If your dog likes Hilton Head Island just as much as you do, we’ve got good news! Palmetto Dunes currently has several Hilton Head vacation homes and villas available seasonally for dogs up to 40 pounds -- and their owners J.
Beginning October 1 through March 31, Palmetto Dunes has several select villas and homes fit for you and Fido -- at additional charge. Choose from the following:
1868 St. Andrews Commons – With golf course and lagoon views, this first-floor villa has one bedroom, a private patio and all new furnishings and decor.
43 Hickory Cove – Close to the beach, this 3-bedroom town home overlooks the pool and sleeps up to 10 (not including dogs :)).
5 Midstream – This beautiful 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom Hilton Head vacation home comes with its own pool and spa, screened porch and lagoon view.
Keep in mind that if you do bring your pooch along for the trip that there are some restrictions for pets on the beach. During peak season, there are times when they are not allowed on the beach or must be on a leash. Generally, during the season that we offer pet-friendly Hilton Head rentals, pets can be on the beach if they are under positive voice control.
Let us know if you have any other questions about bringing your pup along with you to Hilton Head. For more information about our pet-friendly vacation rentals, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
One of the top reasons folks venture down our way is for our amazing beaches that stretch along the Atlantic Ocean. On Hilton Head Island, you will find a total of 12 miles of beach, including 3 miles just within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort alone!
The island is actually just 5 miles wide and shaped like a foot, so it’s easy enough to get from one beach to another in a short span of time. Expect tide levels to change as much as 6-8 feet every six hours, so don’t leave your beach towels too close to the water when you go for a stroll.
Lots of organizations have lauded Hilton Head’s beaches, giving them top honors. USA Today named Hilton Head Island as one of the 10 best Carolina beaches, Parents Magazine selected us the No. 1 beach town in the U.S., and U.S. News & World Report showcased the island as No. 6 on its list of Top 10 Best Beaches for 2013.
The beaches of Hilton Head Island are the perfect spot to engage in a range of activities like biking, running, surfing, paddleboarding, skimboarding, swimming and so much more. Build the perfect sand castle, collect shells and discover amazing sea creatures, just be sure to put back any live ones and fill in your holes and level sandcastles at the end of the day for the safety of our Loggerhead Sea Turtles.
Within Palmetto Dunes’ 3 miles of beaches, you’ll find beautiful Hilton Head vacation homes and villas, as well as the oceanfront Dunes House, which is open to our guests and property owners. You can enjoy lunch, dinner or drinks at the outdoor restaurant, as well as live music during the summer months. At the Dunes House, you’ll also find the Hilton Head Outfitters kiosk where you can enroll in surf camp, rent beach chairs or paddleboards and lots more.
What’s your favorite thing about Hilton Head Island’s many beaches?
For more information about booking your Hilton Head vacation at Palmetto Dunes, visitwww.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
Wondering how you can stay in shape during your Hilton Head Island vacation? It’s a breeze! Even if you take a break from your regular exercise video or weight lifting routine during your trip, you can still get in some great entire body workouts by simply enjoying the great outdoors around our island.
Here are 5 fantastic ways to stay fit on Hilton Head Island:
1. Run on the beach – Do you regularly run your neighborhood at home or perhaps a local park? On Hilton Head Island, we’ve got an even better view: the Atlantic Ocean! Head out in the morning before it heats up and keep your eye out for dolphins. You won’t even realize you’re out of breath!
2. Ride a bike – We offer Hilton Head bike rentals for your convenience if you’re flying to the area or don’t want to drive down with your own bike. Hilton Head Island offers 50 miles of paved bike paths – 5 miles within our resort that have just been redone -- for you to explore the beauty of the Lowcountry.
3. Stand up Paddleboarding – One of the fastest growing watersports, stand up paddleboarding, or SUP, is a great full body workout that requires lots of balance and core strength. Paddle the waves in the Atlantic or Shelter Cove’s Broad Creek and enjoy the scenery. Hilton Head Outfitters has these special boards for rent. You can even try yoga on a stand up paddleboard with classes offered by Outside Hilton Head.
4. Go surfing – If you don’t know how to surf, attend our 90-minute Surf Camp offered Monday through Friday during the summer to learn the basics. Then rent a board from Hilton Head Outfitters and hang 10!
5. Play tennis – Tennis is a great cardio workout and we offer guests who book their Hilton Head vacation rentals through us two hours of free tennis court time daily. If that’s not quite enough of a workout for you, try our Hilton Head cardio tennis class for a real heart-pumping workout.
How do you stay fit while on vacation?
Planning to get your toes a little sandy this summer at the beach? Why not win a 4-day, 3 night fall or winter getaway to Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island worth $1300 for it! We’ve come up with a fun contest to reward you for your sandy toes and all you need is a beach and a camera!
While you’re hanging out at the beach this summer – any beach – simply snap a pic of your toes in the sand. You know the popular picture taken of your toes while lying on the beach from the head looking down like the one below? That’s the one we’re looking for! Your creativity is welcomed!
