“On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.” … If you want to give your love a gift of golf this year, consider these dynamite dozen quick and easy options that can be shipped directly to your favorite golfer.
1. Personalized Bag tags spark the excitement of the memory of the Palmetto Dunes Golf experience and can awaken the anticipation of visiting there soon. Also, the “tag” identifies your “bag” so that it will be handled correctly. Personalized ball markers are also available.
2. Head covers are leather, logo-ed and long lasting protection. Every time the golfer touches their head cover, no matter where they are, it transfers quality and confidence into the next shot.
3. Golf balls for the best or particular player, e.g. Titleist Pro V1 with a sale price with college logos Clemson, Ohio State and USC Gamecocks. New golfers will enjoy the Taylor Made Project A.
4. A lesson with a nurturing PGA Professional will allow the recipient to create memories and get better at a game they love. Men and some women are known for not caring for themselves. Give them the know-how they need. Private lessons at PD include take-home video analysis, emailed notes and practice before and after. If you have questions, please call the Director of the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, Doug Weaver, at 843-338-9598. We can e-mail a certificate to you in minutes.
5. Dress for success. Under Armour shirts, caps and shoes always make us dream of playing like Jordan Spieth, while also making us feel athletic like an NFL football player. Peter Millar Polo RLX and Nike golf clothes always make a golfer happier and make them play better.
6. US Kids Golf Club sets bring back the memories of children on Christmas Day enthusiastically choosing which golf bag compartment was for balls, which was for tees and which was for the “water ball.” This teaches them organization skills, planning ahead and it shows parents the excitement of golf to come. Call a PD Pro Shop and provide your child’s height and we can fit the clubs. Also, ask for Birdie Balls that can be hit in the yard.
7. Ricky Fowler junior hats of all color or PD logoed hats that fit all. Buy one get one half off, choosing from plenty of variety and styles.
8. Golf bags — Nike, Taylor Made and Ping have outstanding carry bags or the larger staff bags will make your golfer look like a true professional.
9. Pre-paid rounds of golf. Did you know that you could make a tee time and pre-pay it? You can also get gift a gift card for PD’s three courses that allows the golfer to make the tee time. When you purchase the gift card, just be sure to let the professional know your intent.
10. Advice from a Golf Psychologist. This affordable gift can be life changing. Most golfers have several bad shots or habits that are rooted in their personality, resulting from influences from work habits, parents, friends or other golfers who improperly mentored them. Mentalgolfworkshop.com is a professional online golf psychology service that identifies the golfer's patterns and offers a report on how to blend your personality into successful golf. The Web site offers testimonials from PGA Tour players, parents and college coaches. The service is branch of the DISC Profile System used worldwide in the Human Resources Industry. The cost is $65 and includes a free follow-up consultation with Golf Digest Magazine No. 2-ranked instructor in all of South Carolina, Doug Weaver, when you use the access word “palmetto.”
11. Time with a golf exercise trainer. Many people and golfers alike lose confidence in themselves simply because they have lost flexibility A Golf Mobility Class will increase confidence in kids and adults becoming more mobile, agile and stronger, therefore, seeing the ball go farther and straighter effortlessly. Also, the class benefits normal activity in life.
12. Frustration pills! The best medicine is fresh air and time playing on the course with a professional. Play with the pro and let them learn as they go. It’s kind of like going fishing in the local salt marshes or ocean — a guide is necessary, otherwise it is blind luck to catch a fish. Studies prove that many people quit golf or reduce their play significantly because they are frustrated, not successful or having fun. Enjoyment can be enhanced and quitting can be prevented by time with a coach, who teaches you how to enjoy the game.
Golf is a game for a lifetime. If you need any help choosing that special golf gift … or if you’re in need of golfing advice … please call 866-744-7558 and ask for the Pro Shop. We will help you find a gift that will be well received and cherished for many years.
The holiday season is upon us and that can only mean one thing: #ShelterCoveChristmas is back! Celebrate the beauty of the holiday season with Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina and you could win our Palmetto Dunes Grand Prize Getaway. We’re getting ready to light up the night at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina, and we invite you to come be a part of the fun! Help us show off Shelter Cove at Christmas and win!TO ENTER: Follow and tag Palmetto Dunes on Instagram. Snap a photo that captures holiday cheer at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina and share it with us by tagging @PalmettoDunesSC and using #ShelterCoveChristmas.
