It’s that time of year again! Time to start searching for the perfect gift to put a smile on the faces of your loved ones. Luckily for you, we at Palmetto Dunes are shopping pros! Not only do we have a wonderful selection of stores at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, the helpful staff at our tennis and golf pro shops are happy to help you choose a thoughtful and memorable gift.
For the golfer in your life, our very own Doug Weaver put together his wish list, The 12 Golf Gifts of Christmas:
1. Personalized Titleist golf balls and bag tags. Titleist is one of the top names in golf for a reason. Their golf balls are specially formulated and designed to deliver the performance you need with every shot.
2. Palmetto Dunes hats. With plenty of variety and styles, there’s a logoed hat for every one! Plus, you can buy one get one half off at Palmetto Dunes Pro Shops.
3. Pre-paid rounds of golf. Did you know that you could make a tee time and pre-pay it? You can also get a gift card for so the golfer on your list can choose which of our three beautiful courses to play.
4. Dress for success. So maybe your loved one can’t play like Jordan Speith or Lexi Thompson. That doesn’t mean he or she can’t dress like a pro! Send your golfer onto the green dressed to impress with golf wear by Under Armour, Peter Millar, Polo RLX, Nike, and more!
5. A lesson with a nurturing PGA Professional will allow your golfer to create memories and get better at a game they love. Give them the know-how they need to play better golf. Private lessons include a digital video analysis, emailed notes, personalized golf instruction, and practice before and after. If you have questions, please call the Director of the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, Doug Weaver, at 843-338-9598.
6. Protect your loved-one’s clubs with attractive headcovers. Some of our favorites are PRG leather embroidered headcovers and Just 4 Golf covers. Visit our Pro Shops to find the perfect set.
7. Whether you pick a lightweight carry bag or larger staff bag, one thing is for sure; a golf bag makes a perfect gift for the golfer in your life! Visit our online shop and have your golfer looking like a true professional. PLUS receive 20% everything in our online store now and ALWAYS free shipping!
8. A well-fitted putter can help your golfer lower his or her score. We love the Odyssey Putters like the Tour players use because they utilize leading golf technology and can be matched to the player.
10. For the times when your golfer can’t get out on the course, a must-have golf book is just the thing! Harvey Penick’s Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings from a Lifetime in Golf is a classic pick that will help your golfer improve his or her game.
11. Custom Clubs. Did you know that SwingFit at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course at Palmetto Dunes is the only clubfitter in Hilton Head Island to be recognizes on Golf Digest’s List of 100 Best Clubfitters? Book your golfer in with SwingFit and their custom-fitted clubs will have them swinging better and scoring lower in 2018!
12. Someone to play with! The best medicine is fresh air and time playing on the course with a professional. Play with a pro and learn as you go. It’s kind of like going fishing in the local salt marshes or ocean — a guide is necessary, otherwise it is blind luck to catch a fish. Studies prove that many people quit golf or reduce their play significantly because they are frustrated, not successful, or not having fun. Awaken your golfer’s love of the game with time with a coach, who reminds them how to enjoy the game.
Golf is a game for a lifetime. If you need any help choosing that special golf gift, or if you’re in need of golfing advice, call our pro shop at 843-785-1155. We will help you find a gift that will be cherished for many years and we LOVE special orders!