Hilton Head Island is simply stunning at this time of year, and we love following your fall adventures! If you’re staying at Palmetto Dunes, tag your Instagram photos with #PalmettoDunes. From golf games to beach strolls to wedding vows, you’ve shared some amazing photos with us this month. Here are five of our favorites:
Despite some weather woes this October, the beaches at Palmetto Dunes remained stunning and inviting. @rebeccainclt shared a great video of her kids running into the water and we love it! Palmetto Dunes really is the ultimate family destination.
There’s no better way to get around Hilton Head Island than by bike, and we love this photo @calipowders shared from her morning beach bike ride! Rent a bike for your Palmetto Dunes stay from Hilton Head Outfitters - you can even reserve online!
In case you’ve forgotten just how unbelievably beautiful Palmetto Beach is, @lucymalsmom shared an amazing photo to remind you.
Of course, the beach isn’t the only destination for waterside adventure. @lafranchise12 shared this photo of a perfectly still lagoon at sunrise. Kayaks and canoes are perfect for exploring our incredible lagoon system!
We’re proud to offer pet-friendly rental accommodations for you and your furry friend, and we love seeing photos of you and your dog enjoying Palmetto Dunes, like this one shared by @antdeedee.
Check back for more great photography and Palmetto Dunes news, and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram at Instagram.com/palmettodunessc.
We finally made it to spring break! Say goodbye to the bad winter weather and hello to warm sunny South Carolina skies. If you’re headed down our way for spring break, we’ve got some great suggestions for kids to enjoy here at the resort. From golf to swimming to fishing and more, there’s no time for video games or for getting bored here on Hilton Head Island.
Here’s our list of top spring break activities for kids on the island:
What do you think your kids will enjoy the most on their Hilton Head Island spring break?
If you still need assistance booking a Hilton Head vacation villa or would like to book any of the above, please contact us at 866-744-7558.
Hilton Head Island is a romantic spot for any couple’s Valentine’s Day getaway. With beautiful beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and stately moss-draped live oak trees, the natural charm of our Southern island is simplistic romance at its very best.
But our destination offers more than just a beach retreat for couples; Palmetto Dunes gives you plenty of active adventures to enjoy together in the outdoors, as well as many options for dining and accommodations.
Here are 7 romantic ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day at Palmetto Dunes:
1) Take a tandem bike ride – Wait until sunset and then enjoy a beach bike ride together on one of our tandem bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters. Or traverse our more than 50 miles of paved bike paths across the island, exploring the beauty of Hilton Head.
2) Kayak through our peaceful lagoon – Our 11-mile inland lagoon system, which winds through our golf courses, offers a peaceful respite and a perfect opportunity to spend quality quiet time alone. Kayak together on a one-hour or two-hour ride, seeing plenty of birds and wildlife along the way.
3) Enjoy a picnic by the beach – Pack some yummy food from the Palmetto Dunes General Store and enjoy a romantic picnic by the water. Listen to the waves crash and enjoy the sea breeze. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a dolphin or two.
4) Watch the sun set as you eat dinner – Head to one of several Hilton Head restaurants in Shelter Cove Harbour and enjoy your dinner as the sun sets over Broad Creek. Try ELA’s Blu Water Grille or Bistro 17 for starters.
5) Enjoy several nights in a luxury Hilton Head vacation home – We offer a range of Hilton Head vacation homes, small or large depending on what you desire. Choose from homes with pools, ocean views, patios and Jacuzzis for the ultimate in romance.
6) Take a dolphin or sunset dinner cruise – There’s plenty of romance to be had on the water. Shelter Cove Marina offers several sunset cruises, dolphin cruises to get up close with our native mammals, as well as nature cruises for bird-watching and more.
7) Play each other in tennis – With each night you stay in one of our Hilton Head vacation rentals, you receive two hours of complimentary tennis court time at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Take on your significant other in a tennis match and polish your tennis skills together. Did we mention you’ll burn calories, too?! We hope you’ll consider spending your Valentine’s Day with us this year. We offer several romance packages designed for couples, including our Honeymooner’s Escape, Mini Moon and Anniversary Celebration. Give us a call at 866-744-7558 to plan your Valentine’s Day getaway to Hilton Head Island.