This Christmas, golfers dreaming of something more exciting than another trip over the river and through the woods will be well taken care of at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort.
In fact, you can simply let your favorite golfer — or non-golfer for that matter — decide exactly what they want with a Palmetto Dunes Resort Gift Card. The possibilities are endless. Along with golf rounds and lessons — same with tennis and pickleball — PD gift cards can be redeemed for resort shops merchandise, bikes, kayaks and canoe rentals, marina activities and charters, and of course delicious food at The Dunes House, Big Jim's and the golf grills. Palmetto Dunes gift cards can be purchased at pro shops, the PD welcome center or online.
For more than a half-century, vacationers from across the globe have flocked to Palmetto Dunes to enjoy the resort’s three miles of wide Atlantic Ocean beach and countless amenities, highlighted by PD’s sterling trio of world-class golf courses designed by legends of the industry. In the past decade alone, all three Palmetto Dunes courses have been honored as South Carolina’s Golf Course of the Year.
For all your Christmas shopping needs this year, Santa's helpers at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort are standing by. Call them at 866-744-7558.
“On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.” … If you want to give your love a gift of golf this year, consider these dynamite dozen quick and easy options that can be shipped directly to your favorite golfer.
1. Personalized Bag tags spark the excitement of the memory of the Palmetto Dunes Golf experience and can awaken the anticipation of visiting there soon. Also, the “tag” identifies your “bag” so that it will be handled correctly. Personalized ball markers are also available.
2. Head covers are leather, logo-ed and long lasting protection. Every time the golfer touches their head cover, no matter where they are, it transfers quality and confidence into the next shot.
3. Golf balls for the best or particular player, e.g. Titleist Pro V1 with a sale price with college logos Clemson, Ohio State and USC Gamecocks. New golfers will enjoy the Taylor Made Project A.
4. A lesson with a nurturing PGA Professional will allow the recipient to create memories and get better at a game they love. Men and some women are known for not caring for themselves. Give them the know-how they need. Private lessons at PD include take-home video analysis, emailed notes and practice before and after. If you have questions, please call the Director of the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, Doug Weaver, at 843-338-9598. We can e-mail a certificate to you in minutes.
5. Dress for success. Under Armour shirts, caps and shoes always make us dream of playing like Jordan Spieth, while also making us feel athletic like an NFL football player. Peter Millar Polo RLX and Nike golf clothes always make a golfer happier and make them play better.
6. US Kids Golf Club sets bring back the memories of children on Christmas Day enthusiastically choosing which golf bag compartment was for balls, which was for tees and which was for the “water ball.” This teaches them organization skills, planning ahead and it shows parents the excitement of golf to come. Call a PD Pro Shop and provide your child’s height and we can fit the clubs. Also, ask for Birdie Balls that can be hit in the yard.
7. Ricky Fowler junior hats of all color or PD logoed hats that fit all. Buy one get one half off, choosing from plenty of variety and styles.
8. Golf bags — Nike, Taylor Made and Ping have outstanding carry bags or the larger staff bags will make your golfer look like a true professional.
9. Pre-paid rounds of golf. Did you know that you could make a tee time and pre-pay it? You can also get gift a gift card for PD’s three courses that allows the golfer to make the tee time. When you purchase the gift card, just be sure to let the professional know your intent.
10. Advice from a Golf Psychologist. This affordable gift can be life changing. Most golfers have several bad shots or habits that are rooted in their personality, resulting from influences from work habits, parents, friends or other golfers who improperly mentored them. Mentalgolfworkshop.com is a professional online golf psychology service that identifies the golfer's patterns and offers a report on how to blend your personality into successful golf. The Web site offers testimonials from PGA Tour players, parents and college coaches. The service is branch of the DISC Profile System used worldwide in the Human Resources Industry. The cost is $65 and includes a free follow-up consultation with Golf Digest Magazine No. 2-ranked instructor in all of South Carolina, Doug Weaver, when you use the access word “palmetto.”
11. Time with a golf exercise trainer. Many people and golfers alike lose confidence in themselves simply because they have lost flexibility A Golf Mobility Class will increase confidence in kids and adults becoming more mobile, agile and stronger, therefore, seeing the ball go farther and straighter effortlessly. Also, the class benefits normal activity in life.
12. Frustration pills! The best medicine is fresh air and time playing on the course with a professional. Play with the pro and let them learn as they go. It’s kind of like going fishing in the local salt marshes or ocean — a guide is necessary, otherwise it is blind luck to catch a fish. Studies prove that many people quit golf or reduce their play significantly because they are frustrated, not successful or having fun. Enjoyment can be enhanced and quitting can be prevented by time with a coach, who teaches you how to enjoy the game.
Golf is a game for a lifetime. If you need any help choosing that special golf gift … or if you’re in need of golfing advice … please call 866-744-7558 and ask for the Pro Shop. We will help you find a gift that will be well received and cherished for many years.
Father’s Day is just around the corner and we’ve got our eye on some gifts that we know Dad will love! Our Father’s Day Gift Guide has ideas for the perfect way to say ‘I love you’ this Father’s Day.
1. We know by the line-ups at Big Jim’s that a good meal goes a long way. Does your dad like to cook? Give him the gift of Lowcountry cooking at home with a cookbook featuring southern flavors, like Georgia-based Chef Hugh Acheson’s A New Turn in the South. If your father prefers eating to cooking, why not give him a gift certificate for his favorite Palmetto Dunes restaurant?
2. There are plenty of options for the golf-loving dad at Palmetto Dunes! Help him improve his game with a golf clinic or private lesson from The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy – rated one of the best in the state. Or, give Dad an experience he’ll never forget! Our Stay and Play Package is the perfect golf getaway for a busy, golf-loving dad. (And maybe he’ll bring the whole family along!)
Another idea is some new golf gear. The Sun Mountain Four 5 bag is a great golf bag for those who like to carry their clubs. If your father prefers riding his way through our picturesque golf courses, the C-130 Cart Bag would be perfect.
3. One of the best-selling items on our online shop is the ¼ zip stretch thermal top. Its lightweight and breathable fabric makes it a go-to layer for golfers no matter the weather! Customize Dad’s top with a logo to make it truly one-of-a-kind.
4. We know from your #PDSummer Instagram pics that y’all know how to take a pretty picture of your time at Palmetto Dunes, so why not capture the memory of a family vacation to give to Dad? Print off one of your favorite Instagram photos onto a piece of metal for a unique of artwork Dad will love!
5. A new wallet is a classic Father’s Day gift, and the Winston Collection Money Clip Wallet will never go out of style, in fact its gorgeous 100% Vacquetta leather virtually guarantees that this wallet will age beautifully.
6. We can just picture Dad lounging on the beach – or by your villa pool – with a good book. Help Dad unwind and get into a good read with a thriller from master spy novel writer John le Carré. The Night Manager has recently been made into a mini-series, and we promise your father won’t be able to put this book down!
7. Can’t decide? A gift card lets Dad pick his present. The gift of Palmetto Dunes? We can’t think of anything better! Call us if you have any questions or other needs.