OUR ULTIMATE SHELTER COVE PRIZE INCLUDES:
We can’t think of a better place to spend the holidays than Hilton Head Island. If you’re looking for the best places to shop in Hilton Head Island, or the perfect restaurant for a holiday get-together, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina has all you need to make your Christmas merry and bright.
Entries must be submitted within the contest dates: November 24, 2016 – January 2, 2017. Overnight stay subject to availability. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. Open to US Residents only.
The most wonderful time of year is fast approaching! It truly is better to give than receive, and so we’re back with our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide. Add some Hilton Head Island to your holidays with gifts perfect for the Lowcountry lover in your life.
The Perfect Beach Bag
If you’ve been to Palmetto Dunes, you know that the beach is the best escape anyone can have, so why not broadcast it with this handcrafted Escape Canvas Bag? Throw in a customized ball cap from the Palmetto Dunes Online Shop, beach towel, and sunscreen and you're ready to hit the beach! This bag would also be perfect for toting essentials to a weekend getaway to Palmetto Dunes!
Game-Changing Golf Gear
Our golf clinics and expert golf instructors—including one of South Carolina’s top instructors, according to Golf Digest—can help improve your game during your stay at Palmetto Dunes Resort, and today’s impressive golf technology can help shave a few points off your handicap too. Straight off the Golf Digest 2016 Hot List, the Callaway XR OS offers increased lofts for height regardless of your swing speed and Cobra Max irons are half hollow irons with wide soles, perfect for hackers in need of a hand. Schedule a club fitting with one of our experts, and stop by one of our pro shops for some top-of-the-line golf apparel from the sport’s most popular brands.
Take the guesswork out of your long game with the NEXUS Laser Rangefinder. Improve your course management and shot accuracy with powerful precision magnification. The Precision Pro Rangefinder is accurate within 1 yard and it’s available at the Palmetto Dunes Online Shop!
A Little Touch of Lowcountry
There’s nothing quite like a Hilton Head Island vacation and there’s no reason why you can’t take our laid-back Lowcountry lifestyle with you during the hectic holiday season! Give a beautiful beach-themed ornament to remind your loved one of long walks on Palmetto Beach, or perhaps a bike ornament as a reminder of days spent cycling the Island’s beautiful bike trails. If you’ve ever visited Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina then you’ll remember the incredible year-round store Christmas on the Harbor. It's one of many shops in the area and the perfect place to pick up a special holiday memento for a Palmetto Dunes fan.
A Present for a Pup
We know that our four-legged guests love Palmetto Dunes as much as you do, and our pet-friendly vacation rentals on Hilton Head Island offer the perfect excuse to bring your furry friend with you on vacation. Don’t forget Fido or Spot during the holidays! This Harry Barker Pup Expedition Kit is hand-packaged in Charleston and is filled with toys and treats to make sure your dog has a holly jolly Christmas, too.
The Coolest New Camera Gear
Hilton Head Island is one of the world’s best—and most beautiful destinations. We love seeing the Island through your eyes, or lens rather, on Facebook and Instagram. Y’all sure can snap pretty pictures! The Olloclip Active Lens Kit clips right onto your smartphone and is ideal for taking photos of all of your Palmetto Dunes adventures.
The Gift That Keeps On Giving
There’s always that one person on the list that seems to already have everything. Enter the Palmetto Dunes Gift Card. Our gift cards are redeemable throughout the resort, and are the perfect excuse to start planning the next Palmetto Dunes getaway! Order your gift card from our online store soon to guarantee its arrival before Christmas. If you’re more of a last-minute shopper we’re happy to send you an email version of your gift card.
Still feeling stumped? Check out the Bestsellers at our online shop! Our online shop always offers free shipping. If you’re looking to get away from it all this holiday season, check out our Hilton Head Vacation Packages and book a vacation the whole family will love.
Seasons Greetings from all of us at Palmetto Dunes, and happy shopping!
Father’s Day is just around the corner and we’ve got our eye on some gifts that we know Dad will love! Our Father’s Day Gift Guide has ideas for the perfect way to say ‘I love you’ this Father’s Day.