Once you’ve captured your photo, simply upload it to your favorite social network, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram and use the hashtag #SandyToesSelfie. To enter on Facebook, please post the photo on our Facebook page using the hashtag, so we’ll be sure to see it.
You have from now through Labor Day to submit your photo, one per person please, as the contest ends September 3. We’ll randomly select a winner of our #SandyToesSelfie Contest on September 4 and announce on all of our social networks.
Your prize includes a 4-day, 3-night stay in a resort view villa within Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront ResortSeptember through February, based on availability. Prize is valued at $1300.
RULES & RESTRICTIONS
So what are you waiting for? Get out on the beach and show us your sandy toes!
If you love the calmness of the lagoon or if fishing tops your list when you visit Hilton Head Island, you may want to consider this lovely Hilton Head vacation home. This oasis is located at 71 Off Shore withinPalmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Situated right on the lagoon, where you can literally pop out your door and drop your fishing pole in the water, 71 Off Shore is a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom home away from home.
It comes with its own dock right behind the home, where you’ll also find a refreshing pool for a dip after a day in the Carolina sunshine. The outdoor area features a gas grill, as well as a patio table and chairs with an umbrella so you can enjoy the wonderful lagoon view and Lowcountry scenery.
Step inside to find a fully-equipped and updated kitchen along with a large living area, overlooking the lagoon and pool. You’ll also find flat screen TVs, should you need a rest on the couch after a day of activity on Hilton Head Island.
There are four bedrooms, two with king beds, one with 2 twin beds and a fourth with 1 queen bed. You’ll also enjoy a washer/dryer if you need to give your swimsuits a spin during your trip, as well as, cable TV and wireless Internet access.
When you book your Hilton Head vacation rental through Palmetto Dunes, you enjoy the best rates and special discounts for activities and dining within the resort. All guests receive two hours of free tennis court time daily, as well as, discounts and access to the oceanfront Dunes House, Big Jim’s restaurant, the best rates on tee times, as well as kayaking, bike rentals and more. Palmetto Dunes is also centrally located, putting you within a few minutes drive to all sides of the island.
To book 71 Off Shore for your next Hilton Head Island vacation, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
We love Pinterest here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. It’s such a wonderful way to showcase our beautiful resort and all the fun things we have to do. From beach weddings to our three championship Hilton Head golf courses to the ocean and our plentiful moss-draped oaks, Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head Island are ripe for pinning.
Here are some of our most popular pins from May. Feel free to follow us on Pinterest, follow some of our popular boards like Beach Quotes, Hilton Head Weddings, Southern Food and HarbourFest and start sharing with all of your fellow pinners.
Pinning all things wedding related is a definite hit on Palmetto Dunes’ Pinterest. This pin of a Hilton Head beach wedding at the resort certainly made the rounds in May.
HarbourFest, especially pinners! You guys took our pins, sharing our love for HarbourFest and Shannon Tanner, and spread them all over Pinterest!
You can’t beat the beauty to be found everywhere you look on Hilton Head Island. Many people say that the moss-draped oaks are one of their favorite reminders of our Southern island. More than 70 of you pinned this pin, proving your love of stately live oak trees.
Finally, summer is here and that means Palmetto Dunes Surf Camp is back in session. In just 90 minutes, all ages can learn the basics of how to “hang ten.” This pin is the proof!
What are your favorite pins and boards on our Pinterest? Please follow us and pin away to start dreaming of days on Hilton Head Island.
To book your Hilton Head Island vacation, give us a call at 866-650-4130.
You just can’t head to the beach without a good book! We’ve picked some of the latest books from our favorite best-selling authors who either live in or write about the Lowcountry to give you the perfect beach read list for your visit to Palmetto Dunes:
1) The Hurricane Sisters: A Novel by Dorothea Benton Frank – A very popular writer and New York Times bestselling author, Dorothea Benton Frank tells another Lowcountry tale, this time focusing on three generations of women and the “hurricanes” in each of their lives.
2) The Stories We Tell by Patti Callahan Henry – In this southern tale to be released on June 24, Henry follows the drama of a fictional Savannah power couple and their family.
3) The Summer Wind by Mary Alice Monroe – The latest from Mary Alice Monroe, and the second in the Lowcountry Summer Trilogy, “The Summer Wind” continues the heartwarming story of three half-sisters and their grandmother as they rediscover their Southern roots and family bonds.
4) The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd – Selected for Oprah’s Book Club, “The Invention of Wings” by “The Secret Life of Bees” author Sue Monk Kidd chronicles the life of an urban slave in 19th century Charleston and the daughter of the wealthy family for whom she serves as a waiting maid.
5) Return to Tradd Street by Karen White – Debuting on the New York Times bestsellers list at No. 6, “Return to Tradd Street” takes place in Charleston and offers an element of the paranormal. It tells of a new mother, who happens to be a psychic, and the mystery of a ghostly infant crying.
