hang out in your villa or home rental for a more private party.
Be sure to take advantage of our special winter rates, starting at just $159 per night for a two-bedroom villa through February, including New Year’s Eve! Plus, if you book by Dec. 26 for a stay through Jan. 31, 2015, using code HAPPYNEWYEAR, you’ll receive 15% off 3-night stays and a $50 resort gift card, plus discounts on tee times, bike/kayak/canoe rentals and two hours of complimentary tennis court time daily.
The beachfront Omni Hotel inside the resort will be hosting a New Year’s Eve party. Beginning at 6 p.m., enjoy a special four-course dinner, music and dancing at the hotel’s XO Lounge. David Bohn, a 12-string acoustic guitarist who plays favorites from the 60' and 70's, will entertain during dinner followed by Candace Woodson, an island favorite who engages the crowd and fills up the dance floor with a unique blend of R & B, Motown, pop and requests. XO lounge is a cosmopolitan night spot just steps from the ocean, voted best Hotel Bar on the island by Hilton Head Monthly readers. The cost for the event is $85/person with dinner.
Head across the road to Shelter Cove Harbour for a New Year’s Eve celebration at ELA’s Blu Water Grille, a favorite of celebrities when they visit the island. This beautiful restaurant with fantastic marina views will have dinner specials, live music, dancing, a balloon drop and a champagne toast at midnight. Dinner seatings will be at 5 p.m., 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. with live music from the John Wasem Duo. The pre fixe menu includes appetizers, an entree and a dessert with entree choices of seared Branzino, sweet & bubbly surf and turf, or a veal chop.
Give us a call at 866-650-4130 or visit www.palmettodunes.com to reserve your Hilton Head Island stay for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. We can’t think of a better way to start off 2015!