1. We know by the line-ups at Big Jim’s that a good meal goes a long way. Does your dad like to cook? Give him the gift of Lowcountry cooking at home with a cookbook featuring southern flavors, like Georgia-based Chef Hugh Acheson’s A New Turn in the South. If your father prefers eating to cooking, why not give him a gift certificate for his favorite Palmetto Dunes restaurant?
2. There are plenty of options for the golf-loving dad at Palmetto Dunes! Help him improve his game with a golf clinic or private lesson from The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy – rated one of the best in the state. Or, give Dad an experience he’ll never forget! Our Stay and Play Package is the perfect golf getaway for a busy, golf-loving dad. (And maybe he’ll bring the whole family along!)
Another idea is some new golf gear. The Sun Mountain Four 5 bag is a great golf bag for those who like to carry their clubs. If your father prefers riding his way through our picturesque golf courses, the C-130 Cart Bag would be perfect.
3. One of the best-selling items on our online shop is the ¼ zip stretch thermal top. Its lightweight and breathable fabric makes it a go-to layer for golfers no matter the weather! Customize Dad’s top with a logo to make it truly one-of-a-kind.
4. We know from your #PDSummer Instagram pics that y’all know how to take a pretty picture of your time at Palmetto Dunes, so why not capture the memory of a family vacation to give to Dad? Print off one of your favorite Instagram photos onto a piece of metal for a unique of artwork Dad will love!
5. A new wallet is a classic Father’s Day gift, and the Winston Collection Money Clip Wallet will never go out of style, in fact its gorgeous 100% Vacquetta leather virtually guarantees that this wallet will age beautifully.
6. We can just picture Dad lounging on the beach – or by your villa pool – with a good book. Help Dad unwind and get into a good read with a thriller from master spy novel writer John le Carré. The Night Manager has recently been made into a mini-series, and we promise your father won’t be able to put this book down!
7. Can’t decide? A gift card lets Dad pick his present. The gift of Palmetto Dunes? We can’t think of anything better! Call us if you have any questions or other needs.
We know shopping for the holidays can be stressful, and finding the perfect gift for that special someone on your list can be a challenge. So to help, here’s our list of holiday gift ideas, and a few of our favorite things:
Garmin’s Approach Series is tailor-made to help you with your game. This ‘wearable caddie’ has over 30,000 golf courses pre-programmed into it – including all three award-winning courses at PalmettoDunes – and will show you course previews and distances, track your stats and swing metrics, keep score, and all with a sleek look and glove-friendly touch screen.
We love this sunscreen powder from Sunforgettable. It’s easy to apply and water resistant!
Lounge on the sand to your heart’s content and stay protected from the elements with a large, SPF umbrella. It will keep the wind and rays off you – not to mention make your spot easy to find when you’re coming in from the surf.
Help your tennis lover ace her or his courtside style with a quality tennis bag, like this one from our online store.
Stop by the Tennis Center Pro Shop at Palmetto Dunes, it’s the largest on Hilton Head Island! With top brands like Nike, Wilson, Head, Fila and Prince your tennis player will definitely be looking like a pro. Or how about getting some lessons for your tennis lover? Palmetto Dunes offers a wide variety of tennis clinics and lessons as well as private lessons. Call 843.785.1152 to inquire. A tennis lover isn’t going to fault you for a gift like that!
There’s more to Hilton Head Island than sports and recreation! There are over a dozen art galleries on the Island, including La Belle Image Fine Art Gallery at Shelter Cove Harbour. In fact, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina has a ton of shops and restaurants to explore, not to mention music and events all year round.
There’s always something riveting going on at the Arts Centre of Coastal Carolina, and tickets for a show during your next Palmetto Dunes Stay would make a wonderful gift!
With over 11 miles of scenic lagoons, 3 miles of beaches, and island-wide bike trails, there are tons of ways to enjoy the great outdoors at Palmetto Dunes!
You know what they say: you can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf! Our amazing surf instructor has over 35 years of experience, and a surf lesson is the perfect gift for an outdoor enthusiast who loves the sea!
The best way to get around Hilton Head Island is by bike, and the folks at Hilton Head Outfitters can rent you all the bike gear you need for exploring. Add some style to your cycle with a handy and charming bike bag! This one is perfect for loading up on all sorts of goodies, whether you’re grabbing something from the General Store or cycling around your hometown.