What book are you most looking forward to reading this summer?
If we can help you plan your Hilton Head Island vacation to our 3 miles of beautiful beach, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Are you considering a Hilton Head vacation soon? Let us help you plan the perfect getaway that fits your hobbies and interests. At Palmetto Dunes, we offer so many activities from fishing to biking and from tennis to golf that you’ll be hard pressed not to find something you’ll love. Here are 5 great ways to vacation at Palmetto Dunes:
1. Tennis Getaways – If you “love” tennis, we’ve got all sorts of fun packages and activities for you. With the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, which sees thousands of visitors every year, you can find clinics, round robins, equipment demonstrations, tennis tournaments and more. We offer tennis vacation packages that include instruction and tennis court time and are even tailored to large groups. If you really love tennis, consider ourExtreme Tennis Vacation!
2. For the Outdoor Lover – There’s so much to do outdoors at Palmetto Dunes and so much beauty to see. The Outdoor Adventure packagerolls the best of our outdoor activities all into one with at least three nights of accommodations in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, kayak rentals, a dolphin cruise, Hilton Head bike rentalsand tennis court time daily.
3. Romance in Bloom – Looking for a romantic getaway for just the two of you? We offer several romance packages like our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration that include spa treatments, bike rentals, kayak rentals and more.
4. Golfers Delight – Get your best golf buddies together and play all three of our championship golf courses, each uniquely challenging. Our golf vacation packages include instruction time, accommodations and tee times, and be sure to take advantage of our free club fittings and free golf demo on Mondays at 4 p.m. at the Robert Trent Jones course.
5. Family Fun – Got kids? We love kids here at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Our Ultimate Family package and Sun ‘N Fun Island escape are uniquely designed to entertain all ages down to our smallest guests. Kids will find lots to do at the resort like family tees at our golf courses, junior tennis clinics and round robins, fishing, crabbing and summer Surf School just to name a few.
What kind of Hilton Head package sounds like the perfect fit for your vacation? If we can answer any questions or tailor any package to better fit your needs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-650-4130.
Our Hilton Head golf and tennis pro shops offer a variety of apparel and accessories for women for golf, tennis and even every day wear. One of our biggest sellers is locally-based Spartina 449. Their scarves and bags are a big hit with our female shoppers. Try one of their latest patterns for a gift Mom can wear all spring and summer.
The Annika Paramount Collection from Cutter & Buck is another classy choice for ladies who love to golf. It’s designed to be feminine yet sporty and utilizes the latest breakthroughs in fabric for maximum comfort for women on the move. In hues of blue, green and yellow, it makes a fashion statement on the greens.
Since we just opened our brand new online apparel store, you can also gift Mom with a Palmetto Dunes logoed item. How about a visor, polo or comfy robe? Choose from a variety of colors and styles and select your favorite Palmetto Dunes logo.
If you’re not exactly sure what your mom would like best, why not give her a Palmetto Dunes gift card? Order by the Wednesday before Mother’s Day to ensure on-time arrival. The card is redeemable at all point-of-sale locations around the resort and is good for accommodations, golf, tennis, bike rentals, Big Jim’s restaurant, the Dunes House and more.
Lastly, if Mom likes to while away hours on Pinterest, be sure to share our Pinterest board showcasing 10 Activities for Moms at Palmetto Dunes with her. Go ahead… let her dream of the beach, or better yet, bring her for a stay with us this spring or summer. Give us a ring at 866-650-4130.
The time between Christmas and Valentine’s is one of the most popular times of year to get engaged, so we know many of you are planning your summer and fall weddings right now. If a beach wedding is something you’ve always dreamed about, consider Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort to host your nuptials.
At Palmetto Dunes, we offer several venues, including the oceanfront Dunes House, which offers dining facilities for your reception after you tie the knot with your toes in the sand. A FoxNews article also recently featured our unique option to get married on our oceanfront Robert Trent Jones golf course. Ride in on a golf cart, write your name in the sand trap and celebrate your new last name as it waves on a flag in the famed 10th hole.
Brides have wonderful things to say about their beach weddings at Palmetto Dunes. One bride wrote recently on WeddingWire.com:
“…our experience at Palmetto Dunes was a very positive one! At any point through the wedding planning if we had a question or concern we would email or call, and within hours, we would have a response. This was really helpful because trying to plan a wedding in a different state can seem to be a little overwhelming. I strongly recommend having your wedding at Palmetto Dunes Resort.”
Our oceanfront Hilton Head weddings are truly gorgeous, too. To feast your eyes on some past beach weddings at the resort, take a peek at our Hilton Head weddings Pinterest board. It just might help you envision what your dream day will look like:
Or browse our wedding photo gallery for some ideas for your perfect wedding day at Palmetto Dunes.
Want more information? Request a wedding proposal or give Lindsay, our catering and events sales manager a call directly at 866-650-4130. Here’s to your happy ever after… on the beach!