Can’t decide what to give your loved one for Christmas this year? A Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Gift Card is the gift that keeps on giving! Order yours by December 14 to guarantee delivery before Christmas. (And if you buy one for yourself, we promise we won’t tell!)
Shop great gift ideas like: HHI shirts, beach gear, bike accessories, fishing gear and more!
Two Under Armour shirts $99
Up to 30% OFF balls
50% OFF select belts
Buy 2 hats get 1 free
10% OFF 1 item*
20% OFF 2 items*
30% OFF 3 items*
40% OFF 4 items*
*Discounts apply to apparel only
sales about $150
sales above $100
sales about $50
All non-sale items only
|Big Jim's |
Mon.-Fri., 4 - 7 p.m.
View more specials
on new brand items like Dunning, Brooks Brothers and more! Add a PD logo for a truly custom gift.
20% OFF of Columbia
+ select Costa Del Mar
The new pairing of Under Armour Golf and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island is a match made in heaven.
This month’s Grand Opening of the Under Armour Golf Palmetto Dunes Concept Shop at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island stands as a perfect example of a commitment to offering customers a superior shopping experience.
The new Under Armour space that helps anchor the Robert Trent Jones clubhouse at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort features a store-within-a-store concept that highlights a heightened UA golf shopping experience through a variety of innovative products including men’s, women’s and youth golf product, as well as Under Armour headwear and eyewear.
The Palmetto Dunes Concept Shop will also feature Under Armour men’s and women’s fitness product.
“We’re excited to offer Under Armour’s visionary collection of clothing in our new concept shop,” says Palmetto Dunes Vice President of Resort Operations Brad Marra. “By featuring a young superstar like Jordan Spieth, UA stands out as a brand that truly supports individuality on and off the golf course and we are very excited to offer this collection at the Robert Trent Jones Course in Palmetto Dunes.”
Under Armour extended Spieth’s contract in January to help represent the brand’s golf category. In the nine months that followed Spieth rewrote the PGA Tour record books, winning two majors en route to a single-season earnings record of more than $12 million. That didn’t include the $10 million FedEx bonus the 22-year-old earned after clinching the FedEx Cup Playoffs following his four-stroke win at the season-ending Tour Championship.
While Spieth was making a statement in the world of golf with a playing style all his own, the young prodigy’s style on the course caught the eyes of many and heightened awareness around Under Armour Golf.
Under Armour clothing and fitness product are engineered with one mission in mind: to make athletes better. Under Armour’s performance DNA can be found throughout the company’s product lines. Key performance benefits include:
Visitors will also find Key UA technologies highlighted in the Concept Shop:
Don’t miss the lovely and charming shops at Shelter Cove Harbour as you make your post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping rounds! Not only will you enjoy a fantastic harbour view, but you can find one-of-a-kind gifts from shops like Nash Gallery and the newest boutique to open in the area, Seasons.
The shops at Shelter Cove Harbour will be holding a variety of holiday sales during Black Friday and throughout the weekend. Plus, you can enjoy holiday fun like a visit from Santa at Noon and holiday music from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. both on Black Friday. Be sure to enter to win a variety of prize packages, including gift cards and a 2-night stay at Shelter Cove with an ELA’s dinner gift certificate between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 28. Find all of the holiday happenings in this blog post.
If you’re looking for a deal, here’s what you’ll find at the Shelter Cove sales:
Shelter Cove restaurants will also be offering specials and discounts, as well, when you decide to take a break from shopping to refuel.
Don’t forget that Saturday, Nov. 29 is Small Business Saturday. We really appreciate you supporting our local Hilton Head shops and restaurants!
If you’re visiting Hilton Head Island prior to the holidays, be sure to take advantage of our many unique boutiques and shops that you don’t have back home. Whether you have golfers or tennis players in your family or you’re just looking for a one-of-a-kind gift, you’ve got plenty to choose from when it comes to Hilton Head shopping.
1. Nash Gallery – Art lovers will be in heaven browsing this Shelter Cove art gallery. Featuring work from North American artists, you’ll find pieces made from metal, wood and glass, as well as ceramics and even jewelry.
2. Ship’s Store – The Shelter Cove Marina Ship’s Store features all things nautical in apparel, accessories and anything you’d need for a day out on the boat. Tervis Tumblers make great gift items, along with stylish nautical belts, Guy Harvey shirts and Sperry Topsiders.
3. Taffeta – Get your best friends the latest fashions from Europe at Taffeta in Shelter Cove. The clothing boutique specializes in styles from France and Italy for both special occasions and casual wear.
4. Neptune’s Niche – Lowcountry is the theme at this store named after the iconic Statue of Neptune at Shelter Cove. The shop carries works from local artists, including glassware, woodwork, pottery, ironwork and textiles.
5. Seasons – The latest boutique to open at Shelter Cove, Seasons offers women’s apparel, accessories, jewelry and other gift items. You’re likely to find a hot pair of pumps and a gorgeous necklace for your most stylish friends here.
6. Camp Hilton Head – Need a Hilton Head souvenir or casual apparel like T-shirts and hats? Camp Hilton Head at Shelter Cove says they are your vacation headquarters. Give your friends and family a little taste of Hilton Head with items from this unique boutique.
7. Christmas on the Harbour – Celebrate Christmas island style at this pretty little store at Shelter Cove. Not only do they have Department 56 houses, Christopher Radko blown Polish glass, Jim Shore Collectibles and nativities, you’ll also find plenty of one-of-a-kind Hilton Head-themed gift items. Doesn’t everyone need a Hilton Head ornament for their tree?
8. Palmetto Dunes Golf Pro Shops – Golfers will delight in any of our three Hilton Head golf pro shops. For Nike lovers, the Robert Trent Jones golf pro shop is one of only six Nike Concept Shops in the country. Find clubs, accessories, apparel and equipment for all your golf needs.
9. Palmetto Dunes Tennis Pro Shop – Palmetto Dunes also caters to tennis players with thousands passing through the resort every year. Our Hilton Head tennis pro shop offers the latest name-brand apparel and racquets, as well as Solarbat Leverage™ sunglasses, racquet covers, bags and other fun tennis gift items.
10. Hilton Head Outfitters – For the adventure lover, head to Hilton Head Outfitters for gift ideas. Inside you’ll find surfing, biking, paddleboarding and kayaking equipment and accessories, as well as T-shirts and sweatshirts, fishing gear, jewelry, sunglasses and more.
Did we cover everyone on your gift list this year?!
For more information about visiting Palmetto Dunes this holiday season, visit www.palmettodunes.com or call us at 866-650-4130.
If you’ve got some folks in your family who simply adore Hilton Head, why not give them a little taste of the island as their holiday gift? We’ve got 5 ideas for the Hilton Head lovers in your life:
1. Golf flag – For the golfers in your family, why not give them a fun reminder of their rounds at Palmetto Dunes? Come shop in one of our Hilton Head golf pro shops for a flag with the name of one of our golf courses or we’re happy to ship it to you. Why not reserve them a future golf round, as well?
2. Beach-themed ornament – Christmas tree ornaments can be fun reminders of people and places near and dear to your heart. That’s why you should have an ornament representing Hilton Head on your tree. The Palmetto Dunes General Store always has some cute ones in stock – be it Santa riding an alligator or climbing a palm tree J.
3. Hilton Head vacation – Want to see the family go bananas on Christmas morning? Let them unwrap a gift that tells them they’ll be vacationing to Hilton Head Island next spring or summer! Go ahead and book your Hilton Head vacation home and include a few pictures for them to ogle along with a sample itinerary of biking, golfing, playing tennis, kayaking, fishing and more!
4. Palmetto Dunes logoed gear – Our new online store makes it easy to order something and have it sent direct to you without ever having to step outside the door. Choose from a variety of apparel all printed with the Palmetto Dunes logo, including fleece jackets, hats, polos and even robes.
5. Palmetto Dunes Gift Card – For the people you just don’t know what to get, why not a Palmetto Dunes gift card? They can use it at any-resort owned property for goods and services, such as accommodations for vacation rentals, meals at the Dunes House or Big Jim’s, rounds of golf, tennis lessons, bike rentals or even surfing lessons next summer! Buy online.
Which of these Hilton Head Island gifts would you like the most this holiday season? Do you think your family would enjoy receiving them?
If we can help you plan your Hilton Head vacation or ship gift items direct to your doorstep, give us a call at 866-650-4130.